What do you want? (Open RP)

Started by Villain, December 05, 2010, 04:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Villain

"What can't you buy with money?" The man spoke as he sat at the large black piano that stood in the corner of the dark shabby bar. It was an empty place, the only people in it were the rough hairy bar tender that wiped down dirty glasses with a cloth and a thin pimple covered waiter that sat at a table bored out of his mind.

"Love? Health? Immortality? Friends? I suppose all these questions are debatable." The man continued despite the fact that no one was listening. The man at the piano was a roughly shaved man wearing a jet black suit and a small black bowler hat. His eyes were dark and hollow but his face was wide with excitement as he grinned broadly. In between his pearly white teeth was a cigarette which hanged like a serpents tongue.

"But I have an answer." He said before stretching his fingers and pressing them against the ivory keys of the piano. "I have the answer." He spoke before playing a smooth song on the pianos white keys. "Who wants to hear it first?"

mindlessmenage

A petite woman in a black dress sat in the dark corner of the bar. Her dark hair traveled down her back and looked as if it was once nicely curled. Her bangs hung over steel-grey eyes and you could barely see her in the shadows, which is how she preferred it. She threw back another scotch on the rocks, hoping it would erase her cluttered head. Her red lipstick stained the cheap, chipped glass and she could see the bartender eyeing it.

"Another." She demanded. She didn't care that she had just lost everything of value she owned and all she had left was in her small black clutch. As he poured her another she stared at her empty pack of cigarettes. Sighing heavily she grabbed her drink and wobbled over to the piano player she just realized was there.

"Hey, piano man." She slurred. "If you have an extra cigarette I'd be happy to be the first to hear it. I'm interested really, because I'm pretty sure that's what money is for. Buying things."
"Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets
oral sex, no matter how bad it is."
- Barbara Bush

"When a guy goes to a hooker, he's not paying her for sex, he's paying her to leave." -Author Unknown

Lisabeth

The rain poured in a stead drizzle down on the girls head. Lisa shivered griping the neck of her faded tan jacket silently thanking her mother for gifting it to her last Christmas. Glancing up and down the darkening streets she felt another shiver rock her body. The Chill forced her muscles to convulse in small yet violent tremors that clattered her teeth painfully together. She wished now she had listened to Derek and flown back to school instead of trying to deliver Derek's gift to there father personally.
Six days ago Lisa's older brother Derek had reviled to her that he had finally finished the custom restoration job on the 1957 Chevy that he had picked up seven months earlier from a garage. The thing was a Heep when he first purchased it and Lisa had thought it would have been impossible for the thing to ever run again. Wile she had always known her brothers skill as a mechanic she had never dreamed that he could pull off what he had with that car. Using original parts gathered from pick and pulls and small backroad garages Derek had completely restored the broken down shell into a mint conditioned blast from there fathers hay day. It was there father fifty fifth birthday in less then two week and instead of sending it across four states with a hired stranger Lisa talked her brother into letting her drive it back and save him some money in the process.
She had been visiting him for a week before she had to return back to School and used the pitch that she was heading back to there parents home state anyway and it would be so much safer with her then with a hired hand. receiving his reluctant agreeance she had made good time through the first two states until her tire blew out on the interstate just outside of town.
Moving through the streets Lisa looked into the darkened windows of each store in a desperate search open store. glaceing over her shoulder at the sound of each passing car she prayed for a taxi to pass by, a bus anything that would get her out of the rain and to a hotel.
Hearing the music drifting towards her on the wind, a faint melody playing against the constant patter of the falling rain she looked down the night shrouded street sighing with relief at the sight of the small hole in the wall bar. In any other situation Lisa would have never taken a second glace at the place but stuck out in the chilly air, the pouring rain soaking her to the bone the run down watering hole looked better the the Ritz.
Pushing the door open She grimaced as the thick smell of stale beer and cigarette smoke slapped her in the face. Hesitating only for a moment she stepped into the bar. As bad as the air was inside it was dry and it was warm witch was more then enough to convince the girl to deal grit her teeth and deal with it.
Unzipping her jacket she shook it out around her light blue shirt, small streams of water drizzled off her for a instant before slowly running there courses. pushing her hand along her face Lisa forced strands of thick blond hair off away from her eyes, the rain had turned its natural golden color into a thick mustard shade soaking it through and through and making it feel heavy on her head.
"Hi." She said walking towards the bartender. "Ummm do you have a phone i can use? I need to get a hold of a taxi if its at all possible." She watched the gruff looking man his demeanor more suited for a bouncer then a bartender. Slowly glancing back around the bar, the music rattling off the old piano was like a vial tossed over the coughs and chatter of the other patrons in the run downed structure. Dropping her eyes she suddenly felt very much out of place within these confines, the only bar she had ever been in was a sports bar owned by one of her fathers friends that he had taken her a her brother to one year to watch the Superbowl, and that was when she was twelve. the night clubs her and her friends had visited on occasion were nothing at all like this place and filled to the brim with people that were, for the most part just like her. This place was a far from her comfort zone as she could possibly get, yet as out of place as she felt it was still better standing here feeling out of sorts then standing in the frigid pouring rain. 
"Searchers of Horror haunt strange, far places..."
         ..... H.P. Lovecraft

