Ravenloft: Borne of Decadence

Started by Faeylin, September 02, 2009, 05:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chloe Milev

Kay, got rid of dwarf foreigner and nobleman.  Now just a young human noblewoman from a poor family who tells fortunes for entertainment and favors.  Sorceress who doesn't know the source of her powers, but finds herself oddly attracted (and curiously aroused) to stories of monsters and the occult.

Actually, there are a lot of bards, sorcerers, and wizards here.  Maybe she'll just be a rogue who pretends to magic.

Name:  Kolette de Brest
Race:  Human
Alignment:  Chaotic neutral
Height:  5’ 6”
Weight:  110 lbs
Sexual Orientation:  Omni
Sexual Nature:  Slut
Appearance:  Long dark hair pinned up, pale skin, green eyes.  She wears the usual long dark dress and high-button boots.  Her bust has filled in quite nicely, and she likes to show it off over her corset.
Personality and Motives:  Fascinated with stories of monsters and the occult, she tells fortunes, reads cards, and performs little tricks in attempts to impress her rich friends and curry favors.  Likes to tell scary stories at night.
Background/Concept:  From a poor noble family.  In her quest for popularity, she always keeps an ear out for juicy gossip and rumors, and has even disguised herself or picked a locked diary to get the information she needs.  She isn’t a backstabbing, blackmailing gossip; it’s simply an exciting game of playing the spy that gives her a rush.  Plus she can always use private information of a person to better read their fortune.

Stats:  Str 10, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 8, Cha 18
Level:  1
Class:  Rogue
HP:  8
Saves:  Fort +2, Ref +4, Will -1
Languages:  Mordentish, Draconic, Darkonese, Balok, Vaasi
Skills:  Bluff +8, Diplomacy +8, Disguise +8, Forgery +8, Gather information +8, Knowledge (Arcana +6, Dungeoneering +5, History +5, Local +9, Nature +5, Nobility +8, Religion +5, The planes +5), Open lock +3, Perform ("Magic," Act, Oratory, Sing, Dance) +8, Sense motive +3, Sleight of hand +6, Tumble +3, Use magic device +8
Feats:  Education, Versatile performer
Class Abilities:  Sneak attack +1d6, Trapfinding

Money and Items:  Poor by noble standards.  She travels and lives with friends to share their lifestyle, or plays parlor tricks to earn favors.
Special Items, Jewelry, Weapons, etc:  Tarot cards, Crystal ball (non-magical), Lockpicks
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Faeylin

Quote from: Chloe Milev on September 04, 2009, 05:50:18 PM
Well, here's my concept before I actually post a sheet:

A dwarven noblewoman from a poor clan...Or, if anyone wanted something more unusual, like a totally femme crossdressing human nobleman?

We're actually staying away from any races but human. The furthest we could go is to have a halfling, but they're always considered lower class, and in the story you'd have a sort of servant role; probably better just to stick with being human.

You could play a cross-dressing nobleman, but chances are you'd have to play in multiple roles. Society and family would expect you to be a man; your friends would probably be a bit uncomfortable whenever you were crossdressing. That's not to say it can't be done, however, and I would actually love a nobleman character that had a thing for wearing women's clothing; it would likely be a sort of secret of his, though.

In other stories, beyond this one, I could see you playing multiple characters (male and female personas), but for the purpose of this story there's just no way to hide the fact that your character is a male nobleman in a dress. It likely wouldn't fit in as an all-the-time thing.

If you can just reread the setting and the premise for the opening story (group of friends and servants head off for a week of fun at a newly purchased estate), it should help a lot when it comes to creating prospective characters. Feel free to throw other ideas out.
"Come into my parlor," said the spider, ever sly.
"I have these sexy, long legs, and I'd love to suck you dry!"

Ons & Offs - My Idea Thread [F/F]

Myrleena

Posting my character here as well as the character thread.

Name: Sylria
Class: Wizard 1
Race: Elf
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Height & Weight: 5' 7" & 106 lbs.

Sexual Orientation: Lesbian

Sexual Nature: Reserved.  Often frightened and worry, Sylria is slow to make friends, and only someone who earns her trust could hope to be intimate with her.  She doesn't know much of her past, but occasionally her eyes tear up when seeing someone with particular features.

