Realm Walkers (Freeform Modern Fantasy) [Recruiting]

Started by Totoro, December 01, 2018, 06:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Totoro

Quote from: Remiel on January 07, 2019, 09:14:43 AM
Ugh.  Well,  I admire your fortitude, sir.

Gotta write on through it. Don't want to let myself give up on things I enjoy.

HockeyGod

I'm interested, Sun. I'd like to play someone with expertise in medicine - whether physical or magical. Thoughts on this?

Totoro

Quote from: HockeyGod on January 07, 2019, 06:43:52 PM
I'm interested, Sun. I'd like to play someone with expertise in medicine - whether physical or magical. Thoughts on this?

The idea works but I do already have an application in for a former medical student who uses healing magic. With the intention being a relatively small group I don't think it'd be wise to have too characters focused on healing.

You're still free to create someone who does, but there would be more competition/conflict.

So far the two applications I have are a soldier/electrokinetic and a med student/healer. I'd love some scientists, researchers and both some law enforcement and law breakers. Powers wise there's still a huge array open and more to come. Feel free to make suggestions or requests.

HockeyGod

Quote from: Sun Wukong on January 07, 2019, 06:49:18 PM
The idea works but I do already have an application in for a former medical student who uses healing magic. With the intention being a relatively small group I don't think it'd be wise to have too characters focused on healing.

You're still free to create someone who does, but there would be more competition/conflict.

So far the two applications I have are a soldier/electrokinetic and a med student/healer. I'd love some scientists, researchers and both some law enforcement and law breakers. Powers wise there's still a huge array open and more to come. Feel free to make suggestions or requests.

Hmmm...okies, thanks for the heads up. I was wondering how medicine could be incorporated. A medical student in the US studies medicine later than the age boundary. I was thinking perhaps first responder or something like that.

I'll ponder other options.

Thanks.

Totoro

Quote from: HockeyGod on January 07, 2019, 06:53:49 PM
Hmmm...okies, thanks for the heads up. I was wondering how medicine could be incorporated. A medical student in the US studies medicine later than the age boundary. I was thinking perhaps first responder or something like that.

I'll ponder other options.

Thanks.

A first responder would at least be a more practical angle. Perhaps if they had practical knowledge of first aid and trauma care but their magical abilities laid in other areas? I think that way I'd be comfortable with two characters with something of a healing side, since those would still remain relatively different.

It's just that if two characters use healing magic it'll be a bit like a D&D party of healing clerics. Or an army of Wolverines. Combat would be very odd to say the least with no injuries mattering and very graphic harm being needed just to calm the healing magic everywhere.

Remiel

Just to reiterate that I'm definitely interested in this idea, and hope to be fleshing out a character concept soon.

Remiel

Okay, so, question.  From the List of Magic disciplines, I can pick two fields of specialty?  Say, Illusion Creation and Attribute Theft?  Would Shapeshifting be an advanced discipline?

Totoro

Quote from: Remiel on January 08, 2019, 10:20:59 AM
Okay, so, question.  From the List of Magic disciplines, I can pick two fields of specialty?  Say, Illusion Creation and Attribute Theft?  Would Shapeshifting be an advanced discipline?

You can pick two if they're found under the same realm's accessible magic. Both illusion creation and attribute theft are under the Smoky Mirror's 'Mirror magic' so they can both be used at once at a beginner level rather than a low-beginner level.

I think shapeshifting would be advanced, yes, though I also think it had skipped my mind. Minor disguises wouldn't be but true shapeshifting is advanced.

Remiel

Then I'd probably want to pick Illusory Disguise and Attribute Theft.

Totoro

Quote from: Remiel on January 08, 2019, 11:16:57 AM
Then I'd probably want to pick Illusory Disguise and Attribute Theft.

Sounds good. Not a realm anyone else has mentioned and not a type of powers anyone else has mentioned. Should be interesting.

Totoro

Quote from: Remiel on January 08, 2019, 10:20:59 AM

Regarding this and in case anyone's not aware:

I'm adding magic. I will try to avoid ever taking away anything someone wanted that I'd put up, but there is more to come. I've added a weak version of shapeshifting called 'Morphing' as a beginner magic. So that's there now.

I have three applications so far but quite a lot more interest. I'd love to see at least a couple more applications and I'll start approving people and getting the CS out so we can move ahead with this.

Thera Regina

Ooooh, can I add Morphing to my character’s abilities?

Request Thread: Here
O/O’s: Here
A/A’s: Here

Totoro

Quote from: Princess Alexx on January 14, 2019, 11:35:18 AM
Ooooh, can I add Morphing to my character’s abilities?

Can do, noted. Means the other power would be a little weaker but that’s all.

Thera Regina

Request Thread: Here
O/O’s: Here
A/A’s: Here

Totoro

I'm going to be making decisions on applications by the end of this week. If you're interested and haven't sent an application now's the time to do so.

That said if the game's not at maximum capacity I will keep recruitment open.

Kadigan

Totoro

After a few people withdrew interest or had IRL issues I don't currently feel I've got enough applications to run this game. I heavily blame myself for the up and down recruitment, which was largely due to unforeseen IRL issues of my own. Nobody's fault.

I may re-open the concept in future but for now I'm placing this game on hold. If you have any questions please PM them to me.