Welcome to the Continental [John Wick Universe Recruitment Thread]

Started by RegretNot, March 11, 2018, 09:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RegretNot

Welcome to the Continental

The world of the legendary hitman John Wick, Baba Yaga, is a rich and deep immersive world of the criminal underground that lurks within the shadows of the real world that normal people occupy.  There are different sects in play and games of power and intrigue.  This game looks to expand into this world and find characters making their way in it either through what they were destined to do or merely what they were born to be.  The setting will start in New York with the understanding the game might expand out to other areas much like the series has done. 

Setting:

John Wick has just killed Santino D'Antonio and fled the city.  The protection of Winston for the hour has gotten him free of the confines of NYC and many have gone after the fourteen million dollar bounty that carries only the stipulation that John Wick must die.  Many have gone after a very large payday and many have been left for dead from the original flight of John Wick when they were found wanting against the legendary Baba Yaga.  The D'Antonio Crime Family is without a head as they try to sort themselves out as the Tarasov's do the same under the direction of Abram.  This is a place for those looking to make a name for themselves both in the crime families and the membership of the Continental to make a name for themselves as well as the other factions present to make their own headway.  What new players will emerge in the underworld? 

Characters:

Players will be encouraged to make characters that are part of the Continental either through membership or working for it, as well as non Heads of crime families, or other faction members that have a reason to focus on the setting.  Contracts need to be completed and power vacuums need to be filled this will focus on the interplay in the Underworld of New York and the surrounding areas with GM Events in a semi open sandbox world of the John Wick universe. 

If there is enough interest I will continue to work on the information I have in my world building and posting it up.  This is not a system game. 

Lisa2lady

Rebelle

Definitely and totally one hundred percent down.

IF this were to go off I am thinking of either someone who's working two sides against the whole...

i.e. Continental and Soup Kitchen, or a disgraced family member who's struck out on their own.   

Relikai

Ace Flyer

Interested! I'm sure I can find some time in my posting schedule...somewhere... >>;;

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

BlackStone

I was thinking this concept this weekend as I was watching John Wick 2.  So yes, interested

Juggtacular

Kadigan

When would this be taking place in terms of the Wick films? Before or After? 2 seemed to shake up quite a lot..

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Rebelle

That picture is fucking -awesome-

Keanu Reeves is the man, I have always said so.

I was on that train before it was cool :D

RegretNot

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on March 12, 2018, 04:16:15 PM
When would this be taking place in terms of the Wick films? Before or After? 2 seemed to shake up quite a lot..

It will take place after John Wick 2. 

RegretNot

The Organizations

The High Table

The High Table is a council of high-level crime lords that each lead one of the underworld's most powerful organization. The council comprises 12 seats, with each seat often owned by a family.  The only known family is the D'Antonio family that has had two heads killed by John Wick.  The other 11 are made up of family seats and likely have their homes spread out throughout the world as the D'Antonio seemed to be based in Italy. 

The Continental

The Continental is more than just a hotel for the criminal underworld, it’s an entire network of facilities and services that enable assassins to do their job. Of the two rules in this underworld, one of them applies specifically to The Continental: no business on Continental grounds. While most assassins like John Wick and Cassian strictly adhere to this rule, not everyone is so honorable, as we see Ms. Perkins killed for violating this rule in the first movie.

While the High Table is a supreme authority in most cases, The Continental is an autonomous organization, and its various branch managers – Winston in New York and Julius in Rome, among others – have complete authority over Continental business. In fact, Winston may even have a history of pushing back against The High Table.

The Continental’s concierge can provide for almost any needs for their exclusive clientele.

These services include:

A Sommelier is normally an expert in fine wines, offering customers advice on important matters like wine and food pairing. Naturally, a sommelier is one of the services provided by the Continental, only this particular wine shop is a front for a high-end armory.  A fully array of weapons means that they have the perfect recommendation for any occasion. 

The Tailor can help provide with high class apparel but with that they offer armor lining and resistance that leave the wearer usually bloody and battered rather than dead.  The Tailor provides their services for both men and women in a variety of styles and can even produce same day turnaround.

