Interest check - 40k Underhive

Started by HairyHeretic, September 17, 2017, 09:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outcast

Tagging for interest, should you still be willing to consider more people.

I'm old enough that I can remember the original release of Rogue Trader, let alone Necromunda: my awareness of more recent details (i.e. most of the past 20 years of development!) is rather hit and miss.  But if you were willing to risk some blundering on my part, I'd be happy to participate.

My current vague notion is of a 'face'/researcher - perhaps a runaway from the upper hive (escaped concubine, bastard sired on a noble family's servant or whatever) who now provides the gang with things like research skills and a basic grasp of diplomacy, in return for a measure of freedom and a degree of safety.  In system terms, probably a couple of points apiece in Consort, Survey and Sway; and one point in each of Finesse and Prowl.  Perhaps 'charming' as an advantage.  Though this might be rather too much of a non-combat burden for the rest of the gang, depending on how dangerous the game is.
My Ons and Offs  My A/A (updated 10/4/24)

wander

Going off the suggested 8pts and max of 2 (8pts is a little small of a pool btw, I'd have thought 10 would be better unless there's room for 'levelling up' so to speak), I went with the thoughts of a stealthy tinkering rogue type. They'd have the Sniper specialty.

I came up with 'Consort 1, Finesse 2, Prowl 2, Study 1, Survey 1, Tinker 1'. I could probably swap out Study and take Hunt instead though. I see the character going one of two ways, either they're a wannabe Spyrer and secret upper class scion, or they could be part-Ratskin and urban druid. Or perhaps something like a Van Saar or Delaque ganger, given Necromunda terms.

HairyHeretic

The reason I'd gone with 8 was that was an approximation of what Blades in the Dark was using for character generation. If everyone thinks that is a bit light, we could probably go to 10 points.

Thoughts?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

wander

I think it'd matter more if there isn't an experience system. One thing to ask is there's going to be actions where our characters have a 0d6 rated skill... What happens with that?

HairyHeretic

Go with a common sense approach. Some things you can still try, even if you don't have the skill, in which case you roll 1 at a disadvantage. Other things, if you don't have the skill you're just not going to be able to do it. I can try kicking down a door with Wreck, but it's going to be hard enough for me to do. I'm not going to be able to reprogram a servitor without an appropriate skill.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

I haven't forgotten about this, just been a bit busy with stuff. Currently I need to catch up on, well, pretty much everything here.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Urbanzorro

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

HairyHeretic

I'd say so. Got anything in mind character-wise?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Urbanzorro

I have a hive ganger sneshal from a rogue trader style game bouncing around on here. He might fit on well. The the sneaky, ambush you and then spray and pray with his stubber sort of guy.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Eobelle

I am extremely interested in this, I love 40k, and Necromunda most of all.

wander

I'm still interested, will likely use the same idea I mentioned before. :)

HairyHeretic

Cool :) I'll hopefully get things rolling properly soon.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

I've set up an OOC thread here, where we can flesh out the setting and characters more, as well as regular OOCy stuff.

If people have a character concept, feel free to post it over there, and we can go from there.

Cattle die, kinsmen die