Shin Megami Tensei Persona: Reboot (ic)

Started by Saikotsu, July 25, 2012, 02:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who149

Kenji gave a confident smirk and led his fellow classmate into the school. "So, as said welcome to Miyagi High. Nothing much happens here." he said as he walked through the door way. They passed the hall to the gym and Kenji gave out a chuckle. "If your interested in a club, I know the track team is looking for new members. Its best runner recently got kicked for beating up some other guy. Its usually open Monday and Friday. Same day as Kendo and Swimming, but I don't know about any of those "

They reached the door to the class and he smiled "And this is where you'll be spending the rest of your year.  The instructor is nice, but she can be..." he paused for a bit and pulled out his cell phone. After a few moments he responds "Odd..Weird...abnorm-abnormal?" He wondered if these were the right words.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Mossberg

Kylar followed Kenji into the school listening to his words. If he said that not much happened here Kylar figured it was either a really quiet town or Kenji just wasn't linked into the more darker side of high schools. There were always drugs, parties or at least fights in school to Kylar's experience. Then again it's a whole different country, he reminded himself. Track team? Kendo and swimming? None of those sounded particularly interesting until he remembered what kendo was. That might be fun. Or at the least a good stress reliever. "I don't think track would be a good one for me. Thank you though. I'll just wait to see what clubs there are before making a decision."

About this time they were just outside the classroom according to Kenji. "Abnormal?" Giving Kenji an odd look he turned his head to the door and wondered how weird she would be. There was only two things that mattered to Kylar right now though and he asked Kenji. "Does she giv out a lot of homework?" Looking in either direction down the hall he made sure there was nobody close enough to hear and he leaned a little closer to Kenji speaking in a low pitch. "Is she hot?" Realizing that he might not know the word the way he would use it Kylar shook his head a little and rephrased his question. "Does she look good?"
"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon

Saikotsu

Quote from: BlackestKnight on August 01, 2012, 04:48:20 PM
     To his surprise, he found a mostly vacant office space which he assumed was the result of classes all ready being in session or close enough to that point. Striding himself to the front desk of the offices receptionist, a finger pressed along the bridge of his frames, readjusting the pair to his face. The receptionist aware of his presence responded."Good morning, how can I help you today?" Having dealt with office people beforehand, he found that a curteous smile often helped  expediate the process. To that he replied " Konnichiwa...There is a matter I need looking into about my block schedule. I will be starting as third year, first name is Amir. A printed outline of my credits is appreciated."
The receptionist smiles, "of course. let me just print you out a copy." Her fingers deftly maneuver across the keyboard as she pulls up the appropriate records. "There you go, it should print out in a moment. I see you are to be staying with councilman Ninamori. Have you had a chance to meet him or his daughter? She's a second year student at this school. "

Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

krakenknight

Megumi smiled unconvincingly.
"It's not that," she said apologetically "I'm just not used to this many people, I'm from a pretty out of the way little town so I've never really been in a crowd before."
She left Chiasa with a wave and entered class 2b hoping not to faint being this close to so many people.
"Do not stand out, be discreet," she thought seeking a seat far away from the rest of the class. The little oyster hiding in her shell.

Saikotsu

Students begin to file into class 2B, quickly taking their seats. A young man with messy brown hair and a wrinkled uniform saunters over to the desk next to Megumi. He walks with a bit of a slouch and his earphones can be heard clearly across the room. As he nears his desk, he nods to megumi and gives here a seemingly half hearted wave. "Yo." The other students look at him disapprovingly but he either doesnt care or doesn't notice. He slumps into his seat and leans back, putting his feet up on the desk. He blows a bubble with the gum he's been chewing, before speaking up, just loud enough for Megumi to hear.  "Relax, it's tough being the new kid, but you'll do fine here. If ya need somethin, just ask me, kay?"

At that moment a man enters the room. He is wearing a typical suit and his black hair is starting to show signs of age. He has a kindly face, and has many laugh lines. "Good mornin, class. I'm Mr. Yamada, your new home room teacher. We've got an assembly this morning, so I'm afraid the introductions will have to be brief. We'll have a chance to get to know one another once its over. Woof!"
The majority of the class looks at him bewildered, and he looks back at them equally bewildered. "Did I say something funny?"
Next to megumi, the young man whispers with a grin, " a stage hypnotist visited our school a few years back. Yamada sensei randomly makes animal noises without realizing it."