Appearance: Sylria is fairly tall for an elf, and has extraordinarily pale skin and fine features.  Long, slender ears peek from her knee length silver-gold locks, though one lock is coppery red, which draws the eye to her eyes.  Deep blue eyes, the type that seem to nearly glow in the dark, gaze out watchfully from her fine-featured face.  Her fingers are long and mobile, allowing her to perform her art easily.  When casting spells, flowing orange runes appear on her arms, spreading as she casts, and then vanishing when the spell is done.

Personality & Motives: Sylria is alien and she knows it.  Her history goes back no more than two weeks, at which point her memory fragments, giving her only bits and pieces that she will not share.  Very jumpy and looking worried much of the time, few enjoy her company for long, as she seems somewhat creepy to most residents of the realm.  She is polite, and kind as she knows how, but tries to keep people at arms length, as if to keep them safe from her.  She doesn't know the reason for the runes that appear on her, but they merely serve to keep others farther from her.

Background/Concept: Sylria's history is a mystery to her, though she knows exactly why that is.  Her memory stretches back a mere two weeks, to a shadowy figure that offered her a deal in order to avoid the fate of her two friends and her lover, all dead in a dark tower.  Her memories, power, and an unspecified service in exchange for her life.  Hellish bays all around, she accepted, and appeared in the woods, devoid of much of her memory.  Now she travels alone, afraid of what is coming, and agonizing over the fact that she cannot remember those she lost.  She has knowledge she cannot explain, and much of the knowledge she has doesn't fit the land she is in, naught of magic, nor of the people.  Now she is searching for somewhere to hide and learn what happened.

Money & Items: Sylria has an odd assortment of items that she wishes she could explain.  A significant amount of coin was in her bag when she woke, of silver, gold, and platinum, but she could not identify whom minted it.  Her dress was of fine silken fibers, with silver strands woven through it, and it never tears or becomes dirty.  A locket of mithril is her most unusual possession, and she has been unable to find a way to open it as of yet.  Her spellbook is obviously old, with dozens of notations for spells that she has yet to decipher, though she tries frequently.  The book is larger than it appears, and the implications frighten her.

Faeylin

Quote from: Chloe Milev on September 04, 2009, 05:50:18 PM
Kay, got rid of dwarf foreigner and nobleman.  Now just a young human noblewoman from a poor family who tells fortunes for entertainment and favors.

....Actually, there are a lot of bards, sorcerers, and wizards here.  Maybe she'll just be a rogue who pretends to magic.  Of course, she'll have to be that much more impressive to keep up with everyone else.

...adds accessories such as fishnet gloves and choker to add some occultish mystery... 

...from a poor noble family of Kartakass, sent to Dementlieu to find a husband.

Okay, I actually went and did some research on your posts and stuff, and your writing is really very decent. I talked over your original character concept (a very beautiful cross dressing nobleman) with Alluistras as well; were definitely not prudish or adverse to characters that push the envelope. They just have to feel real and fit in.

If you want to play a gorgeous crossdresser, that would be okay with a few rules. First, if it's a nobleman, it would be a deep, dark secret, and so on, like I wrote before. However, if your character is not noble, and is more a plaything for noble men (similar in concept to Estelle, but slightly different), then your character could be in female garb and persona at all times. Dementlieu is a very advanced and sophisticated place, and it completely makes sense that there would be a crowd that would cater to all of the fantasies of men (and possibly women). However, in any situation that could lead to romance, flirting, or sex, you should always make sure that your partners (the players) know your character is a playing across gender and that you're not violating any of their offs.

Again, you'd have to handle the role with care and dignity, but if you did, it would be okay.

If you just want to stick with your posted character, that's fine too, but there are a few things I should mention. From what I read, I see her as a scoundrel of sorts, pretending to be able to tell the future and to perform magical tricks. I like that just fine.

As far as fishnet goes, I'm not sure that such a thing would actually exist in this sort of time period. We're talking elaborate white wigs and ball gowns, and fishnet is a bit more modern (and I could be wrong, so correct me if I am; runs off to wiki fishnet stockings).

