Ember's Cauldron of Ideas (F/F, F/M, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Fandom

Started by Ember Star, April 28, 2012, 07:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

Welcome, [you], to my bubbling cauldron of ideas.

As of late, I am rather picky about my partners. I have nothing against short posters, but I ask that you do not contact me about a role unless you can manage at least two decent paragraphs per post. Also, even with that, it will not be first come first served. Seeing as how most of my ideas are open ended depending on what the other person has in mind, I ask that in your pm you provide a snippet of what you have in mind for the story. 

If you are going to message me about an idea, make it worth my while. Put some effort and creativity into your message, show me that you're interested. I will not be responding to one-liners. Please do not IM me before
sending me a PM

Also, please don't pm if all you're interested in is the sexual aspect of a story. Sex in line with the story is fine, and my stories will have such. But it's certainly not all I want to do. I prefer unique stories that are heavy on plot and details

One final note. I am slow. Often enough I can manage a few posts a week. But don't come to me expecting more than one post a week. I have a farm and a 99 year old grandmother. My energy and time to RP is not what it used to be. Also, group RPs generally take president over one-on-ones. While I try to reply to one-on-ones in order of owed, my Muse can be moody about what she gives me inspiration for when, so please, don't be offended if I happen to reply to something else over our RP.

A Storm is Brewing

Available Role: the person Nim meets and sets off with to find the source of the storm. Gender and societal/work status is up to you.

Content: Probably light between the two characters. But with the possibility of bringing in some NC stuff depending on what kind of bad guys they run into. But not necessarily sexual NC (though it is possible).

Distention: In the kingdom of Tabetha a dark cloud is growing and looming overhead. Nobody knows where this dark storm originated, only that it grows stronger by the day. Many (including the King) believe that it is a precursor to great trouble to come.

Meanwhile, a traveling woman by the name of Nimrodel Lamori has come to Tabetha. While she usually just passes through countries she comes across, the dark cloud has gotten her attention. Mainly because she has a very unique ability, she can manipulate the weather. It is an ability she was born with. She soon figures out that she has no power to manipulate the storm cloud, which leads her to confirm that is not of nature.

Nim soon meets a young citizen of the kingdom. Together, they set out to find out what the storm cloud really is and where it comes from...

Bits and Mentions

These are genres, species, or universes that I might be interested in. Some I'll even embed links to a picture into. Keep in mind though that if I mention a book, anime or movie, I'm usually not going to be interested in playing cannon character (though sometimes I'll make an exception if the plot is good), I usually want OCs in the cannon universe. While on the other hand, sometimes I like to play original versions of cannon characters (such as the Cheshire Cat). Also please don't contact me about something unless you know the cannon version. If it's been awhile since you've read/watched or you didn't read/watch the whole thing, that's okay. But please, have some knowledge of it.

Original Fantasy Settings

Original Science Fiction Settings

Original Comic Book/Hero/Villain Settings

Original Fairy-tale Settings

Robyn Hood

Merlin/King Arthur Settings

Lord of the Rings

James Bond

Doctor Who

Farscap

Firefly

Sword of Truth/Legend of the Seeker

Alice in Wonderland

Cannon Fairy-tales (not the Disney versions! The originals are pretty twisted in their own right and I like to use them as the base)

Warriors (only with Neko-jins or furries instead of actual cats)

His Dark Materials/The Golden Compass

Unicorns of Balinor

Sherlock Holmes

Deadman Wonderland

Full Metal Alchemist

Acchi Kocchi (if I could get somebody to GM or help me GM a group based upon this anime, it would be great since that's what I really want)

Catwoman x Batman

X-men

Supernatural/Magical Humans

Vampires

Fairies

Angels

Demons

Elves

Werecreatures

Anthros (specifically Neko-jin types, though they don't have to be only cats)
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

MagicalPen

I'd be interested in the Thief Role for the first idea.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

wolventears

I would love to play either of these with you if you havent already found someone for them. :)
In fear, I ran this way and that, the tastes of blood and chocolate in my mouth.

My yes please and not so much. ;)
And if you'd ever like to know why I was away for awhile

azzmeister89

neko winter sounds like an interesting story, i'll give it a go if you'll have me

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Visna

Lord of the Rings + Lesbian = ???

Definitely a combo I've always wanted to try. Let me know if you're up to hear and hammer out some ideas.