Game-On! (Renewed Interest)

Started by OHWceta, April 11, 2013, 11:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

Update!!!!
Female Lead Needed!!!
RP has begun, new characters (Female only currently) are welcome, the action hasn't started yet so newcomers haven't missed anything yet.

I did the RP before but computer crashed and I had to reboot the RP.
For those of you new to the story and weren't part of the original. Im going off a similar concept to "Wreck it Ralph" using videogames, but of course being more adult oriented content-wise. Also instead of an arcade, the characters will live inside a videogame system (unnamed brand, as to include cross-overs of games which may be console exclusive). I'd prefer to use parody names for games based off real games instead of the actual game itself (exceptions being Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, and most of the older classics)

World:
Official World Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=172232.msg8115045#msg8115045   (Largely Incomplete)
Here are some current ideas for worlds. I'd like to expand on this list using suggestions from you guys: Some of the suggestions were from the last RP, I'll edit the list depending on who rejoins and who has left the RP
----
Fantasy World (like earlier Final Fantasy games where the team consists of classes like Mage, Warrior, Ect.)
Kiddy game world (open to suggestions, this would be similar to "Sugar Rush" in WiR, though it doesn't HAVE to be a racing game, unless you guys want)
Mass Impact (Mass Effect)
High Plains Drifter (Red Dead Redemption)
Soul Savior (Soul Calibur)
Post-apocalyptic world
King of the Ring (Street Fighter)
Pitch Black (The Darkness)
Yokaimon (Pokemon)

Characters:
Approved Character Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=171923.msg8095100#msg8095100

Character Template:
Name:
Appearance: (Detailed description, pictures optional)
Relationship Status: (Single, Divorced, Widowed, ect. As well as "Open to relationships, not interested in relationships, ect.)
Orientation: (Streight, Gay, Bi, ect.)
Role: (Sci-Fi shooter, Race car driver, Fantasy Mage, ect.)
Affiliation: (Hero, Bad-Anon, League of Shadows)*
World: Fake Game name for RP (Real game based on.)
Bio: Character's history involving in-game and console (out-of-game) life.

*Bad-Anon are villains in-game who behave as good guys out-of-game. League of Shadows are villains outside their game but can be any role inside their game.

Roles Filled:
Role - Game - Character - User
Heroes

Male Lead (Button Masher) - Destiny Warriors - Ceta - (Me)
Kiddie Character - Dashboard Avatar - May - (Me)
Cowboy - High Plains Drifter - James Copper - Major Major
Fighting Game Character - King of the Ring - Kenji Mura - Tenshinhan
Creature Trainer - Yokaimon - Crimson - apygoos
Powerful Psychic - Yokaimon - M-2 - (Me)

Villains
Weapons Fighting Game - Soul Savior - Oblivion
Dark Manipulator - Pitch Black - James Crowley
Vile Dictator - Destiny Warriors - Hades Kephler
Obsessed Schemer - Mass Impact: Black Ops - Mr. Elusive
Vengeful Ex-Girlfriend - Smash Brothers: All Out Mayhem - Maria Marina
Puppet Plotter - TBA - Pauline
Mute Brute - Mass Impact: Black-Ops - Agent M
Yokaimon Thieves - Yokaimon - Team Jett

Neutral NPCs
Chuck Norris of Gaming - Pitfall - Pitfall Harry
Repentant Sinner - Fatal Fantasy III-VI- Seraph
Rival Yokaimon Trainer - Yokaimon - Cobalt
Doubtful Enemy - Mass Impact: Black-Ops - David W. Franklin
Yokaimon Thief - Yokaimon - Jessica
Yokaimon Thief - Yokaimon - Jamie

Sexual Orientation will be color coded so players can plan out possible romance options through the RP.
Straight Male
Straight Female
Bi-Sexual
Bi-Curious Male
Bi-Curious Female
Gay
Lesbian
Not Open to any relationships.

Roles Needed:
Lead Female
Undead Girl
Fantasy Character
Sci-Fi Shooter
Character who's game was recently canceled. Trying to avoid deletion.
(Additional Roles are welcome as long as characters are unique)
----

One idea I was toying with was having the female lead being reprogrammed split from the Male Lead and trying to find her way back to becoming her original form, as well as finding her lost lover (the Male Lead) who will be a surprise reveal later in the plot.

OOC Thread: ALL off-topic conversations and anything game-related will now move to the OOC Thread, the interest check is now officially for newcomers to submit ideas for approval to join ONLY.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173343.0

The Official RP Thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173345.0
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

apygoos

I could bring Crimson and the world of Yokaimon back around for the reboot. That's a massive world that people can use other protagonist/rivals form the other games and whatnot even possibly.
if anyone needs a briefing on how Yokaimon is different form its real world counterpart, Pokemon, i can give a run down.

