News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Newsflash: It is Rude to Invite a Lesbian to Your Sausage Party

Started by Trieste, March 23, 2009, 11:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trieste

(Originally posted 10 July 2008.)

"I'm a fairly typical straight male who is totally into women. I'm not into gays at all, not interested. But I like lesbians!" I see it all the time in intros. I see it on campus, at school. I see it in chats and on messengers and in popular media everywhere. I suppose you could say it's a pet peeve of mine, even though I am not actually a lesbian. I am bi, and quite happy with it, but it still bothers me.

I am here to tell you now that lesbians are, in actuality, gay.

I suppose it's the hypocrisy that gets to me. I know very few people who actually like the idea of hypocrisy, and even fewer who can admit to their own small hypocrisies. We all have them. They're there. It's a fact of life, and possibly a facet of human nature. But it's the little hypocrisies that aren't very well thought out that get to me the most, and this is probably the chief among them.

It's not the fact that a gentleman enjoys a good lesbian scene that gets to me. Many claim that the female body is among the most beautiful things on the planet, and I am inclined to agree, although my personal point of view is that the human body in general is beautiful, and fascinating, and captivating. Perhaps that's why I'm bisexual instead of straight, or lesbian, or whatever. So the appeal of watching two women go at it with each other is really not lost on me. I don't blame people for liking lesbians... I'm quite fond of them myself.

It's the double standard, the stipulation that I won't be taking it in my ass, nosireebob, and don't even think about mancuddling. Seriously, just because you snuggle up to a guy or two doesn't mean you're going to trip and fall on his penis, and it doesn't mean that he's going to immediately expect you to ride him like a racehorse. When it comes down to it, it's another form of intolerance, and intolerance is something I also cannot stand. In the main, you are dealing first and foremost with a person, and only secondarily with a set of sex organs. What's wrong with a little bit of snuggling once in a while?

That and the fact that a lot of my dealings lately have been online. I understand a desire to roleplay what you enjoy, but roleplay is also a place where you can cut loose from day to day restrictions. It's a place - from where I'm standing, anyway - where you can explore things that you cannot or would not explore in your offline life. So the aversion some people have to doing anything even remotely related to a sex scene with another male involved is quite simply very silly to me.

In short, I just don't get it.

... or maybe I do get it, but I just don't like it, and that's what actually bothers me. Regardless, I can only imagine what sort of an annoyance some characters like this must be to those who actually identify as lesbian. I equate statements such as the one with which I opened with men who not only are homophobic, but also probably cannot grok the concept that not every woman wants a ride on his crotch. In my mind, such statements go hand in hand with the misconception that lesbians are only into girls because they haven't found the right penis to satisfy their secret desire for men. This mindset is also highly annoying to me, even though I swing both ways. There is very little that infuriates and frustrates me more than someone who decides that I only swing both ways, or am only poly, because I haven't found a proper man to settle me down yet. Again, I cannot imagine the frustration of those that don't actually swing both ways with this approach, either.

So I'll make it short and sweet: Lesbians like the girlybits. They generally are not interested in having someone in whom they are not sexually interested watch them get it on with their woman. And no, you are not invited. They also quite firmly like the girlybits, so no matter how many times you try to get them to ride you, they will probably still really like the girlybits even if they accept, and may only marginally be interested in danglybits - if at all. This holds true even for lesbians that enjoy strap-ons. And no, you are not invited. It is not personal. You do not need to make it your personal crusade to convert every lesbian on the planet to the true way of the cock. It's not going to happen, but it's not personal, so don't take it that way. Most lesbians I know are about the girlylove more than the manhate. And no, you are not invited.

Torch

I quite agree, and I posted a similar question in the "On Topic" section of the forums, wanting some feedback from the members on a perceived double standard when it comes to same-sex roleplaying.

Excellent read, thank you.  :-)
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Trieste

Doktor Sleepless

I'm not one of those guys who thinks lesbians are just bi girls "in need of a good cock". Not at all. And I understand how you are bi and find both genders attractive.

But in the same way a lesbian is not interested in "danglybits", hetero men are not interested in watching M/M action, or getting it on with another guy... that's just it.

Don't take this the wrong way, but we like girls, and we will watch a M/F sex scene because we can put ourselves in the guy's place; and we will watch a F/F scene because... it's all win for us, since we like girls. :)

I understand you ranting at guys wanting to "force" themselves on lesbians, but I find it highly intolerant of you that you can't understand that we're not interested in other men.

Now, saying "I don't like gay people" then turning around and watching lesbian scenes, that's hypocritical. I just say "I don't like men, but I'll gladly watch any female action, with a guy or with a girl". Thanks for reading.

Trieste

Ja. I get the allure of twice-the-female...

It's mainly the people that are all, "Gays are gross!" who then turn around and get all happy about the lesbian stuff that get to me. I don't actually remember what precisely sparked off that entry, since it was nearly a year ago. >.>

:)

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: Trieste on March 29, 2009, 12:12:40 AM
Ja. I get the allure of twice-the-female...

It's mainly the people that are all, "Gays are gross!" who then turn around and get all happy about the lesbian stuff that get to me. I don't actually remember what precisely sparked off that entry, since it was nearly a year ago. >.>

:)

Yeah, I don't mind "the gay" (as Little Britan's Daffyd would say), I'm cool and work with lots of gay men and some gay women, and even have some friends (as lame as this sounds) that are gay... I just want no danglybits near me, spanks...

Had enough men "cuddling" in the mosh I was last sunday... :)