mark of the beast?

Started by lindorable, March 21, 2013, 03:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindorable

http://m298.photobucket.com/image/rfid%20chip/massmutiny/rfid-chip.jpg.html?o=6
Ok, does anybody know anything about the rfid chips coming soon? I'm up for discussion if you are.
▀██▀───☆´ (¸✲•.¸.•´ ✰•*`*•.
─██╔╗╗╔▀██▀▀█(¯`•´¯) ★.¸¸.•*♥
─██╚╝╚╝─██▀.......*• ¸.•*☆ *♥
▄██▄▄█─▄██▄▄█ ✿•*´¯`✿✿•✿˜¨¨♥

Caehlim

You're showing a picture of a device that monitors glucose levels in diabetics (source).

It's an amazing piece of technology that will improve the lives of thousands of people. I would be happy to discuss it.

However the title of this thread implies that rather than talking about this amazing medical technology, you want to talk about conspiracy theories like this page and perhaps this page.

I'm less interested in talking about that.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

OutoftheDust

RFID tracking devices and microchip implants have been the stuff of tinfoil hats and caused much thumping of the Book of Revelations since the 70's or 80's. Suffice to say you probably shouldn't be worried: crazy TV preachers have been predicting the Antichrist in human form and all the world switching to one currency since my childhood. I'm not trying to down anyone's beliefs, but prophecy involving the end of the world is notoriously inconsistent.

Oniya

Quote from: OutoftheDust on March 21, 2013, 07:36:58 AM
prophecy involving the end of the world is notoriously inconsistent.

Considering the events of the past year, I think we could say that it's been consistently wrong.  How many raptures did we have in 2012 alone?  And then the whole Mayan Apocalypse thing...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Avis habilis

I'm bitterly disappointed in the complete lack of ork street samurai & dragon senatorial candidates we're still experiencing.

Ack Arg

Quote from: Avis habilis on March 21, 2013, 08:03:36 AM
I'm bitterly disappointed in the complete lack of ork street samurai & dragon senatorial candidates we're still experiencing.

I smiled.

It's pretty insulting when they start asking to stick them in your kids at school, kinda like when you find out the kid making seven bucks an hour flipping burgers has to have random drug tests. I'm not sure how much I like giving them to the dogs and cats either. It's a slippery slope to cyborg housepets running amok.

Also if I didn't want to be watched day and night by the powers that be I wouldn't have bought an Ipad.
Returning after long... long hiatus. May be slow to find a rhythm.

DarklingAlice

Quote from: Avis habilis on March 21, 2013, 08:03:36 AM

You and me both, chummer. You and me both.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Missy

Quote from: Oniya on March 21, 2013, 07:51:38 AM
How many raptures did we have in 2012 alone?

Three, but I'm an interdimensional traveler from the future.

Oniya

Quote from: MCsc on March 21, 2013, 11:57:58 AM
Three, but I'm an interdimensional traveler from the future.

*peers*

George Carlin?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Callie Del Noire

RFID tech has been around for a long bit of time. You use it for stock tracking in warehouses, and even monitor inventory levels in stores. You want to get paranoid, consider that every cell phone made in the US is now REQUIRED to have GPS Tracking that can't be turned off. It's a very open world in many ways, but when you consider what can be done against what SHOULD be allowed you'll wind up one of three things. Depressed, angry and/or paranoid.

I think we're hitting one of those points where tech is outpacing regulation and till we realize just what sort of genie we're letting out of the bottle, a lot of potential abuse can be done.

That being said.. a lot of potential GOOD can be done too. Remote medical monitoring? Sounds good. The ability to access your funds without a debit/credit card. Nice. The ability to know where folks on the sex registry are at any given time? That is where you start to get on a slippery slope.

We've given up a LOT of our rights to privacy in the last decade or so. We need to stop being twitchy about 'invasions' and consider things by not only what they do.. but what they COULD do. Due process has taken some hits over the years and these innovations can work for or against them.

