Justice League rpg.

Started by VoluptuousVixen, March 21, 2011, 06:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmorty33

Well I would, but I'm waiting for Lois to respond for mine. Otherwise, I'm stuck where I am.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

NosCorventius

I will be having etrigan the demon joining you in gotham shortly. Interrupting your ride sounds like a fine Idea.

Ghostraven

I'll try to get something posted later today as well  :-)

VoluptuousVixen

JUSTICE LEAGUE:

The Big 3 all sporting new looks Within the storyline.

IS THIS OUR LEAGUE?
I hope so...the mix of backgrounds and personalitys and experince would be so much fun.
BUt comon guys (in particular) get with the postin.

Rachel. xxxx

Mr Self Destruct

To be honest, I've been waiting for Green Lantern, Etrigan, and the other heroes who haven't debuted yet to make their appearance.  I like the build up that's been put into place for Superman's return, but I'm still waiting for the right moment to do that post.

As for the Joker, he's not particularly happy with the rough treatment by Artemis, though it did turn him on a little :P lol

I'll be working up a reply tomorrow for the Clown Prince, and possibly for Supes if the opportunity presents itself.

NosCorventius

hmm looks like we have a good amount of magic users now and with me having yet to intro Etrigan/Jason Blood I'm thinking I might do a last minute change up of my character. How would everyone feel about me bringing in everyones favorite shapeshifter J'onn J'onzz aka John Jones aka Martian Manhunter?

VoluptuousVixen

Hey, Martian Manhunter would make sense as an addition to the team. Given weve got both Doctor Fate and Raven onboard.
Jonn Jonzz is a great character with great powers.

mainsnoires

Hello there,
I would happily join this group if there's still room and would be interested in playing the Green Lantern. I'm working on the bio/pics at this moment and hope to post all shortly, as per Lois request.

mainsnoires

Hello,
I'm posting the Green Lantern Bio.
I noticed that a lot of players have asked to play the Green Lantern, but not Hal Jordan. I too noticed that there was quite some discussion about this canon character.
So I hope this bio will satisfy all members of this group, and be a nice addition for the game. If not let me know.

----

Superhero/villain: the Green Lantern

Sexual Orientation: heterosexual/dominant

Base of Operations: formerly Coast city, California, N/A

Powers:

Each Green Lantern wields a power ring that can generate a variety of effects, sustained purely by the ring wearer's imagination and strength of will. The greater the user's willpower, the more effective the ring.

Power rings as used by various wielders have exhibited (but are not limited to) the following effects:

