Interest Check - Pokken Academy - (OLD)

Started by ZephySempai, April 11, 2017, 12:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bekah Boo

Quote from: ZephySempai on April 11, 2017, 08:08:44 PM
ALSO

Comments on the above info about the Four Houses? Likes? Dislikes? Additions? You're gonna be living here so speak now or forever be stuck with a Haunted Mansion ^_^

I'm trying to decide if I wanna add a point system to the houses also, kinda like in Harry Potter. But that sounds like work... -___- I'm definitely liking the idea, just not the idea of keeping track lol.

Should we do points and make a leaderboard for the 4 houses, or should we keep things freeform, go with the flow? We can always add the stuff later if it seems like it fits/we get a million people playing the game ^_^

I kinda like the idea of a point system, though as you said it could become a but much after a while depending on if there are the head of the houses to keep track of it all.
If anything there could be a sort of game day where all the houses compete against one another for like a winner take all sort of thing, so not so much as a year round thing but just an event. Just a thought ;3

Batman4560

If you guys will have me that is....

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Arron Shaw

Sexual Preference: Hetrosexual

Personality: One word that would describe Arron would be focused. Once his mind is made up he commits to a task or idea completely and will see it through as best as he can. On the other hand he is extremely stand offish due to not having many friends in his life. He's never sure if someone is messing with him or being serious so he tends to trust the judgment of Shane more than his own when it comes to people. The tall man wants a lot out of life, love, happiness and a place of his own where he isn't ignored as if he were someone who didn't belong. He is still figuring out who he is but very much wants to become a better person first and foremost.

Home Town: Cianwood City, Johto

Starter Pokemon: Growlithe (Shane)

Background:

Born in Cinawood City, Arron lived a hard life being bullied at school while his older brother went off to become a Pokemon trainer, leaving Arron with an egg that he got as a reward for helping out a local shop owner. For a while the only thing that gave him comfort was the fact that he knew his brother was well on his way to becoming a Pokemon Master and that he would one day go on adventures too. Mostly ignored by his parents, Arron quickly started taking to the idea of Pokemon training as a way to get away from the troubles of living at home as he felt he was meant for something greater in life. This led Arron to learn to form bonds with Pokemon rather quickly, even if he had no pokeballs to try and capture them with. When he turned twelve the egg his brother Mark gave him hatched, and Growlithe was born.

The boy spent as much time as he could, working and learning with Growlithe and named him Shane, viewing him like his own flesh and blood. At the age of twenty Arron ran into a group of Team Rocket members who were trying to steal a young boy's Nidoran. Along with Shane, Arron managed to chase the men off and used Shane's sharp nose to lead Arron and the local police to an underground hideout where the Rockets were hiding. Shortly after, with a big thanks to Shane's blazing hot fur Team Rocket was arrested and behind bars. Arron went on to become a police officer for a year then decided it was time to take on the Elite Four. During his battle with Falkner he was attacked by a Scyther owned by a man he put behind bars for a few months and nearly killed. This led Arron to go down a road of self discovery where he ran across Pokken Academy, a place his brother visited for a few years and often urged Arron to stay and learn at for a while...

Best Experience With Pokemon: Helping arrest a local group of Team Rocket members after hunting them down.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Getting stabbed by a Scyther in the middle of a battle with Falkner for his first badge.

Other: Arron is staying under the request of his older brother to learn more before he continues his quest to defeat the Elite four.

Diesel Heart

Name:  Vernon Crowning

Sexual Preference:  Heterosexual

Personality:

Vernon is a stoic man with a guilty consciousness, inspired by events in his life to make the world a better place and further the relationship between humanity and Pokemon.  Dedicated to his decisions, most of which can be described as impulsive and without regard to potential consequence, he often loses himself in thought which unfortunately makes him come off as aloof sometimes.  Nonetheless, he is a passionate, fiery soul with a heart of gold ready to leap into dangerous situations alongside his companions.

Home Town:  Celadon City

Starter Pokemon: Absol

Background:

Every child born into a Team Rocket family knows three simple things:  the envy they feel when their friends spend time with family, the cruelty humanity can exhibit on defenseless creatures, and the necessity in learning how to take care of themselves.  For Vernon, it was no different and most of his childhood was spent with a group of misfits acting like hoodlums with their primary target being customers of the Celadon Hotel.  It was his method of contributing to the household, taught the value of pulling his own weight by a cutthroat father with a penchant for Darwinism.  All the while, his mother's research and experimentation of Pokemon introduced him to various types unlike those normally seen in the area, prompting decision to see every type possible.  Through careful wording, he convinced his father to let him join in on some schemes and found himself normally in charge of being on the look out for police or scouting out potential Pokemon of interest in the city, preferably those owned by traveling Trainers.

