Resident Evil: After Life Coming Sept. 10th

Started by Marguerite, June 23, 2010, 06:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marguerite

Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D Trailer [HD]

One more thing I am excited to see in September. The franchise may have gotten off task somewhere, but I love horror movies and I want to see what Alice is up to now.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Paladin

0_0 Marg, I'd hug you for showing me this if I thought you'd let me. Now I want it to be september.... and fast!

Marguerite

Quote from: Paladin on June 23, 2010, 06:15:57 PM
0_0 Marg, I'd hug you for showing me this if I thought you'd let me. Now I want it to be september.... and fast!

You can hug me and they even are bringing a few more of characters from the Resident Evil games into the actual movie.

-Puts the movie in her planner-

Avi

Ah, it looks like they're bringing Las Plagas and Uroboros into the mix.  *crosses fingers for a Leon Kennedy appearance*
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Paladin

Quote from: Marguerite on June 23, 2010, 06:19:37 PM
You can hug me and they even are bringing a few more of characters from the Resident Evil games into the actual movie.

-Puts the movie in her planner-

*HUGS TIGHT* Thank you Marg! This has singlehandedly brightened my day!

Marguerite

Quote from: Paladin on June 23, 2010, 06:32:04 PM
*HUGS TIGHT* Thank you Marg! This has singlehandedly brightened my day!

Here is a list of individuals who are a part of this movie.

Quote* Milla Jovovich as Alice and clones: The primary protagonist  who was previously tracked down by the Umbrella Corporation and captured in order to develop a serum from her blood.[3]  In the film she will settle her score with the Umbrella Corporation.[4]
    * Ali Larter as Claire Redfield: Based on the video game character that plays a prominent role in Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil Code: Veronica, and in the 2008 film Resident Evil: Degeneration.[2]
    * Wentworth Miller as Chris Redfield: Based on the video game character. Claire's brother.[5]
    * Sienna Guillory as Jill Valentine: Based on the video game character. Guillory will reprise her role as Jill, seen last in Resident Evil: Apocalypse.[6]
    * Shawn Roberts as Albert Wesker: Based on the video game character, he is a prominent antagonist in many of the video games. In the film, he is the Chairman of Umbrella. His office is in Tokyo, Japan, and he has regular meetings with the committee members through holographic technology.[5]
    * Spencer Locke as K-Mart: Named after the department store she was found in, K-Mart was a member of Claire Redfield's convoy of remaining survivors.[5]
    * Boris Kodjoe as Luther West: An ex-pro basketball player and the leader of the survivors of Los Angeles. Kodjoe trained for six weeks and did his own stunts. He dislocated his knee in the course of filming while trying to kick in a gate.[7]
    * Kim Coates as Bennett[8]
    * Kacey Barnfield as Crystal[8]
    * Sergio Peris-Mencheta as Angel Ortiz[9]
    * Norman Yeung as Kim Yong

Paladin

Oh Fuck yes! CHRIS!!!!!!!! THere bringing in CHris!!!!!

MabFaerie

I'm more of a Claire fan myself.
My first resident evil game was the second, followed by code veronica. Before backtracking to the ones with jill and the rest.
I always had a soft spot for Claire <3 She was so kickass.
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

Paladin

Quote from: MabFaerie on June 23, 2010, 06:53:35 PM
I'm more of a Claire fan myself.
My first resident evil game was the second, followed by code veronica. Before backtracking to the ones with jill and the rest.
I always had a soft spot for Claire <3 She was so kickass.

Ofcourse! She was Chris's little sister after all. ;)

Avi

Still no Leon though.  *mutters*  In my opinion, he's the better of the two main male protagonists.  Of course, that could be because I started out with Resident Evil 2.  Is there any particular reason why they won't bring him into the film series?

Paladin

Quote from: Avi on June 23, 2010, 07:41:40 PM
Still no Leon though.  *mutters*  In my opinion, he's the better of the two main male protagonists.  Of course, that could be because I started out with Resident Evil 2.  Is there any particular reason why they won't bring him into the film series?

Oh no, I wouldn't call him better, but he is ON PAR with chris. They each have their nich. Still chris is the one thats a supersoldier thanks to his infection. He basically like wesker.

Mr Self Destruct

The fourth movie and they're FINALLY bringing in mainstream video game characters.  About freakin' time.

Paladin

Quote from: Dark Clown on June 23, 2010, 10:43:38 PM
The fourth movie and they're FINALLY bringing in mainstream video game characters.  About freakin' time.

Clair and Jill were Mainstream

Stan'

Ugh, they're getting worse.

Oh God.  They're actually getting worse.

I remember hearing rumours that the 4th one was going to be a re-boot?  What happened?

