Space Works: Star Wars RP

Started by Seaweed, June 01, 2011, 05:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaweed

GMd by: Me and DigitLninja

Excerpt:

We were once children of them all, we were once children of just the stars. Simply children, we lived the life of balance and nature. We lived alongside the kind that were just us, but then the balance of this seemed to severe as those individuals with different ideals than our own set themselves aside. For a long time in their Republic, as we hid in the shadows and underground, they called themselves Jedi and Sith. But they all were once Elder, they were all once born from the same people. They simply had forgotten their own roots and fought for who was better. But light and dark existed together, they always co-existed. To fight over which was stronger was simply childish. A simple fools game.

As the Old Republic fell and they began to try to build themselves, we awaken. We the Elder had come again to this world. A new fresh of air. We couldn't let this unbalance of nature exist for long. It could destroy the balance. We the Elder created our code and our creed. We were this world's immune system. We were the white blood cells in a body and we had decided we were going to persecute the diseases destroying the lands that once belonged to both light and dark. Without the balance of both the world was severed and rotten.

Plot Main Idea:

In ancient time The Sith and the Jedi branched from the Elder, more natural forms of force creatures. Their powers untapped and wild, much like the force unleashed unlimiters.

The Elder descended and faded, disappeared like ghost. Dwelling in underground cities mostly. Before there were sith or jedi, the Elder all lived with one another. They were true mediators of peace. They had a form of law that was very much like chinese budhism. The acceptance of both light and dark ying yang.

They had always been there. And when the Old Republic begins to fall and the Sith and the Jedi are a clash of extremist [i'm sorry I always thought the sith and the jedi were both bullshit extremist] views, destroying, and killing the world. The Organization of the Elder begins to move.

Most stealth assassins, they have been "programmed" through teachings to become the white blood cells of the Sith and Jedi world. A nuetral party, kind of. They act like the immune response in the body. And begin to wipe out the foreign invaders making the world sick.

The Elder were never really sealed or sleeping. Since they are assasins they have always kept tabs on the Republic. The introduction of the Elder, means because they accept both good and evil which means your Elder characters will be able to use light and dark skill styles.

The Sith and Jedi will be also playable as well. Though we don't want any lame Obi-Wans running around or Anakin. No god no Anakins.

I'd also like to briefly explain that the Jedi and Sith current view of the force is wrong. Well okay it isn't wrong, but I'm changing it. The Sith and Jedi's current view is simply that there is minichlorins in the blood stream. And that was just way to weird and complicated and a little...imo...kind of stupid.

The Elder tap into more natural roots of the force and actually know where the force comes from. The Force is much more like spirit energy, entwined in one's soul. Much like Chakra from Naruto or DBZ kami kami ha.

This gives Elder a simple new tool, called Unlimiters and Overload. They really are kind of like the force unleashed. They have a more natural control over the force than Sith or Jedi.

-All though the Elder are playable, I can see how this can get out of hand. I also know that its possible most will go for it. Therefore we're only accepting a few other Elders. Since Digit and I are going to be playing Elder characters to focus the group a bit more.

-For Sith and Jedi we'll let you design your own lightsabers and force abilities. Just because they appear unpowered in our explanation of Elder, you can design them as you like. If you balance them out with their strengths and weakneses you'll have a character that is underpowered. Your characters powers are based on your own limitations as a writer creatively.

-I'd also like to explain further Unlimters and Overload. Overload is a strong burst of force, its kind of like when Goku powers up before he turns super saiyan. Not that they turn super saiyan, just they overload a large charge of force burst to create crater size holes in the ground. Overload can only be activated by those closest to the balance. And it leaves them weaker than a goldfish in an aquarium so don't rely on it. Unlimiters is a special technology that the Elder created. They are like wristwatches that help them channel their powers in a pure way. The old generation tends to frown upon Unlimiters, where as the younger generation tend to express a like in them.

----

Any questions feel free to ask any one of us.

elfguy

Well I'm a big Star Wars fan and am interested in any such RP, however my inner fandom cringes at reading some of this rewriting of the Star Wars history, which is not only non-canon but goes against a lot of what has already been established in the world. I'm not trying to be picky but with such a large departure from the actual Star Wars universe I have to wonder why didn't you go with your own futuristic world, or I'm sure there would have been a way to do the kind of plot you want to do without rewriting the SW history. Anyways that's just my comment.
----

Seaweed

Quote from: elfguy on June 01, 2011, 05:28:33 PM
Well I'm a big Star Wars fan and am interested in any such RP, however my inner fandom cringes at reading some of this rewriting of the Star Wars history, which is not only non-canon but goes against a lot of what has already been established in the world. I'm not trying to be picky but with such a large departure from the actual Star Wars universe I have to wonder why didn't you go with your own futuristic world, or I'm sure there would have been a way to do the kind of plot you want to do without rewriting the SW history. Anyways that's just my comment.

Because I actually like the Star Wars universe. I just hate both the Sith and the Jedi. They annoy me with their extremist idealistic bullshit. Also because originally Digit, wanted a Star Wars RP and needed a GM. I told them that I'd do it. Which means I kind of half to keep somewhere in that universe. I like the planets, I like the universe itself. I just didn't like some things and decided to fix them.

Btw, its only the impression that the Elder are Sith and Jedi. That's a plot thing. ;) I can't tell anything further. Its just mystery as these people claim their origins.