As far as foreigners go, I'd like to keep everyone native to Dementlieu. It's possible that your character is from the lower classes, and that there is Kartarkan blood in your ancestry (to account for the eye color), but it's important that you were born in Dementlieu. I want lands beyond the borders to be mysterious, faraway places.

Again, with this sort of a concept, the only real way to get invited into the group is to be attached to a male noble. Sex is pretty much the only function a lower class woman could provide that would allow her access to the higher tiers of society...and only a male character would have enough freedom, in this setting, to openly flaunt a mistress/plaything. Female noblewomen might stoop down to let someone give her reading, for fun, but never among her friends and she would never, ever risk damaging her image by inviting a commoner to spend time with her on equal terms.

As far as everyone having magic goes...that's kind of an embarrassing thing for each of them (and it just kind of happened that we ended up with a lot of casters). Magic is considered trivial and only useful for entertainment in Dementlieu, so they don't see themselves as incredibly powerful, or anything...not yet anyway.

Chloe Milev

Quote from: Faeylin on September 04, 2009, 08:46:46 PM
If you want to play a gorgeous crossdresser, that would be okay with a few rules. First, if it's a nobleman, it would be a deep, dark secret, and so on, like I wrote before. However, if your character is not noble, and is more a plaything for noble men (similar in concept to Estelle, but slightly different), then your character could be in female garb and persona at all times. Dementlieu is a very advanced and sophisticated place, and it completely makes sense that there would be a crowd that would cater to all of the fantasies of men (and possibly women). However, in any situation that could lead to romance, flirting, or sex, you should always make sure that your partners (the players) know your character is a playing across gender and that you're not violating any of their offs.

Hmm, that seems to be more Off than On according to signatures.  It would be fun to try, but I'll just stay female unless anyone DEMANDS otherwise :3

QuoteIf you just want to stick with your posted character, that's fine too, but there are a few things I should mention. From what I read, I see her as a scoundrel of sorts, pretending to be able to tell the future and to perform magical tricks. I like that just fine.

As far as fishnet goes, I'm not sure that such a thing would actually exist in this sort of time period. We're talking elaborate white wigs and ball gowns, and fishnet is a bit more modern (and I could be wrong, so correct me if I am; runs off to wiki fishnet stockings).

As far as foreigners go, I'd like to keep everyone native to Dementlieu. It's possible that your character is from the lower classes, and that there is Kartarkan blood in your ancestry (to account for the eye color), but it's important that you were born in Dementlieu. I want lands beyond the borders to be mysterious, faraway places.

Sorry, not trying to be difficult.  I'll make her a native.  Fishnets are probably way too late.

QuoteAgain, with this sort of a concept, the only real way to get invited into the group is to be attached to a male noble. Sex is pretty much the only function a lower class woman could provide that would allow her access to the higher tiers of society...and only a male character would have enough freedom, in this setting, to openly flaunt a mistress/plaything. Female noblewomen might stoop down to let someone give her reading, for fun, but never among her friends and she would never, ever risk damaging her image by inviting a commoner to spend time with her on equal terms.

As far as everyone having magic goes...that's kind of an embarrassing thing for each of them (and it just kind of happened that we ended up with a lot of casters). Magic is considered trivial and only useful for entertainment in Dementlieu, so they don't see themselves as incredibly powerful, or anything...not yet anyway.

Kay, less flamboyant, more doing mundane tricks for her friends?  Is that innocent enough that a noble could do it for entertainment?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Faeylin

Quote from: Chloe Milev on September 04, 2009, 09:14:16 PM
Hmm, that seems to be more Off than On according to signatures.  It would be fun to try, but I'll just stay female unless anyone DEMANDS otherwise :3

Sorry, not trying to be difficult.  I'll make her a native.  Fishnets are probably way too late.

Kay, less flamboyant, more doing mundane tricks for her friends?  Is that innocent enough that a noble could do it for entertainment?

Okay, sounds perfect. Thanks for being so accommodating and welcome to the game!

Kathadon

Name: Sebastian "Bastian" Archambault
Race: Human
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Height & Weight: 6’ 2” and 240 lbs.
Sexual Orientation: Hetero
Sexual Nature: Tease he is good looking and knows it. Enjoying the attention of various women at times, but Sebastian has been pining for a certain noblewoman since a secret affair a few summers back.