Constructs of green 'solid-energy,' which can vary from microscopic to tremendous in size and/or complexity and are limited by the imagination of the ring's wielder. This can be used to attack, defend, or to grab targets (Pre-Crisis, the rings generated telekinectic skills without constructs, if needed)
        Force field generation, a somewhat protective aura (limited by user's willpower) used to shield the wearer from the rigors of the vacuum of space. This provides a breathable atmosphere for the user as well. Contrary to older canon, a Green Lantern ring currently does not automatically protect its wearer from harm but must be willed to do so (previously, an unconscious wielder generated a protective force field automatically).
        Generation of mental "earplugs" to block out telepathic communication and manipulation.
        Rendering targets invisible.
        Lights and beams of various intensity and colors, such as destructive plasma and harmless multicolored lights.
    Movement capabilities:
        Flight, including flight at speeds beyond that of light, although this creates an enormous expenditure of energy.
        Relatively instantaneous transport across the galaxy and other distances through generated wormholes
        Teleportation (an ability that has not been used in quite some time and may be outside the ability of modern Green Lanterns)
        Pre-Crisis, the rings allowed for travel faster than the speed of light.
        Time travel, though several power rings are needed to complete this.
    The rings can act as semi-sentient computers and accesses information through its connection with the Book of Oa; the rings have problem-solving skills but they cannot make decisions or take actions on their own, and must be given directives by the wearer:
        Translation of nearly all languages (originally, this was accomplished by using willpower, but this has changed in the modern era to be a function of the rings themselves).
        Communication between ringwielders, regardless of distance apart
        Diagnostic capabilities, allowing the user to see in X-Ray, diagnose illnesses, and identify materials.
    Mental powers of various stages:
        Telepathy
        Hypnosis, including projecting the target's thoughts onto constructed maps
        Creation and emission of certain types of radiation, including simulated wavelengths, such as kryptonite
        Placing humans into a state of suspended animation and pulling them out of it
    Changing the state of targeted matter and the wearer:
        Allowing targets and the wearer to phase through solid objects
        Rendering the wearer and targets to become invisible
        Accelerated healing of wounds, protection and treatment from viruses and biological attacks and certain surgical procedures including reattachment of severed limbs and digits. More advanced medical procedures may be performed manually and are limited by the wearer's knowledge of medicine. Pre-Crisis, a wearer could instantaneously reinvigorate limbs that had not been used in years, so someone bedridden for years could walk as though their muscles had not atrophied.
        Virtual shape-shifting by generating a hard-light holographic disguise around the ring bearer.
        "Digitizing" the wearer to absorb them into the ring where they can live in a wearer-generated "world" of their own nearly indefinitely.
        Pre-Crisis, a ring could alter a being's molecular size (including shrinking to an atomic level), evolutionary stage (such as turning a target human into an ape), or distort specific targeted areas of the body (slowing the Flash down by making his upper torso too large for him to run).
        Pre-Crisis, a wearer could animate non-living matter and make the target do whatever is willed.
        Pre-Crisis, the rings could create a construct of a ring that a "non-Lantern" could use for 4 hours at a time (as opposed to 24) without a great effort of will.
        Pre-Crisis, a ring could create multiple copies of its wearer if certain conditions were met; each copy had the capabilities of the original wearer.
        In Green Lantern: First Flight Sinestro was able to "reconnect synapses" in the brain of a dead criminal in order to extract information via a kind of guided discussion.

Weaknesses:

The upper limits of the power ring's abilities remain undefined, and it has been referred to as "the most powerful weapon in the universe" on more than one occasion. It has also been stated that every weapon has a weakness and the weakness a Green Lantern ring has is its wearer (though some argue that this is its strength). Across the years, the rings have been shown capable of accomplishing almost anything within the imagination of the ring bearer. Stories in 2006 reconnected the ring's long-established ineffectiveness on yellow objects, stating that the ring-wielder need only feel fear, understand it and overcome it in order to affect yellow objects (however, it is a learned and practiced ability, making it a weakness to some Green Lanterns), giving retroactive credence to the explanation of the ring's real but surmountable weakness to yellow.

History:

The Green Lantern Oath:

“    

In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!

”

Hal Jordan was born in Coast City on February the 20th, to parents Martin Jordan and Jessica Jordan, the middle of three children with older brother Jack and a younger brother Jim. As a young child, he idolized his father, a test pilot who worked for Ferris Aircraft. At a very young age, he had to face his greatest fears when his father died in a plane crash. Despite his family's wishes, he followed in his father's footsteps and eventually joined the United States Air Force as soon as he was eligible.

Many years later, a dying alien named Abin Sur who had been a member of the Green Lantern Corps crash-landed his ship in the Californian desert. Selecting a replacement officer for his position, the power ring chose Hal Jordan for his ability to overcome great fear. The ring and its abilities were explained to him, and he inherited the mantle of Green Lantern. Acting as a galactic police officer, it was his job to serve and protect all life in Sector 2814. He would soon learn that there were another 3600 Green Lanterns across the universe, all monitored and empowered by mystical creatures called the Guardians.

