[Interest Check] - Conception: E Edition

Started by MissFire, October 25, 2015, 06:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissFire

All the profiles submitted so far are accepted, though Krym's going to need a slight edit. If he ditched someone and let her die he'd be kicked out of the academy. This game should be a mixture of action, character development, and sex. The overall plot doesn't have to be complex as it's about the characters most of all. Though if it goes on long enough I'll certainly be able to come up with a few interesting twists to the story to keep things fresh. We'll see how it goes.

We shall start up tomorrow evening or Saturday at some point at the latest. Perhaps we can get a third female by then and even things out.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Leki

Prove it! ;D

I was mainly going for the rumor affect with the letting someone die part.
But even with that aside, I'm not really following the logic in expulsion.
I mean I'd completely agree if they walked in, and Krym ran off laughing... xD
But if they were surrounded by enemies, completely screwed over... I can't imagine the school expecting Krym to go charging in head first against hordes of enemies and costing both of them their lives. Between death and being kicked out of school... I'll take the latter thanks~ xD
Though on a more serious note, I suppose I can change it if it's really an issue, personally think it'd be much more interesting with the current setup though.

I'm not to fussed about Male:Female ratio's since I'm perfectly happy to interact with other male characters, and from the setup of the roleplay it's likely that the pairings will shift and change from time to time.
That said, it would be nice to have a few more people getting involved. Anyone able to contact a friend or two and drag them over? I'd do it myself, but I haven't exactly been around here long enough to know people xD

Deathnote

@Leki - Would you be against the idea of my character being the younger brother of yours? He would've been a member of Krym's street gang and may have gotten his brand at around the same time. Unlike Krym, though, my character would've accepted the academy's offer from the start.

Oh, I'll also be using this picture. ^_^

I guess I'll be aiming for gunslinger / bulleteer.  :p

Leki

Interesting~
I wouldn't mind at all, and think it'd add an interesting dimension to things, though naturally we'd need to talk things over a bit to iron out any uncertainties. Krym's backstory regarding his gang is pretty vague, so feel free to add in anything you want though.

Nice to have another person aboard, Even if you're not a female character! (I'm kidding)~ xD
I'm curious though as to whether you've played the game... or if you're going to be joining the "Never-played-this-game" club with the rest of us? xD

Deathnote

Never played the game. :p

Name: Tymur 'Tim' Laundaste
Sex: Male
Height: Average
Weight: Sinewy

Personality: Normally quiet and remaining stoic all the time, Tim is a very non-energetic person with a carefree and lackadaisical attitude and approach to things.  He can best described as a daydreamer who likes to spend most of his time with his head up in the clouds.  Due to having no ego whatsoever, he rarely lets anything get to him making him very hard to piss off and/or depress.  At times, he could even be described as a little goofy in nature.  He attempts to be friendly and approachable to others, but it's obvious he's not very good at it.  However, with no warning whatsoever, his eyes could sharpen to the point where he could pierce into a person's soul like a knife through butter.  Whenever he's like this, he reveals is more observant and analytical nature.  He can also be surprisingly stubborn and prideful.  Once he's made a decision, he'll see it through to the very end.

Brief History: Growing up as a quiet and introverted individual, Tymur (or 'Tim') found it hard to get along with anyone, including his parents.  Shortly after his older brother Krym was disowned by their parents, Tim's home life became oppressive and bleak, prompting him to run away.  He ended up having to life on the streets for a short time before he was reunited with Krym, where he and several other misfits got together and grew up into an influential street gang.  Although one of the founding members, it soon became obvious that Tim was unsuited for upholding the violent and intimidating image that the street gang was well-known for.  He couldn't even handle bribes unless it was nothing more than handing over cash.  Still, he found a place amongst them as a key look-out and human lie-detector.  That lifestyle came to an end when he woke up with a brand.

Tim was at first reluctant to go with the Academy's disciples.  He changed his mind when he realized that it was an opportunity to become a part of something bigger.  An opportunity to change things for the better.  He said his good-byes to the street gang he grew up with including Krym.  It wasn't until later when Krym showed up at the academy that Tim learned of the brutal attack that led to the deaths of several members of the street gang.

Ability: Tim has great accuracy and precision with long-ranged weapons including firearms.  He's a crack shot and has grown accustomed to moving swiftly and relentlessly due to having to follow Krym's 'strategies' back when they were on the streets.  He's also somewhat adept at hand-to-hand combat (particularly kicking), which he picked up in case he ended up getting into melee.  Although not very bright, he's incredibly perceptive and has great eyesight.  Nearly nothing can get past him whether it be an ambush or deceit.  He appears to have the potential for offensive magic, but he has yet to focus on tapping into this affinity as of yet.

