The New World Order (in need of Oligarchs and angels)

Started by Chantarelle, November 16, 2018, 03:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amarlo

Ooof, that immunity power though.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Chantarelle

Oooh...getting so excited. Pockets go ahead and post in AC. 😁
“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Gannameade

yeah Amarlo.  I saw that too.   :P

TheOneWhoWatches

FaceClaim

Player Name:TheOneWhoWatches
Character Name: Baalan
Allegiance:Who ever wants demons dead
Race type/Class:Nephilim (Seraphim/Human) Seraphim are the highest rank of angel. Said to guard the Throne of God himself. They are Known as Burning Ones called thus because they are the only beings trusted to Stand directly in the radiance of God, and Guard the 9 gates of the Burning Hells

Abilities:
Enochian Speech – Allows him to speak and understand Enochian language.  Most humans hear a high pitched buzz or nothing at all. Also can be used to create Enochian wards to keep out undesirables.
Banish – The ability to banish minor demons back to hell. This cannot kill the demon but they are restricted to travel back to the mortal plane for at least a year. (Will never be used against PC’s W/O Consent)
Bless – Blesses an object to give them unique properties based on the object blessed.
Angelic Command – The ability to command lesser angelic and demonic beings. Commands Must be clear and concise. Can only be used once per day on an individual, that being cannot be commanded to do something wildly outside of their nature. (such as killing ones self, or killing someone else)

Seraphim Abilities (Special abilities assigned to the 9 Seraphim that guard the 9 gates. These powers are genetic, though in the case of hybrids they might not be 100% the same. Baalan's father is guardian of the 9th Circle Treachery)
Detect Truth – While in his presence one cannot speak a lie directly to him. If within 15 feet of someone he can tell if someone is lying or not. He can see the lie no matter the language it is in and even if it is written on paper.
Forced Bond – Any word given in his presence must be done. The promise becomes bound to the user in the form of a Tattoo centered above the heart. One can complete the bond whenever they feel it is necessary but the longer it takes the greater the ‘urge’ to complete the promise. If the bond is unable to be completed the bond maker’s punishment is decided by the laws of Heaven. 

History:Baalan was the product of a series of mistakes. It started with his mortal mother. Her name was Dyanna. She was a mortal woman, a farmer, ad a mute. Her job was tending to a small amount of sheep outside one of the. In the middle of shearing a sheep, the apocalypse was set off. In doing such the earth split severing the nine gates. Having heard the commotion of the Escaping Lucifer. She went to investigate and found a hole. An aftershock sent her tumbling into the tear.
It took the Woman years of wandering around the circles before she found Balay. He was guarding the 9th gate. He was surrounded by a garden of Stone demonic statues. Long story short… They had a child. They named him Baalan. Time passed much slower in Hell. By the time that Baalan had finished his training and was able to defeat his father over 2000 years had passed on earth. Their parting words sealed the fate of Baalan for the rest of eternity. He spoke directly to his father. “ I will kill every demon and fallen on earth. I will return things to the way they should be, and I will Kill Lucifer. Or I will die trying.”

Amarlo

Oooh. And I'm not just saying this because you're using Jensen Ackles, but I like him Mr. Watches. x3

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

TheOneWhoWatches

Of course... but Goddess Jensen is HAWT...

Chantarelle

TOWW: go ahead and post him. I can’t wait to see Yc interact with the other nephilim
“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Chantarelle

I’m looking to start by latest the Monday, soonish Wednesday. Unless there are any objections? Does the game feel balanced enough? Or should I advertise for a certain race or allegiance, etc.?

Amarlo

I suddenly realize I have a few questions...

1. No, I have no objections as of this time, me thinks.
2. How advanced is technology at this point?
3. What would you say is the demon to human ratio at this point?
4. What is the human population count like?
5. Do people attend school and live kind of like they do now? What is a look into the every day life of a typical human?