Caela

I think RFID chips are one of those things that have a lot of valuable uses, and a lot of potential for abuse as well...all depending on the people making them, and the gullibility of the people buying/using them.

But that's true of most technology these days. So much of what we do in our day-to-day lives is really nothing more than electronic pulses across wires. Heck even most of our "money" isn't really money anymore, it's electronic blips being sent from my bank account, to the accounts of those I owe money to, with no real cash ever going anywhere. Most of our computers are connected to some sort of wireless system and, as Callie mentioned, even our phones can be used to trace where we are...or where they are anyway, you could choose to leave your phone at home.

I don't see this being some grandiose, "Mark of the Beast". No one is trying to force you, or your children, to be chipped and monitored. I think for people, like diabetics, who have an illness that needs to be monitored it is a fantastic thing. No more needles, a continuous tracking of their sugar levels, and ease of transferring information to their physicians are all good things.

TaintedAndDelish

Funny, at first I thought that image was some sort of geeky vibrator.  ::)

So as I'm reading this, I'm saying to myself, "Fuck no... Nobody's going to let someone implant one of these in their brain without a hell of a fight." Then the thought came: How do you make someone Willingly accept the chip?

Would you let Google "chip" your brain if they offered you a monthly stream of money from interested advertisers who just want to know where Joe anonymous goes on a daily basis?

Would you accept the chip if doing so made you eligible for higher pay or for significant tax breaks?

Would you do it if your religious organization insisted that all members do it?

lindorable

Quote from: Oniya on March 21, 2013, 07:51:38 AM
Considering the events of the past year, I think we could say that it's been consistently wrong.  How many raptures did we have in 2012 alone?  And then the whole Mayan Apocalypse thing...
Oniya, I totally understand where you are coming from, but another thing to consider, is that the bible states that  you cannot predict the exact time or day that the world is going to end. There actually have been A LOT of event that were predicted in the bible that have taken place. Have you ever heard of the 9 harbingers? http://www.cbn.com/700club/guests/bios/jonathan_Cahn_010312.aspx

lindorable

Quote from: TaintedAndDelish on March 21, 2013, 10:10:20 PM

So as I'm reading this, I'm saying to myself, "Fuck no... Nobody's going to let someone implant one of these in their brain without a hell of a fight." Then the thought came: How do you make someone Willingly accept the chip?

Would you let Google "chip" your brain if they offered you a monthly stream of money from interested advertisers who just want to know where Joe anonymous goes on a daily basis?

Would you accept the chip if doing so made you eligible for higher pay or for significant tax breaks?

That is a very good point. I was kind of thinking the same thing. But, I do know that without the chip you have no access to any of your money, job, food, nothing. The chip will completely take over the way we do life now. The government has also been working on the "One World Order" Which, in a lot of today's music, you hear a lot about it if you actually listen closely. Most of this is part of the Illuminati. I don't know all too much about the Illuminati, but I do know that almost all of todays music is part of it, aswell as politics. The Illuminati is pretty much trying to take over our lives. And I personally am a Christian. They've already begun building concentration camps and such for Christians. If you even admit that you believe in Jesus Christm, you will be immediately stuck in a concentration camp. I honestly believe this is going to be happening within the next few years.

Shadow879

Quote from: Oniya on March 21, 2013, 11:59:00 AM
*peers*

George Carlin?

That made me giggle.

Quote from: TaintedAndDelish on March 21, 2013, 10:10:20 PM

Scenario one: Maybe if it was a LOT OF F*ING MONEY. I'd do what I pleased though. They'd see a sad, sorry individual chilling in her house a lot.

Scenario two: No.

Scenario three: HELL no.
Never back down, never look back.