Leki

Lazy bum with hidden claws alert!~ xD
Background matches up pretty well, though I didn't originally intend for the gang to be completely wiped. Was thinking it'd be ruined, but still active in the sense it'd be somewhere for Krym (and maybe Tymur) to go back to after they graduate. Sort of a 'friends back home' thing.

Besides that, I'm sort of curious as to how Krym and Tymur would have reacted when they'd met each other again. I doubt it'd be friendly, perhaps with Krym even considering Tymur a traitor (and the attack could have been prevented if Tymur hadn't left). Or alternatively I could also imagine it being Krym storing up internal jealousy as his lazy ass brother is liked better than him xD Bruised ego~.

Kalive

Lol interesting in the fact Nickalie and Krym might have some issues with each other? Yea I can see it, then again it all depends how it goes so we will wait and see. Which reminds me how are we starting on this, are all out characters already been at the academy for over a year that everyone know each other or are we all newbies? I been meaning to ask that though by the sound of it we all been trained and know each other already but I figure I ask anyways just make sure.

Leki

Haha well I'm hoping to have Krym interact with most, if not everyone in the roleplay.
So it's good to hear that people can imagine their characters having a certain type of issue/relation with Krym xD

That's a pretty good question, so hopefully MissFire can get around to answering that shortly.
Though I've got a question for the guys.

Since we've got 2 girls and 4 guys now... we're a bit short on females x[
I'm still hoping someone will come along and throw in a girl, but if that doesn't happen, would you guys be opposed to me introducing a female character of my own? Was thinking of naming and making one of Krym's Star Children, but wasn't entirely sure where people stood with the whole "Eww but you're a guy IRL" notion xD
Did take a quick stalk over the posting history and I think all but one of you are okay with it... but just wanting to make sure since it's been awhile for some since they did their E! Application.

Kalive

I have nothing against it, maybe I would have said no some years ago. But  without knowing at the time I played with a few guys who did well playing female characters, only later did I find out they were guys playing girls. Which changed my mind about it so again I have no problem with it if you were worried about me. Besides we need more girls as you pointed out and hopefully more will show up.

Deathnote

Quote from: Leki on October 29, 2015, 08:09:33 PM
Lazy bum with hidden claws alert!~ xD
Background matches up pretty well, though I didn't originally intend for the gang to be completely wiped. Was thinking it'd be ruined, but still active in the sense it'd be somewhere for Krym (and maybe Tymur) to go back to after they graduate. Sort of a 'friends back home' thing.

Besides that, I'm sort of curious as to how Krym and Tymur would have reacted when they'd met each other again. I doubt it'd be friendly, perhaps with Krym even considering Tymur a traitor (and the attack could have been prevented if Tymur hadn't left). Or alternatively I could also imagine it being Krym storing up internal jealousy as his lazy ass brother is liked better than him xD Bruised ego~.

Well, let's see... there may have been some internal jealousy from Krym, but I doubt Tymur in turn would hold any ill will toward the older brother he looks up.  Also, keep in mind that one of the reasons why Tymur lasted on the streets as long as he did was because Krym let him join the street gang in the first place.  I would imagine that Tymur would've checked to make sure Krym was okay with his decision to join the academy before actually doing so.  Still, even if Krym gave his blessings, there may still be some tension between the two of them if the attack could've been prevented by Tymur being there.  I foresee a lot of hidden conflicts and unresolved issues between the two of them, though I'd like to believe that at least on the surface, they can still get along.  If Krym's planning on gathering up another group of lackeys at the academy, Tymur can keep being his number two guy.

Also, if you want to play a female character, go ahead and have fun with that.  I've no problem with males playing as female characters as long as things stay platonic between our characters.  Sorry, I know it sounds hypocritical (since I used to play lesbian characters sometimes), but that's just how it is.

Inari

I have played guy characters so I don't see why you shouldn't play females. ;)

MissFire

IC - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=238942.0
OOC - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=238941.0
Characters - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=238940.0

Up and running! Leki, have Krym join the group at the welcome center. Since he's not a 'new' student, he wouldn't be on the ship with the rest of them, but we can say that thanks to his behavior he's been held back a year and must re-train. That'll put him in the same class as the rest of the group.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Leki

Mhmm, I'm fine with him not being on the ship, but I thought I'd mention that Tymur wouldn't be on the ship either since according to his profile he'd have arrived at the school before Krym :/

I'll wait a bit and let the others settle in beforehand I think.
Though I suppose I could have Krym accompanying Tymur who'd been asked to welcome the new recruits since he'd be at least in his second year as well.