Weird Stuff - Pro Golfer kills hawk.

Started by rainshadow, March 06, 2008, 11:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainshadow

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-golfer-birdkilled&prov=ap&type=lgns

An all around bad situation. While the guy perhaps was a bit carried away taking aim at the hawk, in no way do I believe he intentionally tried to do this. He was trying to scare a stubborn bird away. Very unusual.

I don't know if what he did warrants jail time (penalty he faces could include a max of 14 months). I don't even know if it warrants a fine. It's just an unfortunate situation, but to compare this to Michael Vick's dogfighting (we KNOW they were killing dogs intentionally) is a bit overboard.
"The ticket to the future is always open. What happens in the future is our own responsibility." - Rem, Trigun

"Nothing says 'I hate war' like a good explosion in a populated area." -rainshadow

Sabby

Sounds to me like Isenhour is lying out his ass to get out of trouble, or the film crew just want their 15 seconds of fame at the Golfers expense.

Jefepato

I don't believe he seriously expected to hit the bird.  I tend to think he deserves a fine, anyway, but Mr. Calcavecchia raises a rather persuasive point.