The Dragons of Andres-Upon-Vail [Evil Pathfinder]

Started by PhantomPistoleer, May 22, 2015, 10:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ixy

Awesome, thanks Phantom.  This game concept looks like it will be really cool.

Do you have a plan of when you will announce accepted characters?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ixy on May 31, 2015, 04:05:39 PM
Awesome, thanks Phantom.  This game concept looks like it will be really cool.

Do you have a plan of when you will announce accepted characters?

Right now.

So, everyone that got in a character got in.

No more character submissions permitted.

The game will consist of:

Muse
Sorrow
Ebb
Ixy
Phaia
Elven
Chloe;

I will split you up into three groups.

If any of you wish to be paired up, please let me know ASAP. 

I will be starting an OOC chat today, and I WILL FILL it.  Please see the upcoming directions.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ebb

Quote from: Ixy on May 31, 2015, 02:45:30 PM
Hi Ebb-- I'd like to make connections between Penn and PAtch if that's ok with you?   Since Patch is their medic and does tattoos, I hope he would be very familiar with Penn.  Could he have done piercings for her, as well as guild tattoos?  He's probably stitched her up a few times, and has seen her at her worst-- in pain, with a broken bone, half-unconscious from blood loss-- but he's never seen her complain.  I have a couple other ideas about moments from her past, too, that she wouldn't want advertised if your PC would know them and not talk about it.

That sounds great, Ixy. I think piercings would be well within Patch's wheelhouse. Hell, he'd probably do amputations if somebody was really into that.
Having him be aware of, and impressed by, her stoicism is a good thing. He's heard a lot of screaming and crying from big ole folks you wouldn't expect it from. Penn is kind of the exact opposite of that, which is fascinating. Also, feel free to send along the private stuff. Patch can keep a secret. Patch can also stitch peoples' lips together to help them understand the need for security.

For everybody else:
Anybody who wants to start with potions is welcome to. There's a small list that the club owns the recipes to. All are 1st level potions, so they can be manufactured for 17gp worth of raw materials. It takes a little while to get them done so best to not go overboard, but I imagine having 2 or 3 for your character to start with wouldn't be a big deal. Just burn the gold and write 'em down. And please be aware of the addiction rules PP posted earlier; gulping these down is not generally a good idea, and Patch won't brew up anything for a goddamn junkie.

The list:
Cure light wounds - Always good in a pinch. This one gives you a little bit of a buzz, too.
Mage armor - In case any of you lightly armored types want to go al fresco instead.
Comprehend languages - Using words is always a good last resort.
Ventriloquism - The city guards fall for this one every damn time. You think they'd wise up.
Monkey fish - It's a monkey! It's a fish! Ok, I got nothing. This one was on sale.
Ant haul - For bringing back the loot.
Memory lapse - And they say there aren't any second chances.
Polypurpose Panacea - Hangover cure! LSD! Super-booze! Nyquil! Sober-up Juice! NoDoz! Really, it's unclear why anybody would ever brew anything else.

Also everybody:
I think having a standard gang tattoo is a great idea. In Sons of Anarchy the thing covered the whole back, and if you ever got kicked out of the club you'd get it inked over (or burned off, if the circumstances were bad). I don't know if we need to go that far, but at least a standard one on the arm would probably be good. I think part of the culture of these clubs is that you don't ever really go undercover -- you're proud of who you are and what you're part of. Anyway, Ebb the player is no artist, but if somebody wanted to design or find one, that would be cool.

Ixy

Quote from: Ebb on May 31, 2015, 04:55:36 PM
That sounds great, Ixy. I think piercings would be well within Patch's wheelhouse. Hell, he'd probably do amputations if somebody was really into that.
Having him be aware of, and impressed by, her stoicism is a good thing. He's heard a lot of screaming and crying from big ole folks you wouldn't expect it from. Penn is kind of the exact opposite of that, which is fascinating. Also, feel free to send along the private stuff. Patch can keep a secret. Patch can also stitch peoples' lips together to help them understand the need for security.
[...]
Also everybody:
I think having a standard gang tattoo is a great idea. In Sons of Anarchy the thing covered the whole back, and if you ever got kicked out of the club you'd get it inked over (or burned off, if the circumstances were bad). I don't know if we need to go that far, but at least a standard one on the arm would probably be good. I think part of the culture of these clubs is that you don't ever really go undercover -- you're proud of who you are and what you're part of. Anyway, Ebb the player is no artist, but if somebody wanted to design or find one, that would be cool.

I will respond tonight with the private info.  Thank you :)

As far as the tattoo-- I found this design on a few different sites, so it's apparently common flash, but I think it's a cool one.

