Judge Sues Cleaner for $65 million over pants

Started by King_Furby, May 03, 2007, 03:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Furby

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/judge-sues-cleaner-for-65-million-over/20070503071409990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

This article is funny, i mean to sure someone over pants..is stupid.

the cleaners offered $3,000, then $4,600, then $12,000. But Pearson wasn't satisfied and expanded his calculations beyond one pair of pants. (i mean OMG they offered him 12k he should have taken it.)

But the bulk of the $65 million comes from Pearson's strict interpretation of D.C.'s consumer protection law, which fines violators $1,500 per violation, per day. According to court papers, Pearson added up 12 violations over 1,200 days, and then multiplied that by three defendants.

Because Pearson no longer wanted to use his neighborhood dry cleaner, part of his lawsuit calls for $15,000 -- the price to rent a car every weekend for 10 years to go to another business.

Thats the bulk of his argument and is crazy don't you agree.

His interpretation is wacko, he did not suffer any loss due to the pants. No judge should act in such a way as to try to ruin the lives of some simple cleaners..what happend to a judges oath to serve the people?

Lilac

Furby, please don't make statements that could be construed as threats.  Thank you.

King_Furby

If i told everyone i would furby hump them...would that be a threat?

Brittlby

... I'd be scared. >_>;;; Furby's have always scared the heck out of me. It's those twitchy little eyes.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

King_Furby

Don't forget they purr when you rub them. Rub my belly or i will stare are you with my twitcy furby eyes all day long.

Brittlby

>_> Alright... but if I get any furby goo on my dress, I'll sue! I got PRECIDENT on my side!
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues

O/O

Elvi

This would be funny if it wasn't for the fact that this man has almost destroyed a family's life .
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Brittlby

AND this man is a judge. That horrifies me more then any other aspect of this. Honestly, I hope this press coverage comes back to haunt him, because it seems by and large now as if he's being unreasonable and bullying these poor people.

He's not interested in a fair settlement or even a ridiculously unfair settlement. $12,000 is a ridiculous amount of money for his "pain and suffering" with change left over to buy a new pair. The fact he's willing to bankrupt this family because he was mildly inconvenienced is petty and pathetic.

O/O

King_Furby

He is picking on the poor people, a judge takes an oath don't they? He is also runing his own carear by this. He looks like a fool to his peers and the more he presses this the more foolish he looks.

The pants were just $100 bucks..ok so something happened so what. He makes enough money as a judge to cover that..pocket change.

This judge is picking on the cleaners..the judge might even lose his job.

schnookums

You know what needs to happen? Some posting, some public announcement need to let everyone know what this judge did. Until he abjectly apologizes for what basically amounts to an egomaniacal temper tantrum, every person who has any business with this man needs to know what he did. I have confidence that he won't win the case (beyond any real damages caused him.) but this man needs to be humiliated. To be shown to the world at large what an utter ass he is.

Jefepato

One wonders what his "previous disagreements" with them were.  He must be trying to take revenge for those.