Hal received training from some of the best the Corps had to offer, including drill sergeant Kilowog, and his mentor Sinestro. While training, he learned that Sinestro has been subjugating his home planet, Korugar with his ring, through fear. He reported these acts to the Guardians and to his own fellow Corps about this. He then battled Sinestro, and was victorious, and then, along with the rest of the Corps, testified against him at his trial. Sinestro was expelled from the Corps and banished to the Antimatter Universe by the Guardians as punishment, finally becoming a sworn enemy of the Corps and then got a new Qward power ring, beginning his revenge.

As Green Lantern, he patrolled the galaxy and went on many missions in space. He continued to spend his time at home working at Ferris Aircraft, where he romantically pursued his boss, the lovely Carol Ferris. He would entrust his secrets to a young eskimo lad who worked as his mechanic, Tom Kalmaku.

Green Lantern was one of the founding members of the Justice League of America, along with the Flash, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter and of course, Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. This group first banded together when they met to fight Appellaxians invading the planet, and realized that they worked much stronger as a team than any of them could have individually.

Recently, the attack of Earth by Darkseid and his army had been stopped only at great cost:the death of Green Lantern in the process, even though his body was never retrieved, and the disbanding of the Justice League along with the decision of various heroes to follow a darker, more realistic and less idealistic path.
For now, Darkseid has been defeated and imprisonned inside the Source Wall. The re-awakening of Hal Jordan is a mystery to all, including himself, one that he wishes to solve.

Activity:

Hal Jordan is awakening right now, and has not participated in any activity after his 'death'.

Known Enemies:

-Sinestro,
-Star Sapphire,
-Black Hand,
-Nekron,
-Manhunters,
-Parallax,
-Sinestro Corps,
-Atrocitus and Red Lantern Corps,
-Anti-Green Lantern Corps (Black Lantern Corps)
(Archenemies - your own Lex Luthor or Joker)

Appearance without costume:

Costume:

Equipment:
-Green Lantern Power Battery
-Green Lantern Ring

Mr Self Destruct

In this story, Hal Jordan is dead, killed by Darkseid during his invasion of Earth. It's the pivotal moment that leads to the Justice League disbanding.

Jmorty33

Yeah, so if you want to be Green Lantern then you'll have to be either John or Guy. Kyle has been taken, but the guy that took him has yet to post so he may be up for grabs again.

Novak

Superhero/villain:  Green Arrow
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Base of Operations:  Metropolis and Star City

Powers:  Master Archer, Master martial artist, Master swordsman, Aviation, in peak physical condition

Weaknesses: Can be over confident and arrogant at times.

History: When billionaire Oliver Queen fell overboard from a yacht, he was washed up on a deserted island where he was forced to learn how to hunt with a bow and arrow in order to survive. He eventually escaped from the island by overpowering some drug smugglers and handing them over to the authorities. Changed by his experiences, he decided to give something back to society, in as exciting a way as possible becoming a crime-fighter, using his archery skills for good.

Activity:  Has been hanging around watch tower in a bit of a personal slump and doing a little binge drinking at times.

Known Enemies:  Cupid, Lex Luthor, Riddler, and Walter Steele
Appearance without costume:

Costume:

Equipment: Hunting Bow and cross bow.  Grappling gun and an arsenal of different specialty arrows. A fleet of personal vehicles.

mainsnoires

I have noted it and tried to work around an idea that I liked, that was to bring him back. The circumstances of this event would be to discover and could be interesting for the rpg.

QuoteRecently, the attack of Earth by Darkseid and his army had been stopped only at great cost:the death of Green Lantern in the process, even though his body was never retrieved, and the disbanding of the Justice League along with the decision of various heroes to follow a darker, more realistic and less idealistic path.
For now, Darkseid has been defeated and imprisonned inside the Source Wall. The re-awakening of Hal Jordan is a mystery to all, including himself, one that he wishes to solve.

However, I realize this will not fit into your ST and will not insist. I will not take another member's character either, who had chosen Green Lantern before me.
Thanks for your input.