OHWceta

Yeah, I was hoping you'd say that. I got a lot of Yokaimon integrated into my plot.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

apygoos

well with Yokaimon, from the original games we have Crimson (Red) who was being played by me. Cobalt (Blue) was the rival trainer which was an NPC.

Yokaimon is a world where creatures who are manifestations of spirit energy run wild. each Yokaimon tamer is a sorcerer who is powerful enough to tame these creatures using their own power and some sort of containment device, be it a talisman, a seal, some sort of mystical object(s). Master Oakmage [professor Oak] uses a staff for instance. there are a few fabled young tamers who are so powerful however, that they can tame these spirit creatures  and house their power in their own body, causing the creatures to appear to manifest out of their own aura's. Crimson(Red), Gallant(gold), Sapphire (May), Pearl (Dawn), Ivory (Hilbert, B/W(, and Jet (Nate, B/W2) are some of these powerful young sorcerers that come from all over the Yokaimon based world. The regions are still called the same because they are real regions in Japan/USA [Unova/Isshu as they call it in japan is New York].

Carlissa

I have an idea for a game that's similar to the Mega Man universe.

Power Cell

The world of Power Cell takes place in the year 199 A.F. (which stands for "After Fusion", or when humans first successively bonded with robotics), where humans live in a futuristic world filled with technology and robots. In the year 0 A.F., a scientist named Dr. Wheelio, who was an expert in robotics and apprentice to the acclaimed Dr. Toriyama (Who invented the Power Cell), created the first human/robot fusion, which were named "Cellbots". Cellbots were cyborg-like beings that had biological technology integrated into their human bodies and ran on Power Cells, which were technological energy sources with mysterious powers. Dr. Flapp was critically praised for his discovery of the Cellbots, which sparked both anger and jealousy in Dr. Flapp's colleague and fellow student of Dr. Toriyama, Dr. Jero. Dr. Jero, using illegal and inhumane methods, created the beings called "Droids", which were powerful robots that ran on Power Cells, and possessed similar traits to humans (although were not genetic, like Cellbots). Using the power of the Droids, Dr. Jero plotted to take over the world by finding the original Power Cell made by his master in order to gain ultimate power. The only ones standing in his way are Dr. Wheelio and the Cellbots. The two sides have been at war for almost 100 years before Dr. Jero and his Droids were defeated, and had seemingly disappeared from existence... Until they reemerged in year 198 A.F. Now the Cellbots and Droids are at war once again, with both sides searching for the original Power Core.

Unlike some cyborgs you see in fiction that are just humans with cybernetic parts, Cellbots have biological mechanical parts that grant them a variety of powers, such as retractable arm guns, boosters, and control over a certain element. These powers are very primitive and weak in their natural state, but can be upgraded using external upgrades. Cellbots retain most of the basic functions a regular human being has; they eat, sleep, go to the bathroom, and reproduce just like a human, but many of these features can be modified or removed entirely via upgrades. The most noticeable ability a Cellbot possesses is their ability to absorb Power Cells, which are objects of pure power that reside in every Cellbot and Droid. These Power Cells are the main means of upgrading a Cellbot. Power Cells usually upgrade the existing strength of a Cellbot while adding new powers to the Cellbot that matched the powers where the Power Cell came from. Power Cells do not alter the human characteristics of a Cellbot however (like eating and reproducing).

In the actual game, the player plays a nameless (The player gets to name the robot, but the default name is "Rock"), non-upgraded Cellbot (Representing Megaman) under the command of Dr. Wheelio (Representing Dr. Light) and progresses through many levels similar to the Mega Man games (Specifically Mega Man X), fighting a boss at the end of each level (Which is a Droid). When the nameless Cellbot beats a boss, he absorbs their Power Cell, gaining their powers. At the end of the game the player faces Dr. Jero (Representing Dr. Wily) controlling a giant mech. Throughout the game the nameless Cellbot meets other Cellbots who give him advice or help him on his quest.

So... is this idea okay for the game?
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

OHWceta

Fantastic idea but I was thinking of megaman being up there with Sonic, Mario, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, and Pitfall Harry as being legendary enough to retain their game titles.

like how Sonic was in WiR while Heroes Duty was not a real game but based off a few.

