Werewolves of Miller's Hollow - Game Thread [Town wins!]

Started by Trieste, December 06, 2017, 12:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mintprincess

“Her point was your vote DID matter.   You could have chosen Scott and forced a tie.  So you did in effect vote for remiel without voting for him.  Yes i voted for him.  Because when I voted he already had a few votes and I am impatient and would rather we pick one and go, thus I picked someone who had a chance of winning and not a random other person.

“Imogens point was that choosing someone who had no chance was pretty pointless.”

persephone325

"Forcing a tie and a re-vote wouldn't help much, since we have no information to go on. You voted out of impatience, and because he had votes already, yet you don't see me jumping on you for that. You could have voted for anyone, yourself." Persephone shakes her head.

"Apparently, dammed if I do and dammed if I don't." With that, she sighs and returns to her home for the night; making sure to lock the door behind her.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Trieste

Current tally:

Remiel - 4
Scott - 3
Ket - 2
Imogen - 1
Blythe - 1
Rummy Tum Tum - 1

Last call for votes. I'll call it closed at midnight (it's currently 6:10pm here).

Ket

"My goodness! All this hullaballoo over a single vote. I'm flattered that Persephone chose to vote for me, even if it meant there was no tie. Obviously the majority wanted Remiel to win, and whatever reasons Persephone had to not vote for Scott and make it a tie are her choices. Instead of arguing, why don't we celebrate Remiel's win and bring out the champagne and charcuterie?" Ket declared, trying to keep everything calm. 
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Remiel

Yeah, honestly...the Sheriff vote typically doesn't mean anything.  It's like the first round or two of voting in Secret Hitler.  Nobody really knows anything about anybody at this point.

Scott

Ket

Sets out the champagne and charcuterie. "Party!" Because Ket can't resist a reason to celebrate.

she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Trieste

Night 1: Wherein Our Storyteller Breathes a Sigh of Relief That There Was No Tie

After a raucous celebration in favor of the shiny new Sheriff Remiel - which, incidentally, involve using 'Kazyth for Sheriff' banners as handy lassos - the town settles in for sleep. Time for all night roles to PM me their dirty work so I can make it so.

Trieste

Day Two: The Red Wedding

At the beginning of the new day, the sleepy villagers stumble out and to their pre-coffee horror, they find quite a scene!

Mintprincess lay sprawled in the courtyard, a Hunter's axe in her hand.
Madame Professor lay askew in the courtyard, half-transformed in a way that reveals her as the Teen Wolf.
persephone325 lay propped by a door, her lovely Villager bonnet askew.

The town comes together to decide on who will pay for the deaths of last night!

Remaining townsfolk:
Blythe
Caeli
Imogen
Kazyth
Ket
Remiel*
Rummy Tum Tum
Scott
yugi006

Ket

Sleepy eyed, Ket pulled back the curtains of her cabin's windows and was greeted to a scene of pure horror. She ran outside, screaming out accusations. "Imogen was confrontational with Persephone yesterday during the sheriff vote. She must have became enraged and took it out on poor Persephone and Mintprincess. Oh, this is so horrible!"

Rummy Tum Tum

"Much as I love accusin' people," Rummy said, straw resting fashionably between his lips as he stared grimly at the macabre scene, "How do you explain Lil Miss Teen Wolf's death?  Looks to me like she attacked poor MintPrincess, and she took her down with 'er."

Ket

"Obviously Imogen took out the teen wolf to try and deflect people's suspicion. She just went on a rampage." Ket huffed.

Imogen

"I killed all three?" Imogen blinked. "What kind of wolf can do that?"

"I am sorry, Ket, but you aren't making sense. Snap out of it, and help us think?"

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

yugi006

"There are several possibilities here":

Scenario 1: The wolves targeted Mintprincess and she killed Persephone as a result while the Vigilante killed Madame Professor.

Scenario 2: The wolves targeted Persephone while the Vigilante killed Mintprincess and in return killed Madame Professor.

Scenario 3: The wolves targeted Mintprincess and she in turned killed Madame Professor while the Vigilante killed Persephone.

Also wolves can't target each other.

Imogen

She nodded at Yugi, agreeing with his summary.

"That sounds logical. And I am leaning towards the first of your scenarios. We know that MintPrincess suspected Persephoné. If she was ambushed, Persephoné would have been her first suspect, while the Professor was already under suspicion due to her manner of speech during the Sheriffs vote. A vigilante may have taken it upon themselves to slay this beast. That means that this killer, at least, is on our side."