After years of working with his father to fuel Team Rocket's agenda, he was given the opportunity to execute a theft alone.  Two days later, he caught sight of a young Trainer traveling with a Clefable and decided that was his mark.  After careful execution, he managed to grab the Clefable at the cost of being seen by the Trainer.  Despite her best efforts in chasing after him, she couldn't keep and fell to her knees with a begging plead of desperation.  Hearing the word 'friend' resonated in him for a moment before he looked back to see her bawling on the ground.  Until that point, all he knew was Trainers pitting their Pokemon in violent contests of skill, menial labor for companies or home owners and the acts he performed with his father.  The concept of a Pokemon being a companion was a foreign one.  Deciding to see the results, he brought the Pokemon back and watched the Trainer and the Clefable embrace each other like he saw in some families.  It reminded him of the neglect of affection he had in life..

With the prospect of traveling the world to look at every type of Pokemon in the world alongside one that gave him a sense of companionship, the decision of studying Pokemon for different reasons than his mother was made.  He asked the Trainer how she acquired her first Pokemon and what it was like to travel alongside them.  While she seemed reluctant to indulge his curiosity, she enlightened him to the process of getting a permit, learning necessary information from classes in order to care for them and passing tests to capture one in the wild.  Knowing the botched theft would result in a beating from his father, Vernon asked if she could teach him and offered payment for the time.  For the first time, he left Celadon City with his savings being handed over to a new mentor.  Over the course of years, they traveled together and he learned an exceptional lot about Pokemon; things that his father or mother was either unaware of or purposefully kept in in the dark about.

During their travels, Vernon and the Trainer entered a remote village near a mountainside in Hoenn.  They soon realized that they were being plagued by a series of unfortunate tremors originating from the mountain.  Some of the locals kept mentioning a Pokemon being behind the sudden change, rumored to always bring disaster with it wherever it went.  When they decided to investigate, they caught sight of a Pokemon with white fur and red eyes running down the mountain toward the village before stopping to look at them.  Vernon's companion attempted to get a reading and battle it but it quickly ran back up the mountain, prompting them to follow it when they realized it matched the villager's description.  It led them to a gathering of Diglet's that were causing instability in the mountain's structure and brought their attention to a threatening rockslide.  Deciding to help it, Vernon rushed ahead and managed to chase everyone out the area before it was too late.

After everyone was safe from the rockslide, the villagers began to protest about the Pokemon's presence until Vernon spoke up against them, explaining that if it wasn't for it, they would all likely be dead.  Reluctantly, they all surrendered their stance and began to discuss how to move on now that their home was destroyed.  Vernon felt a nudge to the shoulder from his companion, prompting him to turn and see the Pokemon was staring at him with an inspired gaze.  His heard his companion explain that sometimes a Pokemon chooses their own instead of being captured and encouraged him to approach, handing him an empty Pokeball in transit.  He slowly approached and watched the Pokemon lower it's head before stepping closer and have him pet it.  It took a simple lick to the cheek and a grin before they briefly bonded, ending with the Pokemon being contained in the Pokeball.

With his first Pokemon, the Trainer urged him to look into following the proper procedure and apply all she taught him.  She rejected the payment and told him to use it as tuition fees for entering a Pokemon Academy.  Their painful departure left Vernon curious where she ended up while he enrolled into Pokken Academy with high ambitions...

Best Experience With Pokemon:  When Vernon worked with his Absol to avoid disaster and save people's lives.  It empirically taught him the power of cooperation with Pokemon unlike all the battling he watched his companion perform.

Worst Experience With Pokemon:  While he wasn't aware at the time, he recalls the horrific experimentation he knew his parents were performing on Pokemon when he was younger.  In present-day, remembering the dismal gloom in their eyes is a haunting memory.

Other:
Vernon fell in love with his traveling companion years ago but never followed up on those feelings.  He also has an underlying hatred for his parents and Team Rocket's remnants by extension.  While he is attending the Academy to learn the ins and outs of battling, his real agenda is to befriend all the Pokemon he can see and possibly complete the International Pokedex.  His mother, despite her methods, left an impression on him so Pokemon Research is a very important factor in his goals.

