Brat buddy! ;D -stomps foot, sulks and then huggles!-

YAY!! *pouts, looks sad, is given a lolli, shares and hugs back*
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Pink Professional

I'd also like to plant a flag of interest if you'll have me! First thoughts are either some sort of Heroic Wizard who uses a classically "Sinister" power, or a Changeling-Style Antihero. I'll send PMs when I'm not outside and Phone-bound.

Armphid

I am both delighted and concerned that you two are "brat buddies"  :)  Yay!

So!  I'm going to go with a new character rather than re-use the one from the first Dead Ringer RP.  Maybe he'll get a new life in some other RP someday. 

I had a few loose ideas, more for power sets than characters right now.  I already got some feedback from Sun but I also would love to get the thoughts from my fellow RPers!  Please take a look and let me know any thoughts y'all might have.  I'm really not leaning in any particular direction now so getting narrowed focus is a good thing!

A shrinking character: much like Ant-Man but from a natural power/mutation.  Rather than be strong as normal at small size, he'd be super strong and tough (increased density) when small but on that Spider-Man/Jessica Jones scale.  So he'd also be able to jump pretty far, climb, run faster than normal etc, though the scale of his size would limit his ability to chase things down a good bit.  If we didn't go for the increased density angle, he could have the problem of being so much lighter at small size and be easily blown around or knocked away.  He'd be a college student who got his powers in your classic lab accident and wants to be a hero because he's a geek and superheroes are one of his "fandoms" but he'll have ideological objections to registration which is why he's a vigilante.  He'd be a more idealistic character who'd end up getting ground down and becoming more cynical over time, probably.  Though maybe he'd remain idealistic to bounce off of other more jaded characters.   

A low-end speedster like the original power limits of Quicksilver of the Wally West Kid Flash that was in the Young Justice cartoon; fast but nowhere near anyone like the Flash or modern Quicksilver.  Top speed of maybe 150-200mph flat-out and more of a brawler.  My idea would be that he might come from a family with other higher level/speed speedsters and be kind of the family disappointment.  He'd be out to prove himself as good a hero as his family who are heroes and there would be a big rift between them, particularly since he'd be going vigilante rather than registering. 

This is kind of stealing an idea from somewhere else but it could be interesting to explore.  A guy who has a very long, strong tail.  That's it.  That's his power.  Other than that, he's trained his body and studied martial arts to try and make a difference; may have been doing the "walking the earth" thing before coming to NYC.   I have the least clear idea of who this guy is but he'd be a vigilante to prove that he's as good as "normal" people or (maybe better than them) and wouldn't register as a form of political protest and because of his own ideals.
[tr][td]
My ONs/OFFs and Other Info

One-on-One Ideas/Interests

Group Ideas/Interests[/td][td]     [/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Totoro

Brat's gotta be one of my favourite words.

Quote from: Pink Professional on September 07, 2019, 12:32:51 PM
I'd also like to plant a flag of interest if you'll have me! First thoughts are either some sort of Heroic Wizard who uses a classically "Sinister" power, or a Changeling-Style Antihero. I'll send PMs when I'm not outside and Phone-bound.

Either's probably possible. A wizard would have to be a low-key one, as would a changeling, but they're both workable here.

Amarlo

Quote from: Armphid on September 07, 2019, 12:34:47 PM
I am both delighted and concerned that you two are "brat buddies"  :)  Yay!
Quote from: Sun Wukong on September 07, 2019, 12:56:38 PM
Brat's gotta be one of my favourite words.
O:)

As for your power set inquiry, I wish I could give some advice here but I was never really introduced to Ant man and miniature men somehow instantly makes me think of view. LOL. Also, I don't think him being extremely dense would mix well with the whole "easy to blow away" theory.

As for quick silver like powers, I really have no input there at all. I'm really neither here nor there with that kind of thing.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Nowherewoman

OK, updated Shay's sheet up-thread. THINK she's done, but happy to make adjustments if needed to bring her into line.
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Totoro

Quote from: Nowherewoman on September 07, 2019, 05:53:05 PM
OK, updated Shay's sheet up-thread. THINK she's done, but happy to make adjustments if needed to bring her into line.

PM her to me. I only do CS approvals etc. via PM otherwise this thread'd get drowned in it.

I am also a total pain and have updated the CS.

"Place of Birth:
Home: Where do they live in NYC?
Area of Operation: What parts of NYC do they operate in as a vigilante?
Occupation: As they are a vigilante they most likely have some kind of employment as a source of income."

Home and Area of Operation should now be added between Place of Birth and Occupation. Apologies to those who'd already done or somewhat done a CS without those bits. I realised they are vital for assessing who operates where.

Nowherewoman

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

Totoro

Quote from: Nowherewoman on September 07, 2019, 06:05:24 PM
*Spanks Sun, to return the pain in the arse* ;D

Ow. Possibly. Dunno how strong you are.