Rules on this basically go for iconic characters from older games. I do have Cloud and Tifa making a few cameos but that's about as new as it gets for icons. Anything newer than SNES era is free game.

if you're heart is set on something Megaman-ish  remember Megaman did have a few hundred spin-offs.(X, Zero, Legends, NT Warrior)

Carlissa

I see. I guess I misunderstood your post a little.

What about Captain Falcon? He's a pretty big video game star himself, but there's a game that takes off of his main series game.

I'm not trying to argue that my game should exist or anything like that, but I'm just wondering.

Quote from: OHWceta on April 11, 2013, 05:32:16 PMif you're heart is set on something Megaman-ish  remember Megaman did have a few hundred spin-offs.(X, Zero, Legends, NT Warrior)

In all honesty, I've never actually played a Megaman game. I just didn't see an alternate version of the game in the first post, so I thought I would try to contribute to the game list to make it more diverse.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

apygoos

lol wtf. ignore the lines in my post, as well as colors, my side notes apparently made my post wonky XD

Major Major

Jimmy Boy's ready to rock and roll again.

OHWceta

You didn't happen to bring a few females with you?

This time we need to make sure all our chicks aren't just into chicks.

apygoos

hahahahaha, ill ask a few ladies for ya oh

OHWceta

Aside from Karma who was paired with MzHyde and CurvyKitten who was paired with Tenshinhan but absent for most of the initial run. I think I ended up having to fill in for our female cast.

Most importantly I need a female lead.

I'd like to have an undead character role too.

Oldknight

I will at least drop kenji back into the remake

OHWceta

I'll be posting a role chart Sun. once I find out who's all in and what we still need filled.

zergmuncher

I would be really interested if old Samus, or old Link were able to be played.

OHWceta

Link is allowed. it's tough to say on Samus though.
the line between who is big enough to be legendary and who will be OC based is incredibly blurry. As we mentioned earlier with F-ZERO.

I'm leaning towards a preference of OCs as main characters though with characters like Mario and and Sonic_only making cameos as NPCs.

OHWceta

I've added a role chart so you guys can see what roles need filling and what's taken.

I've scratched the characters from people who I haven't gotten replies from but if any old members wish to return but have their names scratched from the list I'll gladly add them back on the roster.

Ember Star

I think I'm making a character for this. I just don't know what yet.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

OHWceta

Awsome! welcome aboard.

if the role list helps, feel free to give it a look. I offered a few suggestions.

Ember Star

is the kiddie world established? I'm most interested in doing some with that, or something cutesy. My second Choice would be the final fantasy type.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

OHWceta

I haven't established that yet. Though I'm trying to be careful with a kiddy game in an adult rp since there are rules against underage "situations".

But if you have ideas  I,d love to hear them.

for the fantasy I've only established the villain of titles III-VI as Canon to the plot I'm working on.

Ember Star

all you have to do with that is make sure the characters are physically and mentally 16+, you can still play a perky hyper character and not have him/her be underaged

I was actually thinking something along the same lines as Sugar Rush. Doesn't have to be racing. But the idea of a candyland makes me happy.

if I did the fantasy one it would probably be Refia from FF3 as a thief.

I also have another idea floating around. Not sure how this could work. But I like the idea of playing a none cannon Kingdom Hearts character, specifically one from Dream Drop Distance with a couple of Dream Eaters

Also thinking about something along the lines of Harvest Moon or Animal Crossings

OHWceta

The Candyland idea or FF one would probably fit best.
I think with Harvest Moon it'd be tough to have a character who,s suited for fighting villains.

I'll admit that while I like Kingdom Hearts I have a grudge against any of the  (3)DS releases. The other problem is that it's a crossover game itself so you,d have a crossover game within a crossover  RP and that could really get  confusing.

Ember Star

you've obviously never heard of "Rune Factory: a Fantasy Harvest Moon" it has dungeons and weapons with monsters and stuffs along with the farming aspect. Plus in all the HM games you can hit people/animals with your tools. LOL. But still, anything along those lines would be tricky to pull off.  Just the whole aspect of the speed of the game and farming. I just love HM, LOL.

Awe, what you've got against 3DS games? I love them, except for the price. Plus DDD is an awesomely fun game. As for the game within a game. I actually thinking she could be the rogue one that doesn't have a game so not to deal with that. Although I've played through it twice, so I know the world well. Final Fantasy III I also know really well. Two of my favorite RPGs there.

Ultimately though, I'm still leaning towards the candyland. Just let me know if you want something different than Sugar Rush.

OHWceta

I dunno, I was never big on portable systems. And the 3DS just seems like trying to sell a whole new thing on the sake of one gimmick.

Well, aside from being OC based. I didnt have any specific preferences for it.