VoluptuousVixen

Well guys, weve been waiting for Kyles player to post for awhile now. So I think Hal can come back, yes hi death shatterd the league but the cracks were allready there, how many times have they broken up only to get back together? Same as how many heroes have returned from the Dead?  mainsnoires I want him to play Green lantern Hal beacuse I think he`l do a good job with him.
Its going to be dramtic when he shows up and sees what happend after his death. Kinda like our version of the Justice League toon where Flash (Wally West) realised hi death caused the creation of the Justice Lords in an alternate timeline.
Im sure mainsnoires can write that conflict and Hal`s guilt well. Pluse how can his fellow leagures look him in the face? He will be a reminder of what they USED to be. That will Sting a great deal.

Now here`s a bombshell, I have to leave town (london) for two months. Im a stage Manager and just been given a job on the road with an Agatha Christi Play here in the UK. SO, im not going to have internet access. ALTHOUGH my phone has an internet connection but I need to go into an Phone hop and get the Adult lock taken off, once its taken off I can post again on E.
Its so frustrateing as otherwise I could post to you guys. So although il have my laptop with me it could be a couple  weeks (knowing my luck) before I A) Get time to go into a phone shop B) For whaterver they need to do to unlock my phone so  can access this websight.
So here`s the plan.

I wan`t  you guys as a whole Group to keep this game Alive for me! As Its so much fun reading youre work.
So please Temp Wonder Woman and Oracle. Our heroes are now in Metropolis so lets get this action started.

Jmorty33,
Ghostraven,
dvalen,
elven sex goddess,
kalthus63,
dark clown,
jdrew spider,
NosCorventius,

There are enough of you to hold the game together while im absent. (Il try my bestist to be no longer then two weeks)
Please DONT LET IT DIE!!!!!!!!

mainsnoires WELCOME as Green Lantern, Hal jordan
And WELCOME Novak as oliver Queen/Green Arrow.

mainsnoires Im gonng to ask you to think up a plausable reason for Hal`s death and subsiquent Return.
And If we get a Kylen/Green Lantern suddenly posting thats OK too. e can have more then one GL in the Team. Mabye one of them gets a new codename, just like the comics.

As for Oliver Queen, he payed to have the Metropolis Watchtower Fitted as Babs/Oracle stated so mabye its HIM who wants to bring the band back together!!!

My Mod when im gone is gonig to be NosCorventius, Im looking forward to seeing youre version of Martin Manhunter soon.
As far as a team we have Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Green lantern (Hal), BLack Canary, Doctor Fate, lady BlackHawk, Raven, Martin Manhunter, Batgirl, Green Arrow and hopefully another Green Lantern. Thats a great line up of heroes!!!

Id say they all shouldstorm Luthorcorpe and fight off some of Lex`s roboty creations. hehe. Well thats just a suggestion.
Please make sure members dont get left out in the Cold and feel free to move around Wonder Woman and Oracle. Just dont kill them and have them engagein sexy time (Im saveing myself to write those bits)

As for Artemis Dont owrry about her il deal with her when I get back.
Any questions? i dont leave till Saturday evening so I can check sometime tommorrow.
So any questions ask me while im still here.

Rachel. xxx

Mr Self Destruct

The entire reason for Hal's death was to darken the League and its outlook on life.  And suddenly, he's back? I'm sorry, but I can't do that.  Sure, heroes come back all the time in the comics, but for this storyline, Hal should stay dead.  Otherwise, it takes the punch out of why the team has become what they are now.

Jmorty33

I agree with Dark, it would kill the whole reason why they broke up. Plus Hal has already been brought back once, it would seem to ruin continuity if we resurect a hero twice when every other one got only one.

Ghostraven

I have to agree with Jmorty33 & Dark Clown, I don't think that Hal should come back form the dead. We haven't even actually reformed the league yet.
His sudden return would just undermine the Idea that the story was predicated on.