Why is Alice still in them?  Although it is nice to see more familiar characters, but will they be done justice?

As soon as Alice was re-introduced in the second film after about fifteen minutes, Jill was pushed so far in to the background, you'd forget she was even in the film.

Paladin

Quote from: Stan' on June 24, 2010, 08:02:18 AM
Ugh, they're getting worse.

Oh God.  They're actually getting worse.

I remember hearing rumours that the 4th one was going to be a re-boot?  What happened?

Why is Alice still in them?  Although it is nice to see more familiar characters, but will they be done justice?

Give it a chance man. Its its own storyline.

Leo

When I saw the first movie, I thought "Nice work screwing up a great story". But then, I watched it again and took it with a grain of salt and you know what? I liked it. It's not great, but it's good. So I watched the following movies and enjoyed them too. However, I was never hyped about any of the movies at all. I mean, I could have done without them too. Like I didn't care to watch the last one until long after its release.

To comment on the favorite character thing, Chris has always been my #1 character... until Resident Evil 5. In Resident Evil 5, I simply loved Albert Wesker. Despite certain cliché traits and moments of the character, he was a quality nemesis and mastermind in his own right. Although I'm partly saddened that we're not likely to see him again in the future games, dying is the peak of a villain's career and mostly what makes him/her great. The only villain who's great without dying is Doomsday in Superman -and even he can get boring sometimes.

So anyway, I hope this movie will be as great as it looks to me. When I saw Albert Wesker in the trailer, I had a nerdgasm. :D
I'm not new. I just... lurk...

Ramael

I'm not sure how I feel about A Perfect Circle being used for the soundtrack.

Probably feel the same as I did about them being used for the Constantine soundtrack.

Until they put in a shady grinning cockney in a cloak going "Allo, stranger" to the main characters, I'm not watching.

Still, though, nice concept. From the trailer, though, I don't understand why an attack on Umbrella HQ would be sensible. Unless they're holding "teh antidowt" of course. I hope it's not that simple/cheesey.

Leo

Been a while since I last saw the movies, but as far as I recall, the point is not saving the world or anything. They are trying to find shelter, to survive. I can think of two logical reasons two attack Umbrella :

1. Their HQ is the safest place on earth. Taking over it would ensure survival, plus they are likely to find the resources and the equipment to secure a perimeter on the surface and thus live outside with the sunshine and all that sh*t, if they feel the need to live outside. Or they could try to use Umbrella's resources to destroy most/all of the bio-weapons and the infected through a tactical approach. In any case, HQ is a place worth risking your life for.

2. Umbrella turned Alice into a test subject, cloned her like a damn mouse and treated her like one too. The others? How about their entire world got destroyed by Umbrella? Considering the fact, as stated above, that Umbrella also holds the only places they can survive, they have every reason to go and shoot the hell out of that HQ.

No?

Ramael

Yeah exactly - like I said, I don't get any of that from the trailer. Takes a fan like you to explain it to me - trailer fail, IMO.

The bad guy with the sunglasses seems pretty lame, too. Is there some valid excuse for his Matrix-ripoff abilities?

Leo

He's a character that's made appearance in pretty much every game, Albert Wesker. Originally an Umbrella 'creation' and operative, he used T-Virus (with the help of William Birkin, if I'm not mistaken) to enhance himself into a bio-weapon in human form. Hence his superhuman abilities.

But to comment on your approach to the whole thing, I'd like to give you an example :

Old Turkish movies are mostly lacking 99% of what logic stands for. They are also so unrealistic, you might as well categorize them all as comedy. One of the actors of that era in Turkish cinema, Cüneyt Arkın, did most of what Neo did about 20-30 years before Matrix. Does that make Neo a rip-off too? ;)

Ramael

Lol - did Cuneyt also do it whilst wearing predominantly black and sunglasses, dodging bullets using very similar cinematography to Joel Silver, backwards flips in slow motion...no, didn't think so. We both know exactly what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I think this says all I need to know about this movie's originality. "The movie makes money..." onwards, seems that cash is the sole motivation for this installment. Besides that, TvTropes has this somewhat scathing page reserved for the Resi Evil film franchise. And we all know TvTropes is god.

I'll bow out of this thread now before I turn it into a flamewar and leave it to the fans who just want some dumb popcorn entertainment, but I think most people know it's nothing more than that.

Leo

C'mon Ramael, I ain't gonna get mad at you because you don't like Resident Evil. Besides, I don't even think the movies are much good at all. They are just dumb time killing popcorn entertainment... I wouldn't even go to the cinema for them, rather wait for torrents of DVD rips.

