America's Got Powers! [Superhero Contest]

Started by MzHyde, September 12, 2013, 12:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MzHyde

Since some people seem to misunderstand the concept, let me explain it again;

-Those that have powers must have been in San Fran at the time of the incident, as that is where the object landed.

-You did not sign up for 'America's Got Powers!', you were not asked to be on it. Once you were confirmed to have powers, the government rounded you up and brought you to a testing facility to train you. The first batch of people to run through their testing went so poorly only two made the cut without washing out or getting injured (Wade and Lina). The need for funding and an alternate training regimen caused the program to be re-branded as a reality show.

And Chun, I like your character but don't be afraid to be more creative with it. You could explain her Sonography as part of her cognative powers - she could read anything because when she touches a written work she can see the person writing it, perhaps? And Parachronal Cognition is extremely powerful, if you think about it. With training, she could narrow down her abilities to pick out specific timelines to view and from there, specific moments, with specific people. Imagine getting into a fight and knowing what the other person would do. Not only that, knowing like three different possible moves the other person could do and being subtly able to influence the timeline you want.

Wajin

Fixed mine :D Hope it's more satisfactory now.

Quote from: MzHyde on September 13, 2013, 12:29:20 PM
And Chun, I like your character but don't be afraid to be more creative with it. You could explain her Sonography as part of her cognative powers - she could read anything because when she touches a written work she can see the person writing it, perhaps? And Parachronal Cognition is extremely powerful, if you think about it. With training, she could narrow down her abilities to pick out specific timelines to view and from there, specific moments, with specific people. Imagine getting into a fight and knowing what the other person would do. Not only that, knowing like three different possible moves the other person could do and being subtly able to influence the timeline you want.

I agree! Chun, your character could be potentially the most awesome and helping individual ever! Hmm, now that I think about it, the ability to see into the future, combined with the mass scale power of inducing peace and calm into large groups of people, could help the world a lot <.<... Our characters would make a good non-combat team
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Chun Chun Boom

Quote from: MzHyde on September 13, 2013, 12:29:20 PMAnd Chun, I like your character but don't be afraid to be more creative with it. You could explain her Sonography as part of her cognative powers - she could read anything because when she touches a written work she can see the person writing it, perhaps? And Parachronal Cognition is extremely powerful, if you think about it. With training, she could narrow down her abilities to pick out specific timelines to view and from there, specific moments, with specific people. Imagine getting into a fight and knowing what the other person would do. Not only that, knowing like three different possible moves the other person could do and being subtly able to influence the timeline you want.
Thanks for clearing that up and for the suggestions! I'll work on revising it and I'll try to get it done soon. Busy day/night for me so I've just been popping in today.

RainyHigh

My two randoms are...
Alpha Power: Wood Manipulation
Beta Power: Defense Break

I will work on a character sheet soon.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

RainyHigh

TITAN PROJECT CANDIDATE - CLASSIFIED FILE
NAME: Thea Bates
SEX: Female
HEIGHT: Five foot
BODY TYPE: Athletic
Thea Bates
ALPHA POWER: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Wood_Manipulation -- Wood Manipulation. Thea can control wood and plants, she can cause them to move or bring life back to dead wood or plants. She has a limitation on how much she control and when faced with ice or fire attacks (including lightning/electricity) her manipulation of wood can be almost useless depending on how powerful the attacker is.

BETA POWER: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Break -- Defense Break. Thea can bypass almost any defense with equal damage no matter how strong, durable, or magically enhanced the defense is. She has the sub-application of impaling using either her wood manipulation or any other weapon. She is still learning how to crush and bypass shields with more precision and work on maker her ability stronger so it can become close to absolute attack.

BIO: Thea Bates was born and given to her father; her mother vanished with the wind shortly after. Tony Bates works as a mechanic at an auto repair shop in the city and raised Thea to be a strong and independent woman. Thea has two half-brothers Theo and Troy. Theo is two years younger than Thea and Troy was born only two years ago. At school, Thea is an honors student. She studied everyday to become smarter and graduate as valedictorian but graduated in the top 25 instead. Thea's powers did not manifest until she turned 18, as she was halfway through her first year of college. Her life was changed. Thea could not control her powers at home or school, often sending books in the library everywhere--she was banned from entering the library and soon the school as she cause trees to walk around campus. Thea was at a loss at what to do. That is when the Titan program picked her up.

PERSONALITY: Thea used to be a very optimistic person, but she had been jaded. Feeling hopeless and strange, Thea has been placed in the Titan program to develop her powers. She feels useless, but when the contest is announced, she feels like she might have a chance for a better life. Thea is competitive and a bit of a sore loser.

Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Toggle

Angel Fire

I have a character in mind here but I would like to see if her powers will fit here (yes, these powers are random)

ALPHA POWER: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Hive_Genetic
BETA POWER: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Peak_Human_Flexibility

Hope that she can be a valuable member to the team!

Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

RedEve

NAME: Johanna Johnson
SEX:  Female
HEIGHT: 5' 7"
BODY TYPE: Curvaceous yet toned

ALPHA POWER: Nano-Active Blood (http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Nano-Active_Blood)
Johanna’s bloodstream is primed with nanites, which enhance her physical performance among other things. Simply having nanobots in the her bloodstream makes her superhuman since it's beyond normal or peak human capacity.

BETA POWER:  Parasitic Empowerment
(http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Parasitic_Empowerment)
The power to be empowered by feeding off of sources of energy or others. Johanna become stronger, faster, more durableby parasitism and feeding off of sources of energy or other beings for the benefit of her own powers, sometimes unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing her existing powers.

BIO: Johanna was the daughter of Joe Johnson, the owner and manager of a used car dealership. Her mother Joanie had been something of a local belle in the 1980s, as she competed in several local and regional beauty contests and won quite a lot of them. She eventually met and married the slick and fast-talking Joe in the late 1980s. They had two daughters born two years apart in the early 1990s. Johanna their eldest and her younger sister Jocelyne. Whereas Jocelyne takes after her father both in appearance and personality, Johanna is the spitting image of her mother. She shares her mom’s physical beauty as well as her preference for showmanship and glamour. Johanna never was a brilliant student in high school, but she did keep her grades high enough to allow herself to be on the cheerleading squad, and eventually become its captain. She eventually got accepted into a local state college where her schedule was occupied as much with extra-curricular activities – the college cheer squad as well as her sorority – as with attending lectures. Becoming a superhero – the thought alone! – was about the last thing she wanted, but in the Summer of her graduation she was touched by some strange force and soon she began to display weird capabilities, which scared her as well as her friends.

PERSONALITY: Johanna is a rather sociable and nice person, though she can be crude and insensitive to people she doesn’t consider part of her social clique. She isn’t a cruel person per se, she just lacks a bit of empathy for those she does not know or care to know. No one would ever accuse her of being a genius, but she isn’t without smarts either… Only they aren’t the kind of smarts you learn from a book.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

MzHyde

Barring any last minute entries, recruitment is now closed. Over the next day or so I'll contact some folks via PM about balancing their character's powers, then I will have an OOC up.