News:

Main Menu

Tim McGraw is my hero

Started by Maeven, June 26, 2008, 08:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maeven

*is pretty sure this one hasn't been posted yet*

Smackdown

Granted, when you've got 20,000 people as back up is probably easy to feel 'ten feet tall and bullet proof' but how many other performers would just overlook what allegedly happened in the crowd?

And, I just love the way he's goes right back into the song he's singing with a relevant verse.  *swoon*

Incidentally, Tim and Faith put on an amazing show... even if you don't like country music. 
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Jeramiahh

Tim's one of my favorite performers, ever; I have never paid a dime for any amount of music in my life, and I would GLADLY pay to see one of his concerts. I love his attitude, I love his style, and I adore his music... especially since a few of the songs hit so close to home. I always get a little teary-eyed during "Live Like You Were Dyin'."
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

The Overlord

I'm not a C&W fan by any measure, never will be, but this guy's stock went up some good points with me for what he did. I hope when they got the guy backstage they beat the crap out of him. Shitbag, the only good wifebeater is one beat back so hard he can't even pick himself up off the floor.

Apple of Eris

So what DID happen in the crowd? I couldn't tell at all.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Sherona

According to reports Tim Mcgraw sees a large man run through the crowd and start attacking a female. He called for security, but they had difficulty getting there in a timely fashion due to the crowds, so Tim reaches down and grabs the guy dragging him up on stage away from the female.

Tim and Faith have a history of standing up for what they think is right (they are both southern bred ;) ) anyway, one nigth a female fan grabbed Tim Mcgraws balls, he kind of chewed her out, but then Faith (who is his wife) comes out and does the whole redneck "Get your hands off my man or I will be sticking my foot up your ass" type thing as well, all this on stage of their concert.

Another time Tim thought this woman he shook hands with grabbed his pinky ring, he kept telling her to give it back, the first few times she didnt understand him due to the loud music..the cameras made it look  like he was accusing her but he was apparently just asking louder and louder for the music, the ring another woman had and she turned it over to the security...the original fan cleared up matters by calling in on radio.

All this I learned simply googling this video......-.-

The Overlord

He acted properly, somebody needs to keep these shitbags in their place. According to the initial article I read on the incident, the guy was 'roughing up' a woman in the audience. Whether he didn't know her all or if she was his wife makes no difference, that kind of misbehavior has no excuse.

As far as the comment goes on Tim having 20,000 people as back up is probably easy to feel 'ten feet tall and bullet proof', well that might be the case. Likewise, it's easy for guys like this to think they're tough shit beating on a woman, up until the point where another guy steps in and shows him the error of his ways.

In my experience, wifebeaters are physically and/or mentally unimpressive. Sometimes all that's needed is for someone else to step up and smash in his head. Barbaric? Yes, but guys like that only get the message one way. They're generally too fucking stupid for anything less subtle.

Apple of Eris

Then again, supose it was his wife he beat, what do you think he'll do to her when he gets home? A big hug and kiss?

I'm not condoning the man or discrediting what Timmy did, I find that commendable, but seriously, dealing with a wife-beater isn't just a matter of 'kicking his ass' the one time. It's also about helping the woman out of an abusive situation and that's more than a spur of the moment act of heroic violence.

That said, I think what Tim did was a good thing. :)
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Sherona

Quote from: Apple of Eris on June 29, 2008, 10:53:55 PM
Then again, supose it was his wife he beat, what do you think he'll do to her when he gets home? A big hug and kiss?

I'm not condoning the man or discrediting what Timmy did, I find that commendable, but seriously, dealing with a wife-beater isn't just a matter of 'kicking his ass' the one time. It's also about helping the woman out of an abusive situation and that's more than a spur of the moment act of heroic violence.

That said, I think what Tim did was a good thing. :)

Indeed. And often the men blame their wife/girlfriend for the assbeating....and no I don't want to hear the BS of 'THey should leave them' because its not always that simple. One is scared, frightened out of their minds. if they have family they could go to within the same area they would be afraid for their families as well, they would be afraid to stay in same area and sometimes one is beaten so badly that one half thinks one deserves it.

One thinks that they are nothing but worthless peice of flesh that can only GET the wife-beater, that if they left they will be alone and probably running forever. They are afraid that they will fail miserably, sometimes there are kids involved and they are afraid they aren't good enough to make it on their own and their kids will suffer for it. They are so psychologically dependant on the wife-beater that they feel that without that person they just can not survive. They think that its their fault they are hit, they make the person mad, they can't do anything right...its a vicious cycle taht needs more then a "Hey stupid, get yourself out fo there"....

/end rant.

still I had to cheer when I saw it.

Maeven

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

The Overlord

Quote from: Apple of Eris on June 29, 2008, 10:53:55 PM

Of course not, being the coward that he is, he'll lay into her again. But getting your ass kicked on stage and in front of the camera is going to make a difference. If this asshole shows up somewhere for a domestic disturbance report, he's going to be remembered now.

And yes, I've seen this sort of thing go down in rl. Getting the woman out of the situation is crucial, but unfortunately some of them are dumb enough to go back. Trust me I know.

Without turning this into a fiery harangue on vigilantism, I do believe we need to go beyond current laws to prevent it. Chronic wife-beaters are a waste of skin, plain and simple. The first offense should be punishable by a horrific beating to make the point on what he's slowly doing to the psyche of his wife.

And that should be followed by a stern warning; if he does it again, he's dead.

Sherona

Quoteare dumb enough to go back.

*sighs and points to her post on why this is a completely ....narrow minded view of women who are in that situation*

And as people who managed to read my post probably can surmise, I am near and dear to this topic and thus do not trust myself to really debate the issues of stupidity versus being so psychologically beaten down its impossible to leave on one's own, in a calm logical fashion wtihout getting emotionally involved I will step out of this..

Sherona

Oh and if anyone wants me to split this topic out so that the posts about domestic abuse is their own thread so tht the discussion can move forward without continuing to hijack this thread, let me know and I can do that.

Trieste

Heh. Thanks for the update, Maeven, although all I can think is, "Dude, leave the guy alone, he's out with his family ..."

Then again, I didn't see what they were going into so it could have been a family press junket thingie for all I know. :P

Sherona

Quote from: Trieste on July 01, 2008, 09:39:54 AM
Heh. Thanks for the update, Maeven, although all I can think is, "Dude, leave the guy alone, he's out with his family ..."

Then again, I didn't see what they were going into so it could have been a family press junket thingie for all I know. :P

*smiles* I was thinking the same thing. Then I thought of how nice Tim and Faith were to the camera and reporters, I know I probably would be a bit irritated if I was out wtih my family and questioned by paperazzi.

ShrowdedPoet

I would have told them out of earshot of my family that if they didn't leave me and my family alone I'd show them what could have happened onstage.

Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Phaia

I just want to trade places with Faith....for a night.

Tim McGraw all mine for a night...Heaven!!

Sherona

*smiles* Last time this was posted on was July 1st..wow..

But yes Tim can be yummy at times..