Labyrinth:The Race to Survive (Un-Con, Exotic)

Started by undisclosedtoyou, January 29, 2009, 01:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Labyrinth

Movie Plot:Sarah accidentally wishes her baby half-brother, Toby, away to the Goblin King Jareth who will keep Toby if Sarah does not complete his Labyrinth in 13 hours.

Game Idea: I was watching this vid on Labyrinth and since I have always been a great fan of that movie, it gave me a great idea.  I wanted to make a game about a 18 year old human girl named Sarah(yes I know it's unoriginal to use the same name) who was blessed with the love of the goblin king; who watches over her and protects her, her whole life.  This is of course unknown to her, who lives with her Aunt and uncle in a small town in wales.  One day while drawing on the rocks near the sea she falls into the water and drowns.  The goblin king unable to see her die gives her an alternative to death, he proposes that she enter his labyrinth and make her way to his castle in the middle.  If she makes it she will become his queen and wife, ruling along side him.  But if she loses she will die.  Accepting his proposition she is thrust into a surreal fantasy world where nothing is what it seems, and there is danger at every turn.

I would like for there to be a lot of characters, as there will be many possible spots open. 

Characters:  Other than Sarah and the King, there are a lot of other characters that are open to be taken.  Okay I'm sure a lot of people have seen labyrinth, and know that in the movie the goblins are puppet like beings.  But in this game, I want the goblins to be humanoid in nature, and to be quite attractive and powerful.  They can have any power they like, but they cannot be too overwhelmingly powerful, some flaws are nice thank you.  This game is meant to have a lot of intrigue, political, and fantasy context. 

There will be those who do not want her as their queen and will go to all lengths to stop her from reaching the castle.  And there will be a faction of individuals who are loyal to the king and will be her ally, or even those who do not want her to be their queen can in time come to like and support her.  As you see this wont be just a regular, girl in a labyrinth story.  So I hope to generate a lot of interest in this game.

Needed:  This game will need a GM, because well I'm not really good at it (unfortunatly) or I would do it.

List of Characters:  There could be more or less characters than the slots provided.

Sarah:Undisclosedtoyou
Goblin king: Jareth:Daylily
Goblin guard for Sarah:Cloie:Strangelildedgrl
Goblin:Tiernan, Lord of the Drowned:Eden
Goblin:Mhanythian:wolfsinger

Labyrinth:The Race to Survive (character bio)

Labyrinth:The Race to Survive (OOC)

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Muse

You didn't put a tag on this, m'lady.  Are you wanting any sexual content in it at all? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

undisclosedtoyou

wow can't believe that I did that.  Thank you Sir Muse for pointing this out to me.  I do want sexual content in this story.  It would be Un-Con Exotic.  I'll put the tag on now.

*smiles*
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

thewhiterabbit

Are you open to any other non-goblin (non-human) characters? I would be willing to join if so.

thewhiterabbit

undisclosedtoyou

hmmm would depend on what kind of character it was really.  What did you have in mind?  and yups once you get approved
*smiles*
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

thewhiterabbit

Remember the fairy that bit Sarah? I'd love to be one of those, preferably one that might be able to change her given size to a more human one from time to time (for obvious reasons) though I would likely favor the natural fairy size in general RP.

Nadir

I'd like to play, but instead of a goblin or Jareth himself, I'd like to play something like Jareth but with lesser power.

When I use to write fanfic, I devised this thing - Jareth is a magical being who is ethereally beautiful and can turn into an owl. It made sense that he was the child of Bloduwedd, (this is an actual Welsh myth) a woman constructed from flowers and given to a human to be his wife... she contrived to kill him and was turned into an owl. So, I was thinking to make a servant/guard who also has the shapeshifter abilities, or maybe full blooded fey who look down on Jareth for having this 'weaker' blood.

I also had gold golems, like the ones seen serving in the ballroom scene.

What do you think?   

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: thewhiterabbit on February 19, 2009, 07:25:32 PM
Remember the fairy that bit Sarah? I'd love to be one of those, preferably one that might be able to change her given size to a more human one from time to time (for obvious reasons) though I would likely favor the natural fairy size in general RP.

if you wish to play that character than your wish is granted.

*smiles*

Quote from: Eden on February 19, 2009, 07:54:58 PM
I'd like to play, but instead of a goblin or Jareth himself, I'd like to play something like Jareth but with lesser power.

When I use to write fanfic, I devised this thing - Jareth is a magical being who is ethereally beautiful and can turn into an owl. It made sense that he was the child of Bloduwedd, (this is an actual Welsh myth) a woman constructed from flowers and given to a human to be his wife... she contrived to kill him and was turned into an owl. So, I was thinking to make a servant/guard who also has the shapeshifter abilities, or maybe full blooded fey who look down on Jareth for having this 'weaker' blood.

