HP: The Marauder's Era

Started by mindlessmenage, December 09, 2010, 09:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

If I find a decent James Potter pic, I'll send it to you, Jecht...but most of the ones I've seen on DA are girls cosplaying as him and they aren't very good. You could always go for a drawing instead of an actual picture.

This one isn't too bad, but he doesn't have glasses on:

This one isn't too bad either:

You could always crop out Sirius, Remus, and Peter from it.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

WittyShrew

James is such a priiiiick. ;P But he sounds attractive nevertheless.

Jecht

I've been seriously looking on google for a while for someone that looks somewhat close. I thought about using the actor they used for the flashback in Order of the Phoenix. Only problem is he didn't have black hair. I'm thinking I might crop out the others in the picture you found. Thank you.

Hope everything else in the profile is alright. I'm excited about this
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: minerva7790 on December 15, 2010, 09:47:19 AM
Haha! And they're both redheads! Well, I did get started on Elizabeth yesterday. But I guess it's a weird coincidence. It's very easy to end up stereotyping Ravenclaws as the bookish, anti-social type...

I think our characters might get along well, though. Liz would want to find out more about Karin's weird situation, and she would find Karin's company pleasant enough, since Karin is the quiet type too.
My Ravenclaw is neither bookish or anti-social. Yay for breaking the mold!
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Jag

mindlessmenage

Yay I'm exstatic  ;D Go ahead and move it over to the character thread. We are definately starting today!!
"Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets
oral sex, no matter how bad it is."
- Barbara Bush

"When a guy goes to a hooker, he's not paying her for sex, he's paying her to leave." -Author Unknown

Jecht

To start off with James' arrogant-ness, who has the pleasure of playing Lily? haha
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Jag

I believe Lily is being played by Azreal.

I'm very tempted to use an OC female from a Snape game that ended due to my partner never logging back on. I don't want her to be sexing Snape up, but kind of follow him around like a love-sick puppy...kind of like he does to Lily when they were younger. >.> *debates*

mindlessmenage

Oh and it's up to you if you want to be Head Boy. James and Lily have first dibs.
"Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets
- Barbara Bush

"When a guy goes to a hooker, he's not paying her for sex, he's paying her to leave." -Author Unknown

WerewolfofLondon

You know, you could probably just use a picture of Harry since he's meant to look just like his dad.

Revenent

Quote from: minerva7790 on December 15, 2010, 11:00:21 AM
Oh damn, you did! Oops, pardon me, I'm a little sleep deprived lately... Yay, Liz will look forward to meeting Karin then! I hope you don't mind though that our characters are that similar... :X

I thought that it was mostly my fault. Didn't you say Liz was an OC you used before? If not, it doesn't make a difference to me anyway. It's not like they're identical. ;D

Anyway, out of curiosity, is there a Head Boy for each house or one for all four houses? I was looking it up on the HP Wiki to remember what they actually do and it the phrasing on there is utterly confusing.

Jag

I think there is only one Head Boy and one Head Girl for the whole school.

The HP wiki says:

Quote...as well as one Head Boy and one Head Girl from all of the seventh-year students...

Jecht

I thought about that...I think I'd prefer to do that....As far as the Head boy thing, I'll see what Lily wants to do since it would make more sense if they were both Heads instead of just one.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Revenent

I saw that, but then I saw this...

QuoteOn the Hogwarts Express, the Head Boy or Head Girl of their house has to go through all the things that is needed to know to be a prefect.

...so you can understand my confusion. Probably just a bad choice of words.

Jag

I think that's just poor wording on the wiki's part. Cause that doesn't make sense. You don't have to be a prefect to be a Head Boy or Girl, but I can see the Heads giving the prefects some hints and advice. I think it is just one boy and one girl for the whole school.

WerewolfofLondon

You are more likely to become Head Boy/Girl if you have been a Prefect. It's pretty much unheard of for things not to go that way. Or at least that's how it was at my school.

Jag

James Potter was one of the exceptions to the Head Boy being a former Prefect. But, yeah, normally they seem to be students that were formerly Prefects.

Revenent

Yeah, that's what I figured. It's not like it makes that much of a difference, anyway, since I doubt anyone will be too concerned about prefects are anything like that with the looming threat of the Wizarding War over the school.

Quote from: Michi No Sora on December 15, 2010, 03:43:32 PM
James Potter was one of the exceptions to the Head Boy being a former Prefect. But, yeah, normally they seem to be students that were formerly Prefects.

It seems to me that the Potters are very privileged. :P First James becomes Head Boy without being a Prefect, then he marries Lily after being a total prick to many people (even though Severus was cut out of her life entirely for one f'ing slip-up brought on by his Slytherin buddies), then Harry becomes Head of Auror Office without even taking a single N.E.W.T.

Jag

Quote from: Revenent on December 15, 2010, 03:46:46 PM
It seems to me that the Potters are very privileged. :P First James becomes Head Boy without being a Prefect, then he marries Lily after being a total prick to many people (even though Severus was cut out of her life entirely for one f'ing slip-up brought on by his Slytherin buddies), then Harry becomes Head of Auror Office without even taking a single N.E.W.T.

Don't forget the Cloak of Invisibility passed down through generations that allowed them both to get away with so many things.  ::) Or Harry marrying a girl that kind of looks like his mother.  ::)

Revenent

Quote from: Michi No Sora on December 15, 2010, 03:48:39 PM
Don't forget the Cloak of Invisibility passed down through generations that allowed them both to get away with so many things.  ::) Or Harry marrying a girl that kind of looks like his mother.  ::)

The Cloak of Invisibility that just happened to be a Deathly Hallow, even though it could have easily just been one of the other generic ones, but Rowling had to go ahead and make his super special (even though both Dumbledore and Moody's eye can apparently see through it).

Jecht

So when are we going to start this? I'm really excited about it.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Jag

Mindlessmenage, you put Rabastan as a Ravenclaw in the first post of the Character thread. He's a Slytherin.

mindlessmenage

Oops! I just kept putting them into Ravenclaw I must have gone zombie, I shall fix it!
- Barbara Bush

Jecht

I was wondering it would be possible for me to have an OC involved somehow. I was thinking one in Hufflepuff since there is only one person in there.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

mindlessmenage

That's fine by me Jecht. The more students there are, hopefully the more realistic and interesting it will be.

Everyone should go check out the OOC Thread, I've made a pretty important post and I would love feedback. I want this to be well organized so it's more fun and more likely to not die. I would be heartbroken if it died.
- Barbara Bush