VoluptuousVixen

Ok, Well im not a God-mod so im listening to what you guys are saying. Hal needs to stay dead. So I sent mainsnoires a list of Available Heroes to choose From. Aqua-Man, Aqua-Boy, Cyborge, Nightwing, Beast Boy, Hawkman, Captain Marvel, Captain Atom, Animal Man, plastic Man, The Flash and Superboy for example. Hmmm Mabye Guy Gardner too, he`s allways fun to have around.

Im gonig to post tonight as Wonder Woman/oracle. Im gonig to kinda Write oracle going away on her own mission.
BUT she`s left Lady Blackhawk in charge of Watchtower. SO you guys can allways use it as a place to meet.
Please make sure no one gets left out in the Cold. Batman, Lady Blackwak...anyone really...
And just so we are clear I hinted the Old Watchtower is now been bought and payed for by Oliver Queen.
SO mabye thats a good way to bring him in  too. I imagen him and Babs went over all the security codes etc.

I defo think everyone is gonig to be seeing whats gonig down at LuthorCorpe and findeing out what Lex`s up to. Anyway Il be on later to tie up some threads. Im defiantly back with net connection on the 6th of june cos im back home. But then im going to see if I can get my I phone sorted out so I can access Elliquiy, its got sum adult lock thingy on which is annoynig.

Anyway all of you take care and keep playing.

NosCorventius

Glad to help out and watch this for you sweetie. I've just finish my manhunter profile so I'll be working on getting a post for Lex and Jonn in tommorow as well as making a few changes to ease up game play and help in orginization. For now however I'm of to another bit of work. The job.

JDrew Spider

My fingers are itching for action!

You guys are probably wondering...where'd she come from. Anywho Nos if you need any help, I gotcha!
Now that the gangs in metropolis Canary did mention paying Lex Corp a visit, base of operations (which I guess will be Barbs new joint, and putting people on active duty).

I'm ready!
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

NosCorventius

Sorry all for the delay on this I'm trying to get my writing done between work shifts but it's proving difficult. Got pulled down to the school today to deal with kids issues so wasn't able to finish my post and now I've run out of time again. Hoping to finish things though tommorrow morning.

Ghostraven

I have to be away for about a week for some family things that have come up. I apologize for the short notice .
I'll do a short post and have Raven head to the west coast and the Titans while I'm gone. If you should need to use her for something for the story please do. :-)

Sorry again,  :'(

Ghostraven

NosCorventius

Something to add to your bookmarks people. The Justice League: Case Files I've built a thread for approved character sheets. I'll be adding them myself so please don't rush over to post them as I want to keep the area as uniform as possible and I still have some tweaking to do before I'll be happy with it.

I'll be using the Case files are to keep a running summary of our game and keep a running toll of who is active (Full-time members), on leave (Part-time members), approved but hasn't posted (Alternates), and who is still awaiting approval (Under Consideration.)

After putting everything together I am also realising how few villians our legion has. For you that wish to play bad guys please put them together so I can approve them. I will be putting together a recruitment thread together as well tomorrow specifically for villians so if there is someone your twitching to play better get your name in first. Remember any villain that has been a member of the Legion of Doom, The Masters of Evil, the Rogues Gallery(Batman or Flash), or has appeared in Teen Titans, Smallville, JLU, Young Justice, or is listed in another players known enemies, other than Darkseid and his henchmen/women, is fair game. So let's see what you got.

~Nos~

dvalen

I realize that this is a superhero sim but Elliquiy is also an adult writing site with the expectation of sex.  I really don't want to wait months down the road before anything happens, so I'm wondering really if I'm wasting my time or what?  Just being honest and forthright.

Novak

If that's what you are interested in the RP PM a member that you would like to engage in a sex scene with and set it up.  It hasn't happened yet, but I have PM'd a member and are going to work them into at least a fling together.  In my experience unless you agree to work in a sexual situation you may wait a while in superhero based RPs.