Greetings and Salutations

Started by Tuttle, April 24, 2024, 10:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuttle

Excited to be here! Below are the answers to the questionnaire!

1.    Tell us how you found us, please?

The Ole Google Box

2.    Confirmation that you understand our rules.

I have read and understand the rules.

3.    A confirmation that you are over eighteen (18) years of age. You don't need to give your birth date, however we do need a clear statement that you are of age.

I am over 18 years of age.

4.    Your native language(s) and what region you are from. List your primary language first and include all others in order of fluency. Elliquiy is an English speaking community but it is also a global one.  We welcome members from all over the world, and we love to know where our members hail from.

My mother tongue is English, but I can converse (In person) in Spanish, French, and Arabic. Do not ask me to write or read them, please...

5.    What are your reasons for joining Elliquiy, and what aspects of our community are you interested in?

I have been Roleplaying for quite some time and took a hiatus for personal reasons only to find the old site I used has died. So I went on the hunt for a new spot and here we are! I will try pretty much anything roleplay wise, and have done so in the past. 

6.    Are you new to roleplaying? If so, would you like someone to help you get more involved? If not, please tell us a little about your past experiences. Regardless of your experience what are your expectations from a roleplay partner?

I have roleplayed a lot, from Slice-of-Life, to Nation RP, and everything in between. I only hope for people who can be mature and realize that this is supposed to be fun and its okay to lose once in a while!

7.    Elliquiy consists of a wide array of sexualities, personalities and enthusiasts of various kinks. How comfortable are you interacting in such a community?

Doesn't bother me one way or the other as long as you're not trying to convert me into something I'm not. 

8.    How do you feel about males writing as female characters or females writing as male characters? Please elaborate: do you do this yourself? Would you write with someone who is doing this? If you are transgender or intersex, feel free to adapt this question appropriately.

I have written both myself and really admire people who can do it well. Turns out it's not as easy as everyone thinks!

9.    Let us know about your pet peeves or other things that bother you. Fetishes you do not like, styles you cannot appreciate and attitudes that annoy you are all valid answers here.

Anime. It's the worst. Ghosting is another. Oh, and being willing to lose or suffer a setback. We're here to have fun. 

Optional Questions:

A.    Would you like to disclose your gender identity? 

I am a male. 

B.    What are some hobbies or activities you particularly enjoy? This can be anything you enjoy in your free time. For example: videogames, sports, cooking, crafts, traveling, reading, etcetera. As a large and diverse community, we often have social areas where our members can talk about their favorite things. Let us know what you like so we can better help you find boards, threads, or discussions that might interest you!

Video games (Halo, Hell Divers, City Skyline, Valheim, The Total War series. Board games are a regular thing for me. I hike, bike, swim, sail, garden, and read (A lot) - Almost all of this includes my two dogs. One is a Corgi/Shepard and the other is a Coyote/Shepard. 

C.    What would you do if a writing partner suddenly, and without prior discussion, included one of your major offs in your roleplay?

Have an ole chit chat about it to try and sort things out. If they're stuck on it, I would politely excuse myself from the roleplay.   

D.    Please describe your writing style and preferences. Information such as preferred genre, writing perspective (first, second, or third person perspective), setting, and post length are great answers.

I enjoy most anything, though I detest short answer and Discord based RP. I want to see a cool world built and a story told in flowing amazingness. 

E.    Please describe your ideal roleplaying partner and their character.

I don’t think I have an ideal partner. 

F.    As part of the application process, our members like asking fun questions of applicants. We want to get to know you and entertain you during your approval process!

F1. Please let us know if you would you prefer: fun/silly questions, writing prompts, both, or neither. If you opt out, Staff will ask you more serious questions about writing and roleplaying instead.

Fun and silly all the way!

F2. If you would like fun questions or a writing prompt, please start by treating the following as either a question, writing prompt, or character building exercise, and remember to keep it PG13: People start waking up with superpowers, but they are mostly useless. For example, the power to be immune to every third bullet, or the power to force people to do the chicken dance whenever the song is played. What would your ‘mostly useless’ power be, and how would you use it?

The ability to be invisible, in the traditional way, where you have to be stark naked to do it. 

Chasing Dreams

Welcome to E, Tuttle!

We’re so happy to have you here and can’t wait to get to know you better. During the approval process we have a bunch of things to participate in and occupy, should you choose and you can find those as well as other helpful information here. Just make sure you come back to this thread regularly to see what our lovely staff and approved members leave for you by way of greetings, questions, and so on. Just to let you know, the approval process usually takes a minimum of 24 hours up to a week depending on various factors faced by the approvals team, who are real people with real lives and real issues. It's never 100% guaranteed. Your understanding and patience is appreciated.

Please remember that before approval all posts and interactions must be kept PG-13.

So, with that under our belt, it’s very nice to meet you and I’d like to leave you with a question to get us started!

What do you feel is your best trait as a writer? On the other hand, what do you feel is your worst trait as a writer?

Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

Tuttle

Well thank you very much, Chasing Dreams! I will do my best to be a patient chap.

Now, for my best trait as a writer? I think flexibility, I don't mind changing my own plans or storyline ideas to allow someone else to have their victory or moment to shine.

My worst trait, now that's a good question. I think, if you were to talk to my previous writing amigos, they would say its the lack of proof reading before I post. It's something I've been working on improving and will continue to do so!

ZephyrInk

Hi and welcome to E!! ^_^

I have a fun question for you if you don’t mind,

If you could be a hat, which one would you be and why?

I look forward to hearing your response. Good luck on your application.

Tuttle

Thank you for the welcome! 

And if I could be any type of hat I would be the Harry Potter sorting Hat, providing I am still capable of rational and independent thought. It can read minds. Think of all the crime I could solve and future lunatics I could prevent if only I take my role seriously!!

Failing that, Captain Barbossas big old hat from Pirates of the Caribbean because, well, it's a big one.

Lila Lupin

Welcome to E!

I found you through your response to my rp thread request.

If you could be in any tv show which one would you choose?

Tuttle

I'm glad you're around to see the request.

If I could be in any TV show, oh geez. There are a number of them I would like to be in but I think I would likely get killed in the world that's been created.

If I was an Actor, probably MASH because I loved the show and apparently the cast had awesome chemistry and a good time.

If I, Tuttle right now, were to be put "into" a TV show world and could not come back to the real world it would have to be Vikings and that's only because I look enough like them to not get axe murdered immediately.

Shogun would be really cool too but I do not speak Japanese and somehow doubt I have the knowledge they would need to keep me alive. The state of things, being order, sanitation, manners, etc, does appeal to me however.

Lila Lupin

Feel free to shoot me a pm once you get approved unless you have another means with which you'd like to discuss rps since I can't respond in the actual thread without breaking bump policy.

Tuttle