Ebb

Quote from: Ixy on May 31, 2015, 05:35:56 PM
As far as the tattoo-- I found this design on a few different sites, so it's apparently common flash, but I think it's a cool one.

Nice! I like the simplicity. I wonder if we could figure out a way for the number three to be important to the club. Like maybe there were three founding members or something.

A Google Image search on that one found me this page:

http://thelyricwriter.hubpages.com/hub/Tribal-Dragon-Tattoos-And-Meanings

Just in case people want a little variety.

Sorrow Singer

Quote from: Ixy on May 31, 2015, 02:45:30 PM

Penn would most likely have worked with Scarlet, as they are both very quiet and efficient killers.  They can both reasonably suspect that the other is involved  in various professional-quality "actions" without the other's knowledge, but Penn would frequently show up to watch Scarlet train or 'work'. Always uninvited, occasionally unwelcomed, Penn shows a sort of curiosity about her that isn't purely "professional" but not entirely personal.

This all sounds great, I think Charlotte rather enjoys spending time with her silent sister. When they practice, train or operate together it's always concise efficient and to the point. Though not exactly a chatterbox herself, Charlotte feels very comfortable working with Penn. and has shared a small secret or two from time to time. She's not sure if it's her imagination, but Penn seems to open up to her in her own sort of way. Charlotte is always there to listen, if on the off-chance she needs someone to talk to.

Ixy

Quote from: Ebb on May 31, 2015, 06:04:12 PM
Nice! I like the simplicity. I wonder if we could figure out a way for the number three to be important to the club. Like maybe there were three founding members or something.

A Google Image search on that one found me this page:

http://thelyricwriter.hubpages.com/hub/Tribal-Dragon-Tattoos-And-Meanings

Just in case people want a little variety.
How about Weasel, Half-Brew, and Madman were the first three, and they chose the dragons because in this culture's 'mythology' they represent a conflicting view for the city-- some cultures revere dragons for their power, luck, long life and such, while others see them as a personification of the wild to be tamed, the evil in men's hearts, and the dangers of the dark old world.  Having three in a circle represents the first three that spearheaded the organization, or may have meant more than that at some time, but the most important thing is that no matter WHAT angle you approach the dragons, you're coming at their teeth.

Ixy

Quote from: Sorrow Singer on May 31, 2015, 07:31:12 PM
This all sounds great, I think Charlotte rather enjoys spending time with her silent sister. When they practice, train or operate together it's always concise efficient and to the point. Though not exactly a chatterbox herself, Charlotte feels very comfortable working with Penn. and has shared a small secret or two from time to time. She's not sure if it's her imagination, but Penn seems to open up to her in her own sort of way. Charlotte is always there to listen, if on the off-chance she needs someone to talk to.

I can dig that.  Also, Penn has a way of disregarding people's privacy, so she's probably lurked around a bit at awkward moments :)

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ixy on May 31, 2015, 07:39:38 PM
How about Weasel, Half-Brew, and Madman were the first three, and they chose the dragons because in this culture's 'mythology' they represent a conflicting view for the city-- some cultures revere dragons for their power, luck, long life and such, while others see them as a personification of the wild to be tamed, the evil in men's hearts, and the dangers of the dark old world.  Having three in a circle represents the first three that spearheaded the organization, or may have meant more than that at some time, but the most important thing is that no matter WHAT angle you approach the dragons, you're coming at their teeth.

That's pretty neat.  Let's do this.

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Phaia

busy day... I hope to get things finished tomorrow!!
2 boys [one 6 and the other 36 and a beach day] kept me hectic!

After a shower and settling down I will see what I can do tonight.

Phaia

Phaia

Freaking hell! the new myth sheets are not saving for me...spent an hour working up zaraha and saved several times and checked and the sheet is clean
I will just have to use one of the old saved ones i have!

Phaia

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Phaia on May 31, 2015, 11:49:04 PM
Freaking hell! the new myth sheets are not saving for me...spent an hour working up zaraha and saved several times and checked and the sheet is clean

Phaia

Aww, that sucks.  Hopefully it'll work out. :)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Muse

Quote from: Phaia on May 31, 2015, 11:49:04 PM

Phaia

Ack!  That bites, Phaia! 

If you're running out of time, and I'm around, I can put up a google document for you and help you reconstruct her right quick? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Phaia

Hey nice GM PP. Can we get an OOC thread set up so we can start yappering away there?

Muse I should be okay ...its almost 4 am for me, I woke up and will see about getting Snow's sheet done

Phaia

Muse

*Smiles*  3 AM here, time for some sleep, I think. 

I look forewrads to gaming with you!  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)