Meanwhile, outside of 2C, a woman approaches kenji and kylar. She strikes an interesting first impression because she is dressed much like the students. However, instead of the grey and red adorning the students, she is wearing grey and teal. Knee high boots lead up to a miniskirt which leads up to a sleeveless blouse. One her hands, she is wearing long sleeves that goe up to her elbows, and on the sleeves appear to be fake keyboards. She is also wearing a long, teal tie. Atop her head is a teal wig that has ponytails cascading down to her waist on either side. Apparently, Ms. Watanabe is cosplaying as the virtual pop diva and vocaloid, Hatsune Miku.

"Good morning, you should get to class, we're about to start," she says first in English, then in Japanese. Which makes sense, considering she is the English teacher for second years.
- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

Rayve13

Chiasa returned the wave with one of her own, an eyebrow arched. She couldn't really understand crowds being a problem. Still, everyone's got things to deal with. Still...ah well, no time to worry about it now. She started towards her own classroom, which wasn't much of a walk considering it was right next door. She stopped, though, because the door was blocked by a couple of her new classmates (at least she figured they were, what other reason could they be standing in front of the door?). There was also an older woman wearing a costume. Chiasa shook her head to herself as she walked closer, catching the woman, apparently the teacher's, last statement. Are there no normal teachers anywhere in this town? she thought, but she decided not to say that part out loud. Instead she said, "Yes, we should get to class. Now, if only the door wasn't blocked by a few people, maybe we could start doing just that," in a voice dripping sarcasm.

krakenknight

In 2B Megumi drew her reasonably long legs to her torso and tried to slow her breathing, she was a good student and she was in a classroom, a crowded classroom full of people judging her, calling her names behind her back... No that's not true, she had to calm down.
She jumped when her neighbour mentioned the teacher's quirks she was OK with talking to boys, but the discomfort was noticable in her small oval face.

"Thanks," she said in her softest most demure voice, hoping that her Hokkaido accent wasn't too pronounced in her speech. She tried to smile back but it likely came across as a grimace, before she ducked behind her knees again.
The teacher seemed nice if a little odd, Megumi's last teacher, Mistato Senpai had been the entire faculty of the high school aside from English that had been handled by the Gaijin JET had also been a strange one although with her it was a weird fixation on cows.
" 'm Ayanami" she mumbled studying knee again.

TheHangedOne

Well, as much as he wanted to wait around and help Amir get to class, the boy ended up spending quite some time in that office, and Suo did not feel like being late on his first day. It would be a lot easier for Amir, but for him? It'd be months before people got done ribbing Suo for it.

He went off to class, and managed to get in mere seconds before the bell rung; a close call, to be sure. But, he made it, and in the end, that's what matters. He sees a few other kids from the Kendo club, and gives them small salutes as he makes his way to his seat, and settles down into it.

Having come here so many times before, he was well aware their'd be an assembly today, and he probably could have gotten off just waiting around the assembly hall. But, that just wasn't like him. When it came time for them to get going, Suo would find himself bringing up the rear of the class.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Saikotsu

"Ayaname eh? Nice name. Matsuoka Ritoyu," he says with a cocky grin.

Meanwhile outside 2C, the Watanabe sensei puts on a cheerful smile. "Oh, that's right. Here in Japan, we introduce our exchange students. If you'll be so kind to come in with me, I'll introduce you to the class," she says in English to Kylar. To the rest of the students, she says in Japanese. " please take your seats, it's time for class. You'll have the rest of the year to chat with your friends." And with that she abruptly enters class. After all, it wouldnt do for a teacher to be late to her own class.

As suo leaves for class, Ai enters the office. "Ohaio, good morning" she says to Amir. "I'm Ninamori Ai. Are you Amir?" She asks, slightly apprehensive.
"Speak of the devil, here she is," the receptionist remarks.
- a friend

Rayve13

Chiasa rolls her eyes as she slips in behind the teacher. Oh boy, a scatterbrained idiot who doesn't even bother to acknowledge me. It's like Mom got a teaching license she thinks as she takes her seat in the back, slumping down in the chair and toying with her hair as Watanabe sensei prepared to introduce the exchange student.