Appearance: With fine broad shoulders and thick arms Sebastian looks bred for the life of a smith. He has shoulder-length, black hair, worn loose or tied back in a short ponytail. He has attempted to grow a beard in the past, however, he has a baby face and given up on anything past a thin goatee. Often he has the beginnings of a five o’clock shadow after many a hard hour at the forge.

While his rich brown eyes can seem dull at times, he is often quiet, taking time to think things over and process them. Which sometimes gives him the appearance of being slow-witted when in truth, he thinks very thoroughly.

Personality: A kind-hearted young man. Sebastian does not stomach the games or duplicity of others, though he has learned that he has to often hold his tongue when dealing with nobles.

More than anything he wishes to win the heart of his noblewoman. Going so far as to joining the King’s army to just have the chance to become a renowned general to rise in status. Disillusioned at being told his skills as a smith would mean he would be slaving away forging swords and repairing armor all day, he abandoned the idea.

Now Sebastian is considering a life of adventure to earn a fortune to become worthy of his lady fair.

Background:

The symphony of the forge rang out across the courtyard of his lordship’s manor. Sebastian swung his hammer. Once, twice, three quick strikes ring out as he gripped the yellow hot steel with heavy tongs. The steady whoosh of the bellows stroked the fire which added its own choir to the song. Working the metal on the rounded horn of the anvil three quick taps finished the tune.

Sweat trickled down the back of the young bull of a man as his thick arms thrust the piece he was working back into the coals. Bins held lengths of iron and steel in various thicknesses around the large open room. His eyes drawn toward the finely worked bridal hanging from a peg across from him. Moons and stars worked in silver decorated it. Looking down he watched the metal as its color lightened to just short of pure white. Ready he pulled it out with his tongs, laid it on the anvil, folding the edges of the bar. Hammering the middle out to a broad blade from time to time he returned the metal to the coals. Soon a crude knife blade began to take shape.

“She’ll like it, lad.” His master’s words startled him from his work. He cursed as he almost dropped the red hot steel.

“It is to be her birthday present, Master Cauthon,” Sebastion said, sheepishly rubbing the back of head.

“Lad…” Master Cauthon was a bear of a man his face framed by a shaggy brown beard just beginning to show signs of gray. “We need to talk.” A sad look came to the old smith’s eyes as he sat on a nearby anvil.

“You know lad young love,” he began. “It is a wondrous thing it can make you feel like there is nothing you cannot overcome.” The man paused searching for the words to tell his apprentice that the lady’s father would never approve.
===========================================

Stats: You start out with six different traits, including: Strength (physical power), Dexterity (agility), Constitution (strength of body), Intelligence, Wisdom (common sense and force of will) and Charisma (attractiveness derived from both physical appearance and character). Simply order them from most exceptional to weakest trait, and I'll handle the rest.
Sebastian chooses: Strength, Constitution, Charisma, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom

Class: Barbarian or Fighter?

Feats & Skills: An accomplished blacksmith and an expert tavern brawler. He also knows the weak points of many different types of weapons and armor.

Special Abilities: ???

Money & Items: Has a few coins hidden away from years of saving that he plans to use to fund his adventures. Or perhaps, if he is lucky, an elopement and a new life somewhere far away.

Always carries a thick twenty pound hammer used at his work in the forge stuck in a loop on his belt. When wielding it he uses an old blacksmith's trick and ties a leather strap around his wrist to the hammer's haft so not to drop it.

A beautifully crafted silver etched dagger, decorated with moons and stars is sheathed in his boot. A gift he plans to give to his noble woman.

Lastly he wears a partially completed chain mail vest under his shirt. His own work. After he was forbidden to join the King's army as anything other than a smith he set about crafting this armor.
My ON'S and OFF'S:

I'll do whatever pleases but I'll bleed 'em in the end.

My BDSM test results.

Transgirlenstein

Base Character Information (System & Freeform)

Name: Justine Sade
Alignment: Lawful Good
Height & Weight: 5'5", 120 lbs.
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian; pretends to be Straight
Sexual Nature: Knight in shining armor.  Justine is very chivalrous, basically wanting to be the hero.  Unknown to even herself, she is a closet masochist/submissive.

