Interest Check: One Piece RP?

Started by Wolfy, May 02, 2012, 09:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingmaster1

he does indeed  :-)

so, Marcus would be the chef, Jana would be second mate, Kyria would be the sniper, and if wolfy ever comes back he'll be the captain...sounds good...

Mathim

I'm interested a bit. I have a great character I'd love to play but I'm a little hesitant because I don't want everyone going overboard (pun intended) with Devil Fruit abilities. A good way to mediate such things is to have a normal character who uses a weapon that is imbued with a Devil Fruit power. That is what my character is going to have, actually. I'm glad the wind person decided to just have their wind bursts based on speed. May I recommend that the Rokushiki technique Soru have been mastered? I do support the Captain having a Devil Fruit, though. That's kind of expected in this story. The only really powerful captain who doesn't have one that we've seen is Shanks, right?

There's lots of other ways to make someone strong besides having a Devil Fruit power, in case anyone is having second thoughts. You can engineer something powerful like Franky (or devise an armor-type thing to wear in a similar fashion). There's Rokushiki and its offshoots, and there are special kinds of weapons like that giant thorn whip that the female CP9 agent used before relying on her Devil Fruit power to fight Nami.

And for people wondering what Zoro does, he's technically the first mate but he also frequently acts as the ship's guard since whenever he stays behind he tends to watch over the ship and protect it from people like the Franky Family back in Water 7.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

ShadowFox89

I was going to have her sword style based around a limited understanding of Haki, with the more advanced techniques making more use of it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Mathim

I'll just go ahead and post my character's info. Since I made him up there's no way a picture can be found to match how he is supposed to look. Just imagine one of the less-ugly fishmen from the recent story.

Name: Gyojo
Personality: Caring, loyal to his friends, protective of people and has a very strong sense of right and wrong
Devil Fruit powers (If any): None, but his weapon, a fishing pole, has the Gumo-Gumo no Mi (Spider-Spider Fruit) that enables it to come alive and become a very large arachnid. Gyojo is a fishman-human hybrid who still has the ten-times-greater-than-normal strength and ability to breathe underwater as a fishman, while also having a shifting genetic structure that allows him to draw upon several different characteristics of all the aquatic creatures in his family line when needed. His basic form is that of a shark, which comes with very powerful jaws and sharp, regenerating teeth.
History: Gyojo is the half-human, half-fishman offspring of a mermaid and a human Marine officer. His maternal grandfather, a vicious fishman pirate, attacked Gyojo's father's platoon to try and take back his daughter and grandson by force, causing both the pirate crew and marine platoon to destroy one another. Only Gyojo escaped, with his mother's treasured fishing rod as a companion, having lost everything else that day. As a child of both worlds, Gyojo knew no home among humans or fishmen, and became very lonely. Making a living as a fisherman and pearl diver, the only friends he made were the other societal outcasts, pirates, so it was only natural he became a pirate himself one day.
Ons: Most of the standard stuff
Offs: Bathroom stuff, pain and injury, blood, death
Favorite Position: All
Position on ship: Fisherman/Lifeguard (will come in very handy for rescuing drowning Devil Fruit users)
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Wolfy

Quote from: Mathim on June 02, 2012, 12:26:00 PM
I'm interested a bit. I have a great character I'd love to play but I'm a little hesitant because I don't want everyone going overboard (pun intended) with Devil Fruit abilities. A good way to mediate such things is to have a normal character who uses a weapon that is imbued with a Devil Fruit power. That is what my character is going to have, actually. I'm glad the wind person decided to just have their wind bursts based on speed. May I recommend that the Rokushiki technique Soru have been mastered? I do support the Captain having a Devil Fruit, though. That's kind of expected in this story. The only really powerful captain who doesn't have one that we've seen is Shanks, right?

There's lots of other ways to make someone strong besides having a Devil Fruit power, in case anyone is having second thoughts. You can engineer something powerful like Franky (or devise an armor-type thing to wear in a similar fashion). There's Rokushiki and its offshoots, and there are special kinds of weapons like that giant thorn whip that the female CP9 agent used before relying on her Devil Fruit power to fight Nami.

And for people wondering what Zoro does, he's technically the first mate but he also frequently acts as the ship's guard since whenever he stays behind he tends to watch over the ship and protect it from people like the Franky Family back in Water 7.