Chiidori

Mieko rolled around in her bed, getting wrapped up in her blue silk sheets. She moaned softly with annoyance feeling hot due to her uncomfortable position in her bed, as she laid on her back. Her body covered in small beads of sweat that moistened her skin, as she reached her right arm to her nightstand, eyes still closed as she scrambled to find her glasses. " Mmm..." she sighed, lazily dragging herself from bed, ending her peaceful slumber as she managed to put on her glasses. Getting out of bed seemed to be quite a chore at the moment. After breaking free from the sheets, one foot hit the floor, flowed by another, as she reached her arms up in the air bringing them together stretching as she yawned. "Mieko are you ever going to come downstairs, Breakfast is getting cold and your going to be late.....You stayed up playing that game didn't you come down and grab a bite to eat  then hurry to school. You can't be late you were supposed to leave out with me remember?...*sigh* "You know better....I'm off to work have a good day sweety..." Her father yelled loudly whining while,scolding her a tad as he grabbed his cup of coffee and brief case exiting their home. Mieko had finally gotten her hands on "Legacy of Goettia"  after she finally gathered up the money to purchase it. Her room still dark, the only light being emitted was from her laptop which was open. Realizing she must have logged out even in her zombie like state of sleepiness that took over after 4 hours of gameplay which she managed to reject until her body just crashed. She just shook her head as her father barked at her a bit, hearing the door slam. She sat with her silky brown hair loose around her, with her head tilted down. She let out a sigh, and walked to her laptop closing it as she placed it in her book bag. Today was going to be different, time for playing was over. Mieko felt she had been having a pretty decent break but it was time to get back to business, after all it was the first day of school. She walked to her bathroom and started running hot water, reaching her slinder fingers around the knob of the shower turning it on. Jets of water streamed as steam begain to accumulate. The young female started to undress herself. Running a bit late yet, not seeming to be that alarmed about it. " I don't...really ....want to ...go ...to...school..today...need more sleep......" she mumbled softly her eyes locked on the mirrow as she looked at herself almost in a daydream like state for a moment as she struggled to keep her eyes open. She never had any problem staying late, but it couldn't be helped. Meiko felt exausted to a degree. She soon... brushed her teeth and flossed, used the toilet as steam continued to fog up the bathroom. She finally stepped into the tub, the hot water hitting her soft delicate skin. It made her more alert, knowing she would be at full attention soon. After bathing she hopped out and suddenly got a tad nervous that she was running late, after she glanced at her phone...seeing the time. " Oh, my" she said putting on her school uniform. Scrambling around the room grabbing her pen and notepad, placing her phone in her bookbag. After cleaning up really quick she ran downstairs. Seeing her father made her a plate for breakfast the room smelled like bacon and eggs it made her stomach growl she felt dissapointed that she would have to just leave out starving, Her food was cold and her milk was warm. She took a sip spitting it back into the cup as she frowned her lips up with discust as she put the plate in the fridge , rinsed out the cup and grabbed herself a coffee. Nothing about Mieko's morning was relaxing. She suddenly felt rush, and then deep down she seemed just not to care as much as she normally would. Today just didn't seem exciting and Mieko felt a bit off. She left for school, grabbing her bike putting her coffee in the cup holder after gulping a few big sips, then taking off..racing out of her yard like a bolt of lightning on her way to school.

Saikotsu

The trip to school is rather uneventful for Mieko, though she does spot a few people with apathy syndrome on her route. Unfortunately, they have closed the gate to the school and it locked tight. Standing in front of the gate is a little kid. He appears to be an elementary student. He just stares at the school, seemingly lost in thought.
- a friend

Chiidori

Apathy Syndrome gave Mieko the creeps. On her uneventful rush to school she passed a few who clearly were infected and it caused her to cringe. " Gezz, You think they would help those poor people, ..sad.." She said to herself shaking her head. She continued on her way to school riding her bike with passion, Hoping that if she speed up a bit she might have a chance to make it. Moving as fast as her feet would carry her, worrying that she would be locked out of the school if she didn't speed up even more. As she arrived she swirved her bike as she rounded the path leading to the school gate. Dust popping up wildly below the tires as she slid roughly trying to break almost crashing clumsily into the gate .... she finally came to a abrupt stop by putting her shoes on the ground trying to gain control.

Speaking to soon she yelled out "Made it...! " Cheerfully hopping off, letting the bike fall to the ground. Sweating a tad made her feel gross, catching her breath as she took off her glasses wiping them off with her skirt. Pushing herself to hard to make it, and failing regardless.
No other highschool students or teachers were around. The area quiet,

The school gates shut tight.

Mieko put her glasses on and whined to herself shaking her head. " Ughhhhhhh......! Noooooooo....Nooooooo. Not today, What am I going to do? Not the first day.." Meiko knew that once the gates were locked that was pretty much it, feeling completely disapointed in herself. " What do I do now?...No  way am I going to be able to get in ..." She sighed. Picking her bike up  setting it against the gate.
Then she spotted something out of the ordinary.

A young male stood at the gate, she didn't spot him at first and wondered where he came from. The male looking lost in though. The closest elementary school was almost 5 miles away Meiko felt a bit concerned for him.

" Err......Um...Hello little boy. Are you lost? " The boy just stood at the gate not saying a word. The situation seemed strange. Not everyday you see some kid hanging out at a highschool with no adult around or anything. Meiko tapped him on his shoulder. " Hey, do you hear me?"

