Shot fired at Obama Campaign Office

Started by Vekseid, October 13, 2012, 04:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

http://www.denverpost.com/obama/ci_21761706/shot-fired-at-obama-campaign-headquarters-denver

Police say someone fired a shot at an Obama campaign field office in Denver on Friday afternoon.

No one was injured, though people were inside the office when the incident occurred, said Denver police spokeswoman Raquel Lopez.

Most prior incidents like this weren't during the 9-5 workday itself.

So, at what point will it be appropriate to ask when we can start calling out lies and violent rhetoric for what they are? When someone, finally, inevitably, dies?

Stattick

I don't think they're going to stop so long as there's a black man in The White House.
O/O   A/A

Oniya

Sadly, if Gabrielle Giffords' experience didn't change things, I'm not sure what will.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

OldSchoolGamer

This is pretty much the way it's going to be going forward...more and more.

As Kennedy said, those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable.

And please don't interpret this as a) sympathy with the rabid, mostly racist anti-Obama fanatics, or b) an endorsement of violence as the way to go.  I'm just calling it as I see it.  The Forbes 400 and their two-party monopoly, corporate state controlled media, and the Electoral College system mean our votes don't really count for anything.  The only "alternatives" permitted by the system are voting for

a) less freedom, more disparity of wealth and bigger government, or
b) bigger government, less freedom, and more disparity of wealth

So, until we restore true choice to our system, and create viable "c" and "d" choices that aren't just taking the words of "a" and "b" and shuffling them around, people who believe in a "c" and "d" will, increasingly, turn to violence as the only method they have to change anything.  Sad, but true.

WildCat

Quote from: Oniya on October 13, 2012, 11:18:51 AM
Sadly, if Gabrielle Giffords' experience didn't change things, I'm not sure what will.
this is pretty much what I was thinking.
ONS and OFFS: Make Wildcat purr
Absence: Where's the cheshire Cat?

Don't want to lose track of crossrealms and my room

Callie Del Noire

As bad as it sounds, I think you get acts like this every election year. I'm willing to bet that the secret service does as much work on crank mail/statements on the election years as they do on tax fraud. If not a little more. I have a DISTANT cousin who used to investigate both, till he got fed up and applied to the FBI.

Nothing like not being able to persecute the folks he found. (Apparently if the tax check is UNDER something like 5 grand.. the government won't prosecute (or cant))

So he'd walk up to this or that house, knock on the door and ask them did they alter their tax check..and the resident would go 'Yeah..so." and then he'd have to walk off an know nothing comes of it.