Dungeon Overlords vs Adventurers! (Dungeonbuilding, 5e D&D, NC-Exotic)

Started by Aenon, November 16, 2018, 07:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwolf85

yeah I've been trying to get back into E for a while, and it seems to be happening in fits and starts.

I think I'm ready to do somthing, and I finally got a kinky overlord idea or two to boot.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Roman100

Quote from: Kathyan on September 18, 2019, 12:51:14 PM
We might more adventurers if we keep increasing Overlords population but yes it is open. Now while I'm not going to say no to people choosing PC races or classes for Overlords but I would personally prefer if we didn't have too many of those. Yet for what you have in mind I'm going to say a big YES already, you are free to go with that idea. :)

Okay, great!  I'll make an adventurer at some point, as well, but I feel like being evil right now, lol.  Okay, do you want me to just make a level 1 human Bard or go up a bit since he'd be an Overlord?

Ironwolf85

debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

mjrbatou

i'd suggest more than 1 adventurer, but that's just me.  I've got 2 overlords and 6 adventurers at the moment, 3 adventurers are either in or starting a dungeon but only a nibble on the first dungeon so far (the bite was for one still in progress from another overlord)

Ironwolf85

yeah been wanting to make a manly eldritch bad guy.

probably make that a theme or somthing.

Green Goo Theory

Coming soon...

mjrbatou

it's a big ol group game, so new players are welcome.

the standing suggestion is to make adventurers to tackle dungeons, though no one will refuse if you want to make an overlord/dungeon yourself (may have to wait a while for adventurers to attempt your dungeon there are a number to choose from)

Green Goo Theory

The plan was to go for one of each.  If my schedule calms down soon the way it's supposed to it may even be more than one adventurer.  The hardest part is sorting through my ideas for characters.  I did read up through most of what's going on here.  It's been a minute since I've done any play on E and I'm not sure I remember how to roll dice here (oops).  Is the Overlord character "sheet" still kind of loosey goosey until they start "leveling up"? 

Coming soon...

Wolfling72

I wish I had kept up with D&D...this group looks entirely too entertaining. *sighs and wanders off*
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Kathyan

Quote from: Green Goo Theory on September 29, 2019, 05:08:53 PM
The plan was to go for one of each.  If my schedule calms down soon the way it's supposed to it may even be more than one adventurer.  The hardest part is sorting through my ideas for characters.  I did read up through most of what's going on here.  It's been a minute since I've done any play on E and I'm not sure I remember how to roll dice here (oops).  Is the Overlord character "sheet" still kind of loosey goosey until they start "leveling up"?

Yes we are still accepting players, it is always good to have more than one adventurer because of the availability of different players but it is not required at all. Feel free to ask for help of any kind if you need it.
And yes, Overlords are a bit loose until they start leveling up.

Quote from: Wolfling72 on September 29, 2019, 07:34:16 PM
I wish I had kept up with D&D...this group looks entirely too entertaining. *sighs and wanders off*
Aww, that's a  shame. Things are indeed quite fun around here. ^^

Stendarr

Hey, this seems really cool! I'm super down to join. Do we need more adventures or more overlords?

Is there something I should do to start, or just make a character?

Laughing Hyena

Adventures are always welcomed but we also cam do with more overlords and their dungeons. Plenty to do and make. But yes you just need to make a new character.

Stendarr

Should I post it here to wait for approval? Is there a repository of the other characters somewhere?

Laughing Hyena

This thread is where new adventurers or overlords go to be approved. Thread says you should post there.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=303346.0

Stendarr

Yeah, I saw the thread before Hyena mentioned it and then forgot about it. But I got an adventurer posted now. Probably gonna post an Overlord soon, but I have questions about dungeon creation. Is there a thread for that I missed too?

mjrbatou

check the demon queen's playground(closed)

the last post has dungeon building information, at least the lion's share if not all of it

William Blake

I've had this game on my radar for a bit, and now that I've got some more time opening up... well, I was hoping to throw my hats in the ring, so to speak. :)

Just to give myself some variety, I think I'm going to do a more ingenue Paladin leaning towards the new UA "Oath of Heroism", because blind faith in herself and her destiny coupled with stubborn naivety is kind of my jam. Oath tenets include "Challenges Are But Tests", "Embrace Destiny" and "Hone the Body", and if that isn't begging for corruption, I don't know what is! And, just because I've wanted to poke at one for a while and it looks like we only have two of them, I think I'll delve deep into the ridiculous Sorcerer bloodlines available!

