Champions of Dungeons. (CoC x PF) (Interest Check)

Started by Antipaladin of Calista, April 13, 2013, 08:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: Yugishogun on April 14, 2013, 02:39:37 PM
Palidan, may my character use spells from the book of erotic fantasy?

Yes you may, but unless your god is one of lust chances are some of the spells wont come up.

Quote from: Re Z L on April 14, 2013, 02:47:58 PM
I'm considering an Aasimar Paladin at the moment.  Would a paladin work well with what you have in mind for the game?  What kind of gods are there?

Picture

A paladin always works provided that you role play them well. As for the gods I am working on that.

http://chet.kindredcircle.org/pdf/DnD3.5Index-Deities.pdf

This is the index im using for the creation of a pantheon.  Im trying to narrow it down to about 15 major gods and goddesses. About five good, neutral, and evil.

Antipaladin of Calista

Ehh, fuck it. Here you go:

QuoteThe Pathfinder campaign setting plays host to a large pantheon of deities, ranging from the all-powerful greater deities to the minor gods and demigods, who are mostly powerful extraplanars. While most deities' followers span cultures and races, some races and "civilized" monsters have their own pantheons of deities, worshiped primarily within their own ranks.

Major deities

Inner Sea Region

Abadar · Asmodeus · Calistria · Cayden Cailean · Desna · Erastil · Gorum · Gozreh · Iomedae · Irori · Lamashtu · Nethys · Norgorber · Pharasma · Rovagug · Sarenrae · Shelyn · Torag · Urgathoa · Zon-Kuthon

Outer Gods

Azathoth · Nyarlathotep · Shub-Niggurath · Yog-Sothoth

Other Minor deities

Achaekek · Alseta · Apep · Azghat · Besmara · Brigh · Camazotz · Child-goddess · Groetus · Gyronna · Hanspur · Khepri · Kitumu  · Lissala · Milani · Naderi · Namzaruum · Pulura · Rheth · Roidira · Shimye-Magalla · Sivanah · Wadjet · Walkena · White Feather · Zyphus

Other Non-Human Deities

Ahriman · Easivra · Morlock Ancestor Gods · Orgesh · Prathos · Shumbauth · Ydersius

Feronia · Ghlaunder · Kurgess
Archdevils

Asmodeus · Baalzebul · Barbatos · Belial · Dispater · Geryon · Mammon · Mephistopheles · Moloch

Infernal Dukes

Alocer · Bifrons · Crocell · Deumus · Eligos · Eaqueo · Furcas · Gaap · Haborym · Iaozrael · Jiraviddain · Kalma · Làu Kiritsu · Lorcan · Lorthact · Losarkur · Malthus · Nergal · Ose · Pirias · Quindiovatos · Ruzel · Sabnach · Titivilus · Uruskreil · Vapula · Vois · Wylgart · Xhasnaphar · Yan-gant-y-tan · Zaebos · Zepar
Malebranche

Alichino · Barbarica · Cagnazzo · Calcabrina · Circiatto · Draghignazzo · Farfarello · Graffiacane · Libicocco · Malacoda · Rubicante · Scarmiglione

Demon Lords

Abraxus · Aldinach · Andirifkhu · Angazhan · Areshkagal · Baphomet · Cyth-V'sug · Dagon · Demogorgon · Deskari · Flauros · Gogunta · Haagenti · Jezelda · Jubilex · Kabriri · Kostchtchie · Lamashtu · Mazmezz · Mestama · Nocticula · Nurgal · Orcus · Pazuzu · Shax · Shivaska · Sifkesh · Socothbenoth · Urxehl · Xoveron · Yhidothrus · Zevgavizeb · Zura

Antipaladin of Calista

So it seems that map on is the favorite. That works for me. The players will start on the continent of Marquessa:

In the area known as The Sandpoint Hinterlands

in the River Kingdoms:

in the Provence of Daggermark:

In the city of daggermark.

Antipaladin of Calista

When making your characters remember that you live in a city, unless your a traveler. While in the city you must follow the laws and such that they have. I'm working out the details of those, but needless to say, you should buy some kind of outfit to walk around in.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/containers-bags-boxes-more

Re Z L

Thanks!

Couple more quick questions:

Traits y/n?
Attributes, rolling or point buy?
Standard starting wealth for a 4th level character?
A&A

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: Re Z L on April 14, 2013, 04:11:15 PM
Thanks!

Couple more quick questions:

Traits y/n?
Attributes, rolling or point buy?
Standard starting wealth for a 4th level character?

Traits: Clarify?
Attributes: 32 point buy
Wealth: Roll starting for a lv one and then add 1000gp. In addition I will give everyone an item that has either been passed down in their family or that they found in their exploration.