"I also believe that MintPrincess is the more logical target for the wolves. It was only a matter of time before she and I would have voted against Persephoné. With her death, the wolves put another bulls eye on Persephone's back. MintPrincess crossed their plans."

She scrunches up her nose. "I do feel insulted that they thought to use me, as I have no doubt that it was their intention that I would persist in my accusations and crusade against Persephoné to see her hanged."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Kazyth

Kazyth stumbled out of his cabin, still sadly hung with "Kazyth for Sherrif" banners, kicking aside drifts of buttons and blinking blearily at the mess.  With a sigh he began to putter about, gathering sheets to wrap the victims in, loading up bodies, and hauling them off to be buried with dignity.  Except for Madame Professor, whose corpse goes onto a bonfire.

"Seems to me that we're still fairly in the dark here.  But we're down at least one wolf.  And that wolf voted for Remiel, I think it bears noting."

A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Blythe

Blythe ponders and says, "Our Sheriff breaks ties...I don't think a wolf would want to be Sheriff, because as soon as a tie were broken, they would be immediately revealed if an innocent were killed. Remiel seemed fairly ambivalent about being Sheriff, so I think he might be innocent. Personally, I'm conflicted. I had contact with persephone only just yesterday via a private missive sent to her cottage, which she replied back to with surprisingly alacrity! I sent it because I was curious if there was any reason to suspect her, but there was little information I gathered that I couldn't have already surmised from the talks here in the town square in public. And she suspected Imogen and Mintprincess because they were so quick to accuse her with so little evidence--but Mint turned out to be the brave Hunter. If persephone could be wrong about Mint, could she have been wrong about Imogen? I admit I am more suspicious of people who voted for Remiel as Sheriff than Remiel himself since that was how Madame voted--the wolves likely picked him to be Sheriff, so there's a higher chance of voting for another werewolf by picking someone who voted for him, I think. So I am voting for Caeli. I am open to changing my vote if need be; it is hard to figure out who to vote for at this stage."

Remiel

"Hrm.  I can't really fault Kazyth for his logic, as literally the only thing we know about Madame Professor is that she voted for me for Sheriff.  However, as I pointed out earlier, the Sheriff vote typically means nothing, and I can certainly attest that I am no lycanthrope.

My gut tells me that either Ket or Imogen is up to no good, as both have been acting suspiciously, although my gut is often wrong at this stage of the game."

Rummy Tum Tum

"I vote Ket, for her suspicious accusations"

Ket

"How are my accusations suspicious?" Ket grumped.

"Let's break it down here. Persephone was the last vote for sheriff, and chose to vote in a manner that would guarantee Remiel's win. Imogen wasn't exactly happy about that. She may very well have wanted to given Scott another chance to win, as that is who she voted for. They both could be wolves, and why wouldn't one wolf want another as sheriff? She very well could have convinced all the other wolves to see things her way and vote to kill Persephone, all because Scott didn't have the chance to become sheriff.

Also, Imogen said that 'we know Mintprincess suspected Persephone'. Which, in a way is true, but she also voted for Remiel for sheriff, while both Persephone and I did not. So, if Imogen had really wanted Scott to win, there is also an explanation for her convincing the wolves to take out Mintprincess. Neither Persephone nor Mintprincess voted the same as she, which could very well have rankled her ire.

Yugi006's scenarios two and three could both be a fit for Imogen's guilt in this terrible tragedy."

Imogen

Imogen blinked. "Wow, Ket... First I killed both MintPrincess and Persephone out of spite, and you 'forgot' the dead wolf on site until Rummy Tum Tum pointed it out."

"Then you adjusted and claimed I killed all three until Yugi pointed out there is no way that could have happened either."

"And this time I supposedly orchestrated MintPrincess' death over the Sheriff votes? Has it escaped you that MintPrincess and I agreed on Persephoné's manner of voting? If I had been so avid about swaying the vote, all I had to do was to ask MintPrincess to change hers. As I could not be certain that Scott was a better choice than Remiel, I did not ask. And I still am not convinced of either's innocence or guilt."

"This is starting to get silly."

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

yugi006

"Anyone could be guilty at this point. There is not enough information to determine who the wolves are. My vote will be for Ket."

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Ket

"Vote for me all you want, but all you'll be doing is putting yourself in more danger, as these deaths will not be avenged by killing off a mere villager. Plus, no more parties."