EndofDivine

Name: Haven Winters

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Personality: Once you get to know her, Haven's a bright, cheerful, and bubbly sort of girl that isn't afraid to let loose and be her quirky self when she's in her comfort zone. The problem is getting to know her in the first place. Ever since receiving her invitation to Pokken Academy, Haven's had a tendency to keep people at arm's length. She's become a whirlwind of constant activity, driven to take advantage of what she sees as her best chance of making her dreams come true. Pokken Academy is the first of many stepping stones toward her ultimate destiny of becoming the premier name in Pokemon style and fashion, and Haven has no intention of letting the lessons it can teach her go to waste. Her vulpix is pretty much her only friend since she moved from home and she absolutely spoils him rotten.

Home Town: Azalea Town

Starter Pokemon: Vulpix

Background:Haven might be a country girl from a small town in Johto but you would be hard pressed to find a group of people that didn't recognize her face. Remember that dance craze that swept across the world a year ago? The one that everyone was imitating for a month? Yeah, that one. And remember that girl that taught the whole thing to her vulpix and put a video up of the two of them synchronized dancing and absolutely nailing it in the most heartwarming way possible? That was Haven.

Her time as a celebrity came and went, with Haven making a little money off the whole thing in the end. It was nowhere near enough to realize her dream but with the end of school fast approaching, she had little choice but to buckle down and start applying to colleges. Months passed and Haven had mostly forgotten about her time in the limelight. Soon, she was tearing through one acceptance letter after another when one letter in particular caught her attention. Pokken Academy; she didn't remember applying to a place with that name. Her curiousity piqued, she slid her finger beneath the flap of the envelope and read over the letter contained within.

They called her a genius trainer. The pokemon in the video with her showed a spirit and discipline that they claimed was extraordinary. They insisted that her bond was special somehow, that she was a trainer meant to change the world. Haven shrugged. Vulpix was just a diva; she didn't know what these people were going on about. But...they did make a tempting offer. A campus full of pokemon to study? To interact with? To doll up with all the outfits and hair styles that constantly bounced around in her head? Haven smiled. The pokemon at Pokken Academy would be her new canvas.

Best Experience With Pokemon: It was obvious that Vulpix was going to be a handful when she first laid eyes on him. He had taken to pulling her laundry off the clothesline every time she hung her clothes out to dry, building a nest to sleep in out of the bundle it collected. Haven would always wait for him to have his nap before going outside to collect her things but the little fox draped in jeans and t-shirts forever put the idea of clothing for pokemon in her head. Eventually, she started leaving him treats to wake up to; strawberries were his favorite. Before long, he skipped the clothesline and went straight to the source, pawing at the back door of Haven's home until she came out to meet him face to face. He's followed her ever since.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Months after stumbling into her life, Faun was uncharacteristicly absent one night. He had started pushing the door to her room open at night and sleeping in the space beneath her bed but that night as Haven leaned out of her bed to check on him, she was startled to find him missing. She spent most of the night searching her home for him, checking all the little nooks and crannies he favored. Nothing. It was only through sheer exhaustion that Haven was able to get any sleep that night. Faun would turn up in the morning. She just knew he would.

He didn't. Now Haven was officially worried. Grabbing her jacket and a pocket full of his favorite snacks, Haven ran off into the woods to find her best friend. Any other time and finding a specific pokemon in a forest would have been like looking for a needle in a haystack, but something kept pushing Haven. She was going to find him; she had to. Then she heard it, a weak cry that made her heart sink into her stomach. "Faun!"

He was roughed up pretty badly but made a full recovery after a time. Haven fussed over him the entire time, pampering the Vulpix with a bed made of pillows and all the berries his little heart could ever hope for. One thing was for sure: she never wanted to see him like that again.

Other: The Vulpix is nicknamed Faun, mostly because he's from the forest, he's mischievous, and he's fond of music. He's also the recipient of all of her 'experiments'. The tuft of hair on Faun's head has been through more dyes, cuts, curls, and styles than even her own hair. More often than not, he'll also be sporting some accessory or another, usually a collar or hat of some kind.

Haven is less of a trainer and more of a friend that also happens to feed him things. Her Vulpix isn't much of a fighter as far as she can tell, and even if he was, she doubts he would listen to her. 'Listening to Haven' tends to be pretty low on his list of priorities, typically to Haven's frustration. Since she's never actually caught Vulpix, he doesn't have a poke ball and usually just hitches rides in her backpack.

ZephySempai

Holy crap people are actually making characters xD

@

I do believe I can accept Arron as a good fit for the game. I like the determined personality he brings to the table and the road to self-discovery he's on (Main characterish traits, much?). I also like how he's probably got a badass scar from that Scyther attack as well as a badge under his belt. Will be interesting to see him in action. And coincidentally he happens to have beef with Team Rocket who just so happened to raise our next prospect!