Appearance:

Personality & Motives: Justine is from a very wealthy family.  She is quiet loyal and true, everything one would expect from a fairytale knight.  She has had to hide her attraction to damsels in distress though as her family would frown on their daughter's sapphic leanings.  Justine always tries to do what is right, no matter the cost.  One could easily lead her down the wrong path as she tends to look at things from a fairytale prospective.

Background/Concept: Justine is the only daughter from a well to do noble family.  She was raised on her grandfather's knee and listened to many tales of heroic knights saving the damsels in distress from horrible monsters.  These stories have shaped her life even after he passed away.  Justine is well learned in society and etiquette, traits her family are proud of.  Growing up, she was a bit of a tomboy though.  It was common to find her acting out a fairytale, stick in hand chasing after the poor dragon (cat).
Her family has expectations of their daughter, expectations which clash with her true self.  As she grew, she found she was not attracted to men as they would want her to be.  She has kept these feelings and other darker ones locked away and tried her best to make them proud.  Someday she needs to learn that she needs to be herself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Creation, System

Stats:  Str 10 , Dex 16, Con 14 , Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 18

Level: 1

Class: Paladin

HP: 12

Languages: Justine speaks Mordent, Richemolt (basically French) and Celestial (which she learned in church)

Skills: Decipher Script +3, Diplomacy +10, Handle Animal +6, Heal +2, Knowledge (Nobility) +6, Knowledge (Religion) +4, Ride +5, Sense Motive +4

Feats: Negotiator, Weapon Finesse

Class Abilities: Aura of Good, Detect Evil and Smite Evil (1x/day; add +4 to melee attack roll, paladin levels to damage), Code of Conduct.  Justine is not fully aware that she is a paladin.  Obviously she has no way of knowing she has an aura of good, detect evil when used works as a sort of gut feeling.  She knows something is wrong with this person.  Smite evil might be visual but more often, it is a feeling that she should strike there and then.  Like all paladins, she has a code of conduct.  Hers is the code of conduct of a fairytale knight or prince.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Creation, Final (System & Freeform)

Money & Items: Justine's family is well off.  She has a few belongings in a trunk that she has brought with her including a few outfits.

Special Items, Jewelry, Weapons, etc: Justine possesses a rapier and a suit of fine light chainmail.  These sit in her trunk, they were gifts from her grandfather.  Around her neck she wears a silver holy symbol of the goddess Ezra.  She also has one or two books containing fairytales as she enjoys reading.  Currently in search of other books, perhaps she will find one or two that will bring forth her more darker hidden thoughts?

(yes the name is a big reference.  Free cookie if you get the full reference)
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Chloe Milev

In reference to a certain Marquis, perhaps?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Transgirlenstein

Indeed..that and a certain heroine of his.

Would accept a twin not so nice sister named Juliette as well..

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Faeylin

Quote from: Kathadon on September 05, 2009, 05:45:56 AM
Sexual Nature: Tease he is good looking and knows it. Enjoying the attention of various women at times, but Sebastian has been pining for a certain noblewoman since a secret affair a few summers back.

Such a show off! I approve...greatly...gleefully. We really did need some more male characters in the story, and you fit that need quite perfectly! Welcome aboard; we're looking at a start date of next Wed, but it might be pushed up. Most of the people who have expressed interest in the story so far have created enough of their characters...and I'm really bad at being patient :P

Faeylin

Quote from: Queentrippingserpent on September 05, 2009, 10:03:48 AM
Base Character Information (System & Freeform)

Name: Justine Sade

(yes the name is a big reference.  Free cookie if you get the full reference)

I only got the Marquis reference; bad on keeping up with a lot of the biography surrounding literature. I love her a lot as well. I'm thinking we're getting pretty close to being ready to go. I probably should make character sheets up for everyone, but it's really not entirely necessary.I love our newest addition as well. So far we number...9-10, I think, with one last slowpoke on the way.

If anyone else is interested, please speak up and get involved fast. Once the story starts, character additions to the story will be restricted. We might still have room for players to pick up NPC characters, but where's the fun in that?

