[EX] Black Rose (Interest Check & OOC Thread)

Started by Kalab, February 18, 2010, 03:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nim

Yeah well just don't ask Demik to clean them up... they'll never get picked up for sure.  Well except to toss them around like volley balls or use them as hacky sacks.

Selene

Morning all, though I would throw my name in. I do love a good zombie bashing.

Kalab

Ok, it looks like we have plenty enough people for an RP. Things went a little faster than I expected so please be patient with me, we'll get something going soon.
The available characters are basically agents and people trapped within the infected zone.

The agents are people who were in contact with the virus but were affected in a different way than becoming a zombie. They posessd a rare dormant gene that was awakened within them giving them enhaced physical abilities such as strength, speed, and reflexes. There will small variances in the extent of their enhancement just like some people are stronger than others and some are faster. The virus also enhanced there sense of smell, sight, and hearing. It will be the same with their senses, some peolpe see, hear and smell better than others. Their enhancements will be somewhere in the range of 5x to 6x that of their previous capabilities.
The agents will wear lightweight high tech battle suits giving them the ability to manifest a wide range of weapons as well as giving them some defensive capabilities as well. The suits will also give each agent one unique ability that could be akin to a super power. I will leave each person's ability to be their choice.

The uninfected within the zone is an optional role for anybody that for some reason does not want enhancements. They can be armed with whatever weapons are at hand and may have learned skills of their own. They may be have been military or law enforcement, they may have been in the medical field, they may have been a homeless person that just knows how to survive with next to nothing. The choice will be yours.

I would also like to ask that everyone be able to post at least once a day as an agent. If this is a problem perhaps you could play as one of the uninfected. I may have one additional opening for such a person that I have been juggling around in my head, it would be Central Command.
Central Command would not have an active role. They would basically provide intel and maybe give the agents additional missions along the way. They would follow the team's progress via satelite and the additional missions could be almost anything. 'Zombies are converging on a mall, there may be survivors, check it out.' 'The nuclear(sp) power plant at where ever is going critical, stabilize the reactor.' You kind of get the idea.

I will try to get a character profile thread up at some point today and post the link here. Should any of you have additional ideas for types of characters you would want to play, just post them here or PM me and we'll see what we can work out.

If I have forgotten anything of importance, don't be shy, let me know.

I edited this post to be more specific about the enhancements obtained by the virus. Sorry if there was any confusion by my previous post.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Kalab

[imgwidth=500][/img]

Kalab

I just edited a previous post concerning the enhancements obtained by the agents due to the virus. Sorry about any confusion my previous post might have caused.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

krisalyx

well i've got a few sugestions and two charcters who might fit would anyone have a problem if i either played my oh-so loony catgirl maid of course if she sucks badly she can always be zombie fodder (sigh) zombie catgirl maid (and don't worry i er "she" won't bite unless she's infected that is (giggle) oh and the other character that i'd like to play she's kinda based on alyx from half-life 2, and and my story idea was like i said my left 4 dead/bioshock/life after people idea i stll think that could work thorugh i'd have to try to find my original notes if the kitty's a bad idea i'll stick to my human character if that's fine with you of course.
Fuu Fuu Fuu . . . Now Just Behave Yourself!

Kalab

I don't think the catgirl would fit too good here but I could PM you a link to a story where she would fit in just fine if your interested.
There is also a link to yet another in the second post of this thread also.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Kalab

I changed the name of this thread to match the other threads. Did I say threads? Oh that's right, here is the link to the story thread.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=61323.0
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Kalab

Hey Everybody,
First, I would like to thank everyone for joining in to participate in the Black Rose.

We don't seem to have as many participants as I origionally thought would be involved. I have also noticed that the M/F ratio is somewhat lopsided as well. I am not sure exactly to what extent this effects each of you and would like to hear your input. If the situation doesn't correct itself within a day or so, I'll attempt to recrute some male characters if it poses a problem.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Kalab

Ok, this is just a thought and I would like to get some opinions on it. Do you guys think that for any 'pairings' that we should make a separate thread or should we just keep them in the main story thread? I thought the separate thread would keep posts that have nothing to do with the pairing of two characters to being intermingled with their encounter and might help with maintaining the 'mood' and vice versa.  This could also keep the sexual encounters out of the main story and help maintain the pace of the story. Some people may not be interested in reading someone else's sexual encounter, this way it would be optional instead of being right there in the main thread.
Each couple's pairing would have their own thread and could use that thread for each of their encounters. Two character's becoming intimate does in no way lock them together unless they decide to remain in a relationship in the story. Say one of the couple would have an intimate encounter with another character then a thread would be created for their encounters.

Let me know what you guys think or if it even matters. If there are other points someone would like to bring up concerning this, feel free to do so. If there are any questions, fell free to ask.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Demik

I like the idea of doing the sexual encounters in a different thread. That way we wouldn't be having to wait to continue on with the story if someone is having a long, drawn out scene. The two people can establish before hand if they are going to have a relationship or just some fun together then continue on. Just put at the bottom of the post that begins the encounter something like *Continued in such and such*I think it'd keep it better organized and, like you said, keep the continuity of the main story.

Kalab

I had thought of it and felt that it may be worth discussing with everyone or at least get everyone's opinion on the matter. Lets say if the encounter took place somewhere that we set up camp for the night, then the story could continue on later into the night or the next morning so that the characters could still take part in the story without having to rush through their encounter. I think with a little planning and some imagination everybody could have a little naughty fun without interupting the flow of the story.
I was thinking of setting up camp for the night in the city cause I figured it could be close to dark when we got there which will be soon.
I am writing my post now, sorry for the delays. My attention has been pretty much demanded elsewhere besides Elliquiy and my writting time has been limited. Hopefully now I can devote a little more time to writing now.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Malgriff

sorry I havent posted yet guys, your long posts are kinda scaring me a bit >< and i dont know where to make a good appearance.

Kalab

Its good to hear from you, I thought you had given up on us.. Don't be scared, jump in anytime. If I remember right your character is one of the uninfected. We are fixing to head into a city and we could find your character there. If you wanted then you could write a post or two about youir struggle to survive living in a city full of zombies. When we arrive in the city you can spot us and get our attention in some way then join on in with the crowd. I am sure a mechanical genius will come in real handy very soon.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Malgriff

Malgriff

ahh I cant remember where I put my character for this

Kalab

No prob, happy to help anytime.
Here is the link for the profile thread, had them bookmarked in case I needed to look back on anybody's character.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=61260.0
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Kalab

@ Akumamika,
What's your opinion of keeping the intimate encounters in separate threads instead of in the main story thread?
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Nim

Personally I really don't like that idea.  The intimate encounters add new aspects our characters making them more full and complete.  It would be good to see other sides to our characters besides the fact they all  love to kick major ass on zombies all the time.  LOL

Malgriff

I agree with Nim, every action our characters do only adds to the depth of the overall story, regaurdless of how intimate.

Nim

Winks at  Akumamika.  Very well said milady.

Malgriff

Kalab

Looks like we are tied up at the moment. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Selene

I was thinking abut this earlier and I have to say...I'm pretty torn. One the one hand I can see that including the encounters would add to the depth, Like Nim and Akumamika said. But then again...I can also see Demik's point, about how waiting could be an issue.

I am slightly leaning to keeping them included in the original thread...but I can see the other points. Sorry that didn't do much use in coming to a choice.