@Diesel Heart

I was  honestly wondering if somebody was going to make a member of one of the villain gangs. Even though Vernon isn't necessarily apart of the gang, close enough :D Still, given his backstory, I'd really love to see if his family ever tracks him down to the academy and finds him. That, or maybe a random attack leads to them discovering... bah! Don't listen to me.

Both characters are accepted! Let's have a great time together!

And then there's Haven..., lol JKing
@Divine

She seems like more of a handful than her Pokemon. Then again, who knows. Good job nailing the acceptance letter, by the way. More or less would have been the same were I to write it and I like how it incorporates her history into. My only comment is in the Worst Experience section of the sheet. The section is less about measuring her skill/experience as a trainer and more about a traumatic or troubling time she's faced caused by Pokemon, like a battle gone wrong or a Pokemon scaring the bejesus out of her/Faun. If you could clarify that a bit for me, I'll have absolutely no problem accepting her! Moar Femme Fatales!

Relikai

I'm interested! Although most of my Poke-Experience came from Gen 1 >_<

Would a Dratini be acceptable as a base pokemon?

ZephySempai

@Relikai

To be honest, same here :D There is a small group of Pokemon I freaking adore outside Gen 1, but that's ultimately where my heart and soul lies, so I can connect with you there, lol. I don't have a problem with you using a Dratini as a starter. Though rare, I don't think they've made Legendary status. You have my omnipotent stamp of approval. I pray you don't abuse the opportunity ^_^

Batman4560

Zeph, as far as your question about the points, I like the idea but why not make getting those events of some sort. Like if a trainer manages to go into that temple that has a lot of strong pokemon and retrieve an item or something, their dorm gets a point?

EndofDivine

Quote from: ZephySempai on April 11, 2017, 09:28:40 PM
@Divine

She seems like more of a handful than her Pokemon. Then again, who knows. Good job nailing the acceptance letter, by the way. More or less would have been the same were I to write it and I like how it incorporates her history into. My only comment is in the Worst Experience section of the sheet. The section is less about measuring her skill/experience as a trainer and more about a traumatic or troubling time she's faced caused by Pokemon, like a battle gone wrong or a Pokemon scaring the bejesus out of her/Faun. If you could clarify that a bit for me, I'll have absolutely no problem accepting her! Moar Femme Fatales!

Hmm. I didn't really imagine the two of them being an adventuring duo so they don't really have experience battling and stuff like that so I went for problems that were more personal. Would Faun not coming home one night work? Haven gets worried sick, runs out into the forest to find him the next morning and is finally able to make out a few subdued whimpers that leads her to him. He's beaten up pretty badly, apparently by another pokemon, and she ends up carrying him into to town. A little more reason for her to baby him so much and might explain why she never battles with him.

Diesel Heart

When it comes to acquiring more Pokemon, how are you planning to distribute those?  I can say with certainty that Vernon will only have a tiny handful of Pokemon to use.  Any that he catches as part of a test for academics will be released.  I can give you the list of those handful below but, are you going to give us a list to choose from during those moments or are we given liberty to catch whatever within certain parameters?

Preferred Pokemon for Vernon

Absol -> Mega Absol
Mawile
Ekans -> Arbok
Cubone - Marowak

Also, *clings to my Team Rocket snapback*  #TeamR4Life

ZephySempai

Quote from: EndofDivine on April 11, 2017, 09:50:40 PM
Hmm. I didn't really imagine the two of them being an adventuring duo so they don't really have experience battling and stuff like that so I went for problems that were more personal. Would Faun not coming home one night work? Haven gets worried sick, runs out into the forest to find him the next morning and is finally able to make out a few subdued whimpers that leads her to him. He's beaten up pretty badly, apparently by another pokemon, and she ends up carrying him into to town. A little more reason for her to baby him so much and might explain why she never battles with him.

I actually like that idea. Gives a bit more depth to the bond she shares with Faun and why he'd stick around (other than free strawberries lol). It could also factor in as to why she doesn't like battling. Maybe she has a fear of Faun getting hurt again? However you like to spin it, I approve. Once that section of your sheet is edited, you will receive a Badge of Approval :D

Quote from: Diesel Heart on April 11, 2017, 09:54:45 PM
When it comes to acquiring more Pokemon, how are you planning to distribute those?  I can say with certainty that Vernon will only have a tiny handful of Pokemon to use.  Any that he catches as part of a test for academics will be released.  I can give you the list of those handful below but, are you going to give us a list to choose from during those moments or are we given liberty to catch whatever within certain parameters?