Giving a heads up here. I'll be putting the characters together soon and putting them in the appropriate approval threads, but I don't quite know when I'll be able to get them posted. Somehow, it became 4:30 while I was screwing around thinking about applying and I have work tomorrow. ;D

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: William Blake on October 14, 2019, 04:26:31 AM
I've had this game on my radar for a bit, and now that I've got some more time opening up... well, I was hoping to throw my hats in the ring, so to speak. :)

Just to give myself some variety, I think I'm going to do a more ingenue Paladin leaning towards the new UA "Oath of Heroism", because blind faith in herself and her destiny coupled with stubborn naivety is kind of my jam. Oath tenets include "Challenges Are But Tests", "Embrace Destiny" and "Hone the Body", and if that isn't begging for corruption, I don't know what is! And, just because I've wanted to poke at one for a while and it looks like we only have two of them, I think I'll delve deep into the ridiculous Sorcerer bloodlines available!

Giving a heads up here. I'll be putting the characters together soon and putting them in the appropriate approval threads, but I don't quite know when I'll be able to get them posted. Somehow, it became 4:30 while I was screwing around thinking about applying and I have work tomorrow. ;D

Sounds perfect! Looking forward to the new characters. The other Overlords definitely need new adventurers.

William Blake

I can probably manage more than two adventurers, too, if there's a deficit! I haven't dug too deep into what's been going on, except pull the data from the table in the adventurers' thread to get a count of races and classes. But I thought two seemed a reasonable starting number?

Opale

I am interested in joining :)
I'd be able to post at least once a day, and often more.

Here is the idea character I come up with :

Megan Stormfall
Age 21
Human mobile fighter (leather armored)

Background:

Megan Stormfall is born to the middle class, which includes merchants, artisans,
and tradespeople. You likely grew up in a good-sized settlement, and one of her
adoptive parents is likely associated with a guild or other trade organization
(name it in your world GM). As a free person, she don't experience the bondage
of serfdom or peasantry, but you also lack the privilege of the nobility. Her true
parents, were, legendary heroes of the country, and left her to her adoptive
parents when she was 4, to go on her quest. A quest they never come back from.

At some point in her childhood, around Twelve years old, she was kidnapped. The
kidnappers might have been pirates, slavers, thieves looking for ransom, or, a
cult (pick up the option you prefer). Before she was escaped, she picked up on
various aspects of the criminal underworld. That and a quick tongue, and various
other skills.

Later, she Joined the Watch.
Her village/ town, Stormfall, needed new recruits for the volunteer watch patrol,
and she joined up—all for money, duty, peace, and power.  This rudimentary train-
ing gave her an understanding of civilized justice and showed her how to wield a
weapon with skill.

She was especially close to a holy person in her community who fundamentally cha-
nged her life by opening her eyes to the incredible powers that exist beyond the
natural world. Regardless of whether her follow a faith, certain religious artif-
acts, rituals, and texts played a large part in making her the person she is. (I
don't know the gods or cults of your world)

Just before leaving the village, she was publicly humiliated or scandalized by
someone with either true or slanderous information, regarding her behavior and
sensuality.

During her last travel,she was hired to investigate about people vanishing in a small town,  and got taken herself by the drows,her genuine beauty interesting them to enslave as a sexual servant her for obvious reasons or trading goals.

About my  D&D experience :

Plenty, but not  with 5th ed, so I'd prefer for you to do all the stats for the character. I haven't played or  read any official module book.

Hoping you'd accept me in your fantasy world :)

Warm Regards

Opale

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Opale on October 15, 2019, 06:27:28 AM
I am interested in joining :)
I'd be able to post at least once a day, and often more.

Might take some time but I'll help with a character sheet, but there are rules ready to be used over the internet via Roll20 and DnD Beyond. Should not be too difficult to learn the rule set

Opale

Kathyan

Welcome Stendarr, William and Opale. I'll be checking the posted characters.

Yeah two is a reasonable starting number William.

William Blake

Well I accidentally made four because I couldn't reconcile art I wanted with characters I had already planned and so now there's a gaggle of bastards I'll be putting up for approval.  :-X

I don't necessarily plan on playing all four at once, but I wanted people to have options for who they brought into the group and/or the ability to run a dungeon by myself if need be? Nah, let's be honest, I just love making characters. I should have them posted in the next few hours, depending on how much oversight I have at work...