Star Wars: Fallen Order

Started by Norsegod1839, July 17, 2018, 11:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostly

Anyone interested in escaping alongside Jin? I'd love to play him off of some die-hard, 'for the cause!' Jedi.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Ghostly on July 18, 2018, 02:27:16 PM
Anyone interested in escaping alongside Jin? I'd love to play him off of some die-hard, 'for the cause!' Jedi.

All the Jedi padawans and knights will escape together on the fighter elipso!

Ghostly

True. Maybe a friend then? Classmate? I like going into stories like these with a few preestablished character relationships, even if they're simple.

Norsegod1839

If you want I was planning on Gming a Jedi Master! You could easily be his padawan *shrugs*

Ghostly

Eh, maybe? Depends on their chemistry.

Norsegod1839

Up to you! It wouldn't be a romance more just like a partnership.

Captain Whitebread

Okay, next series of questions...

Do you want full Jedi Masters or would you prefer Padawans?

What are your thoughts on fallen Jedi who have been redeemed?

As an aside, what are your thoughts on the Rule of Two?  Palpatine clearly had multiple apprentices before Vader. Or are they the only two Sith in existence?
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Ghostly

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 18, 2018, 02:43:17 PM
Up to you! It wouldn't be a romance more just like a partnership.
Yeah, I figured that. Again, depends on what sort of character arc he needs.

RobHumph

I was planning on just making a Jedi Knight. As much as I'd love to play a char like Rahm Kota, it might be a tad overpowering but hey, that's just me, you can all go nuts.

And I believe the Rule of Two means that there are only 2 Sith Lords at any one time but Sith Assassins and Inquisitors, who are more just specially trained enforcers who know very little about what the Sith are, are fine.

Imogen

Quote from: RobHumph on July 18, 2018, 11:31:42 AM
I know the likely answer is a "no" but would it be possible to maybe have a bounty hunter char who goes after the Jedi?

I could bring a 16 year old force user!

-hides-

Just kidding. Just kidding!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on July 18, 2018, 02:48:00 PM
Okay, next series of questions...

Do you want full Jedi Masters or would you prefer Padawans?

What are your thoughts on fallen Jedi who have been redeemed?

As an aside, what are your thoughts on the Rule of Two?  Palpatine clearly had multiple apprentices before Vader. Or are they the only two Sith in existence?

I don't want a TON of Jedi Masters, as a matter of fact I would probably prefer my guy to be the only one. I only say that because its kind of a GM position. However if you want to submit a character sheet for a master I'll look at it and try and work with it.

I don't mind a fallen Jedi who has been redeemed!

And there will definitely be more than just Palpatine and Vader! But I'm keeping that up my sleeve.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Imogen on July 18, 2018, 03:04:30 PM

-hides-

Imogen! you better come aboard with a PROPERLY aged character :)

RobHumph

Quote from: Imogen on July 18, 2018, 03:04:30 PM

-hides-

*Intense flashbacks*

Just don't name the poor thing Cylden and we'll be alright  :-)

Imogen

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 18, 2018, 03:05:52 PM
Imogen! you better come aboard with a PROPERLY aged character :)

haha! No worries! I was just teasing Rob. He knows an old character of mine ;-)

Quote from: RobHumph on July 18, 2018, 03:06:21 PM
*Intense flashbacks*

Just don't name the poor thing Cylden and we'll be alright  :-)

I promise to behave!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Norsegod1839

Come on in Imo! The Rp waters are great.

Imogen

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 18, 2018, 03:10:24 PM
Come on in Imo! The Rp waters are great.

I do like me some Star Wars! I'll see what characters others come up and possibly make a padawan if there's someone interested in having one. Probably would be a rather willful character with strict ideas about right and wrong, and not that clear on the moral high ground on achieving them.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Norsegod1839

Sweet!

I'll start working on the character sheet and have it posted in the next hour.

Norsegod1839

Character sheet is up everyone!

Flying Tengu

Is crossplay acceptable for this?  We seem to have mostly male characters so far, and I've got what I feel is a good concept in mind for a female character.  A senior Padawan, more of a scholar than a warrior, her connection with the Force grants occasional visions of the future.  She'd be divided between the past, the future... or forsaking both in the face of their opposition.

Norsegod1839

I'd really love to get some more females! you guys can play any gender you want BTW and any sexuality.

RobHumph

Alias: Commander Kelzan
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 90 kilograms
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Nickname: Horns
Signature Skill: Lightsaber Combat
Lightsabers: Single-blade, Blue crystal
Weapons/Gear: N/A
Costume: Robes and Cloak
Bio:

Born on Iridonia, Kelzan was quickly discovered to have a sensitivity to the force. He remembers little of his childhood there, for there wasn't much of it before the recruiters came to spirit him away to the Jedi Temple and to the lessons of the younglings. His time as a youngling was like that of many, many others. Strict tutelage in the ways of the Light Side, indoctrination into the Jedi Way of thinking, learning to let emotions go and perhaps most importantly, the Jedi Code.