Preferred Pokemon for Vernon

Absol -> Mega Absol
Mawile
Ekans -> Arbok
Cubone - Marowak

Also, *clings to my Team Rocket snapback*  #TeamR4Life

I was still sort of playing around with that idea, actually; making it more of a Scavenger-Hunt for Pokemon or assigning Personalized events for each of you. I'm sort of leaning more towards the Personalized events (PM me a list or particular Pokemon you want and we plot out how to make it happen, then make it happen.) But I'm all for the freeform, "Oh, we're in the forest. I spy a Treeko! *Chucks balls*" as well... I think a sensible mix of both might we good! If there's any particular Pokemon anyone wants, feel free to PM and Plot with me. Otherwise, we'll leave it up to Event chance and see who catches what 1st, lol.

Hmm... after that sentence I can just imagine a group of you all tryna catch the same thing at the same time lol. We'll see how it goes. As for now, if there's anything you guys/gals wanna catch personally, PM me or post it up if you feel comfortable and we'll make some magic happen :D

@Bekah &

Thanks for your input. You both seem to agree with my train of thought on the matter. I think for now I will go with points being acquired through Special Events & Assignments. When I build the Information Thread I'll post the House Leaderboards & Points there :) I think that sounds like a plan.

pdragon

Name: Hana Luka

Sexual Preference: Pansexual

Personality: Hana is what some would refer to as a..."troubled youth". Growing up in a bandit team during her formative years instilled a deep sense of rebellion and ruthlessness in her that has carried well into her newly found adulthood. While she has mellowed out considerably from her time as a member of team Skull, becoming a more calm and down to earth person over time, deep down she still has that same aggression, devil may care attitude, and "unique" charisma her gang was infamous for, and it only takes a bit of prodding to draw it out. While she does make an effort to be friendlier and more considerate to others, it's filtered through a crass and eccentric persona that can be rather off putting to some. However for all her faults she is a naturally gifted trainer and battler, even if she does take a more "opportunistic" approach to things.

Home Town: Paniola Town

Starter Pokemon: Pancham "JoJo"

Background: Originally born a simple ranch girl in Paniola Town, Hana had never really been destined for anything particularly great. Despite working with pokemon on her family's ranch for most of her life, she never really had any interest in becoming a trainer herself, or a breeder, or a researcher or...anything really. Her's was a childhood spent without ambition. And it wasn't until she first saw the signature black and white outfits of Team Skull making their way through town that she felt her first true spark of motivation. Everything about them, from the way they dressed, to the way they talked, to the way they all treated each other with such sibling-like camaraderie...for a small town girl like her it was all so impossibly cool. It made her realize just how boring and miserable her life on the ranch really was, and it didn't take her long to decide to run away from home and join up.

As far as Hana's concerned, this was where her life truly began, as well as where she started her journey as a pokemon trainer. Her first pokemon was one she didn't even catch, and unlike some trainers she wasn't gifted it by a family member or an eccentric professor. No, her first companion, her beloved Pancham, had actually be stolen from another trainer by Team Skull, and given to her to use as part of her grunt training. Originally she didn't care for him much, she didn't even bother to give him a name. She had never wanted to be a pokemon trainer, and as far as she was concerned she wasn't, she was a member of Team Skull, and hauling around a little monster of her own was just a chore that came with being part of the club. Of course with this attitude they didn't fare very well as a team, neither one really wanting anything to do with each other, and the two lost nearly every battle they found themselves in (as all good grunts do). Hana didn't care though, she was still having the time of her life, living free with the coolest people on the entire planet, her own family of people who truly understood her.

Ofcourse that all came crashing down when Team Skull was suddenly disbanded, all of it's members made to go their separate ways and find their own path. Hana took it harder than most, and eventually resigned herself to go back to the ranch and just coast through the rest of her miserable existence. As the final act of giving up her old Team Skull identity she released Pancham, no longer having any need for him, figuring he'd be happier finally being rid of her. However, to her surprise, Pancham didn't leave her side, he refused to. They had fought, bickered, and struggled the entire way through their journey and lost every battle along the way...but they had done it together, and in the process had oddly enough forged a bond that was as strong as it was dysfunctional. The weirdest part was that Hana hadn't even realized it until she saw Pancham defiantly standing at her side, refusing to leave no matter how much she shouted at him to scram off. It truly touched her, in a way she had never felt before...and it was there that she realized what her purpose really was.

