Hero Inc. (MnM3e)

Started by ShadowFox89, September 30, 2012, 12:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Alright, I dunno why I do this.. but...

The Pitch: Hero Inc is a simple idea. Players are part of a group of small time supers that have decided to team up. They sell their services for a slight fee, to anyone who is willing to pay. Think of it like Leverage or the A-Team meets Justice League. Or Anti-Hero for hire if you've read that.

For now, I'm interested in hearing about character concepts. I'm not sure how many players I'll be taking, probably at most five. Characters are going to be low power level, around 6-7.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

Hm... 

Pulse reborn at a more manageable pace?  Or a girl? 

Any sort of erotic content desirable? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

PhantomPistoleer

I'm interested, it it's at least a PL8 game.  I'm not really interested in playing anything below that.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Foxy DeVille

I'm interestested regardless. My idea in a nutshell...

Jessie Jane Hanson was a small town girl from Texas. Not one for book learnin,' she dropped out of high school and eventually became a stripper. One night while driving home from work with a few too many beers in her, Jessie Jane crashed into the drainage ditch of a chemical plant. After a few hours, she came to and discovered she didn't have a scratch on her. In fact, her body was now much tougher than normal ad highly flexible as well. Jessie Jane decided to put her new abilities to a use more exciting than taking her clothes off and became a bounty hunter, calling herself the Lariat. Eventually she built enough of a rep to get an invite to join Hero Inc.

AribethAmkiir

Interested, though not familiar with the system.    :-\

Character Concept: Talia Fonseca is your typical extreme sports fanatic.  She was on the fast track to the Olympics and planned on competing in three entirely different events.  An sport's injury sidelined her for a year and during her recovery it was discovered that she had the ability of "hyperkinesis", which allows Talia to perform amazing athletic feats of timing, superhuman reflexes, and have perfect accuracy with firearms or thrown objects.  She can, for example, perfectly predict trajectory by eyesight alone.  Despite the fact that she couldn't always perform these feats under stress, the Olympic committee decided it was an unfair advantage and she was banned from the games.  Cocky, headstrong, and a chip on her shoulders Talia decided to use her ability for her own benefit and has since worked as a hero for hire.

ShadowFox89

If you have AIM, I find it is easier to explain a system to someone over real time rather than a forum. Best bet otherwise is to go to the official forums and ask around. They are super helpful over there and a lot will jump at helping you build a character.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheVillain

PL 8 is on the lowside for this system. A PL 6 is usually someone like a non-powered Navy Seal. Badass, but not really in line with your pitch.

Character Concept- Lord Reginald Mycroft honestly has no idea where his powers came from and honestly doesn't care. One of the idea rich and technically in line for the English Throne (if so far down the list he doesn't see it happening anytime soon). All he knows is that since puberty he's had electricity themed powers, he thinks he's some kind of mutant. Which is just fine with him honestly, a sort of idle rich philanthropist who decided to take the work to the next level when he acknowledged his powers.

Now he does know the rough basics of his conception, that his mother was an archaeologist in her youth who had a tryst with a guide while on a dig in Greece. What neither mother or son realize is that he's not actually a mutant as his powers are mystical in nature- that guide was Zeus in disguise and Reginald is yet another of Zeus's bastard demigods. The fact that Reginald's demigod status is taking after Zeus's status as the God of Lightning and as such looks almost identical to what a normal electricity using metahuman would look like is at present a coincidence, though that may change if he discovers the truth.

My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

PuckThePlayful

Michael Mason was just a normal guy before the incident. He worked, payed taxes, he even helped the little old lady across the street with her lawn work during the summer. His simple life was a good one, and he was happy. Unfortunately he didn't live in the best of neighborhoods. He was jogging home early one grey morning, when a group of local thugs fell in behind him. Picking up his pace, he ran for as long as he could.

Finding himself out of breath on Carson's bridge overlooking the river, he backed away from the group so intent on catching him. "Give us your money and keys," they said, "and you won't be hurt." Michael put up a short lived fight, and one of the punks stabbed him in the side during the struggle. Grabbing his keys, wallet, and phone, the group rolled him over the railing into the river.

Bleeding out, Michael floated down river, finding himself nearing the docks, and the ChemTech R&D plant. They were dumping in the water, but he wasn't conscious of it. Darkness clouded his mind as his blood mixed with the river water and dumped chemicals, which he later found out were tied to the development of an experimental morphic steel.

He was lucky enough to wash ashore about a mile out of town, among trees and away from the road. This was quite the break because parts of his body where changing, shifting from flesh and blood to metal, and back. With time, and concentration, he found he could transform his entire body into a silvery living steel. This gave him incredible strength and neigh invulnerability. It took some days out in the wild before Michael had gained control of the shifting process, and felt he could return to civilization.

After dealing with the thugs that accosted him, and nearly cost him his life, Michael quit his job and abandoned his old life. Taking the name Chromium, he decided to try the mercenary route. After a few jobs for some rather distasteful men, he realized he just couldn't do this kind of dirty work. He found Hero Inc, and offered his strength to their team, hoping for a better way to earn money adventuring.
"If we shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumbered here
While these visions did appear."

—The opening of Puck's epilogue.

Caitlin

Are these power levels based on the strength scale of Marvel comics?