Villain

"Oh money my dear can buy you many things but there are some things that seem to be out of moneys reach." The figure spoke before he pulled out a cigarette from the front pocket of his suit jacket. He offered it her with one hand, his other still playing the smooth melody. "But before I give you the answer, I've got to ask another question...what do you buy those things with?"

The song he played began to get softer, it turned into a sad hollow blues song that seemed to make the bar more darker than it had been when he started playing. "You see my dear, everything can be bought, even things which may seem impossible to buy. Everybody and everyone has a price.".

His grin grew broader as he turned his head to look at the young girl who had just entered. He stared at her with his dark bottomless eyes before looking back at the petite woman who he now offered the cigarette to. "It just depends on the product how much you pay for it.". He let out a small puff of smoke from between his pearly teeth before glancing again at the two women.

"Your looking a little lost my dear." He called over his shoulder before turning back to the piano. "Why don't you come on over? You look like you could do with hearing my answers.".

mindlessmenage

The woman in the black dress lit the cigarette and inhaled deeply before taking another sip of her drink. She turned behind her to look at the blonde. She had never seen her in here before, and she certainly didn't look like she was from around her.

"Lovely, what's your name? Better come over here, the staff isn't used to newcomers. Let alone a pretty little thing like you. Come listen to Mr. Piano Man. He's going to explain to me how to buy things without money. Must be a genius!"

She laughed madly, then took another drag of the cigarette. "Now what is it again that you asked me?" She closed her eyes and looked as if she was literally searching the depths of her mind. "Ah, yes. What do you buy those things with? Well I know I may look like a prostitute, sir, but no oh no. Believe it or not I'm a classy lady. A classy, classy lady. But some people I suppose would use their bodys to obtain things. I can tell you Miss Chick-a-dee over here doesn't either."
"Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets
- Barbara Bush

"When a guy goes to a hooker, he's not paying her for sex, he's paying her to leave." -Author Unknown

Lisabeth

Lisa spun gazing curiously at the man that had called to her letting her eyes drift to the woman that has at that moment beckoned her over. The sight of the pair almost made her laugh out loud. They were a picture taken right from a Humphrey Bogart flick, As if Lisa had stepped out of the twenty first century and back to a time when people really didn't have any other choice but to dress up and spend there every evening in dank and dark bars.
Lisa wasn't stupid, she had taken three semesters of self defence and rape prevention classes and knew better then to fallow a strange couple into the shadows of some out of the way dive like this. She was libel to be beaten senseless and robed of every cent she had. under normal circumstances she would have turned right around and ignored the pair. Then again under normal circumstances she would never be in a place like this.
"Ummm..." She let the sound vibrate her throat as she debated joining them but it was the woman's warning of the staff not liking strangers that finely forced her legs to work. Glancing over her shoulder at the gruff looking brute behind the bar she felt a sudden twinge of anxiety. What in the world had she walked into? A biker bar? some redneck hangout? Taking another look around really taking in her surroundings this time Lisa half expected to see some massively fat Hillbilly or horribly scarred Biker leaning against a Jukebox rounding out the entire dangerous bar cliche.
Moving towards the couple Lisa smiled her warmest nodding slightly to each of them.
"Hi. Lisa." She said holding her hand out first to the woman then the man, her chilled digits still damp from the onslaught outside. "And that wouldn't be a five finger discount your talking about would it?" She teased darting her eyes around the dark corner of the room.
"Hey you guys don't happen to have a cell phone i could use do you? I can pay for the call. I would go back and ask Grizzly Adams there to use his again but with his glare and your warning i think id better steer clear of the locals."
         ..... H.P. Lovecraft

