News:

Main Menu

am I the only one?

Started by FluidOne, November 29, 2014, 12:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FluidOne

am I the only one that DESPERATELY wants to see arachnids drawn in human forms and portrayed with the arachnid's individual personalities? for example, a tiny jumping spider would be an adorable little person, an orb weaver would be an artist, a solofugid would be a yandere, and a scorpion would be a shy girl that lashes out when scared.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: TerminallyCapricious on November 29, 2014, 12:30:17 AM
am I the only one that DESPERATELY wants to see arachnids drawn in human forms and portrayed with the arachnid's individual personalities? for example, a tiny jumping spider would be an adorable little person, an orb weaver would be an artist, a solofugid would be a yandere, and a scorpion would be a shy girl that lashes out when scared.

that's actually not a bad idea.

FluidOne

Lustful Bride

Quote from: TerminallyCapricious on November 29, 2014, 12:39:05 AM
I know right? :D

I've seen this done with just about everything else, ponies, cars, ships, countries.

And ive even seen ponies turned to spiders.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

But not bugs turned t adorable anime girls. We might honestly have something new here.

FluidOne

I think it would take someone that likes arachnids enough to recognize their personalities.

Oniya

And someone that can draw well.  (I totally agree with the jumping spider characterization.  Not many invertebrates can make me squee, but those do.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

FluidOne

The moment I wake up tomorrow, I'm going to begin drawing and if I do them well, I will begin posting them on E

Beorning

Interesting idea :)

Some time ago, I had a similar idea: a superhero story where all major characters would be based on some animal. The hero was the Black Rat, a martial artist. One of his villains would be an stealthy, acrobatic industrial saboteur inspired by a chinchilla. There would be a police detective character with a personality based on cats. And so on...

Anyway, good luck with the drawings :)

Inkidu

Quote from: Lustful Bride on November 29, 2014, 12:36:17 AM

that's actually not a bad idea.
+1 Literally my exact reaction.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

FluidOne

Now it is time to begin drawing! which should I start with?

Lustful Bride

how about that one spider that plays the drums?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

In spoiler for those who are arachnophobic.

FluidOne

Lustful Bride

FluidOne

Now I have to decide what to do next

Jag

Nephila Clavata has always been my favorite spider species. It's part of the golden orb-web spider group, also known as the Joro Spider and Queen of the Arachnids for the folklore around it (Jorogumo, the Japanese spider woman). I think they are so beautiful. I suppose they already have humanoid drawings of them though from the folklores.

Peacock Spiders are adorable. They raise this colored part of their body and dance. They are super tiny too.

Peacock Spider

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

FluidOne

I'll likely be doing a solofugid next.

Jag

I had a spider demoness who had a solifugid as a pet. She went into great detail tearing someone apart for calling it a spider (cause all spiders are arachnids, but not all arachnids are spiders). It was a cute scene. ^^

FluidOne

I already knew that, hence saying "I want to see ARACHNIDS as humans" not "Spiders"

Lustful Bride

I could totally see that Peacock Spider as a type of flamenco dancer maybe.

FluidOne

Quote from: Lustful Bride on November 29, 2014, 03:24:13 PM
I could totally see that spider as a type of flamenco dancer maybe.
as could I.

Jag

I wonder if a Daddy Long Leg would be a super tall person. :P

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Jagerin on November 29, 2014, 03:25:53 PM
I wonder if a Daddy Long Leg would be a super tall person. :P

He might be the slender man of this human-arachnid world.  :P

FluidOne

Inkidu

Quote from: Lustful Bride on November 29, 2014, 03:27:13 PM
He might be the slender man of this human-arachnid world.  :P
That'd work seeing as Daddy Long Legs aren't spiders. :3
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.