News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Young Justice [Reboot]-recruitment thread

Started by apygoos, February 07, 2013, 09:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurvyKitten

Glomps Rainbow~ YAAY..hehe I'd love to work out our OC here. :) and get our rp on together.

zenpai

so do i need to change anything with my app or am i good to go.
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

apygoos

the power to stop ANYTHING near instantly is pretty over powered. Its like an OC I met on another comic board that was called Kami, who had molecular control of kinetics,  What if you changed the power to telekinesis? It could work simmilarly.

RainbowRian

Eh, Nah I think I will pass on it because she only has two powers.  But no big deal thanks for pondering the idea though and happy posting :)

apygoos

okay, very well, sorry, but that power seems..to have nearly no limits. any power that can be described down to the molecular level is pretty damn powerful. It's nothing against your concept, but I'm trying to make sure theres no, one button fix

RainbowRian

Okie Doke. Im slightly confused but it happens often :D

apygoos

BlackestKnight

Less is definitely more with a roleplay like this one. I don't think YJ was meant to be on the same level power-wise as Justice League or The Avengers.
The problem with overpowered characters is that it's hard to write convincingly threatening villains for characters like this without coming across as plot induced stupid,  the idea is that you want to compliment the team, I like Michael Jordan I just don't want a team of them.  Even blue beetle who is arguably the teams powerhouse, is barely stronger than many of the villains that the team face so he has to rely and co-operate with the team and vice versa.  A big part of YJ is the team compensating for whatever individual weaknes with superior teamwork/co-ordination.  That's how they won all their battles pretty much.  I personally think a green lantern and someone who can manipulate molecules is too much . There's a reason why they don't have a green lantern currently in the cast.

apygoos

yes but a GL in training is not nearly as powerful as say, Hal Jordan, and is far more vulnerable than someone who can outright something in motion.

RainbowRian

The one button fix portion of your statement.  But its really fine, its not good for a minimum power base game like young justice league.

BlackestKnight

Quote from: apygoos on February 20, 2013, 10:29:32 PM
yes but a GL in training is not nearly as powerful as say, Hal Jordan, and is far more vulnerable than someone who can outright something in motion.

How about this, how about he starts with only some of the rings powers and as the game progress, hell grow into the role learning more and more ways to use his ring. This is sensible, but he can't start with all those powers and barely any weaknesses. He needs a real weakness too. Like weak to magic.

Jmorty33

Quote from: apygoos on February 20, 2013, 10:29:32 PM

Which is why they should have written in Kyle to the show! It would have been perfect!
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

apygoos

Quote from: BlackestKnight on February 20, 2013, 10:38:48 PM
How about this, how about he starts with only some of the rings powers and as the game progress, hell grow into the role learning more and more ways to use his ring. This is sensible, but he can't start with all those powers and barely any weaknesses. He needs a real weakness too. Like weak to magic.
thats what i had in mind. His will power isn't as strong as the likes of Hal, John, or even, as much as i hate to say it, Guy.

zenpai

Quote from: BlackestKnight on February 20, 2013, 10:38:48 PM
this is why i wantted to be a red lantern.  i put all the weakess from the DC comics wiki. other then other lantern, lantern dont have alot of weakness.

this may sound funny but i cut out a lot of the green lantern power to begain with lol

Sorry to disrupt your flow. I will bow out. I have no intenion on makeing my Oc any weaker then he is already. best wishes
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

apygoos

if any were intersted, the cannon characters Artemis and Wonder Girl are available as their players have bowed out from those characters.

Ex68471

Erm, apygoos?

I posted my character, but never received a positive or negative... Well, anything, really.  ;D
Experiments 68469, 68470, and 68472 were perfect successes.
I am Experiment 68471, the catastrophic failure!

My Ons and Offs. Still a work in progress!

Attention: Everybody
I have horribly unreliable Internet. If I am on and suddenly am not, that is the most likely reason. Sorry! :D

apygoos

sorry! spark is approved, i think the red lantern  app kinds swallowed attention

Ex68471

It's cool. Lanterns tend to do that.

Bunch of showboats, I tell ya!

Anyways, should I go ahead and find a way to introduce him to the IC thread?
Experiments 68469, 68470, and 68472 were perfect successes.
I am Experiment 68471, the catastrophic failure!

My Ons and Offs. Still a work in progress!

Attention: Everybody
I have horribly unreliable Internet. If I am on and suddenly am not, that is the most likely reason. Sorry! :D

apygoos

before everyone vanishes from that area id say so