I also had gold golems, like the ones seen serving in the ballroom scene.

What do you think?   

I like the archetype of the character you have, but the overal description of jareth would have to be decided by the one who plays jareth, but it could be worked out. 

and the gold golems are perfect.  so yeshhhhh

I'm happy to have you both in this game
*giggles and curtsies*
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

thewhiterabbit

undisclosedtoyou

sooo yay I thought no one was ever going to get interested in this gameeee

*sniffle*

but I'm happy now that ppl. want to play.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

thewhiterabbit

And I'm even approved now. ^^

You're talking to someone who memorized the movie. I have some original promo pieces in my closet somewhere. Yeah, I'm a fan....

(Though I -do- have a deep seated hatred for Sarah.)

undisclosedtoyou

oooohhhh Congratulations on being approved!!!!

lol wow, yesh I can see how big a fan you are of Labyrinth..although I don't think anyone could blame you, it's friggen awesome!

(and yeshhhh I do to... I HATED her...who wouldn't go with Jareth?  And who would be as stupid as she was during most of the scenes she was in....erg)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Nadir

Did you guys notice she said the wrong lines at the end?

undisclosedtoyou

*gasp*  I did not notice!

wow another reason to watch the movie again...although I don't really need a reason lol.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Muse

I would like to participate in this story. 

As a playes, say, an adversary trying to come between Sarah and Jareth, would it be a matter of constant participation so much as timed? 

If I were actualy to step up and volunteer to GM, what would my dutties be in that regaurds? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

undisclosedtoyou

I like the character idea you have for yourself, and hmmmm I never really thought about that, can you elaborate on what you mean by either, constant or timed?

andd hmmm The GM would have to make sure the story progresses and throw in some things once in a while to create certain situations like hmmm it could be something bad, like for an example someone comes in and tries to kill a character, or it could be good.  I don't think it would be anything too hard, it would be up to the persons preferences and things.  I'm just not very good at being a GM or I would do it.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

thewhiterabbit

Username: thewhiterabbit

Name: Lilith

Relationship to Sarah & Jareth: Neutral, deliberately unhelpful, even dangerously so

Age Equivalent: 23

Bio: Raised among the stone walls of the Labyrinth, fairies have long kept their own consul. Lilith was taken in by the community at large after an unknown creature, thought by some to be Hoggle, killed her parents. It had been their anniversary and they had simply left to enjoy their own company. In the end the only evidence found was their bodies, laying on the ground bent and broken. It was said her mothers wings had been twitching uncontrollably, speared through her lungs- leaving her to stare at her dead love, breathing her own blood until she was found. There was nothing that could be done for them.

Lilith was only 2 then. Since that day she has prospered under their care. She spends most of her time in peace, going where she will unmolested. She knows the labyrinth better than many and knows how to avoid those pitfalls that others might find. For her parents lives she harbors a grudge against all things not of her own species. She takes a special sort of pride in harming others whenever she can. It is a mark of honor to her- vengeance for the innocent blood they, the outsiders, spill.

Alignment: Lawful Evil

<_< Eh, that's the best I've got right now.

Nadir

undisclosedtoyou

oooh very nice character.

*smile*

Quote from: Eden on February 24, 2009, 11:01:00 AM
Oh - question, why does Sarah have a guard?

ooh and it's not really a guard, just a name for a companion in the Labyrinth, I just wrote in guard at the moment.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Nadir

Ahh, like Hoggle? That could be fun! *ponders* Maybe a water spirit...

*tinkers*

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Nadir

What should we mention in the way of profile? I know the generic stuff - name, appearance, history - but anything in particular? Could you make one for Sarah so I can have an idea on how to construct mine?

undisclosedtoyou

Okies, I just got this character sheet, that would work wonders for this game....I'll need to fill it out, and than create a character bio thread for this game.

Here's the character bio thread

Labyrinth:The Race to Survive (character bio)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

undisclosedtoyou

Yups still looking for Jareth.  Interested?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

The Dark Raven

Yep :-)

Say, can you send me a PM so I can have a running list of what i'm currently plotting?  i'm making an index so i know what my brain is doing. :-)

I'm about to hop out of the forums for the afternoon so I can work on my "professional" writing...I'm an amateur tho...lol

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

undisclosedtoyou

No problem

*PM being sent*

And good luck with your writing, may your muse be in a good mood today.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Muse

Hm... 

Well, if the pace is moderate, I would like to play.  My computer should be back sometime next week.  It's clear, though, as I come to understand what my schedual will be like, that I can't be a GM/Facilitator, though the way I'm wanting to set myself up as a major player who sends minions is almost as time consuming.  ^_^;; 

Ladies, do you apreciate shape shifters and metamorphs, or does that take wierd one step too far? 

undisclosedtoyou

well we only have around three to four characters so mmm it might not start for a while, but it should be moderate I think.  And lol your one ambitious muse lol.

it's fine with me, not weird in the slightest.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Nadir

My character's a shapeshifter, actually, Muse - though he can only be a human or a horse. ^_^

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

wolfsinger

Interested in a Female Goblin, a rival of Sarah for Jareth's attentions? *Grins* A sort of. . . Evil Goblin Princess hell bent on ruining Sarah's chances of getting to the castle?