But I was also partly inspired by the kids television show. I can't remember the exact episode. But it was of these monkish people Anakin meets in a temple. And they test to him to see if he's a "chosen one" or some b.s. like that. But anyway I thought they were cool and decided to wrap an idea of the Elder being similiar in style.

elfguy

Well both the Jedi and Sith are pretty complex if you base yourself on more than just the movies. Anyways as I said I'm not sure if I'd want to join in we'll see what kind of interest the thread has.

Btw there's a pretty comprehensive visual history of Star Wars here for anyone interested:  http://dendory.net/timeline
----

Seaweed

Quote from: elfguy on June 01, 2011, 05:52:53 PM
Well both the Jedi and Sith are pretty complex if you base yourself on more than just the movies. Anyways as I said I'm not sure if I'd want to join in we'll see what kind of interest the thread has.

Btw there's a pretty comprehensive visual history of Star Wars here for anyone interested:  http://dendory.net/timeline

I think that I can set an alternative timeline. It doesn't mean what I wrote actually happened. It just means that there are alternative timelines.

Much like the parallel universe theory.

Dodge

Sounds interesting. I'd be interested in playing a Jedi, if this actually gets off the ground.

Seaweed

Quote from: Dodge on June 01, 2011, 09:59:27 PM
Sounds interesting. I'd be interested in playing a Jedi, if this actually gets off the ground.

I forgot to add something. This is a Star Wars RP that were mergining with bits of Assasin Creed.

And good to see interest Dodge.

Elf

As a big SW fan and someone that agrees with the view of Jedi and Seth being extremists I am very interested in this game. I am not familiar with the Assassin Creed game though. I would like to play an Elder or the very least a Jedi that has left the order after realizing that the Jedi's teachings were too one sided as were the Seth's. He would realize that a balance needs to be maintained.

One of my problems with whole Anakin story is the way the Jedi misinterpreted the prophecy about bringing balance to the force. Of course he had to kill all but a couple of Jedi and turn to the darkside that was how the balance was achieved.

Seaweed

Quote from: Elf on June 02, 2011, 02:56:57 AM
As a big SW fan and someone that agrees with the view of Jedi and Seth being extremists I am very interested in this game. I am not familiar with the Assassin Creed game though. I would like to play an Elder or the very least a Jedi that has left the order after realizing that the Jedi's teachings were too one sided as were the Seth's. He would realize that a balance needs to be maintained.

One of my problems with whole Anakin story is the way the Jedi misinterpreted the prophecy about bringing balance to the force. Of course he had to kill all but a couple of Jedi and turn to the darkside that was how the balance was achieved.

You don't really need to know Assassin Creed to follow my story. I'm only using technical things such as assassins and hidden blades. Ancient scriptures kind of things.

And a "Exiled" he exiled himself kind of, Jedi sounds interesting as well as a new Elder.

Elf

Thank you. Do have a specific character sheet you want us use? I will start my character creation as soon as I know what information you want and which you prefer I play either the new Elder or the self exiled Jedi.

DigitLninja

Character Thread is up and running, just click the link.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Seaweed

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Seaweed

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Elf

Perhaps if the GMs posted their character sheets here it would help generate more interest as well as give the rest of us an idea of what you're looking for from our characters. The lack of them and the fact that I haven't gotten an answer to what is preferred for my character Elder or "Exiled" Jedi.

HollowX

Are you going inbetween the Knights of the Old Republic time and the movie timeline? Cause I might see something like that happening (it's mentioned that both Revan and the Exile went to face some unknown threat). Either way I'm interested, just want to know where exactly this would be placed.

Seaweed

Quote from: Elf on June 03, 2011, 08:28:08 PM
Perhaps if the GMs posted their character sheets here it would help generate more interest as well as give the rest of us an idea of what you're looking for from our characters. The lack of them and the fact that I haven't gotten an answer to what is preferred for my character Elder or "Exiled" Jedi.

Sorry about not posting my sheet.

Quote from: Elf on June 02, 2011, 03:15:20 AM
Thank you. Do have a specific character sheet you want us use? I will start my character creation as soon as I know what information you want and which you prefer I play either the new Elder or the self exiled Jedi.

Here is the character sheet which Digit had posted: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=108838.0

Next: The choice between Elder and Exiled is up to you. We do not have a specific character you should use. Give me some of your ideas and we'll work something out. okie.

Elf

Thank you, I have seen the CS you want us to use. I was hoping to see the characters that you are planning on using. Just to get a better idea of how you want the sheet filled out and to possibly generate more interest here. I have found that if a completed CS or two are in the interest thread it helps to encourage others to create characters and join.

DigitLninja

I'll do my best to post up my character ASAP on the Character thread.
Quotes to Live by:

Elf

Thank you. I will work on my character today.

I notice that there is not a section for race on the CS, are other than human races allowed? Are the Elders a race of their own or a collection of different races of force users like the Jedi and Sith? I'm asking because I would like my character to a Cathar and will wait to actually create the character on a GM decision.

DigitLninja

Feel free to choose any race you wish for your Force enlightened character, as long as you have an accurate description of the appearance or a picture then your golden.
Quotes to Live by:

Elf

Thanks already have a pic selected, just wanted to be sure it was allowed before actual character creation.

Thank you for posting your character as well, I should get mine up today.

DigitLninja

No problem, let's hope it motivates more people to join up ^^
Quotes to Live by:

Elf

Indeed, I do hope it encourages more to join.