Florence

Hrmm... Perhaps someone here can help me out with my character idea. I had an idea to play either a nymph or half-nymph, but I'm not sure where I could get proper rules for making a character like that, if they even exist. If not, I'll think up something else. Perhaps a half-orc, since I've never played one before xD Not sure which gender of half-orc to play if I go that way. Either could be equal parts interesting or horrifying. xD

As for the Nymph character, I figure she would have either lost her home, or if she's a half-nymph, simply be... ya know, okay with being in civilized land and stuff cause... not a full nymph xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Re Z L

Quote from: Antipaladin of Calista on April 14, 2013, 04:20:16 PM
Attributes: 32 point buy
Wealth: Roll starting for a lv one and then add 1000gp. In addition I will give everyone an item that has either been passed down in their family or that they found in their exploration.

Traits:  http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits

Basically mini-feats, usually the GM lets you take 2 at level 1.  There's a feat to give you more, but usually you get two and never gain any other ones.
A&A

Meliai

Quote from: Antipaladin of Calista on April 14, 2013, 04:20:16 PM

Traits are minor things that let your sort of extra customize your character. They give you small bonuses based on history/faith/race/etc, like a +2 to a skill or two or some other small bonus in specific sorts of situations. They're available here on the SRD. I believe by default you get 2, but DMs can allow more or less or none at all.

[edit]Whoops. Helps if I actually read the new post when Ell tells me one's popped up while I was writing.[/edit]
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on April 14, 2013, 04:29:33 PM
Hrmm... Perhaps someone here can help me out with my character idea. I had an idea to play either a nymph or half-nymph, but I'm not sure where I could get proper rules for making a character like that, if they even exist. If not, I'll think up something else. Perhaps a half-orc, since I've never played one before xD Not sure which gender of half-orc to play if I go that way. Either could be equal parts interesting or horrifying. xD

As for the Nymph character, I figure she would have either lost her home, or if she's a half-nymph, simply be... ya know, okay with being in civilized land and stuff cause... not a full nymph xD

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Nymphspawn_%283.5e_Race%29

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Half-Dryads_%283.5e_Race%29

Just some ideas

Quote from: Meliai on April 14, 2013, 04:35:51 PM
Traits are minor things that let your sort of extra customize your character. They give you small bonuses based on history/faith/race/etc, like a +2 to a skill or two or some other small bonus in specific sorts of situations. They're available here on the SRD. I believe by default you get 2, but DMs can allow more or less or none at all.

[edit]Whoops. Helps if I actually read the new post when Ell tells me one's popped up while I was writing.[/edit]

I'll let you take one trait.

Re Z L

Quote from: Meliai on April 14, 2013, 04:35:51 PM

Mwahaha, I'm too fast for you~  ;D
A&A

Antipaladin of Calista

So im experimenting with ways of adding in a lust mechanic that would operate with the same principals as CoC, but in the PF format. I'll let you guys know if I have any major breakthroughs.

MrBubbles

Alright, so I got an idea for a character, but I'd need a bit of info on the setting before I can start writing him up;

First things first, how many liberties can we take in determining what's what with the other continents? I'm looking to have my guy come from a desert tribe, but I'm unsure if any regions with deserts already exist in the setting. Secondly, would the adventurers be going to Daggermark with the intention of hunting for these swords, or would they be there under different pretenses? Finally, is this Point Buy or are we rolling for stats?

Quote from: Antipaladin of Calista on April 14, 2013, 05:46:36 PM
So im experimenting with ways of adding in a lust mechanic that would operate with the same principals as CoC, but in the PF format. I'll let you guys know if I have any major breakthroughs.

What if you made it similar to Stabilize rolls? Erotic maneuvers or attacks could cause characters to build up Lust (maybe your Will save acts as DR to the "damage") and players have to roll a 1d100 to see if they succumb.

Here's an example of what I mean: Let's say Joe Fighter has a Will save of +5 and a current Lust of 26, he's in combat with a fairly chesty Goblin who flashes him, the maneuver causing 17 points of "Lust." Due to Joe's +5 Will, he only takes 12 points of damage, bringing him to a total Lust of 38. At that point, Joe has to roll a 1d100 and get over 38 to stay lucid; if he hits anything lower he succumbs to the creature's advances.

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: MrBubbles on April 14, 2013, 05:51:49 PM
Alright, so I got an idea for a character, but I'd need a bit of info on the setting before I can start writing him up;

First things first, how many liberties can we take in determining what's what with the other continents? I'm looking to have my guy come from a desert tribe, but I'm unsure if any regions with deserts already exist in the setting. Secondly, would the adventurers be going to Daggermark with the intention of hunting for these swords, or would they be there under different pretenses? Finally, is this Point Buy or are we rolling for stats?

All of these are good questions.

1. Since the world still shows scars of the past it's not uncommon for there to be strange occurrences. While The world is big and most things would work, I'd like you to run whatever it is you had in mind for the other continents first.

2. If you look just north of the river kingdoms you'd see that there are a few areas that are in a desert style surrounding an icy area. Therefore so long as you're a traveler you'll be fine to be from a desert.

3. The swords will not be a known threat, merely an old wives tale, but after an event happens in the story the players will take it upon themselves to retrieve the swords. For that reason each player must either be a resident of Daggermark or be passing through and resting there.

4. 32-point buy.

Antipaladin of Calista

Attention!

I mentioned using the Appearance stat as an additional stat. DO NOT count this in your point buy. At the start of the game I'll roll and tell each player their App score.

