[POKEMON] Semi-Realistic Pokemon RP. [8/8 Slots] FULL

Started by Acid, April 13, 2012, 07:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lusa

Ahaha, I am going to have so much fun trying to get by with a Pokemon that starts with only Poison Sting and String Shot. Poor thing doesn't even learn Scary Face until level 6.

Edit: Whoops! Just caught the part about the first four moves. Yay! I cheered myself up.

SargentToughie

I won't be much better if the GM ever gets back to me with my question making sure that Dratani's alright for an intro pokemon. Leer, wrap, and thunder wave?

Oh yes... This is gonna be rough.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Frank Reshman

Quote from: SargentToughie on April 16, 2012, 03:54:56 AM
I won't be much better if the GM ever gets back to me with my question making sure that Dratani's alright for an intro pokemon. Leer, wrap, and thunder wave?

Quit yer whining!  My scyther only gets Leer and Quick Attack as starting moves.  On the plus side, if we're taking just the first four moves they can learn, I also get Focus Energy and Pursuit.  So...two quick attacks, a buff and a debuff.  Woo!

Lusa

I feel much better now that I read that, haha. Poison Sting, String Shot, Scary Face, and Constrict. Not too bad, but poor little Ariados probably won't be very effective against..well, any other Pokemon really. But, that's what I'm going for, a struggle! No fun starting out all-powerful! <3

Crovonovin

I think the thing to remember is that this game isn't just going by game mechanics.  In-Game something like constrict or thunder wave aren't going to end a fight, but in the cartoon "paralyzed" can mean as good as victory.

Carlissa

Quote from: Shihong on April 16, 2012, 07:47:29 AM
I think the thing to remember is that this game isn't just going by game mechanics.  In-Game something like constrict or thunder wave aren't going to end a fight, but in the cartoon "paralyzed" can mean as good as victory.

Actually, from a competitive standpoint, having a paralyzed Pokemon on your team has a realy big impact on your chances of winning. You would be suprised how much status effects can affect a match...
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

aya

Darn, no TMs. But I guess from a freeform view it doesn't really matter. Changed my pokemon to slowpoke so he can win fights by boring people to death.

Acid

Quote from: SargentToughie on April 16, 2012, 03:54:56 AM

QuoteRules:
1. No Legendaries.
2. No Starters (including Pikachu/Eevee.)
3. No Evolved Pokemon.
4. No 3rd/4th/5th Gen Pokemon. Don't even ask.
5. Minimum posting requirements: 2 Paragraphs per post (including dialogue.) Post 1x every 3 days.

Frank Reshman

Quote from: Acid on April 16, 2012, 09:35:40 AM

I think what he was wondering was if you were counting Dratini (a psuedo-legendary) as a legendary pokemon.

Acid

Dratini is a wannabe legendary, so it's acceptable in this RP.

Still accepting people for this RP.

SargentToughie

Awesome, but you never got back to me about my offer to do the leg work for when people want TMs. They're a pretty huge part of pokemon, and banning them seems kinda silly.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Acid

Quote from: SargentToughie on April 16, 2012, 01:46:37 AM
TMs are out too? I missed that...

Um, I know I'm just asking questions and stirring the pot again, but... why? I know a website where you can easily check to see if certain 'mons can learn certain TM moves. I would be more then willing to do the legwork on that angle if it means more player choice and freedom.

They might be a big part of the games, but not the anime or manga and this RP is going to be more in line with the anime/manga.

SargentToughie

Alright. According to the wiki page for the anime, TMs might not exist, but the pokemon CAN still learn TM moves through diligent training and practice.

Is that acceptable?
Ons and offs

aya

I'm sure you can do a lot of things as you progress in the RP. You can blow away poison powder with gust in the anime, for crying out loud. I think you'll be relying on your imagination more rather than trying to play the RP like the games.

SargentToughie

That's gonna be hard for me, seeing as how I've only played the games and never actually seen much of the anime... well, whatever. I'll wait for Acid to answer my most recent question, then I'll just shut up and make a character sheet already.

About time, I know.
Ons and offs

aya

I've never really watched much of it either (except what I remember as a kid), but I remember seeing that in one episode haha. Just trying to give an example of using imagination vs. just movesets. :)

Carlissa

Quote from: Acid on April 16, 2012, 01:55:09 PM
They might be a big part of the games, but not the anime or manga and this RP is going to be more in line with the anime/manga.