How to make love to the Dark

Pumpkin Seeds

You do realize that they don't need a chip to do half the things you are frightened of them doing?  :: wiggles a cellphone::  There really isn't much of your personal information that your cellphone isn't capable of holding, transmitting and discovering.  People pay for these and pay a whole lot of money to do this.  Those three scenerios are giving humanity a great deal of credit.  More than likely people would be paying for the chip.

lindorable

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on March 22, 2013, 05:08:54 AM
You do realize that they don't need a chip to do half the things you are frightened of them doing?  :: wiggles a cellphone::  There really isn't much of your personal information that your cellphone isn't capable of holding, transmitting and discovering.  People pay for these and pay a whole lot of money to do this.  Those three scenerios are giving humanity a great deal of credit.  More than likely people would be paying for the chip.
That is very true. All of our androids, I phones, Ipads, tablets, etc., all have GPS, but with the chip they can do everything that our smartphones can do, plus some. I definitely think it's going to happen eventually, maybe not this month or next but sometime.

lindorable

Quote from: Shadow879 on March 22, 2013, 05:05:32 AM
That made me giggle.

Scenario one: Maybe if it was a LOT OF F*ING MONEY. I'd do what I pleased though. They'd see a sad, sorry individual chilling in her house a lot.

Scenario two: No.

Scenario three: HELL no.
I totally agree. They are going to have to do a whole lot of convincing if they think they're going to chip America. Lol

Pumpkin Seeds

I don't think they would to be honest depending on the extent of the surgery.  So long as the chip was part of something useful and fashionable, there wouldn't be much of a problem.  As I said before, marketed correctly and people would pay for them.

lindorable

Well, the way they do it is by injecting it into yourhand witha needle. I saw it on a video. After its injected, you don't even notice it there unless you play with it.

Oniya

Quote from: lindorable on March 22, 2013, 05:00:58 AM
That is a very good point. I was kind of thinking the same thing. But, I do know that without the chip you have no access to any of your money, job, food, nothing. The chip will completely take over the way we do life now. The government has also been working on the "One World Order" Which, in a lot of today's music, you hear a lot about it if you actually listen closely. Most of this is part of the Illuminati. I don't know all too much about the Illuminati, but I do know that almost all of todays music is part of it, aswell as politics. The Illuminati is pretty much trying to take over our lives. And I personally am a Christian. They've already begun building concentration camps and such for Christians. If you even admit that you believe in Jesus Christm, you will be immediately stuck in a concentration camp. I honestly believe this is going to be happening within the next few years.

You do realize that the Illuminati in it's current form of an 'uber-conspiracy' was a creation of the fiction writers Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea, right?  The trilogy is a remarkably fun read though. 

lindorable

Quote from: Oniya on March 22, 2013, 06:17:13 AM
You do realize that the Illuminati in it's current form of an 'uber-conspiracy' was a creation of the fiction writers Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea, right?  The trilogy is a remarkably fun read though.
Well, I'm from a small town in Idaho so I'm not as caught up as most people, I guess that would make sense. But what about the one world government that they've been working on for years? Or the concentration camps?

Oniya

Due to the fact that we trade with other countries, there is a 'global economy'.  Due to the fact that we have travel between different countries, we have a World Health Organization (so that a disease that breaks out in Burma doesn't spread to Paraguay or Luxembourg.)  Due to the fact that there are certain issues that affect the planet as a whole, and we've only got one at the moment, certain issues are of global importance and have to be dealt with by an international body.

I would like to see some references about these concentration camps that you mention.  That sort of thing is exactly what the United Nations works against.

Vanity Evolved

Quote from: lindorable on March 22, 2013, 06:35:31 AM
Well, I'm from a small town in Idaho so I'm not as caught up as most people, I guess that would make sense. But what about the one world government that they've been working on for years? Or the concentration camps?

I'd also love to know who are making this 'Christian concentration camps' which are going to house those who 'even say the name Jesus Christ'. Are you telling me that you think there Christianity, one of the biggest major religions in the world, one of the most numerous in number and in power within most Western countries politics, are going to start rounding up Christians for some reason?

DarklingAlice

As someone who works with an international team to deal with health problems that affect the entire species, a one world government would be ridiculously convenient. Unfortunately, I doubt it will happen anytime soon.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.