Derek's RP Ideas...

Started by derek, April 23, 2011, 01:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derek

Updated 2/28/12:

• TAKEN..... Gold Rush (derek & MistressofPen)  The marriage is brand new. They've barely known the other existed for more than one to three weeks. It's an arranged marriage through a 'broker.' The wife is at least a decade younger. She's a beautiful woman, even if she doesn't see herself as that. He's inexperienced sexually and can only hope that perhaps over time she'll grow to love him deeply.
    The time period and locale are very much open for discussion. PM me with your thoughts and images if you're interested. I'm thinking of this as more of a romantic/seduction storyline than anything else.

• A cop...framed and fired from the force takes on a case as an un-licensed gum-shoe...his client is a well known woman who's a well-to-do socialite/celebrity...he ends up in his work uncovering info re: her situation and coincidently his 'frame-up'...they become more than 'business partners'

• An officer in the military or foreign service stationed in a foreign country  becomes intrigued by an wonderfully innocent younger woman...his strict discipline forbids 'fraternization' with her or anyone from her country...and her family and friends would not be at all pleased (to understate it some) with her if she were to become involved/be intimate with an infidel/foreigner.....just a thought

• Lovers who have drifted apart...find each other only now much much older and available and wanting what they'd once had though they're some distance apart...for now...OR expand upon a story called Reunion which I recently posted.

• I posted an OOC for a proposed thread called  A Murderous Affair which never was activated.  I'm very open to editing it to accomodate a new partner.   The basic premise of my idea is this:  Eight months after the police gave up on his brother Alex Mathews’ murder investigation, James Mathews (Chambers now to his new boss to protect his real ID) goes after the chief suspect on his own...His brother’s female employer.

MistressofPen

#1 Interests me.  I'm seeing a historical setting---like America's wild west or the settling of Australia.  Though, it is pretty open to a future setting, too (i.e. fewer women, less people and brokerages for marriage being more commonplace...?).

derek

Yeah...#1 and #4 are the two I myself am most interested in doing.  Your idea about the west is very appealing.  Maybe a mail-order bride?  Perhaps ordered by a 49er whose made a claim and had some success but been very much alone...and is feeling it?  Any thoughts about her and how she chose to be 'sold/bought' as it were?

MistressofPen

Historically speaking, women weren't welcomed if they traveled alone.  And, the mail-order bride was often a way for a woman to get WEst, at least get away from someplace she didn't want to be.

Perhaps an educated, foreward-thinking, independent woman of twenty or so would think to make her own mark in the West.  It would be seen as an escape and a new place where old standards might not apply, where someone with the right spark could be a person and not be defined by whom she married?  And, if she was "orphaned" and left with an inheritance that she couldn't control, having a husband she might be able to control might be appealing.  I'm thinking her parents, a doctor father and her mother assisting him, died in the Influenza epidemic, leaving her educated and well-off, but still a young woman.  So, her inheritance would be managed by a man, of course.  And, that man might see her as "his" and this would make her want to run...fast and far. 

Wagon trains didn't accept solitary females.  The wives, believe it or don't, would make life a living hell for a single woman because they were a disruptive influence.  Sad to say, generally speaking, my sex is often mean to its own to this day in the neverending contest for the choice male.

In her head, the man would be "old" and easily led.  ;)  But, in fact, following your storyline, they'd both be naive and somewhat stupid (AKA "innocent") to the true ways of the world.

What do you think.  Oh, and I'm a freak about research and have costumed for this time period so I find it quite interesting. Feel free to PM.  Just noticed your request for a PM on the first topic and see that I blew it off by the time I got to the last topic--sorry.  The story was whirling and I lost my head a bit.

derek

LOL...forget the PM...this is fine.  I really like your thinking and enthusiasm.  Have you some possible images for him by any chance? If you do could you please PM them to me or links to sites where I can look?...I have a terrible time with that.

MistressofPen

Him?  Well, wouldn't that be your choice?  Give me an age...hair color, etc., and I can find something.  :-)

I'll find a her photo, if you like

derek

You can find her...then we can work on him...I'm fine with that....depending on how old you want her to be...I think of him as a decade older at least...sandy colored hair...average looking guy...lol...not an adonis or anything...independent in bearing and confident re: his work but unsure of himself interpersonally...if that makes sense.

And yes please find a picture for her that suits your taste.  I really appreciate your interest in this idea of mine and your help with the images.

MistressofPen

Actors Jeremy Renner or Mark Valley come to mind.  But, I can do some research.  Mark Valley is close to 50...no clue about Jeremy Renner, but he's rugged looking, not pretty-boy handsome, which I consider Mark.

I'm thinking Caroline Dhavernas or Rachel McAdams for the female.  They're late twenties.  I think all of these actors read younger, though. 

Let me know what you think

derek

derek

I just added a new scenario [#5] to my original post.