My apologies in advance. >.>;

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Chantarelle

Amaris:

1. Cool.
2. Publicly, the demons have advanced to A.I. and life regeneration for the humans (the oligarchs). Demon industry and scientific ambition have left this part of the world wide open, they may have discovered secret technology already but hide it from the world. Or they may be using their technology against the commoners in some way. Farmers would have no legal access to firearms, being reduced to create their own weapons. The elite have access to pretty much anything.
3. Demon/human ratio...30/70.
4. 6 million specks, 12,000 Oligarchs
5. A typical human (non-Oligarchs) would live in one of six farming colonies with no less three large scale state run industrial farms, the product of which going straight to the metropolis’s. A normal day may be working on the farm or visiting demon run businesses speckled throughout the colonies. Money is not accepted but trade is. Entertainment may come from a a traveling circus courageous or stupid enough to brave the ‘in-betweens’ or there’s always public executions or the fights. There may even be a black market in the colonies and it goes without saying that people go missing from time to time. Demons would take great pains in making sure the population stays roughly the same.

Amarlo

Thank you, Miss Chantarelle. That definitely helps me gain a better picture of the setting. ;D

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Chantarelle

NP. Those were good questions.

Murvoen

Quote from: Chantarelle on November 19, 2018, 12:19:12 AM
I’m looking to start by latest the Monday, soonish Wednesday. Unless there are any objections? Does the game feel balanced enough? Or should I advertise for a certain race or allegiance, etc.?

Sounds good to me :)
Back after a very long hiatus!! And I hope to be back for good this time!

GaGa88

My character should be finished by tomorrow sometime. Stupid work.
You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

Chantarelle

Sweet. Looking forward to reading it, Gaga.

Chantarelle

* Added colony and Metropolis names.

LocusVonErich

Do we have any Oligarch characters up yet?

Murvoen

I don't know if we have or not, but even if we have on it couldn't hurt to have another
Back after a very long hiatus!! And I hope to be back for good this time!

Chantarelle

We don’t have any oligarchs yet.

Chantarelle

I hope everyone is plotting with others unless you have something else going on. If you need help finding someone let me know.

Sye

Chantarelle

Sye

I think my girl is just going to be roaming the Earth with no destination and with anyone right now. Honestly not sure if anyone would ever think "Mother Nature" as being real.

Amarlo

Okay, so I think I'm done...

If anyone would like to plot while I wait for approval, feel free to poke me or pm me. ^^

Player Name: Amarlo
Character Name: Mercedes Johnson
Allegiance: Shaky, but to Lucifer
Race type/Class: Cambion Nephilim of the Archangel Ramiel
Abilities:
Mediumship - Thanks to the blood running through Mercy’s veins, one foot is always stuck in the spirit realm. For her there is very little separation between the two. She can both see, speak and interact with spirits on levels that most cannot. However, this is not a one way street, and not all spirits are kind. She has been harmed by them on more than one occasion. (Note: In many ways Angels and Demons are considered spirits in some form, and I plan to apply that here, somewhat.)
Prophetic visions - Often confusing, muddled and heavily symbolic. Many even Retro-Cognitive in origin. (Will mostly be controlled by the GM and other players.)
Psychometry - Sensations, sounds, trace information, presences and oftentimes even memories.(Will mostly be controlled by the GM and other players.)
Clairvoyance - Currently this ability manifests in a mostly random and uncontrolled fashion. The only thing that seems consistent about it is that she can sense if a person has abilities, as well as potential abilities.(Will mostly be controlled by the GM and other players.)
Clairaudience - Mercy hears in a way that isn't connected to normal physical senses, on distances beyond normal ranges or being able to sense sounds that are beyond normal auditory range. At times she may be able to hear psychic/spiritual levels/beings. This ability is also mostly uncontrolled and random.(Will mostly be controlled by the GM and other players.)
White Lightning - From the tips of her fingers fly white hot lightning with a divine spark she is not currently aware holds any holy properties.This ability started to manifest in her teens and has been steadily growing in power the older she gets. While it can cause damage to anything, it is most effective when used against those of demonic or angelic origin, but has also proven moderately effective against spiritual forces as well. It is least effective against humans.
Non-Linear Perceptive Mind – Allows Mercy to be aware of strange sensations and changes in the fabrics of reality.
Mentally Resistant – Mercy is highly resistant to mental influence and mental abilities.
Superhuman Physiology - While not quite as resilient as say a pure blood angel or demon, Mercedes is definitely not as squishy and pathetic as a mundane human. She is faster, stronger, more resilient. Her stamina, endurance, perception, and even willpower are higher than any normal human could ever hope to retain.
Free Will - God’s gift to man and man alone.
History:
Mercedes Johnson knows very little of her origins, but from what she’s been told, and what information she’s gathered since, she was the product of a slave woman - a witch - and a demonic father she had summoned and subsequently seduced. Or at least, that was one of the stories. She has also been told her mother was a goat and her father a dragon, but there’s no way that’s possible… Right? -Cough- Anyways, apparently her biological mother couldn’t handle her half-demon spawn in the long run, and after two years of dealing with baby Mercedes’ bullshit, she decided she would rather be rid of her. So the story goes thus far, she was sold back to her demonic overlords in exchange for amnesty of her crimes and a nice sum of cash. Whether this is true or not is up for debate, but either way all stories end the same. Somehow she ends up in the arms of her caretaker, a Lilim under the callsign Madam. 