Umm... So this is based of a manga now too? Which one are you refering to exactly?...
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Acid

Quote from: SargentToughie on April 16, 2012, 03:08:44 PM
Alright. According to the wiki page for the anime, TMs might not exist, but the pokemon CAN still learn TM moves through diligent training and practice.

Is that acceptable?

Just read the OOC yo. The information and how things are gonna work out is all there. I'm not doing TMs or HMs or stats or anything along that line in this RP.

You don't necessarily need to know anything about the anime or manga to do freeform combat in an RP.

For an example of the freeform combat used in the anime: Ash vs Gary Johto Leauge (AMV)

Quote from: Carlissa on April 16, 2012, 05:54:23 PM
Umm... So this is based of a manga now too? Which one are you refering to exactly?...

I didn't say it was based off the manga series.

Quote from: aya on April 16, 2012, 03:11:26 PM
I'm sure you can do a lot of things as you progress in the RP. You can blow away poison powder with gust in the anime, for crying out loud. I think you'll be relying on your imagination more rather than trying to play the RP like the games.

This.

SargentToughie

Alright, alright. I'll shut my trap and get to work on a character sheet now. Done. Okay, and I know that this is likely getting extremely old by this point, but, you guessed it..

ONE MORE QUESTION
Your rules state that only Kanto Pokemon can be found in Kanto, and only Johto pokemon can be found in Johto, but what about the Kanto pokemon that cross over INTO Johto, there are a lot of them. Just from the first route there's Pidgey and Ratatta, both are Kanto pokemon that live in Johto. Are they not allowed to be found in Johto in this RP? I, of course, ask this question because I have a Dratini in the Johto region, which might be against Acid's rules.

Name: Julian Arrowind
Specialty: Dragon
Appearance:
Personality: Julian generally means well whenever he does something, he's got a good and honest heart, but sometimes he goes too far with his actions and ends up getting in over his head. He's the kind of guy that will rush in swinging a sword without thinking of the consequences if somebody he cares about is in danger. If a friend of his is having trouble with something, or if an innocent person is being forced to suffer, he finds it impossible to turn a blind eye. At times, he can come off as being overly self righteous, but generally, he's on the right side of the fight anyway whenever he does. Naturally, his overly instinctive desire to play the part of the knight in shining armor can make him rather easy to manipulate by members of the opposite sex. Being born and raised in Blackthorn city, the land of the dragons, he had a rather high expectation placed upon his head from a very early age, especially considering the fact that his mother is Clair herself, the Gym leader of Blackthorn city and the most powerful dragon tamer that the city ever produced outside of the legendary Lance.
Starting Town: Azalea town
Starting Pokemon: Dratini
Ons and offs

summoner2183

Character Sign-up Sheet:
Name: Andrew Dalton

Specialty: Water/Fighting

Appearance:

Personality: Andrew grew up in Cianwood under the watchful eye of his parents who were actually retired Pokemon trainers, something that would make a mark on his life. He is helpful and friendly towards others, and always goes out of his way to make sure that everyone around him is not burdened with any kind of trouble at all.  Being close to the sea at all times as well as hanging out with the Pokemon that his parents had in his home made him have an affinity towards Water and Fighting Pokemon. His parents noted that although he has a good heart and has a very good temperament, he is quickly angered by those who abuses Pokemon and people, as well as people who disrespect women or make fun of Water and Fighting Pokemon. Andrew is also noted to be quite good in sensing if a person is lying or what the other person is going to do, due to his light training in martial arts. Some people joked that he might be psychic or something, which he really dislikes. Like trainers that likes fighting types, he feels a bit uncomfortable around Psychic Pokemon and their trainers though he is not a lunkhead or a jock who believes only in using close combat skills to win a fight. Another thing that is a quirk for Andrew is that he really likes people who are not, in his own terms honest with themselves and have a strong bond with their Pokemon.

Starting Town: Cianwood

Starting Pokemon: (1) Marrill

Acid

7/8 Slots now.

Still accepting 1 more trainer for the Kanto region. Head on over to the OOC if you're considering joining the RP. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=137448.0

Carlissa

QuoteI didn't say it was based off the manga series.

Umm... You just said in a previous post that

QuoteThey might be a big part of the games, but not the anime or manga and this RP is going to be more in line with the anime/manga.

Then what did you mean by this?

Meliai

To be "In line with" something just means to be similar to it, not based off it...
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Carlissa

Ehh, you're right. I guess it was just the way I read it that was wrong. I thought that you were implying that there RP was following the story of both the anime and manga, in which couldn't be possible because the anime has no manga counterpart. Sorry 'bout that.

summoner2183