Sure, I like the series. But beyond Albert Wesker, Resident Evil died at Code : Veronica. It's not even horror anymore, just action. I'm hyped because I like the character and he's in the movie, that's all. Maybe he's not original, maybe he's lame... But I like him as a villain, so sue me! :-)

Wolfy

SPOILERS.

Albert Wesker also died in Resident Evil 5, by being shot by not one, but TWO RPG's...WHILE IN A F*CKING VOLCANO. (And I don't mean standing on some piss-poor piece of land. The f*cker was actually IN THE DAMN LAVA and still alive!)

Stan'

I've stopped liking Resident Evil games since Code: Veronica X.  The original three were fantastic, really takes me back.  The moment you discover that Wesker was working with Umbrella all along was mind-blowing, and he really should have died in the first one.  Well, he did.  Until they ret-conned it.  Either he was murdered by the Tyrant, or escaped to the self-destruct room and was killed by those Chimera-things.

Code: Veronica X was a transitional game, and when it started to get silly.  The fourth one was a really good game, but it wasn't the kind of Resident Evil I knew.  I wish they went back to Raccoon City, and got rid of these super-human characters.

Ramael

Quote from: Leo on June 25, 2010, 10:25:15 AM
C'mon Ramael, I ain't gonna get mad at you because you don't like Resident Evil. Besides, I don't even think the movies are much good at all. They are just dumb time killing popcorn entertainment... I wouldn't even go to the cinema for them, rather wait for torrents of DVD rips.

Sure, I like the series. But beyond Albert Wesker, Resident Evil died at Code : Veronica. It's not even horror anymore, just action. I'm hyped because I like the character and he's in the movie, that's all. Maybe he's not original, maybe he's lame... But I like him as a villain, so sue me! :-)

*high fives from beyond the thread*

Leo

Quote from: Wolfy on June 25, 2010, 10:32:13 AM
SPOILERS.

Albert Wesker also died in Resident Evil 5, by being shot by not one, but TWO RPG's...WHILE IN A F*CKING VOLCANO. (And I don't mean standing on some piss-poor piece of land. The f*cker was actually IN THE DAMN LAVA and still alive!)

I stopped expecting logic from Japanese people and accepted their fiction as it is a very, very long time ago. :D

Wolfy

Quote from: Stan' on June 25, 2010, 10:37:37 AM
I've stopped liking Resident Evil games since Code: Veronica X.  The original three were fantastic, really takes me back.  The moment you discover that Wesker was working with Umbrella all along was mind-blowing, and he really should have died in the first one.  Well, he did.  Until they ret-conned it.  Either he was murdered by the Tyrant, or escaped to the self-destruct room and was killed by those Chimera-things.

Code: Veronica X was a transitional game, and when it started to get silly.  The fourth one was a really good game, but it wasn't the kind of Resident Evil I knew.  I wish they went back to Raccoon City, and got rid of these super-human characters.

Yes. Story was a good.

Gameplay, however, was not. So very, VERY not.

Leo

Quote from: Wolfy on June 25, 2010, 10:43:19 AM
Yes. Story was a good.

Gameplay, however, was not. So very, VERY not.

You mean up till 3/Veronica? Or after?

Wolfy

Resident Evil 4 and 5 had superb Gameplay.

The rest didn't.

Now if Only they could remake RE 1-3 with RE4's gameplay....

Avi

Quote from: Wolfy on June 25, 2010, 10:46:58 AM

Now that I would love to see.  It wouldn't be so hard, I think, and they *know* that there would be plenty of people who would scramble to get that version.

Leo

Quote from: Wolfy on June 25, 2010, 10:46:58 AM
Resident Evil 4 and 5 had superb Gameplay.

The rest didn't.

I won't skip facts for the sake of "defending my turf" as a fanboy... Yes, gameplay is awesome in 4 & 5, particularly 5. But each game is great in its own generation. 1st generation was full of games with crappy gameplay. Even Tomb Raider 4 (the legendary, evolutionary, epic Tomb Raider title, yes!) seems so simple in a bad way and unfriendly to the player now, after playing the latest tomb Raider games.

I sometimes run the emulator on my pc and play old PlayStation games, still got Resident Evil 2. After 5, it's a pain to play some parts of the game, but as I said, each was great in its own time. Think of it as fashion, developers give the community what majority favors at that time. Past few years, it's been action, action and more action. Horror and turn-based combat is almost completely dead.

Dunnuck

I have no hope for this movie. First Resident Evil was good...second was ok...third was ass. It got progressively worse...this movie might be terrible. Especially since it is filmed in 3D. 3D is becoming annoying...