The Cartographer’s map collection is full of both ancient diagrams and modern blueprints, detailing the layout of many local sites. The Cartographer reviews his clientele’s travel plans and helps to provide all the logistical data necessary for their missions.  In addition to these manuscripts and documents, the Cartographer can also provide the keys necessary to access certain areas. 

The Soup Kitchen

The Bowery King rose through the ranks to become the head of a vast network of intelligence operatives, covering almost every corner of New York City. This network relies largely on agents in the guise of homeless panhandlers, using access to the city’s underground tunnels and passageways to quickly move about with ease.

The Bowery King also manages a flock of homing pigeons, used for secure delivery of messages or other small objects. Keeping these communications off of the phone lines ensures an additional level of secrecy.  The Soup Kitchen is not officially working for or with any organization but is rising in power of it's own. 

The Pawnbrokers

Some assassins may have small stashes stored in various banks around the world to ensure they can access important resources in an emergency.  This is seen when John Wick goes to a small pawnshop where he gets not only a stash of gold coins but supplies he has left there before leaving the country. 

The Cleaners

The Cleaners masquerade as a waste disposal company but they are there to dispose of the mess that the life in the underworld can leave behind.  They dispose of bodies one per gold coin and leave little evidence of what has transpired once done. 

Currency and Favors

Gold Coins

The currency used in the underworld is mostly gold coins, crafted by a coin maker and approved for distribution by The Continental’s manager. While their use is universal in this criminal society, there is not a consistent exchange rate. A single coin can be exchanged for any single good or service, be it a knife, an AR-15, a single night at The Continental, clean-up and disposal of one dead body, or a single bar tab. This may be to establish an even playing field among all assassins in which the value of a coin is determined by the skill of the owner instead of pure volume of wealth.

Despite the reliance on the gold coins, assassination contracts are assigned with a value designated in US dollars, possibly emphasizing that value is based on the individual. This would suggest that while any good or service can be exchanged for a fixed value of one coin, the value of individuals is a variable amount.  Obviously not all things in the life can be bought with gold coins as they must still exist the normal person's world as well. 

The Marker

A marker is small round object indicating the debt of a blood oath between two individuals. Opening in the middle to reveal a divided surface, the debtor presses a bloody thumbprint on one side to commit an oath is owed, while the debtee likewise presses their bloody thumb to the other side to indicate when an oath has been fulfilled.  Records of blood oaths are registered and tracked by The Continental. 

Ron Don Volante

Extremely interested. Got a character all lined up and everything.
My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

RegretNot

Character Sheet

[center][b][size=14pt]Character Sheet:[/size][/b][/center]

[center][size=12pt][i][b]The Basics[/b][/i][/size][/center]

[float=right][img height=250]http://*insert character picture link here*[/img][/float]

[b]Full Name:[/b]

[b]Nickname:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Hometown:[/b]

[b]Profession:[/b]

[b]Faction:[/b] [If directly involved with one of the organizations]

[b]Reputation:[/b] [1-10, and describe it]

[b]Armament:[/b]

[b]Specialty:[/b]

[center][size=12pt][i][b]Physical Appearance[/b][/i][/size][/center]

[b]Description: [/b]

[b]Distinguishing Features: [/b]

[center][img height=200]http://*insert character picture link here*[/img][img height=200]http://*insert character picture link here*[/img][img height=200]http://*insert character picture link here*[/img][img height=200]http://*insert character picture link here*[/img][/center]

[center][size=12pt][i][b]Delving Deeper[/b][/i][/size][/center]

[b]Personality:[/b] [At least a paragraph][Also you may list traits - Suggestion would be a mixture of positive, negative and neutral traits] [http://ideonomy.mit.edu/essays/traits.html]

[b]History:[/b] [Tell me about your character, his/her family, details. At least 3  paragraphs. We want to have an idea on where your character came from, and what they've done to get where they are now.]