As a brothel owner and manager in one of the more infamous red-light districts - the last thing Madam needed in her life was a baby. Least of all a problem child like Mercy. However, raising a child such a dubious place did have its benefits. While Madam attempted to juggle her business and personal life, she had no end of willing hands to help raise a baby, which left Sadie to grow among an exotic host of different types of people. After all, they say it takes a village, right?

Being raised by demons, druggies and drag queens was no bed of roses, however. Between her naturally thicker stacher in her younger years and her caretakers’ careers, there seemed to be no end of people ready and willing to wrack up or mouth off. Early on Mercy learned the importance of self defense, as well as self assurance. She learned how to protect herself both physically and emotionally, and while she never really fit into their world, she never really went without her own brand of unusual friends either. Nor did a single one of them ever have any idea she wasn’t actually one of them.

Time went on and as she grew, so too did her abilities - not to mention her beauty. At some point she stopped being that pudgy halfling watching from the sidelines and found herself tossed straight into the center of demonic politics. It didn’t take a prophet to see the in-fighting and recognize it for what it was. Oligarchs, demonic factions, families and syndicates were very much a thing, even if under Lucifer’s rule. With so many vying for power, why would anyone expect them to settle? Lucifer might be god to some, but to others he was simply an obstacle to overcome or operate around. Unfortunately, Mercedes was starting to gain attention for her more unusual abilities. Incident after incident seemed to occur, but no one expected her to simply vanish, especially the way she did. Mercy was fifteen years old when she disappeared, seemingly without a trace, and that was perhaps the most frustrating thing about it.

Extra Notes

While Mercedes’ mother was a witch, her father was no demon. The Archangel Ramiel had a hand in her creation. Unfortunately, shortly before her birth he was assassinated. Due to her relationship with Ramiel, her mother became a target as well and went into hiding. She was found two years later, tortured for information and killed, but did not reveal she and Ramiel had a child.
Lucifer himself collected the toddler, and with angels being hunted on both sides, Madam was informed Mercy was a Cambion and that her parents were no longer of this world. Madam was also informed, much to her dismay, that she would be the child’s new guardian.

On Mercedes’ Disappearance (Potential Plot Fun for other NPCs: This part is heavily negotiable, but I think it would be fun if an npc or two took part in this portion of her life for whatever reason. One of two things happened. Either she was banished to hell, or taken and hidden in hell for a time. I figured with many acting like time in hell flows differently, that I’d take advantage of some of that time flow thoughts as well. :P Anyways, on earth she was only in hell for a few months, but in hell it was a few years for her. Eventually she either found her way back out - potentially with help or working together with someone else - or she was pulled out by someone interested in using her abilities to her advantage. I’m pretty open here. ^^   

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies