Arcades: does anyone still visit them?

Started by Leonis, November 19, 2009, 12:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satnslillgrl

Quote from: Darkcide on November 21, 2009, 12:05:45 PM
I went to Gameworks a few weeks ago. There's that, Dave & Busters and a few more places around here.

OOH! Dave & Busters! I forgot about that one! I went there once. It was pretty cool. Kind of expensive, but that might have just been because it was a birthday party.
Believe me, believe me. I can't tell you why.
But I'm trapped by your love and I'm chained to your side.
O/OA/A  UPDATED 1/3 <<--READ ME!!

Drake Valentine

I haven't been to an arcade in four or so years...

Though I do miss the House of the Dead and the.. what was that other shooter game? Time Stoppers? I think? With the two cops and it had the foot pedal option to go out of cover and shoot before you go back into cover by releasing it? Good times.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

consortium11

Quote from: SatanslillGirl on November 21, 2009, 01:24:31 PM
OOH! Dave & Busters! I forgot about that one! I went there once. It was pretty cool. Kind of expensive, but that might have just been because it was a birthday party.

I just googled them and they sound pretty awesome... pretty different to the normal nights out you seem to get over here...

Quote from: Drake Valentine on November 21, 2009, 08:40:25 PM
I haven't been to an arcade in four or so years...

Though I do miss the House of the Dead and the.. what was that other shooter game? Time Stoppers? I think? With the two cops and it had the foot pedal option to go out of cover and shoot before you go back into cover by releasing it? Good times.

Time Crisis?

Drake Valentine

Yes, it was Time Crisis, I knew I was somewhat closed on the name, haven't played it in forever..

I think they made it for PS2 console as well, but.. It just isn't the same, I mean, without the foot pedal it just doesn't have that arcade feel to it. Just like House of Dead don't have arcade feel to it on the Wii. Meh. ;\

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Chris Brady

They still exist outside of movie theaters and Japan?  Wow.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Leonis

Ahh...I once played through Time Crises 2 and 3 from beginning to end with my brother. We spent $20 altogether on each game, I think.