[center][size=12pt][i][b]A Little More[/b][/i][/size][/center]

[b]Likes:[/b]

[b]Dislikes:[/b]

[b]Habits | Mannerisms:[/b] [At least three]

[b]Strengths:[/b]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Fears:[/b] (None is NOT an acceptable answer)

[center][size=12pt][i][b]Extras:[/b][/i][/size][/center]

[b]Theme Song:[/b][Optional]

[b]Character Goals:[/b][At least two]

Example:

Character Sheet:

The Basics

Full Name: Jonathan Wick

Nickname: Baba Yaga, The Boogeyman

Hometown: Unknown

Profession: Hitman that can't seem to retire

Faction: None, Ex communicated by The Continental. 

Reputation: 10 - Universally known in all the factions and feared by most for good reason.

Armament: Armor lined suit and pistols are his usual with an added knife for good measure.  Rifles and Shotguns as the situation deems its.

Specialty: Vengeance at all costs.

Physical Appearance

Description: John stands 6'1 with black hair and dark brown eyes with a black well trimmed beard.  He has a lithe build and is covered with tattoos on his back that are from a time long ago.  His intensity is unmistakable as his reputation proceeds itself. 

Distinguishing Features: Most know who John Wick is.

Delving Deeper

Personality: John is a driven individual that once he sets his sights on something will make sure to see it through by sheer force of will.  He has a hidden side to him that cares deeply by his love for his late wife Helen and his adopted pitbull.  A vengeful sort when wronged John will stop at nothing to pay back those who are guilty of crimes against him.  Honorable in his own way as he lets those live who run afoul of him without the intention and has given many the chance to either die and shoot him in the back or choose life. 

History: John's childhood remains shrouded but he joined the Marine Corps as a young man where he started learning his skills that would lead him towards being a hitman.  Once he was no longer in the military he joined the Continental, a hotel catering exclusively to criminals. , gaining a reputation for his efficiency, making him highly respected and feared within the criminal underworld, and the underworld of his bedroom.

At some point he began a business relationship with Russian mobster Viggo Tarasov. VIggo valued Wick as an associate for his skill, witnessing him kill three men with a single pencil.

Wick met a woman named Helen, whom he fell deeply in love with, seeking to leave his life as a criminal to be with her. He asked Viggo's permission to leave, Viggo agreed to let Wick leave, on the condition he complete "an impossible task", killing all of his rivals.

Needing assistance, Wick sought the help of Santino D'Antonio, in exchange for making a blood oath with him. Upon completing the task, Wick was freed from his service to Viggo, and retired from his life of crime.  Upon the death of his wife he is revisted by his past when the son of Viggo Tarasov, Iosef, goes to steal his car and kills his dog, given to him posthumously by his wife, during the home invasion.  John learning who stole his vehicle he goes after not only Iosef but also Viggo killing both. 

Upon completion of his vengeance he spares Abram Tarasov and moves to retire once again.  Before he can fade into retirement John is approached by Santino D'Antonio calling in his marker to kill his sister Gianna.  Reluctantly the hitman accepts and completes his mission after Gianna orders her subordinates to be left alone. Once the mission is complete, Santino orders his men to kill John, who manages to survive the attack from Santino's men.  Later Santino tries to make peace with John, but he is ignored and places a $7,000,000 bounty on his head. A lot of hitmen attempted to kill John, but John kills them all. 

John Wick arrives at the Bowery King where his wounds are treated. And then John convinces the Bowery King to help him kill Santino, who provides him a gun with ammo and information about Santino's location. John manages to kill most of Santino's henchmen and kills Ares, Santino's bodyguard, while Santino escapes at Continental Hotel. Santino demands Winston to revoke John Wick's membership, but he decided and tells him that Continental is his kingdom and John hasn't broken any rules yet.  At the same time, Winston tells Santino that he has privileges in the Continental. However, John Wick arrives and kills Santino while he is eating, despite Winston's warnings. The next day, Winston tells John that the bounty has been doubled and placed international. He also tells him that he is excomunicado, but gives John Wick 1 hour head start and provides him with a Marker for future use. John then runs while he is suspicious about the possible hitmen that surround him.