After that she and Pancham, freshly named to JoJo, decided together that they would set off on a journey to become the strongest team imaginable. Forged in the fires of failure they would rise like a great phoenix and blossom into the most god-like battlers the world had ever seen! And surprisingly enough...they weren't actually that bad. When the two were fully motivated and on the same page they proved to be a highly effective unit, Hana showing great intuition and untapped talent when it came to battling, and JoJo showing incredible strength with the newfound confidence granted by his trainer. They were so good in fact that they managed to win a local beginner's tournament for a scholarship to Pokken Academy, winning themselves a full free ride through the illustrious academy. While Hana may not know all that much about research or technical stuff when it comes to pokemon, she knows that attending the school will only make her and JoJo stronger, so just as with Team Skull she shipped off to the academy without a second thought, no looking back!

Best Experience With Pokemon: Winning her first proper battle competition with JoJo

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Constantly getting her butt kicked as part of team Skull (even though team Skull still rules!)

Other: Believes herself to have an "artistic soul" and is prone to coming up with poems, raps, and "deep" soliloquies at random on the spot.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

la dame en noir

*wants to make a quick sheet and then notices that 90% of the girls are straight lol*
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

pdragon

Quote from: la dame en noir on April 11, 2017, 11:07:06 PM
*wants to make a quick sheet and then notices that 90% of the girls are straight lol*
Actually the current ratio would be 66.6% to be accurate.  :P

Request Thread

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

lejosh

I would be interested in getting in on this if there are still spots open. I've always been interested in Pokemon RP's and so I would like to try anything to do with them. I'm considering a trainer that is training to be a breeder and a researcher

ZephySempai

I see now that I completely underestimated how popular a Pokemon RP would be lol No worries, though. The more the merrier. Now from top to bottom...:

Quote from: pdragon on April 11, 2017, 11:04:10 PM

Name: Hana Luka

Sexual Preference: Pansexual

Personality: Hana is what some would refer to as a..."troubled youth". Growing up in a bandit team during her formative years instilled a deep sense of rebellion and ruthlessness in her that has carried well into her newly found adulthood. While she has mellowed out considerably from her time as a member of team Skull, becoming a more calm and down to earth person over time, deep down she still has that same aggression, devil may care attitude, and "unique" charisma her gang was infamous for, and it only takes a bit of prodding to draw it out. While she does make an effort to be friendlier and more considerate to others, it's filtered through a crass and eccentric persona that can be rather off putting to some. However for all her faults she is a naturally gifted trainer and battler, even if she does take a more "opportunistic" approach to things.

Home Town: Paniola Town

Starter Pokemon: Pancham "JoJo"

Background: Originally born a simple ranch girl in Paniola Town, Hana had never really been destined for anything particularly great. Despite working with pokemon on her family's ranch for most of her life, she never really had any interest in becoming a trainer herself, or a breeder, or a researcher or...anything really. Her's was a childhood spent without ambition. And it wasn't until she first saw the signature black and white outfits of Team Skull making their way through town that she felt her first true spark of motivation. Everything about them, from the way they dressed, to the way they talked, to the way they all treated each other with such sibling-like camaraderie...for a small town girl like her it was all so impossibly cool. It made her realize just how boring and miserable her life on the ranch really was, and it didn't take her long to decide to run away from home and join up.

As far as Hana's concerned, this was where her life truly began, as well as where she started her journey as a pokemon trainer. Her first pokemon was one she didn't even catch, and unlike some trainers she wasn't gifted it by a family member or an eccentric professor. No, her first companion, her beloved Pancham, had actually be stolen from another trainer by Team Skull, and given to her to use as part of her grunt training. Originally she didn't care for him much, she didn't even bother to give him a name. She had never wanted to be a pokemon trainer, and as far as she was concerned she wasn't, she was a member of Team Skull, and hauling around a little monster of her own was just a chore that came with being part of the club. Of course with this attitude they didn't fare very well as a team, neither one really wanting anything to do with each other, and the two lost nearly every battle they found themselves in (as all good grunts do). Hana didn't care though, she was still having the time of her life, living free with the coolest people on the entire planet, her own family of people who truly understood her.

Ofcourse that all came crashing down when Team Skull was suddenly disbanded, all of it's members made to go their separate ways and find their own path. Hana took it harder than most, and eventually resigned herself to go back to the ranch and just coast through the rest of her miserable existence. As the final act of giving up her old Team Skull identity she released Pancham, no longer having any need for him, figuring he'd be happier finally being rid of her. However, to her surprise, Pancham didn't leave her side, he refused to. They had fought, bickered, and struggled the entire way through their journey and lost every battle along the way...but they had done it together, and in the process had oddly enough forged a bond that was as strong as it was dysfunctional. The weirdest part was that Hana hadn't even realized it until she saw Pancham defiantly standing at her side, refusing to leave no matter how much she shouted at him to scram off. It truly touched her, in a way she had never felt before...and it was there that she realized what her purpose really was.