Villain

"The locals aren't so bad, their just a little bitter because they've given up on everything." The figure spoke with a small smile as he looked at the bar tender. He stared back at first with a look of loathing, he had clearly heard what the man had said, but eventually he seemed to cave in and awkwardly broke the stare where he proceeded to clean glasses. "Worthless. No spine, no ambition, no drive." He said with a sigh, he sounded almost disappointed with what he saw.

"Your answer is very true." He said suddenly as and looked at the dark haired woman, "Its not the answer I'm looking for but it is true, people do use their bodies, but what I propose is something with more value, in fact its what my own business runs on." He sounded proud of his work, the music from the piano seemed to get louder for a moment letting the dark notes roll over the walls.

"I'm Dimitri." He said as the music faded back to its original volume. "Dimitri Harrow." He spoke as he reached into his pocket and pulling out a cell phone. "You needed a phone didn't you my dear?" He asked before placing it on the pianos smooth black surface, "Take it if you want, but why not stay for a minute and talk? I'd like to know your stories.".

mindlessmenage

"Don't be afraid, lovely. I'm far too drunk to bite. I'm sure you'd have me on my ass before I even got up." The lady joked, laughing as if it was the funniest thing she had ever heard. She sat back in a chair, staring at the piano player as if he was about to tell her where the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow was. She rarely ever had the chance to make real conversation. Her own husband merely grunted at her half the time. If she could focus on something other than her life for five minutes, it was worth it. She didn't mind that it was in the midst of strangers. "It's raining out my dear, you'll catch a cold."
- Barbara Bush

Lisabeth

Lisa felt a little better with they're reassurance. She was always a people person, she loved socializing with strangers making new friends out of them. This was just an odd environment for her, even so she felt better with they're every word. "Hi Dimitri." She said softly tossing the greeting at him but not wanting to interrupt his sentence but wanting to get it out there. 
Lisa smiled at the woman placing a hand gently on her arm. "I know your not,i was just thrown by this place you know? besides my parents are ex-hippies." She laughed tossing up two fingers. "Peace was always there main philosophy." Ex-hippies or not Lisa loved her parents. They had never done anything to harm her, never preached anything mentally damaging and never badgered her to be something that she wasn't.Instead they were kind and loving, always accepting of her and her choices regarding her life. They had given her all the help and support she needed when she said she was going to college at the other end of the state and never once doubted her ability to take on the world as an adult and not panic like a child.
"Oh thank you." She gasped her eyes lighting up as she took the phone. "I thought i might have to sleep in my car." Flipping it open she looked thoughtfully at Dimitri. Slowly sliding her hand over her moth tracing her chin as she debated taking him up in his offer. Looking at the woman then back to him she laughed and nodded handing him back the phone. "Sure. What the hell. I think i might like a little company."
         ..... H.P. Lovecraft

Villain

"Splendid." He spoke before he stopped playing the piano. "Abraham get these Ladies a drink!" He called out to the bar man who seemed to freeze up as the order was barked at him. Dimitri turned on the piano stool to the two ladies and gestured to an empty table nearby the piano. "Why don't we sit? Its a good night to talk.".

mindlessmenage

"Drinking and good company, it's always a good night for that." She replied as she sunk down into a seat. She pulled her dark mane into a lose bun and rested her head on her palms. "Let's drink to something before we start. You seem like a man with a bag of fancy words, why dont you do the honors."
- Barbara Bush

Villain

He looked at the woman fondly for a moment before taking a cigarette out of his pocket and lighting it. The waiter soon came over with a selection of drinks balanced on a single tray.