A Little More

Likes:  American Muscle Cars, Heckler & Koch P30L, Blanton's Burbon, Dogs, Pencils

Dislikes:  Animal Cruelty, Usurpers

Habits | Mannerisms: Checking magazine manually for bullet count in high stress,

Strengths:

Indomitable Will: Once John sets his mind on a goal, he will not stop until that task is complete, no matter what obstacles get in his way. His level of focus has earned him a legendary status in the Assassin community. To be with the love of his life Helen, John completed a task that was deemed impossible, but his desire to retire and live with Helen led him to find the strength to complete this task.

Peak Physical Condition: John is a man who keeps himself in great shape and maintains a strict level of training. His strength, speed, reflexes, agility and stamina are in top conditioning, for a man of his age.

High Pain Tolerance: Despite his mastery of martial arts and firearms, John is injured frequently but rarely notices beyond checking his wounds for bleeding. During his final fight with Viggo, John allows Viggo's knife to reenter an already existing stab wound; this causes a considerable amount of pain but allows him to win the fight by breaking Viggo's arm while simultaneously avoiding creating any new wounds.

Master Tactician: As a master hitman, John is highly capable of casing out, planning and executing assassinations. He is also highly spatially aware in combat situations, making use of the environment, weapons held by dead enemies and even, legendarily, pencils.

Master Marksman: Although the source of his skills in firearms is unclear, it is safe to say that John knows his way around a variety of pistols, rifles and shotguns as well as being able to precisely eliminate targets from a long distance (as seen in his raid on the Tarasov Safehouse).

Highly Skilled Martial Artist: John is highly trained in hand to hand combat, with training in Judo, Jujitsu, Krav Maga, and Brazilian jiu-jitsu. He can quickly outmaneuver, outmatch or simply outlast his opponents, even being capable of taking on multiple enemies at once.

Expert Driver: During his "retirement", John drove his vintage Mustang 69 on a racing track as a hobby, allowing him to keep his skills behind the wheel sharp. He is able to kill enemies with vehicles, delivering sideswipes, reverses and head-on collisions to deal devastating damage.

“Linguist:” John is shown to be fluent in several languages, including English, Russian, Italian and Sign Language. He uses these skills a number of times when conversing with friends and enemies alike.

Weaknesses:

Vengeance: Wick can't stop himself from killing the people who took things from him, which lead to all of his problems and the death of a close friend.

Bullets and mortality: Although John Wick is feared as the legendary hitman, he is still susceptible to bullets, wounds and and other injuries. Additionally, at this point, nothing has confirmed that John Wick will not eventually die of old age, if not killed by another method.

Overconfidence: John Wick is overconfident of his reputation, which can be seen when he seeks help from "The Bowery King" and when he asks Winston to tell he will kill anyone who comes after him.

Fears: Being Alone, Drowning

Extras:

Theme Song: John Wick

Character Goals: Survive, Kill all those who come for him.

Deamonbane

Is Wick going to be a character in the game, or is that sheet just an example?
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

RegretNot

John Wick isn't in New York, he may be an npc later.

Juggtacular

Quote from: RegretNot on March 13, 2018, 01:09:05 PM
John Wick isn't in New York, he may be an npc later.

Are people allowed to have non-aggressive backstories with him?

RegretNot

Quote from: Juggtacular on March 13, 2018, 04:56:14 PM
Are people allowed to have non-aggressive backstories with him?

Yes, in fact I would think a lot of people would be non-aggressive to him who decided to stay in NYC or at least indifferent. 

Amarlo

Ah... crap. I should probably watch John Wick 2 then. >.>;

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

RegretNot

Quote from: Amarlo on March 14, 2018, 05:59:40 PM
Ah... crap. I should probably watch John Wick 2 then. >.>;

Likely a good idea, it expands on the setting a lot more as well. 

RegretNot

With this much interest I am now turning this into a recruitment thread and taking sheets.  They can be pmed to me and I will be putting up a Character Thread and OOC this weekend.  Hope to see some good characters coming to the world of John Wick. 

Deamonbane

Quote from: RegretNot on March 14, 2018, 08:12:46 PM
Likely a good idea, it expands on the setting a lot more as well.
That and it's a spectacularly fun film.

Rebelle

I plan on working on a character Friday after work. 

Still churning some ideas in the brain pan, but I am super excited. 

Looks like there's a lot of talent here :D