Paladin

Quote from: Dunnuck on July 04, 2010, 09:54:54 AM
I have no hope for this movie. First Resident Evil was good...second was ok...third was ass. It got progressively worse...this movie might be terrible. Especially since it is filmed in 3D. 3D is becoming annoying...

Its also filmed in Regular man. Give it a chance.

darkangel76

Well, I personally cannot wait for this flick! It'll be the highlight of my September. XD

Paladin

Quote from: darkangel76 on July 04, 2010, 11:08:45 PM
Well, I personally cannot wait for this flick! It'll be the highlight of my September. XD

I don't expect THAT much out of it. For me that will be what comes out this week. (PREDATORS) but I still expect it to be rather good.

darkangel76

Quote from: Paladin on July 04, 2010, 11:15:22 PM
I don't expect THAT much out of it. For me that will be what comes out this week. (PREDATORS) but I still expect it to be rather good.

Unfortunately, I don't get out to the movies as much as I used to. So yes... it'll be my September highlight. lol. I expect it to be entertaining and that's all I ask for. :)

And I agree, Predators does look like it'll be rather good.

LIAR

Quote from: Marguerite on June 23, 2010, 06:07:37 PM
The franchise may have gotten off task somewhere, but I love horror movies and I want to see what Alice is up to now.

Yeah, they're way off track but these zombie-esque movies are a guilty pleasure and I'll be watching it =]

Leo

Marguerite

They have started to show the trailer on television now. I did not even realize Kim Coates from Sons of Anarchy is in it. Damn.

chanellelynn

Ive been playing Resident evil since the first one came out and I must say, I unfortunately have not played Nemesis or Resident evil 5.
Im very used to the main characters such as Jill, Chris, Wesker, Leon, and Claire. Seeing more characters that this movie has produced really gave me a feel for how much diversity can go into this series. Im one of those Glass half full people so i never truely hate a movie, I still find the uniqueness of the Resident Evil Movie series quite fancinating. The only movie from all of them I tend to shy away from is the first, just because it confused me a lot when I was younger. Now that there are more I can connect them all in my head and truely see what they are saying.
Though , what I didnt like was the rumors that the new resident evil was going to be 3d like animation. When I heard that I prayed to God that it wasnt true. Now that Ive seen the trailers im wiping the sweat from my forehead .
Has anyone noticed like me that her hair changes in every movie? lol.

Leo

Quote from: chanellelynn on July 28, 2010, 01:38:59 PM
Has anyone noticed like me that her hair changes in every movie? lol.

It's the movies, characters are never the same. Only Chuck Norris is immune to change.

What really is funny, pointless and confusing is why Jill Valentine got a complete reboot in RE5... you should see it, it's a disgrace considering how pretty Jill Valentine was in the previous games. Between Sheva and Excella, she's a horrid creature...

Paladin

Quote from: Leo on July 28, 2010, 04:18:55 PM
It's the movies, characters are never the same. Only Chuck Norris is immune to change.

What really is funny, pointless and confusing is why Jill Valentine got a complete reboot in RE5... you should see it, it's a disgrace considering how pretty Jill Valentine was in the previous games. Between Sheva and Excella, she's a horrid creature...

Well thats your opinion my friend. I think she looks good now.

chanellelynn

I loved Jills outfit and look in nemesis, I just wish the actress didnt portray her as such a bitch. Sure, thats how it was written and that she is bitter to the fact Stars was framed for what happened the mansion but really, I loved the innocent nature she had before.
I do recognize she dearly cares for her friends and shows that compassion from time to time in the second movie.

Leo

Dunnuck

There is a 3D animation one its called Resident Evil: Degeneration.

And I personally dislike the second and third movie. They packed more and more bullshit as it went on. It's no longer "watch out, theres zombies! we may die!", now its "hey look! targets!". Its BS. Also how the characters from the game take a back seat to a new bullshit character made for the movies. the series is basically an homage to the game.

Leo

Well, as a person who's read LOTR books, I can say the movies are totaly crap on a story basis... But they are still great movies on a movie basis.

You can't make a movie out of a game without changing it. I admit it's gone through a complete reboot on its way to the big screen, but it's not all that crap... or so I think.

chanellelynn

It looks like they did a great job in a movie sense, gave the resident evil a whole new look and real world feel to it. I can see some of the rediculous behind it all but it still is a good movie series in the end.
I did appreciate how they decided to add in the game's characters and gave them a future and a destination in it as well. Sometimes you just have to know, what happened to them? Where did they go from here?

Silk

For the leon lovers in movies, don't you remeber the Anime rez evil movie: Degeneration, it was pretty much all Leon and claire

On topic I'm very much looking forward to this

Cythieus

I hope Chris punches some boulders loose somewhere.