Saikotsu

The boy turns and smiles. "Hello.  I'm not lost....though a girl who goes to this school is. I was just thinking about her," he says quietly. He puts his hands in his pockets and looks to be fishing something out of them.  "Fortunately, you're just in time."
- a friend

Saikotsu

Fortunately for Mieko, the boy pulls out the key to the gate and opens it up for her. "Hurry, or you'll be late," he encourages before walking down the road.

The rest of the school day passes without incident. The students get to meet the rest of their classmates and teachers. Not much homework is assigned, a typical first day of school. It wasn't until after school activities that anything...unusual would happen.
------------------------------
After School

The rest of the students file out of the classroom as the school day ends. Ai sits alone for a moment before gathering her stuff. She looks preoccupied as she makes her way to the computer lab used for the Online Gaming club. The club had a rocky start the previous year, but she and Yoshino had convinced the school to fund the club because it encouraged "socializing with others and cooperative spirit. " Ai was the assistant captain of the club, so no one second guessed her as she entered the room.  With the flick of a light switch, the room was illuminated. Ai took her seat at her usual computer and was delighted her old log in credentials still worked.
She pulls up Legacy of Goettia and begins sifting through her messages. Nothing from Yoshino. Big surprise there. But one message catches her interest. One sent moments ago. "I know where your friend is."  She immediately opened the log and replied "where, please tell me?!"
Moments later another message popped up. "Very well, but on one condition. You must agree to carefully consider your choices. You can do anything you want, so long as you're ready to accept the consequences of those actions. Do we have a deal?"
She didn't care, she needed to find Yoshino. "Of course. Just tell me where she is!"
"The doorway has opened. There is no turning back." Suddenly her monitor went blank. Red lines began to form, then swirl around on the blank screen. "Some kind of virus," she asks to no one in particular. Suddenly a black shadowy hand leaps out of the screen and grabs her by the throat.
It begins squeezing hard, choking her. Out of fear and desperation she tries to struggle but can't break free. The arm is followed by another one, and then a black head covered in a mask emerges. If it weren't choking her, she probably would have screamed.  The rest of the shadowy mass exits the computer, still holding her in it's grasp. She lashes out with her foot and manages to connect with the creatures head.  Out of shock or surprise, the shadow lets her go and she desperately attempts to fill her lungs.  The shadow starts approaching her, so she runs to her bag, desperate to find something to defend herself with.  All she can come up with is a yard stick. "I'm warning you, stay back," she rasps, her voice coming out raw. Undeterred, the creature lunges forward, claws reaching out for her.
- a friend

Rayve13

For Chiasa, the day couldn't end soon enough. None of her classmates seemed particularly offensive yet, but it was only the first day, and the teacher more than made up for it. Between the affected voice she used and the general ditziness she exhibited, Chiasa could tell it was going to be a long year as far as homeroom went. At least the exchange student might prove interesting, at least in providing a different perspective.

She wandered towards the door, glad that she didn't have any club meetings or anything to keep her here. Though maybe I should consider it this year, she thought, as long as I can find a club that will piss Mom and Dad off. It'll be funny telling them I'm in a club, like a good girl, and then revealing that it isn't symphonic band or some bullshit like that. She chuckles at the idea for a moment before she hears someone say...something. She doesn't know the voice, since no one would normally sound like that, and she turned towards the room where it seemed to come from. "Everything alright in there?" she called as she walked closer.

krakenknight

Megumi looked around hiding a little inside herself as the day progressed. at lunch she ate her bento alone cowering a little as the moving people scared the teenager a bit. She missed Miki-chan and Kana-chan her classmates from the old days and the old school intimacy.

After school she spotted the girl she'd met this morning and in a desperate attempt to strike out despite her fear she followed. She wanted to talk to her but she seemed busy.

Cmon talk to her, don't be such a moron
No no someone might look at her...

She moved like a ghost hearing the sound that had drawn Chiasa and started to blink curiosity and her desire to speak won out.
"Is something wrong Chiasa-san? she asked.