After that she and Pancham, freshly named to JoJo, decided together that they would set off on a journey to become the strongest team imaginable. Forged in the fires of failure they would rise like a great phoenix and blossom into the most god-like battlers the world had ever seen! And surprisingly enough...they weren't actually that bad. When the two were fully motivated and on the same page they proved to be a highly effective unit, Hana showing great intuition and untapped talent when it came to battling, and JoJo showing incredible strength with the newfound confidence granted by his trainer. They were so good in fact that they managed to win a local beginner's tournament for a scholarship to Pokken Academy, winning themselves a full free ride through the illustrious academy. While Hana may not know all that much about research or technical stuff when it comes to pokemon, she knows that attending the school will only make her and JoJo stronger, so just as with Team Skull she shipped off to the academy without a second thought, no looking back!

Best Experience With Pokemon: Winning her first proper battle competition with JoJo

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Constantly getting her butt kicked as part of team Skull (even though team Skull still rules!)

Other: Believes herself to have an "artistic soul" and is prone to coming up with poems, raps, and "deep" soliloquies at random on the spot.

Get on in here, Gangsta!*Sniff* that was such a touching and heartwarming story it made me wanna cry! I'm sure they'll be one of the best! (If they can get over fighting with one-another 1st). But be careful, we got a lot of tough cookies in the academy already. I hope Hana n JoJo can take a punch >:)

Quote from: la dame en noir on April 11, 2017, 11:07:06 PM

Looks like you n dragon are definitely the minority right now, lol. No worries though, I'm leaving this open for awhile so I'm sure someone who fits your tastes will appear. I definitely encourage you to still participate. You might wind up turning someone out, lol!

Quote from: lejosh on April 12, 2017, 12:18:49 AM
I would be interested in getting in on this if there are still spots open. I've always been interested in Pokemon RP's and so I would like to try anything to do with them. I'm considering a trainer that is training to be a breeder and a researcher

Yes, we are definitely still open! I don't think we have a researcher/breeder yet, so that'd be pretty unique. Go ahead and throw your hat in the ring :) I'm always happy to see new Pokken Students!

------------------

I'll be brainstorming and working on the IC Threads today while at work.

I'm thinking NC Exotic Freeform for Pokken's Location. I'll be active through my phone and'll get back to work on this once I return :D Thanks everyone for the interest and keep the characters coming!

EndofDivine

Edited my sheet to include the time her pokemon went missing. I moved the little bit I had there into the notes section because I couldn't bring myself to delete it. Hopefully I've earned my badge of approval now. Just 7 more and I can take on the elite four.

JoanieSappho

You had me at Pokemon. However, I've currently only got an hour or two left on rather unstable wifi until I get home tomorrow. If that delay isn't an issue, though, I'll be throwing in a farm girl.

Also, couple questions; They're not on the map, but i'm assuming pretty much all canon regions/pokemon are out there, like the Kalos and Alola regions (and the Alolan regional variants?)
And, what rating will this game be under? Human-only or, to be kinda blunt, is lewding the pokemon allowed? :P

EDIT: Actually, scratch the farm girl. Had a sudden and better idea. I shall be a budding young pokemon researcher! With just a touch of mad scientist, because that is the best science.

pdragon

Quote from: JoanieSappho on April 12, 2017, 09:42:10 AM

I just imagine everyone as their character sitting in class as you slowly raise your hand "Ummm, sir can we-"
"No you can not bang your pokemon!"
slowly lowers hand "oh..."

:P

Though that does raise an interesting question. What would be the limitations on poke-beastiality? Would it be illegal? Would it depend on the type of pokemon? What about humanoid pokemon who are capable of talking? There are plenty of psychic types who are considered smarter than humans, so wouldn't that make them capable of consent? How do you govern plant pokemon? After all there's nothing illegal about masturbating with a cucumber, is an Oddish technically any different?

Request Thread

Diesel Heart

Quote from: JoanieSappho on April 12, 2017, 09:42:10 AM
You had me at Pokemon. However, I've currently only got an hour or two left on rather unstable wifi until I get home tomorrow. If that delay isn't an issue, though, I'll be throwing in a farm girl.