Well I think that's mostly because whenever Zoro goes some where...he gets lost.

Every time.

Seriously, the man got lost IN A STRAIGHT HALLWAY.

Mathim

Well, everyone needs their quirks. Even with Haki, he still gets lost. Funnily enough, after being knocked out with disorienting gas, he woke up and suddenly was able to figure out the right directions.

kingmaster1

Wolfy

Also, Vaulera shall walk the plank for treasonous thoughts! *points to the hastily constructed plank over a cup of water*

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
/\- Succubus Form...also has Black Demon Wings and a devil tail. Also, Picture is NSFW. :P

Name: Hitomi Sayaka
Personality: Daring and confident, Hitomi is a woman who knows what she wants, and will do anything possible to get it, even if it means making a few sacrifices along the way. Of course, she also cares deeply about her crew and doesn't wish to see them harmed. She likes to have fun and party all the time, as well.
Devil Fruit powers (If any): Hito Hito No Mi: Model Succubus. Allows one to assume the form of a Succubus and obtain all of their powers as well.
History:
Born in the South Blue, Hitomi grew up on a small island in the northern region of the south blue, which was known as Gear Island. This island was known for it's technology, which was entirely steam driven, and Hitomi grew up around it all, learning about the steam technology as she grew. She grew up mostly on the docks, being the daughter of a fisherman and his wife, and grew to know steam ships just as well as anyone on the island. Seeking adventure, at the age of 18, she decided to set out on the open sea in a steam ship devised by the island's inhabitants, and she took up a pirates life in order to seek her own fortune at One Piece, adopting the flag of her family, a simple gear with wings, and changing it for herself into what it is now.
Ons: Most things, actually.
Offs: Scat, Gore, Watersports, Death, Vore, Etc, etc....
Favorite Position: All. ;D
Position on ship:Captain, possible Chef on occasion.

(OK, so the history sucks, but it will do for now.)

kingmaster1

looks cool....the succubus form is damn sexy.... >:)

also, it would seem that Marcus and Gyojo are the only men on the ship  8-)

Mathim

Quote from: kingmaster1 on June 02, 2012, 02:42:01 PM
looks cool....the succubus form is damn sexy.... >:)

also, it would seem that Marcus and Gyojo are the only men on the ship  8-)

Woo-hoo! Let's keep it that way, LOL. By the by, is there any way to put all the profiles on one page so we can keep better track of who's already in and created?

ShadowFox89

We should have all the profiles put into the first post of the OOC once it goes up....

Is anyone against Jana having some knowledge of all three forms of Haki, as well as her sword school having a variation on CP9's Rokushiki?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kingmaster1

I don't have a problem with that...

also, in Marcus's first picture you'll see that he has a broadsword, I did mean for that to be something he had although I forgot to put it into the history, so if no one minds he will have a fairly good knowledge of sword fighting  :-)

Maybe he could spar with Jana every now and then  ;D

ShadowFox89

Trying to decide on a picture for Jana.

This one

Or this one

Call me Shadow
My A/A

kingmaster1

there are no pictures there! She's invisible!! D:

Wolfy

I know!

You'll probably need to find another place to host them.

Wolfy

ShadowFox89

I like the sword designs for the 2nd one, that's probably what I'll go with.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kingmaster1

Vaulera

It's only treason if there is a leader to be treasonous to! Second one, definitely second one.

kingmaster1

that's a good comeback Vaul! I agree!

Also I think the second one is better! *again!*

ShadowFox89

Hey Wolfy, I'm almost done with my profile. Can we get an IC and OOC up soon?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Wolfy

ShadowFox89

*smacks Wolfy upside the head*

I'll post my profile there. Might I suggest we start off somewhere in South Blue, getting ready to set sail?

And King, I think Jana would love to spar with Marcus..... He might now be in any shape to do much afterwards though ;)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Wolfy

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 02, 2012, 10:46:27 PM
*smacks Wolfy upside the head*

I'll post my profile there. Might I suggest we start off somewhere in South Blue, getting ready to set sail?

And King, I think Jana would love to spar with Marcus..... He might now be in any shape to do much afterwards though ;)

Ow! Oh, a wise guy, eh?! *Pokes Shadow in the eyes*