Some random questions...

Started by Beorning, March 06, 2013, 05:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

This is why American travelers carry those electrical adapters.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beorning

That explains a lot. If you don't have 230 V in a standard outlet, it's easier to understand why installing a washing machine might be a problem...

Chris Brady

Quote from: Cyrano Johnson on March 11, 2013, 03:38:49 PM
They'd make a fine pair of action anti-heroes: Lawless & Coffin.

I feel an idea coming on...
Stolen.  *Absconds with*
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Cyrano Johnson

Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Lilias

Quote from: Beorning on March 11, 2013, 04:12:20 PM
That explains a lot. If you don't have 230 V in a standard outlet, it's easier to understand why installing a washing machine might be a problem...

And this is why in Greece we can have them without a problem (it's 220V everywhere). Don't even need a drain; my mum used to hook the hose over the edge of the bathtub and collect the rinse water to do hand-washing in. And with balconies everywhere and 300+ days of sunshine a year, dryers are redundant.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Oniya

Heh.  The dryer half of our set-up arrived late, so I strung a line up in the back yard.  Doesn't do me much good in the winter, but I might consider using it in the summer again to save the electric bill.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Avis habilis

I suppose you could still freeze-dry stuff. But then you would have to bring it back into the house & beat the ice out with a hammer or something before you could put it away.

Beorning

I have strings in my bathroom. It's so warm in there everything dries up very quickly...

Oniya

Bathroom isn't big enough for three people's-worth of laundry unless I washed daily - at which point the water bill would make up for the saved electric.

MusicNoteAngel

Some apartment complexes do not even have washer/dryer hook up built into the unit so even if you had your own and could fit them in the unit, there is no where to hook them up at. I lived in a one bedroom like this. Plenty of space and i had a set but the landlord would not put the installation stuff in for us to use them and did not provide community units.
As beautiful as a musical melody...