Quote from: MrBubbles on April 14, 2013, 05:51:49 PM
What if you made it similar to Stabilize rolls? Erotic maneuvers or attacks could cause characters to build up Lust (maybe your Will save acts as DR to the "damage") and players have to roll a 1d100 to see if they succumb.

Here's an example of what I mean: Let's say Joe Fighter has a Will save of +5 and a current Lust of 26, he's in combat with a fairly chesty Goblin who flashes him, the maneuver causing 17 points of "Lust." Due to Joe's +5 Will, he only takes 12 points of damage, bringing him to a total Lust of 38. At that point, Joe has to roll a 1d100 and get over 38 to stay lucid; if he hits anything lower he succumbs to the creature's advances.

I love this idea! That's perfect. Additionally, races with a racial bonus to attack and damage against races may add that to their LR.

Heres an example:

Barst Orecrusher is a dwarf fighter who is in combat with the same goblin that was mentioned before. Dwarves Hate creatures with the orc or goblinoid subtype and get a +1 to attack rolls against them. Sexy is sexy, but hate is hate. So the +1 from hate gets thrown in with his will of +5 for a total of 6. This reduces the 17 points to 11 instead of 12.

Re Z L

You could also use a similar mechanic to grapple.  Instead of a Combat Maneuver Bonus/Defense, there could be a Lust Maneuver Bonus/Defense with a separate damage track based upon a character's Wisdom (Will) and class.
A&A

Meliai

Unfortunately it looks like neither the Ploothook nor Myth-weavers sheets allow you to add an additional ability score. Are we still using Appearance, and if so where would you like us to mark it? Ninja'd again! At least I caught it this time ;D

Additionally, how focused do you expect the campaign to be as far as social vs combat stuff goes? I'm wavering between a few sorceress and bard builds, but I don't want to go all social-fu and then end up being a drag on the team if we're 3/4 combat or something. The story I've got in mind is for a sort of journeyman priestess of Shelyn, but her clergy generally avoids combat when they can and her first move in most confrontations that involve intelligent enemies would be diplomacy.

{{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: Meliai on April 14, 2013, 06:16:43 PM
Unfortunately it looks like neither the Ploothook nor Myth-weavers sheets allow you to add an additional ability score. Are we still using Appearance, and if so where would you like us to mark it? Ninja'd again! At least I caught it this time ;D

Additionally, how focused do you expect the campaign to be as far as social vs combat stuff goes? I'm wavering between a few sorceress and bard builds, but I don't want to go all social-fu and then end up being a drag on the team if we're 3/4 combat or something. The story I've got in mind is for a sort of journeyman priestess of Shelyn, but her clergy generally avoids combat when they can and her first move in most confrontations that involve intelligent enemies would be diplomacy.

While I love social interaction and being out of combat, I find that battle scenes take up a lot of time which is a shame. So despite me wanting it to be 2/3 social and 1/3 battle, those scenes will make it seem like its more battle. Im aiming for about 2/3 social and 1/3 battle.

Meliai

That's fine! I think I'll go with a bard and focus more on buffing/debuffing sort of stuff, so I can be useful in a fight without having to overly focus on it.

I've also found that the dreaded Don't Split The Party rule is easier to work around in play-by-post games if the GM is willing to adjust encounter difficulty since it's far easier to handle two parallel scenes in text compared to doing it face to face (though sometimes you run into a timing issue, since a 30-second battle can take weeks to get through.)
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Re Z L

A&A

Autocad

Grr stop stealing my paladin idea!

That's fine though,  I'm calling dibs on an Alchemist aphrodisiac maker instead. We're going to be swimming in lust drafts, I tell ya.Swimming.

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: Re Z L on April 14, 2013, 06:47:33 PM
Linea Davina, Paladin of Sarenrae
Character Sheet

Work in progress!

Interesting. So will she be from or visiting Daggermark?

Re Z L

Quote from: Antipaladin of Calista on April 14, 2013, 06:51:14 PM
Interesting. So will she be from or visiting Daggermark?

My current idea is passing through on something of a sabbatical, having stayed in the city for a little while helping the locals with what she can.

Quote from: Autocad on April 14, 2013, 06:48:56 PM
Grr stop stealing my paladin idea!

That's fine though,  I'm calling dibs on an Alchemist aphrodisiac maker instead. We're going to be swimming in lust drafts, I tell ya.Swimming.

Nothing wrong with having more than one paladin  ;D  Imagine the theological debates!

Swimming in lust drafts certainly sounds promising too  ;)
A&A

Yukina

Almost finished with my bard. She'd one of those great in culture, but not in combat types.

Meliai

Quote from: Re Z L on April 14, 2013, 06:47:33 PM
Linea Davina, Paladin of Sarenrae
Character Sheet

Work in progress!

Oooh, Sarenrae! Now we just need a follower of Desna and ((NSFW!))we'll have the whole trifecta :D

Quote from: Yugishogun on April 14, 2013, 07:10:42 PM
Almost finished with my bard. She'd one of those great in culture, but not in combat types.

Uh oh...
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}