Firefly game

Started by Older And Wiser, December 18, 2009, 08:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebobmaster

Let me just say this. I freaking love Firefly. It's the best Joss Whedon show ever, in my opinion. So, is there still room for someone to join?
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Michael Corvus

I'm wondering if I could get some clarification on the meaning of "original characters" as pertaining to this thread. I have interpreted it to mean, "new; fresh; inventive; novel," and not "belonging or pertaining to the origin or beginning of something." If this is the case, then the main characters of Serenity who were on board the Firefly, i.e. Mal, Zoe, Wash, Jayne, Kaylee, Simon, Inara, River, and Book would not qualify. Other, minor characters on the show, such as Badger, Jubal Early, Fanty & Mingo, Monty, Patience, Atherton Wing, and others who did not crew the Firefly, would be acceptable NPCs, in my opinion, but would not qualify as PCs.

Though, it's not for me to say as it is not my thread or idea, it's just my opinion. I certainly don't mean to step on anyone's toes or come across in a negative light, I just wanted to try to clear up my confusion.

Also, I'm wondering if a decision has been made as to the ship type and purpose. What kind of ship is it? Is it a mid-bulk transport like Serenity? If so, is it a Firefly class or another class? Is it larger, perhaps a heavy transport, or a freighter or hauler? Maybe it's smaller, like a light transport or even a converted courier ship with weapons mounted? Is it a Luxury liner catering to the wealthy? Perhaps on a smaller scale? I ran across some stats and deck plans for a ship that is sort of a compromise of both worlds, if anyone is interested.

Again, sorry if I stepped on any toes or ruffled any feathers. That is not my intention. I may still be interested, but I would like to see where this is headed before I throw my hat in the ring ... again. ;D
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

sinera

I have to admit, though the idea of this game is interesting, without a firm idea of where we're going and how our characters are going to mesh, I can't commit to playing it.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Kotah

some helpful info for you guys, either way.

What you are probably looking for as far as a ship is a shark corvette. Which holds crew +20.
Finally in a rage we scream at the top of our lungs into this lonely night, begging and pleading they stop sucking up dry.There as guilty as sin, still as they always do when faced with an angry mob: they wipe the blood from their mouths and calm us down with their words of milk and honey. So the play begins, we the once angry mob are now pacified and sit quietly entertained. But the curtain exists far from now becasue their lies have been spoken. My dear, have you forgotten what comes next? This is the part where we change the world.

Older And Wiser

OK, lots of good ideas here, but I am exhausted having gotten up at 3 AM to take a business trip, so I'll post a start tomorrow.

This will be the Serenity.  You can be an original character (some already taken) or someone new (as has also been suggested).  We'll take on a few luxury "passengers" looking to avoid Alliance involvement and go on explorations to further undermine Parliament.  I'll get something going when the brain cells are back on line.

Older And Wiser

RubySlippers

Lady Kitsune

So do we just start posting or do you want to be PMed first?
I am working on it, I swear!

ladyelizabeth

is Mal's and Inara's relationship going to be the same or is she "entertaining"
The Oath of Drake *~*  On/Off's  *~*  A/A's

RubySlippers

1.  Name: Miya Niska
2.  Gender/sexual orientation: Female/Lesbian (will service anyone for the right amount of money)
3.  Role: Whore/Union Officer (Affiliated to the Border Planets Prostitutes Union aka The Union)
4.  On Serenity or another ship: On Serenity
5.  Physical description or picture:
http://fantasti.cc/user/salon/images/image/682373

The fourth yongest child of the mob boss Niska, yes THAT one she was one of the founding members of The Union the borders and rim planets response to The Guild mostly to temper abuses of the whoring community, training men and women in the profession not nearly as extensively as The Guild and working in the underbelly of the society. Fortunately the Union and Guild generally operate in seperate circles, generally but she is a high end whore. Right now her goals are to try and get The Union organized to include agents and strong arm men and women to protect members. She tends to be well educated in her profession and has some book learning her teacher in whoring used to be a Companion hired by Niska to educate her. The Union Net is much like The Guild net but mostly advertising since they rarely refuse a client.

Where do we post characters for the game?

Older And Wiser

Quote from: Lady Kitsune on January 08, 2010, 04:07:34 PM
So do we just start posting or do you want to be PMed first?

Post away.  I do not like to dictate or play god

Older And Wiser

Quote from: thebobmaster on December 28, 2009, 10:47:10 PM
Let me just say this. I freaking love Firefly. It's the best Joss Whedon show ever, in my opinion. So, is there still room for someone to join?
Love to have you

Older And Wiser

Quote from: ladyelizabeth on January 08, 2010, 07:08:39 PM
is Mal's and Inara's relationship going to be the same or is she "entertaining"
no decision.  Let's see how it plays

thebobmaster

1.  Sasha Lambert
2. Female/Bi
3.  assistant/back-up mechanic
4. On Serenity
5.  http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5ASPaAyH2k0/SOBiQjpVbKI/AAAAAAAAABg/3FmuPBJBmvc/s400/bs.jpg
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Lady Kitsune

Where exactly are all these consoles Mal is looking at?
I am working on it, I swear!