Sex, Plotting and Betrayals inside the Castle (Medieval RP)

Started by elfguy, July 26, 2013, 12:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJackal

Well yeah, I don't have a problem with being a regent Queen

eiselmann

I think we can get away without a King , having a Queen as Regent or indeed Monarch will be seen as a sign of possible weakness and to moves to marry her and gain power will further throw the Kingdom in turmoil.

260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

WhiteWave

Hey I was wondering if you were still looking for more characters? Because I would really love to join if I can.

elfguy

----

eiselmann

Is there an occ thread I may have missed or will we do plotting from here.
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

Sara Nilsson

we should have an ooc.. puff soon done with my bio..darn work is hectic today

doodasaurus

i've done some plotting by PM and would welcome more.  ;D

Pipaluk

An OOC thread would be nice. elfguy should create one when he's online next.

MadJackal

Just written my part. There was a lot of characters to include, so don't hesitate to tell me if there's any incoherence or something.

Sara Nilsson

Name: Hetshepsit Neferet

Role: Diplomat and Priestess of the Mortuary Cult.

Bio: As with most Priests (and Priestesses) of the Mortuary Cult she has been groomed for the job from birth, both her parents being Priests so she grew up in the necropolis outside of the capital of Deyya.  As a teenager she quickly rose in her teachers eyes while devouring every piece of the Book of the Dead with a zeal that few of her peers had. Faith came easily to her as she walked the dark streets of the necropolis, almost hearing the whispers of the dead that surrounded her. At the age of 21 she was declared a full Priestess and was sent on the usual pilgrimage to the holy sites scattered across Deyya, normally a young priest will spend up to a year on his or her pilgramage but she took a whole of seven years making sure to spend a significant time at each site. Often she would help restore some of the faded hieroglyphs and sanctifying the ones that had been pillaged by raiders.

Since most of her friends growing up where other children studding to become priests her social skills are quite lacking, and a lot of the times she finds talking to regular people a bit difficult as they lack the same frame of reference that she has. But she really is trying to be easier to get along with and often will shut her mouth loudly just as she feels a long sermon with multiple references to the Book of the Dead coming up. In her dealings she is all to well aware that many are just trying to use her position as a diplomat to further their own agendas so she always takes her time to view every proposal from as many angles as she can along with consulting the Book before agreeing to anything, but above all she always makes sure that any deal with benefit her beloved homeland that she would lay down her life for without a seconds hesitation. Then again when it is your belief that your life is only a preparation stage for what will come afterwards then any threat seems very small in deed.

When she returned from her pilgramige she was appointed diplomat to Freeport as the old diplomat had gone to meet the ancestors, while a great honor she also felt a very heavy weight in her heart at having to leave her beloved home to probably never see it again until death claimed her. So as soon as she arrived she had the old diplomatic quarters refurbished to more closely resemble her old homeland, sandstone walls where put in with scenes from the Book carefully painted on them by her own hand. All windows where barred up so only the flickering of torches gives off any light inside where many heavy silken tapestries divide the rooms.

Deyya is a large sprawling desert kingdom ruled by the immortal Priest King who is said to be a mouth piece for the collected wisdom of the dead, the person itself on the throne is seen as no more then a body through which the ancestors speak so it is always dressed in a heavy mask of gold. Some people say there are more then one Priest King but such thoughts have been declared herecy and anyone voicing it can expect a short but violent end to their life. What little crops can grow along the coast and the two major rivers can barely feed the population along with the offerings to the dead so grain of any sort is a major import while gold and precious stones are its major export from the many mines hidden in the deep desert.

There are many rumours concerning the Mortuary Cult among those that haven't grown up in Deyya, the most popular is that a sinner can approach one of the Priests (male or female) to have his sins forgiven for a generous donation and then to be lead deep into one of the sprawling tombs where they will have sex. Signifying the end to the old sinful life and the beginning of a new in service to the dead. If a child is born from such a transation the sinner is said to be doubly blessed, if this is true or not.. well she always just gives a mysterious smile when someone foolhardy or drunk enough asks.

Ons/Offs: The living are of little interest to her and it takes a very strong person to catch her eye.