"That a good boy David, now serve them and buzz off." He spoke harshly before taking a bottle of wine off the tray and pulling the cork out of the bottle, "To new friends, long lives and infinite possibilities" He said as he raised his glass to the two of them before grinning broadly.

mindlessmenage

"Here, here!" She replied cheerfully and sincerely while raising her glass along with him. She liked the sound of that, "infinite possibilities". Could there be more out there to life than what she was used to. She supposed there must be, or she'd have offed herself long ago. Her eye watered a little. "I'm a sucker for toasts. That was lovely, just lovely!"

She took a hankercheif from her clutch and dabbed her eyes carefully.
- Barbara Bush

Lisabeth

"umm Well..." Lisa Started Glancing Over Her Shoulder At The Bartender As He Was Ordered To Ready Them Drinks. Looking Back And Forth Between The Pair She Smiled Tossing Up A Shrug. "what The Hell Sure Ill Have A Drink." She Said Taking A Set. "its Been A Wile Sense Iv Had A Drink With Friends And You Two Seam Good Enough People To Be Called That." She Nodded Thanks To The Bartender As He Dropped Off Her Dink Smiling She Held Up Her Glass. "to New Friends And Infinite Possibilities."
         ..... H.P. Lovecraft

Prototype

Into the bar walked a pale skinned man with light silver eyes, his long white hair hanged over his shoulders and back. His face mostly hidden due the black silk hat being tilted so it would cover his eyes. Over his athletic body structure was a rich tuxedo and black shiny shoes. In his right hand there was a long black cane and in his left a pocket watch which was attached to a golden chain tied to his belt tilting his head to the side he stared at the time for a brief moment before placing the watch in his pocket and making his way to the barkeep.

" Greetings, I would like to have a glass of red wine make it half full.. " He spoke calmly and kept his tone low, rising his head holding his back straight and chin high. He placed the cane next to the counter for a moment to remove his black leather gloves and place them into his second pocket, afterwards taking the cane in his hand once again.

As he waited for his wine he slowly turned his head to the side to inspect the people in the bar, sighing lightly he turned his attention on the barkeep who was already pouring the wine into the crystal clear glass and sliding it to the man.
" How much is that? " He asked briefly before he was told the price and he reached into the back pocket of his pants to take out a wallet handing the barkeep some money he took his glass and thanked him then heading to a small table in the corner of the bar sitting down with only a candle to light his surrounding.

The puritan filth, where ivy grows
The poisoned tear, the thorn, the rose
The sin, the pleasure, the sexual urge
Is what I choose for my last dirge

Villain

Dimitri drank from his glass with a smile as he looked over the company that he shared. Maybe this would be the point where he would be able to get more from them. Maybe he would be able to twist their stories from their lips.

He had thought that until the new well dressed gentlemen came in. He instantly hated him, the man reeked of elegance and wealth. It made him want to curse at him for having the gall to enter a dingy bar like this and to order drinks. He stared at his with hsi eyes narrowed in a viscious glare. Just what business did that gentlemen have here?

Kairi

Shortly after the man with the silk hat enters a blond female walks in looking around nervously and talks to the bar keeper, her tone loud and flustered she holds up a picture "have you seen this guy in here tonight?" She sits down eagerly awaiting an answer and pulls out a cigarette while awaiting his answer.
Through Shattered Glass and Broken Eyes,
I See Your Words, I Know They're Lies.

Reno

A man with short, dusky hair plastered to his face and head walks in, water dribbling slowly from the ends of his hair over his cheeks and neck. His soaked jeans make an audible "squish" with each step as he makes his way towards the bar. "Jesus," he mutters to the bartender, his hand moving into his pocket, "You try to save a little gas... Let me have a Black & Tan, would you?" His hand emerges and he hands over a soggy ten-dollar bill.

Villain

Hello everyone who has posted recently. I'm afraid this isn't really going anywhere so I think it's best if I just close it down. If you would like to play a different game please send me a pm, for those of you who are still waiting to be approved good luck and hope to hear from you too.