Love is cruelty. Cruelty is pain. Pain is Pleasure. Pleasure is love.
My Characters, Plots, and O/o
My Sex Map

undisclosedtoyou

ooh interesting.

I will be more than happy to talk about it with you once you get approved.  So come tell us when you are.

and I hope your liking E so far.

*smiles*

Here's to a speedy approval.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

wolfsinger

Yes, yes, and yes, thank you. ^_^ I'll definately do that. I'm sure Daylily will remind me, if I even forget. <3 Didn't realize she was in on this thread. *Conspiritorial snicker* <3 See ya'll soon! :D

My Sex Map

The Dark Raven

She just likes me for my Jareth-bits.  XD

And I'm gonna make a bio for Jarenth tomorrow evening :-)

wolfsinger

Pish and rubbish! I love you for your evil twisty evilness that works oh so well with my own! And the smut. *sagenod* Love the smut. :P

My Sex Map

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: daylily on March 18, 2009, 10:27:20 PM

And I'm gonna make a bio for Jarenth tomorrow evening :-)

Oooh looking forward to your character write up than.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Nadir

Awww, everyone's against Sarah. ^w^ Fun stuffs!

Does anyone have an objection to my character trying his hardest to get in everyones pants or *cough* tights? He has that man-slut feel in my head, so I might as well ask now as later. *grins* Not that he'll be successful, just persistent.   

undisclosedtoyou

No problem with it on my side, and seeing as we have a good number to start off with, I'm going to create and OOC thread right now.

*smiles*
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

The Dark Raven

Slightly confused.  Was going to work on Jareth, but the link to the sheet is not working for me.  What would you like in the info for him and i will do it the old fashioned way..... :-)

undisclosedtoyou

that's odd it's working for me.  Try

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=31465.0

And if that doesn't work it's in NC:Exotic free form small groups.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

The Dark Raven

I get a certificate error, navigation blocked.  Huh, mebbe this is a Veks question. ><

Nezahualquentzin

You should have the option to 'Continue on to Website'. It will take a little while to get you there that way, but it will get you there.

undisclosedtoyou

It might be a question to ask a goddess or even maybe Veks himself, or Nezahualquentzin's suggestion might work.  If it's not working than pm me and I'll send you the bio sheet, and you can pm your character sheet, that I would than post in the proper thread.

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

The Dark Raven

Once I bookmarked the thread its been happy with me...also...I upgraded to firefox. :-)

undisclosedtoyou

oooh yay.  I've had firefox for years now, and know it's way better. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Muse

After many moons of wandering lost without internet acess, I have at last come home. 

i'm still looking forewards to joining you, though it may take me a bit, I have so much to catch up on. 

May i have a whimsical warrior elf maid named Black Cherry sent by Jareth to help Sarah make it to him as well? 

She is of couse no match for the ectoplasmic lord of fear and lechery Vhaeredoon, a goblin prince who aspires to Jareth's position and attains his greatest power over people when they hover on the razor edge of ecctacy between fear and pleasure.  That's the kind of alluring terror of a nightmare he is.  (Of course, he has a love hate relationship with the vampires he created, given that they alternately do his job so very well and make a mockery of him.) 

wolfsinger

Welcome back Muse. . . Hmmmmm. . . Perhaps your evil Vhaeredoon could be a sibling to my Mhanythian? The goblin "princess" who is in love with Jareth? Perhaps a bit of bribery, incest. . . Lovely little things those. *Grins* Whatcha think?

My Sex Map

undisclosedtoyou

oooohhh I like your character idea Muse, just fill out the character sheet and I'll love it.

Once all the character bio's are done I'll set a date for the opening of this game.

*smiles*

I'm thinking that my character is going to be very very interested and confused in this new world lol.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Muse

*Bows*  I do very much like that idea, my lady. 

Strangelildedgrl

My heart fluttered when I saw this thread.  I am horribly in love with the movie "Labyrinth" (to the point of immortalizing Jareth on my back).  As soon as I gain approval, I would love to join the game.  I view Jareth having a whipping girl, one he would release his tensions on as all the obstacles keep his beloved Sarah from his arms.  I would desire playing this girl, if you feel that there is a place for that kind of character.  If not, there are several other goblinesque creatures I'm sure I could fill the shoes of, even if I would have to help that silly girl Sarah (gah, give up a chance to live forever with Jareth...fool!) get to Jareth.

