[EX] Black Rose (Interest Check & OOC Thread)

Started by Kalab, February 18, 2010, 03:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalab

I initially planned this to be a solo RP but I think it could be fun as a group Rp as well so I posted this in both wanted forums.

I have an idea for a RP that's sort of a cross between zombie movies like Resident Evil and 28 days later and Ultraviolet. The virus would have originated in a facility somewhere in southern California and has spread over about a third of the United States and a good portion of Mexico.
The main plot of the story would be to retreive a pure sample of the virus from the facility in order to produce an antidote or a biological means to eradicate those infectected by the virus. It is a final attempt at a solution before the government is forced by the other governments of the world to start dropping the big bombs.
The Ultraviolet portion comes about with the agent or agents that are sent in to retreive the sample. They could be survivors of the virus and therefore immune but it has mutated in their bodies so that obtaining a solution from their blood is impossible. The agent(s) would basically have the same enhancements as Violet did in the movie like senses and physical abilities as well as the weapon manifestation thing she did.
It is my intent to do the story as a solo RP but would consider doing a group RP if the idea attracts enough inerest. There could easily be multiple agents and of course there will be survivors in the infected zone. My ideas are not exactly set in stone and I would be happy to hear insight from others who would be interested in doing this story with me.

I would like to discuss the story to some extent before I actually start the thread. The story will contain lots of blood and gore as well as whatever other offensive acts that the imagination of my fellow writers can conceive. I am rather sure that could be quite offensive to some of the general population. I am placing no limits on the story so it will be posted in the EXTREME section. This should be considered a warning for anyone that is squeamish, you may want to back away now.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Kalab

I am adding this link to another RP that myself and a few others are attempting to get started. Its possible some of you may be interested.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=61054.0
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Malgriff

Kalab

[imgwidth=500][/img]

Malgriff

PaleEnchantress

Being E's resident necromancer I wouldn't mind joining as an antagonist. Just throwing an idea out there what if the Virus has it's own mind and can exert control over those infected. I wouldn't even be adverse to my part being that of someone/something that will eventually be defeated and destroyed.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Kalab

That is an intriguing idea. The discussion of the zombies being organized in some way had been discussed in PM's. That idea hadn't come up. I like it.
The idea is still in its infancy so I am open to any ideas before actually starting the thread.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Kaiten

I like this RP idea. I was gonna join one similar a long time ago but I got busy so you can probably count me in on this one.

Kalab

Great. Glad you liked the idea. Welcome aboard.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Kaiten

Now about how have their bodies mutated? Would these be like small mutations, or large ones that are very physically apparent?

Kalab

If you are speaking of the zombies, most would retain a humanoid appearance but there will be some with extreme physical abnormalities as the virus mutates. If you have some ideas, it would be great to hear them. One of the great things about groups is more ideas to work with.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

PaleEnchantress

Well MxM is my preferred area, but I thought I would mention I can be very flexible when the story calls for it. As the antagonist I might have "close interactions" with any of the players at some point.

Keep me posted.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Malgriff

Kalab

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on February 18, 2010, 06:05:46 PM
Well MxM is my preferred area, but I thought I would mention I can be very flexible when the story calls for it. As the antagonist I might have "close interactions" with any of the players at some point.

Keep me posted.

I have no problem with any kind of interaction between characters as long as they have both agreed upon said interaction. Everybody is into their own thing and I have no intention of inhibitting anyone's enjoyment.
If someone wants no sexual interactions that's fine. If they want to get gang raped by mutated monkeys I'm fine with that too.

Any and all are welcome here.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Kalab

Regarding my last post, even though any and all types of interactions are welcome here, even encouraged, I would really like to develope a solid long term storyline and and not endless stream of sex scenes.
I would also like to encourage brainstorming sessions between participants. I have found these sessions to greatly enhance a story and I have learned not to set any plans in stone because it can always be made better. Ideas should be presented at anytime and discussed amongst us. I would like to take advantage of the creativity of everyone participating and to produce a kick ass RP.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Demik

I like this idea ;D You know I can't resist a RP where I get to rip through a bunch of enemies ;). I'd love playing a Violet-like character. I always thought she was awesome.

Kalab

Demik, hey girl glad you could make it. I was thinking you might find this one interesting. Told you I was gonna try to put a group thing together. I kinda like slicing through hordes of enemies myself.
You reckon Nim is gonna want a piece of this too?
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Demik

Hmmm... possibly. You could certainly invite him and see. I was also thinking... have you ever played the game Prototype? It's kinda a mutating zombie virus getting loose too. We could add elements of that to it too. Like the Hunters, they're giant, strong really fast monsters. Wicked tank destroyers. I hate it when they gang up on me... anyway they're kool but I also like the way the main character can shift his form. He can turn his arm into a wicked blade, or give himself giant fists like boulders that can smash things, he can fly for short distances and run straight up a building (while carrying a poor innocent victim which he can throw off the top of empire state building... so much fun watching them fly...), he can lift cars and throw them, coat himself in a thick coat of wicked looking armor, turn his arm into a shield, and also turn his arm into a kind of whip which can drag down helicopters. I think it'd be kool if one or maybe all of the agents had those abilities or some of them.

Kalab

I think it would be cool if some of the zombies eventually mutated to have some of these abilities. We definitely want worthy advesaries(sp) even though they outnumber us by an ungodly ratio. They will bcome stronger and more dangerous as the story progresses and the virus mutates.
I was thinking of the agents being more like the Violet character but able to manifest a vast array of weaponary. Now I like the idea of them being able to scale buildings.
They will have enhanced speed, strength, reflexes, smell, sight, hearing. The technology of their suits could allow them additional abilities unique to each agent. That could probably work out. Each agent could decide on their own additional ability.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Demik

That would be kool. I like the idea of being able to manifest weapons. Each agent could have a specialty like you said enhanced by their suits. Electricity, fire, invisibility, and so on. Ha, like Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist. He can snap his fingers and things go kaboom. ;D Oh! Which reminds me of someone who might be interested in this one... *Scampers off to see if she can recruit him* Ah, and another note I think their suits should only be able to handle one special ability so we don't have one person who can just do it all. They all have the speed and reflexes and such but only one special ability.

Kalab

Well the weapons manifestation will be common to all of them and probably a grappling hook so they can follow each other as a unit. Each person can come up with their own unique ability they would like to have.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

krisalyx

"MEOW" did i hear someone say zombies well i had a few zombie related idea myself that went nowhere fast is there anymore room for another new character if not i'll wait 'till the next go around
Fuu Fuu Fuu . . . Now Just Behave Yourself!

Kalab

Sure Krisalyx, there is still room and feel free to drop any ideas you may have as well. Demik and myself have been having a little brainstorming session. I find them extremely helpful.
[imgwidth=500][/img]

Nim

Jumps into the party.  (Crunch... looks down to see the head of a zombie underfoot with its brains oozing out in all directions... looks around spots cajundave)  Hey buddy would you mind trying to keep better track of your trophies!  Every time I come to one of your party's I have to watch where I step or even sit for that matter.  I see you caught Demik's interest with this new venture of yours... your right this story is bound to get exceedingly gory... sounds like a blast to me count me in.

~Nim~

Kalab

I have the hardest time keeping a maid. They all leave screaming "TOO MUCH HEADS"

Go Figure. Hehehe
[imgwidth=500][/img]