Quote1 Below Normal: cannot lift one's own body weight
2 Normal: able to lift one's own body weight
3 Athlete: able to lift one's own body weight up to double one's own body weight
4 Peak Human: able to lift double one's own body weight up to the 800lb level
5 Superhuman: 800+ lbs to 2 ton range
6 Superhuman: 2+ tons to 10 ton range
7 Superhuman: 10+ tons to 25 ton range
8 Superhuman: 25+ tons to 50 ton range
9 Superhuman: 50+ tons to 75 ton range
10 Superhuman: 75+ tons to 90 ton range
11 Superhuman: 90+ tons to 100 ton range
12 Superhuman: Potentially incalculable, able to lift in excess of 100 tons
13 Undefined: Possessing some degree of superhuman strength, though the current and exact extent of physical strength is not as clearly defined

Callie Del Noire

Emerald Dante

Background: Emerald grew up as a the 'girl next door' in a small down in New Mexico. Her mom raised her own her own, and ran the local cafe. She mentioned that she had met Emerald's father in Vegas one wild weekend but he had been killed in car accident  before things had gone too far.
It was only after her one act of rebellion to sneak away with a handful of friends to a weekend in Vegas at a school debate conferance. After one strange encounter at a club, she and her friends were hurried home by her mother who had come to get her. She heard a long sordid story of her father, a man who had literally enchanted her mother. It hadn't been a weekend fling but a two year affair as he had enchanted her and kept her enthralled over months to feel off her mystic potential to feed his own. Only when other members of his 'family' turned against him was she able to escape. Her father was a human/demonic halfbreed called a Cambion and she most likely carried something of his power and heritage.
Two days later her 'cousins' found her. The small town of Wallace, New Mexico didn't survive the encounter. She came out of it as the sole survivor, and aware of her power. She was a 'changeling' with the mystic power that her mother had lost and the physical form of father.

Powers: She has massive potential as a mage, though most of it is currently focused on illusions (to hide her demonic form) and offensive magics and the some of the physical power of her father's kin. (Physical resistance and some low level regeneration)

ShadowFox89

@Caitlin: Power levels according to the MnM3e Hero's Handbook.

We'll do PL8 then, since that's what a majority prefers.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Caitlin

Ah... No idea what that's about. :-)

Either way, I hope you all have a lot of fun with this game. It sounds interesting, but at the same time it'd also cost me way too much time to catch up on the finer details. ^_^

TheVillain

Oh! Got an idea of a character that feels like it fits this game better, can go either way.

'Samhain'

Background: Well, they say everyone loves a good redemption story.

Harry Carson always loved Halloween when he was a kid. Sure he was a bullied little nerd but Halloween was the one day of the year he could really put his fevered little mind to work with pranks- and actually get rewarded with Candy for it no less. It got better and better as he got older honestly, if the Candy really wasn't the reward for it. An engineer with a flare for the dramatic in his small Nebraska town, it was college when he found the way to bring those two callings together when some frat guys attempted to rape the sweet girl next door and he dedicated his skills toward a little payback.

Officially he's a supervillain, since one of these pranks included robbing a bank as the Halloween themed villain Samhain since one of the frat guys was the manager's son. In his defense he never did get into hurting people like most supervilllains get notorious for. Instead he got sort of folkhero status- sure he'll rob a bank or an armored car, but the money usually shows up somewhere that needs it and the management of the bank in question always is sort of sketchy. That was fun in fact, mild-mannered freelance engineering firm by day and by night a halloween themed supervillain/folk hero bank robber with a flare for the dramatic.

Of course, that couldn't last forever. One of his bank robberies ended up netting evidence of multiple murders by an organized crime boss, Samhain the bank robber now Samhain the $1,000,000 hit for every mob family on the east coast. In the end, he cut a deal with the FBI to hand over the evidence and a lot of bad men got put away- but the bank robbing days were over.

But you don't get a costume and a name like Samhain and keep it laying around. And technically with the deal he cut his debt to society is considered paid. And he is getting a bit low on capital with the Engineering work. . .

Samhain is a normal baseline human with no powers, out of costume he has the physique of someone who gets moderate regular exercise. He does however have MS's in Electrical Engineering, Physics, and Chemistry. He has also built a small arsenal of Halloween-themed weapons and gadgets.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

PhantomPistoleer

I am dropping interest.  I looked over 3E, and it's not for me.  I still prefer 2E.  Thanks!  Sorry!  Good luck!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

TheVillain

Actually, have to say- liking Samhain more and more. Going to go with the Halloween guy. :P

Callie Del Noire

I like Samhain too.. my character is more of a 'marked by darkness' type and he's more of a Robin Hood/Batman with a wicked grin.

ShadowFox89

Sorry guys, I'm not sure that I'll actually be able to run this >.<'
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PuckThePlayful

I'm sorry to hear that. I've been looking forward to trying 3E, as I'm rather familiar with 2E already. Is there any particular reason?

ShadowFox89

Rather full up on games now, I really need to focus on what I'm already running.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PuckThePlayful

Something I'm sure we can all understand, and even empathize with. If you get some free space for another game, and decide to put this team together  let me know.

Callie Del Noire

Sorry to hear that.  Hopefully you'll come back to this if you free thing up.