The Dark Raven

We'll talk when you've gotten through the approval process.  Good luck!

undisclosedtoyou

Yups, make sure to tell us when your approved so you can join in. Good luck and I hope you get approved soon.

*Alrights off to check out the character bio thread.*
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Strangelildedgrl

Okies...all approved...can i play, please???

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Strangelildedgrl on March 27, 2009, 03:35:24 PM
Okies...all approved...can i play, please???

Yups all you have to do is create a character bio in the character thread, there should be a link in the first post.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Strangelildedgrl on March 24, 2009, 11:43:18 AM
My heart fluttered when I saw this thread.  I am horribly in love with the movie "Labyrinth" (to the point of immortalizing Jareth on my back).  As soon as I gain approval, I would love to join the game.  I view Jareth having a whipping girl, one he would release his tensions on as all the obstacles keep his beloved Sarah from his arms.  I would desire playing this girl, if you feel that there is a place for that kind of character.  If not, there are several other goblinesque creatures I'm sure I could fill the shoes of, even if I would have to help that silly girl Sarah (gah, give up a chance to live forever with Jareth...fool!) get to Jareth.

Lol I should have said this before, since the character you want to play is dependent on The person who is playing Jareth than it's up to them no me.  But in general I would prefer if you played something else.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Strangelildedgrl

kk...i'll come up with something...just not right as of now...hehe...too early

The Dark Raven

As I play Jareth, I'd actually prefer a different character to be played (beside the fact that another player has already claimed a similar character, and it is someone I know and trust).  There are a myriad of characters existing in the Labyrinth, and all do not have to be after Jareth...

I do understand that David Bowie is both hot and kickass, but not everyone in the Labyrinth loves him, or even likes him.  He's a pain, egotistical, and cruel.  He wants Sarah because he can't have her.  He is not a good person...lol

Strangelildedgrl

I am sorry that i didn't realize a similar character was already listed.  (and i'm sorry that ya don't trust me... :-(   )  I wouldn't have suggested it.  If I cannot come up with some viable character within the next day, I'll back off the game.  Every game deserves to have top notch characters, and if I can't come up with one worthy, I'll sit back and at least read the adventure.  :-)

The Dark Raven

*grin*  It's an issue of the fact I've known wolfsinger for 6 years. :-)  I'd love for you to find a character you can play, so that I can see how your writing style flows. :)

undisclosedtoyou

oooh by al means create a great character, I would like to see your writing style to.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Strangelildedgrl

Gah, so I'm really workin on something...but clubbing got the best of me tonight...I should so be in bed right now!  I'll try to get something up tomorrow...swear!

undisclosedtoyou

it's all good, the game isn't going to start until every ones profiles are up so it seems that you have some time for now.

*smile*
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Strangelildedgrl

Okay, ladies...I did it!  I actually came up with someone who's on both of their sides without wanting either one...but left it open for those who do want either one to really mess with me...I will even offer to be Sarah's guard with this character, as it will benefit her goal as much as Sarah and Jareth's.

I hope you all like!

undisclosedtoyou

I liked your character

*smiles*

*update*

We only need one more profile and than we can get started. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

wolfsinger

My Sex Map

The Dark Raven

I think she means me. *g*

I am working on him as we speak ;-)

wolfsinger

Oh well. <.< of course she means you. Can't start the game without Jareth. <.< >.> Just thought that you'd finished him already when I posted that. <.< >.> <3 ^_~

My Sex Map

The Dark Raven

Now he's done to the best of my ability. ;-)  If I think up more during play I will edit. :-)

And you....yes you.  Wake up. <3

wolfsinger

I'm awake! I'm awake! Whar be JOO! eh? :P *licks*

My Sex Map

The Dark Raven

*wails*  Receptionist is out for the afternoon, so I'm on the phones and not on my laptop *pouts*  cant get to AIM.

Writie?  *g*  We can poke each other in PMs here to tag :-)

wolfsinger

Sounds good. :) *trundles off to the writie site*

My Sex Map

The Dark Raven

Please let me know when we get started on this. :-)

undisclosedtoyou

Oh yay we have every ones profiles, which is a wonderful thing.

As promised, *smiles* I'm announcung that the game will start

Wednesday, April 8th

I hope everyone excited.

-Dis
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Akhanu

Hello all. I just got the green light from undisclosedtoyou about playing a goblin guard of Jareths so here I am. :)
I'll think of a bio/description for him. I believe I will have it within tomorrow and post it, so it will be all good to go for April 8th.

Cheers. ^^
Experience Chan! There's neither distance nor intimacy. Observation is like a family treasure. Whether with eyes, ears, body, nose, or tongue - It's hard to say which is the most amazing to use.
-  Master Xu Yun

Ons and Offs

undisclosedtoyou

Welcome Akhanu.

Alrigth everyone I put up an OOC thread so you all can talk there.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's