I need a couple of days to finish up the setting, plot, and side characters, but you guys are going to love the story. :P

Transgirlenstein

I have a character sheet for her, just need to post it.  Justine is a character from Sade's novel 'Justine' in which the noble and virtious Justine is tempted and tormented and lured in by those pretending to be good.

Chaos

Quote from: Queentrippingserpent on September 05, 2009, 11:35:45 AM
I have a character sheet for her, just need to post it.  Justine is a character from Sade's novel 'Justine' in which the noble and virtious Justine is tempted and tormented and lured in by those pretending to be good.

Heh, I got the reference, but you've already explained it. I can see Kat having a great deal of fun with Justine... if that annoying 'detect evil' power doesn't get in her way :P

Transgirlenstein

If I remember correctly, Detect Evil doesn't work the same way in Ravenloft.  I remember it being very weak.  Faeylin, I don't have my books on me.  Can you check for me?

Faeylin

Quote from: Queentrippingserpent on September 05, 2009, 12:04:34 PM
If I remember correctly, Detect Evil doesn't work the same way in Ravenloft.  I remember it being very weak.  Faeylin, I don't have my books on me.  Can you check for me?

Yup, detect evil spoils all the fun of the game, so the setting weakens it a lot. It's supposed to function more like the spell Detect Chaos, which I assume gives an idea of the Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic alignment and leaves the rest a mystery. It does allow Justine to detect Innocents, and it still functions with Evil Outsiders (Devils, Demons, etc., I believe); it just doesn't work on people :P

And remember, characters are much more than their classes anyway. Those are predispositions, and starting skills. If the do-gooder in Justine can't palate Kat...it doesn't mean that the noble in her won't adore Kat; all of these characters (save one) come from Dementlieu, and appearance is very important here. So, while you may secretly hate someone, if it looks good, most people are willing to overlook those feelings to keep up images.

Play away and leave me to worry about the repercussions! *slips back into the shadows to plot*

indarkestknight

Name: William Bond
Class: Monk 1
Alignment: Lawful Neutral (with Good tendencies)
Height & Weight: 6'0", 180 lbs.

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual.

Sexual Nature: Tightly controlled and repressed. William strives to keep aloof from the conquests and affairs of the nobles who surround him, as he believes submitting to his desires will lessen his ability to perform his duties to the best of his ability. However, he may, for the sake of his masters, keep track of who is sleeping with whom, to head off any potential conflicts. If he finds any of his masters' acquaintances attractive, he has given no indication of such beyond the flattery a servant is expected to give a noblewoman. William is a virgin.

Appearance:
William is tall and possessed of dark hair, dark eyes, and a pale complexion. He is muscular without appearing brutish, and moves with surprising grace and efficiency. He might be handsome, were his expression not constantly so severe. He wears a black suit suit and immaculate white gloves at all times-- save when his masters require otherwise of him-- as well as glasses, which compensate for his slight short-sightedness.

Personality & Motives: He is the gentleman's gentleman, unfailingly polite, if largely cold and aloof, and will put the agendas of his masters before his own, though, on occasion, with hesitation, due to his own moral code. He prides himself on his self-control, and has never been known to indulge in temptation of any kind, save at his masters' behest. While he would ultimately serve his masters loyally, even when he does have objections to their commands and deeds, one of his masters ensures his loyalty further by ensuring that William's ailing, sickly mother is cared for... as long as William follows his commands to the letter. Should William ever greatly displease this master, however, it would not bode well for his mother at all...

Background/Concept: William was raised from his youth to be a servant and a bodyguard to his masters. Taught discipline, manners, humility, unwavering loyalty, and unarmed combat, he is the gentleman's gentleman, acting as majordomo for the other household servants and acting as the direct agent of his masters' will within the household. He runs the household with a firm, but fair hand, expecting the best from those under his supervision, but never more than he knows they can handle.

Money & Items: William carries no personal items of great importance on him, save a pistol for the defense of his masters. The weapon is one of last resort, however, as he prefers fisticuffs, which have a much lower chance of hurting those he endeavors to protect. He wears a suit at all times, and endeavors to keep it immaculate, though his masters' cleanliness, is, naturally, more important than his own. As a servant, he has no disposable funds of his own, save that which his masters deign to bestow upon him.