His career as a Jedi was simple after that. When he completed his time as a youngling, he became a padawan learner, and several years later, a Jedi Knight in his own right. Throughout all of it, Kelzan showed the greatest aptitude towards lightsaber combat, in particular, Form 3, Soresu. He was a Jedi Guardian, the warriors of the order.

When the Clone Wars began, Kelzan was one of the first to volunteer for a position in the Grand Army of the Republic. He was given a company of clones in part of the larger forces directed by Jedi Master Ki Adi Mundi. He has fought in several war fronts in the galaxy, the Second Battle of Geonosis the most prominent among them.

Before the execution of Order 66, Kelzan had taken leave to the Temple and was there first hand to witness the slaughter. While part of him knew he should have died there, another told him to help a precious few others escape. And that he did.

Alias: N/A
Height: 6'0''
Weight: 100 kilograms
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Nickname: Shev'la Kyr'am ("Silent Death" in Mando'a)
Signature Skill: Piloting, Repair, Marksmanship, General Explosives
Lightsabers N/A But one would make for an excellent trophy
Weapons/Gear:
    -
1x WESTAR-35 Blaster Carbine

-
2x WESTAR-35 Blaster Pistols

-
1x JT-12 Jetpack

-
1x Lancer-Class Pursuit Craft, The Kandosii

- Several Knives
Costume: Typical Mandalorian Beskar'gam coloured green, the armour everyone thinks of when the skull symbol of the Mandalorians appears.
Bio:

Little is known about Jaxun Ordo's younger life beyond what can be expected. Born on Mandalore and taught the ways of the Mandalorian warrior, Jaxun only really makes any claim to distinction after he left his home planet when he was in his late teens, and started his long career of bounty hunting, grand robbery, and whatever else could make him money and give him a chance to put a blaster bolt through someone's heart.

Jaxun's storied career is not the match of his peers, doubtless, he is next to unknown compared to the giants of his field, Cad Bane and Jango Fett, but he is known enough. If you want someone dead and aren't worried about making it look like an accident, Jaxun Ordo can get it done, it's as simple as that.

Norsegod1839

Flying Tengu

Height: 1.65 meters (5'5")
Weight:  55kg (121 lbs)
Sexuality: Mostly straight
Nickname: None
Signature Skill: Foresight.  Tiala occasionally receives glimpses of the future from the Force.  But, as Yoda said, always in motion, the future is; what she sees may or may not come to pass.
Lightsaber  Traditional and blue
Weapons/Gear:  Tiala carries a high capacity datapad; when fleeing, she copied as many Jedi works onto it as possible.  She also has a short-range scanner capable of performing different sorts of analysis.
Costume:  Being on the run means that Tiala has had to give up wearing the simple brown robes she prefers.  Instead, she wears simple synthleather travelling clothes, typical of many spacers, with simple pants, shirt, and light jacket.  She does have one rather more daring outfit, in black synthleather, which would cling tighter to her feminine form and leave her midriff bare, but she hasn't worn it yet.  She worries that, given the reputation of her species, she may better blend in if she does.
Bio:
Tial'avek was born on Ryloth, but she never knew it.  Or, at least not beyond the briefest of memories.  She remembers that her father was strong, and her mother was beautiful, but she can't remember what they did.  The Jedi came when she was four, and took her away to Coruscant.

As she grew, Tiala discovered that she had not only a gift with the Force, but also a curious mind as well.  She always wanted to make new discoveries, and have new experiences.  Despite this desire, she did not often leave the temple.  There was so much history there, it would take one person a lifetime to learn it all, and her visions of the future sometimes took her far away, anyway.  As such, she traveled only rarely, and still has little experience with the world outside the temple.

The Clone Wars didn't change much for Tiala.  The Jedi still needed capable scholars and teachers, and Tiala could do both of these quite well.  She also managed to aid somewhat in analyzing and interpreting incoming war data, as the Order liked to have its own analysis, separate from that provided by the Republic.

As the war progressed, she began having visions of a terrible atrocity to come.  She saw the sacking and burning of the temple, Jedi gunned down by faceless soldiers, and a terrible warrior in black armor.  She tried to report this, but her master was off to war, and no one else properly understood her abilities.  Her warnings went unheeded.

When Order 66 occurred, Tiala happened to be making some digital scans of old texts.  She quickly downloaded as much information she could before running to the transport; with the visions she'd been having, her gear was all packed and ready to go.  Something of the Order had to survive...

Norsegod1839

Flying

Your girl having foresight how about she had a vision of the purge tried to warn the order that at least SOMETHING was about to happen but they ignored her.

Flying Tengu

Okay, sounds great!  I like that.  Will work it in to the bio.

Say, which section will this game be going in?