Happy Anniversary!

Started by Krysia, June 21, 2009, 11:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krysia

A year ago at 1:30pm at the United Elkton Methodist Church, I vowed to become the wife of a man I had been with for over 8 years at the time. Someone to share my life with, even with all our quirks about us we love each other. These are the exact same vows we spoke that day.

Minister to Groom:
Johnathan, will you receive Krysia as your wife? Will you pledge to her your love, faith and tenderness, cherishing her with a husband's loyalty and devotion?

Groom:

I will.

Minister to Bride:
Krysia, will you receive Johnathan as your husband? Will you pledge to him your love, faith and tenderness, cherishing him with a wife’s loyalty and devotion?

Bride:
I will.

Minister:
Johnathan and Krysia, receive each other from your fathers and mothers, who give you into each other's keeping, by saying now, each to the other, words which will tell of your love.

Groom:
I, Johnathan, take you, Krysia to be no other than yourself, in all the ways life may find us, tending you in sickness and rejoicing with you in health, as long as we both shall live to love.

Bride:
I, Krysia, take you, Johnathan to be no other than yourself, in all the ways life may find us, tending you in sickness and rejoicing with you in health, as long as we both shall live to love.

Minister:
Will you now give and receive a ring?

Bride and Groom:
We will.

Minister:
This circlet of precious metal is justly regarded as a fitting emblem of the purity and perpetuity of the Marriage State. The ancients were reminded by the circle of eternity, as it is so fashioned as to have neither beginning nor end; while gold is so incorruptible that it cannot be tarnished by use or time. So may the union, at this time solemnized, be incorruptible in its purity and more lasting that time itself.

Minister hands the ring to the Groom, who places it on the Bride’s finger:
Wear this ring forever, Krysia, as a symbol of love and peace and of all that is unending.

Minister hands the ring to the Bride, who places it on the Groom’s finger:
Wear this ring forever, Johnathan, as a symbol of love and peace and of all that is unending.

Minister:
We speak to Johnathan and Krysia of love, in which the trust and freedom of the other person becomes as significant as the trust and freedom of one's self. We speak to them of generosity, which gathers the beauty of earth for riches, and the kindness, which turns away the wrath of foolish men and women. We speak of each of our hopes for their continued growth through patience, one for the other. We speak of our confidence that new levels of understanding, discovered by them in experiences of sorrow and tribulation, shall bring ever-new surprises of strength and fortitude they do not now know.

In the years, which shall bring Johnathan and Krysia into greater age and wisdom, we pray that their love shall be ever young; that they shall be able always to recover from moments of despair, the lithesome ways of buoyant youth. In this hope may they keep the vows made on this day, in freedom, teaching each other who they are, what they yet shall be, enabling them to know that in the fullness of being, they are more than themselves and more than each other; that they are all of us, and that together we share joyously the fruits of life.

In as much as Johnathan and Krysia have declared their love and devotion to each other before family and friends, I now greet them with you as husband and wife.

Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be sanctuary to the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there is no isolation for you. Now there is no more loneliness. Now you are two, but there is only one life in front of you.

It’s been a year since that day, I want to wish my husband a happy anniversary and let him know I love him. He’s been my friend through good times, my comedian through fun times, and my shoulder to cry on through bad times. We’ve been there through good and bad, thick and thin. His are the arms I fall asleep in and the eyes I wake up to in the morning.

Happy 1st year anniversary love! I love you with all my heart and soul!

Bayne

Bayne

Quote from: Bayne on June 21, 2009, 11:17:02 AM
I do!

I do rememer that day quite clearly. All the hussle and bussle, and the things almost forgotten. Everything from running late getting to the church as well as running behind getting ready. To nearly forgetting the rings to exchange. The cerimony was short and too the point, with just enough fluff to give it our own spin on things. All in all that day was quite full and nonstop action. The reception was quite unique and filling. Everything was quite memorable. That was a day I'll never forget.

Oniya

As my husband is fond of saying - at the end of the day, if you are married and on your way to your honeymoon, the day was a success.

Here's wishing you all the happiness and love you need to live life together.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17