Character Sheet:
William Bond
Human Monk 1
Medium Humanoid (human)
Hit Dice
: 1d8 + 1 (9 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft.
Armor Class: 17 (+3 Dex, +4 Wis), touch 17, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/+3
Attack: unarmed strike +3 melee (1d6+3); or masterwork pistol +4 ranged (1d10+1/x3)
Full Attack: unarmed strike +3 melee (1d6+3); or flurry of blows +1/+1 (1d6+3); or masterwork pistol +4 ranged (1d10+1/x3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Flurry of blows
Special Qualities: N/A
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +8
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 10
Skills: Diplomacy +4, Heal +6, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) +2, Ride +4, Sense Motive +8
Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (firearms), Iron Will, Stunning Fist (DC 14; 1/day)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral (with Good tendencies)
Languages: Lamordian, Mordentish

Faeylin

Yay, William, you're in! Okay, at this point I'm going to restrict any more characters to invitation only. What this means is, if you're an active and decent writer, and you have an excellent idea for a character, you can propose it to me via PM. I'll let you know if we can fit you in.

I will have a handful of bit servant characters that I can share with people, so if you missed the sign-ups, and you still want to be involved, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

Edited to add: We do have one more character incoming. She's an innocent played by Chelemar, and she's already approved. But after that, please PM me first. Also, if you character is complete, feel free to move them over to the Character Thread.

Chelemar

Name:

Lady Ashley Browly, sole child to the Count de Northwood
HISTORY

When Ashley was seven she had her first vision of future events when she thought she saw her mama standing in the nursery wearing nothing but a black cloth rapped about her. When Papa then came in to say that Mama had died giving birth to her new baby brother, Ashley shook her head no, and tried to explain what she had seen. Her widowed father, realizing that his daughter had inherited his grandmama's "curse," kept her sequested for most of her childhood and young womanhood, but as Ashley never mentioned seeing anything unusual again, her father eventually allowed her to go away to finishing school and introduced her to society.
However, Ashley’s visions continued. Often reducing her to tears, the visions would come upon her randomly-- sometimes, clear as a bell, she would know what was to happen, but mostly they were in jumbled bits that she would have to decipher, and never did she get a vision that featured her own fate. At least not yet.
PERSONALITY:

Not having much experience at all in society, Ashley is a bit shy, but very kind. She often doesn't realize when anyone is flirting with her, and that leaves her open to being teased by both men and women. However, her courage, good spirit, and cheerfulness are winsome and often draw people to her.
DESCRIPTION:
Ashley is 5'2"
with a tiny waist of 15"
She has long red hair curly hair and violet eyes, and her love of reading by candlelight has necessitated that she now wear glasses.
She also despises the few freckles that sprinkle across the bridge of her nose dotting the otherwise pristine porcelain face.
Feeling herself just average, Ashley doesn't realize how lovely she is.  She feels suitors only pay her court as she is the only heir to her father's wealth, not to mention the vast wealth she holds in her own right which she gained upon the death of her beloved Gran.  One thing Lady Ashley never had to worry about was money, not that she did.
While petite in stature, her body is proportioned perfectly, and she has amazing legs that are firm and lean from all the solitary walks she would take at her father's vast estate.
TREASURES:
 She treasure's the Emerald ring with a silver sword imbedded in the stone that was left her from her Great Grandmother’s (on her father's side) estate.
She also treasures a lock of her mother's hair, and a cape that has been in her father's family for 12 generations.
GOOD OR EVIL:
 She is good, very good.
She ranks Wisdom, charisma, intelligence, constitution, dexterity, strength.
Skills:
Seeing flashes of the future. Restoring the ill or injured to health.

Feats:

MAGIC:

The natural sorcerer:

Faeylin

Story Thread is now Open! Click here to play!

You may also want to check out the OOC Thread as well.

Please keep characters to the character thread, and OOC chat to the OOC thread. This thread can go away for a little bit. :P

Chelemar

Character:  Ashley, (Carriage two with Ivy, Imogene and Emily.)
Oops in my last post where Ashley uses the walking stick to bar the carriage door, its Richard's stick she uses, not Edward's.  Somehow smashed Richard and another name together and got Edward.