Saikotsu

Ai raises the yard stick into the air to whack creature, but she knows right off the bat that Relentless Maya are immune to blunt attacks, but she had no idea why she knew that or how she knew what it was called. Distracted by the flood of information she only managed to avoid serious injury, though one of the Maya's claws raked her arm. She let out a small cry of pain despite herself.
"Everything alright in there?"
"Oh no, other students," she hissed. This thing was dangerous, she had to lead it away from everyone else. Perhaps she could trap it on the roof?
"Come on you nasty creature, if you want me so bad, try and catch me," she declared defiantly as she burst through the door. For a brief moment, she caught a quick glimpse of Megumi and Chiasa."get out of here, hurry!" Before they could ask why, the shadow burst out into the corridor, intent on catching its prey. "Yeah thats right,  I'm the one you want!" Ai tore down the hallway, pursued by the creature. At the same time, all three girls felt something within them stirring.
- a friend

Rayve13

Before she made it to the room, Chiasa heard the girl from the morning calling to her. She turned her head to respond when a student burst out of the computer lab, yelling at them both to get out. Before Chiasa could even reply some...thing burst out of the room in hot pursuit of the girl. "What the fuck?!?!?" Chiasa yelled as the shadowy form rushed into the hall, it's mask-face looking back and forth before following after the girl from the computer lab, writhing forward more quickly than Chiasa would have thought possible. Her first thought was to get out of there, and fast. After all, what could she do?

But she found herself moving forward, drawn towards the monstrosity. Her body moved almost of its own accord as she felt a tingling in her brain and her left hand, an unfamiliar word hovering at the edge of her mind. "We...we should help her...." she said to Megumi as she went after the beast.

krakenknight

Megumi was scared, but this was different, she was a rural girl but this was the kind of stuff she was used to.
She nodded her head and started moving to the wall grasping and pulling the fire alarm.
I don't know what is happening, but this is a chance to do something worthwhile she thought,
She put her hand in her pocket and fingered her lucky charm from her home shrine.
"I don't know what that is, but we can't let it hurt her, maybe we can distract it," she said nodding.

Saikotsu

The few students still lingering in the building quickly cleared out as the fire alarm went off. Ai had a moment to catch her breath as the noise startled the shadow.  smart move, pulling the fire alarm she thought to herself. The Relentless Maya managed to gain its bearings after a moment, and it resumed its chase.  Ai was halfway up the stairway to the rooftop by then. She just hoped no students had decided to hang out on the rooftop after school.  More than that, she hoped the door wasn't locked because that would mean the end of the line for her.  With the shadow in hot pursuit, she only had a few moments to get through the doorway and onto the rooftop.  Fortunately, the rooftop was deserted, so she ran out close to the middle of the roof so she could lure it outside. However, she was surprised when it didn't emerge from the doorway. is it trying to lure me back inside?
A loud gurgling noise emanated from the ground behind her just before a large blast of air sent her flying back towards the door.  As she crashed into the ground, she was surprised to see the shadow was emerging from the ground behind where she had been standing.  sneaky little bastard!
"comehere"
"It's...it's talking in my head!"
"comehere!"
Suddenly Ai found herself drawn towards the creature, like a moth to a flame. Consciously, she knew she had to run away, and yet she felt like she had to get closer to it.
"no.....gotta....fight it!"
- a friend

Rayve13

Chiasa shook her head as the alarm sounded, giving Megumi a quick smile before the urging drew her after the monster again, guiding her unerringly in it's path towards the roof. As she got through the doors, she saw the girl from the classroom heading towards it. "Hey!" she yelled, picking up a loose bit of debris on the roof and throwing it at the...the thing. "Leave her alone asshole!" she continued, advancing warily.

krakenknight

"lo... Look out!" screamed Megumi as she finally mustered her courage. Exhibiting courage beyond her usual mousyness the farm girl from Hokkaido grabbed the fire extinguisher. Swallowing hard and holding her breath she let it go, blasting the monster and by proxy Maya with the choking fire killing foam.
The white dust blew up around her as the extinguisher pushed the choking cloud onto the monster, she really hoped that this would work.
That's it, take it out, kill it, said her inner voice as she dusted it.

Saikotsu

The combined efforts of the other students manages to break the shadows hold over Ai, who covers face to avoid breathing in the poisonous fumes.  The shadow begins writhing in pain, as the debris and extinguisher gas hits it.  Ai bolts behind the girls and watches in horror as the shadow continues to advance, despite everything.  Call out to me, a womans voice says to Ai. Deep down, she feels the stirring sensation of something eager to be unleashed. CALL OUT TO ME!
Slowly, Ai's eyelids close, as she reaches deep within towards this strange sensation.  "Per....so....na!"
Her eyes snap open, illuminated from within by a soft glow. Blue energy pours out from her, solidifying behind her as her Persona.  "THOU ART I, AND I ART THOU! I AM YOUR OTHER SELF, A REFLECTION OF YOUR SOUL, I AM VERDANDI!"
Ai's persona puts her hands on Ai's shoulders and immediately a flood of information overwhelms her senses. Meanwhile, Megumi and Chiasa both feel their persona's awaken from within, in much the same manner. 
- a friend