Also not sure if it's for the CS change or the PM approval. CS change I'll admit fault but PM approval's pretty necessary.

Nowherewoman

Mostly for the fun of it?

Nah, for the CS change when I'd already finished.No biggie.

Totoro

Quote from: Nowherewoman on September 07, 2019, 06:17:37 PM
Mostly for the fun of it?

Nah, for the CS change when I'd already finished.No biggie.

It is fun, I'll give you that.

All good. It was an annoying move to pull but I do think it'll really help the game.

Wolfling72

8 hours...8 damned hours...

research and pictures and getting stuff (hopefully) right.

8 hours.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Aethyrium

You will certainly get something from me... Sometime in the reasonably near future.

Wyatt

Pondering, many ideas floating about, waiting for one to coalesce fully.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Totoro

Quote from: Aethyrium on September 07, 2019, 11:09:35 PM
You will certainly get something from me... Sometime in the reasonably near future.

I like this prophecy.

Quote from: Wyatt on September 08, 2019, 12:51:22 AM
Pondering, many ideas floating about, waiting for one to coalesce fully.

Cryptic, but sounds good.

Thus far there's three female CS's approved and the only applications received have been female characters. Definitely need to try and balance that out a little. If you want to write a woman still send the CS but I could really use some more males.

Armphid

My character will be male, Sun.  I'm still undecided between which character to do.  And then I'll have to do a CS and find a face claim, which I am bad at.  But I'll try not to keep you waiting too long.  :)
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Totoro

Quote from: Armphid on September 08, 2019, 06:19:13 PM
My character will be male, Sun.  I'm still undecided between which character to do.  And then I'll have to do a CS and find a face claim, which I am bad at.  But I'll try not to keep you waiting too long.  :)

I would push towards a Prowl (Maybe remixed a bit?) or a low-key speedster.

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Armphid

Quote from: Amarlo on September 08, 2019, 06:29:05 PM
And I can help you with finding faceclaims >3 @Armphid

Thank you!  Though I'm also a little nervous for some reason.

Quote from: Sun Wukong on September 08, 2019, 06:25:28 PM
I would push towards a Prowl (Maybe remixed a bit?) or a low-key speedster.

Hmm, all right.  Well.  Gar, indecision!  I will look back over Prowl and consider.  I liked playing him but I wonder if I'd end up falling into the same traps with him.  Which is my failing, not the character's, but still. 
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Amarlo

Quote from: Armphid on September 08, 2019, 06:37:01 PM
Thank you!  Though I'm also a little nervous for some reason.

Hmm, all right.  Well.  Gar, indecision!  I will look back over Prowl and consider.  I liked playing him but I wonder if I'd end up falling into the same traps with him.  Which is my failing, not the character's, but still.

I still rest by my earlier assessment. He may have fell into a bit of a depression at the end, but to be fair one of their teammates were hospitalized via head injury and indefinite coma, he was keeping a massive secret about another teammate being actively hunted down by a mass murderer, and the girl he had a thing for was suddenly being cold towards him and pretending to be in love with a crime lord. I think under those circumstances he gets a little bit of leeway. xD

Honestly, he felt very human and very real too me. -shrugs.- I was surprised to have liked him so much. Lmfao

Also, you should definitely be afraid.  >:)

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Armphid

Quote from: Amarlo on September 08, 2019, 06:42:32 PM
I still rest by my earlier assessment. He may have fell into a bit of a depression at the end, but to be fair one of their teammates were hospitalized via head injury and indefinite coma, he was keeping a massive secret about another teammate being actively hunted down by a mass murderer, and the girl he had a thing for was suddenly being cold towards him and pretending to be in love with a crime lord. I think under those circumstances he gets a little bit of leeway. xD

Honestly, he felt very human and very real too me. -shrugs.- I was surprised to have liked him so much. Lmfao

Also, you should definitely be afraid.  >:)

I'm glad you did.  And thank you!  That's pretty high praise.  And yeah, it did kind of make sense that he was in a bad place but I don't know if this'll be any different.  However, we'll find out together.  I'll tweak Cody a little and send the CS to you, Sun.

Amarlo, I'd be very open to a new face claim too, if you would be so kind.  I will owe you one!  Maybe two.
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Amarlo

Quote from: Armphid on September 08, 2019, 07:05:58 PM
I'm glad you did.  And thank you!  That's pretty high praise.  And yeah, it did kind of make sense that he was in a bad place but I don't know if this'll be any different.  However, we'll find out together.  I'll tweak Cody a little and send the CS to you, Sun.

Amarlo, I'd be very open to a new face claim too, if you would be so kind.  I will owe you one!  Maybe two.
Pm me any special qualities you're interested in him having, and I'll see what I can do!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

mainsnoires

Hello all,
I am fairly impressed with the world building thread you have written Sun, and wanted to let it out. It’s really interesting ! Congrats.
I’d plant a flag of interest to participate if there is still room, and will work on a CSheet ASAP.