Also, couple questions; They're not on the map, but i'm assuming pretty much all canon regions/pokemon are out there, like the Kalos and Alola regions (and the Alolan regional variants?)
And, what rating will this game be under? Human-only or, to be kinda blunt, is lewding the pokemon allowed? :P

EDIT: Actually, scratch the farm girl. Had a sudden and better idea. I shall be a budding young pokemon researcher! With just a touch of mad scientist, because that is the best science.

Vernon and your character will have things in common then.

JoanieSappho

Quote from: pdragon on April 12, 2017, 09:55:41 AM
I just imagine everyone as their character sitting in class as you slowly raise your hand "Ummm, sir can we-"
"No you can not bang your pokemon!"
slowly lowers hand "oh..."

:P

Though that does raise an interesting question. What would be the limitations on poke-beastiality? Would it be illegal? Would it depend on the type of pokemon? What about humanoid pokemon who are capable of talking? There are plenty of psychic types who are considered smarter than humans, so wouldn't that make them capable of consent? How do you govern plant pokemon? After all there's nothing illegal about masturbating with a cucumber, is an Oddish technically any different?

These are the questions that science not only could but, in fact, SHOULD explore!
Just like my character's mother technically abandoned her daughter to be mostly raised by her pokemon purely to see what would happen, mine shall push forwards the understanding of just how closely humanity and pokemon are, were and could be! No matter how wrong some say this may be, she shall persevere! SHE WILL FIND THE TRUTH!

Non-lewdly if that's not a thing that'll be happening in this game, of course.

Snake

Name: Kenji
Sexual Preference: Straight
Appearance:   Kenji stands approximently 5'10" and weighs around 158lbs with an athletic build and moderate musculature.  Kenji regularly exercises and engages in physical actitives and it shows; but he never appears to be bulky no matter how much muscle he has. He has waist length scarlet red hair that is usually spiked and swept back into a rough, low ponytail. His eyes are a bright cobalt blue with a slender ring of pale blue in the middle of the iris.

When he utilizes his odd gifts and powers, this thin ring expands to fill the entirety of the iris and his pupils become slitted and begin to slow faintly, his hair breaks free of it's tie and gains a wild-mane-like appearance

Personality:   Kenji is exceptionally intelligent, he's not a genius but is fairly close; while he's not overly book-smart he's very "street smart" and has exceptional intuition.  He's no socialite and prefers to avoid large-crowds or high-class people; though he is attracted to the women.  He generally has what one may consider a "normal" personality, but he's prone to being hot-headed and eager for a fight when the adrenaline gets pounding.

Home Town: Saffron City
Starter Pokemon: Ponyta
Background: Kenji was born in Saffron City, but his parents had been pokemon researchers; doing all sorts of experimentation with pokemon and were particularly keen on genetics.  So, before Kenji was born, his father took a sample of his personal Rapidash's DNA and infused several "doses" of it into his unborn son via the umblical cord.  It was the final test of their research into disease resistance and environmental protection.
Kenji was born healthy but as he grew up he began to display physical traits of a ponyta. Such as seemingly untameable hair and a habit of running about.  However, his parents loved him ilke parents should and were wonderful to him.

When he was about 10 years old, an unexpected mutation began to show itself. The pokemon DNA unlocked the hidden potential in the human mind. Kenji began to have terrible headaches, he was hearing the thoughts and feeling the emotions of everyone around him.  This psychic stress caused the first outbreak of the fire-type nature the Rapidash's DNA had infused himto him and in a city square; he became that epicenter of a growing fire tornado.
To him, the flames were comforting; they were drowning out the hundreds of voices around him.  It took a Blastoise to finally hose down the tornado and snuff the flames; as Kenji's young mind kept trying to re-ignite the embers.  However, the outburst of psychic power had drawn the attention of the local Gym Leader Sabrina; whom went to see where it was coming from.

She helped calm the psychic chaos he was experiencing and gently explained to him what was going on.  Her being the only psychic experienced enough to help instruct the newly blossomed psion.  When his parents got involved, they put him into Sabrina's direct care until he matured enough to contain those explosive powers. Kenji didn't live with her of course, but he was at the gym everyday for hours at a time; and through that came to understand the lifestyle of a pokemon trainer.

Eventually Kenji matured enough to contain his psychic and fire-type abilities to the point he was able to use them at his own will and not experience anymore destructive outbursts.  The psychic feedback that'd triggered  the pyrokinesis had stopped as well through the rigorous mental training Sabrina put him through to refine that control.

He would eventually apply to and be accepted into the Pokken Academy to get a more broad education.

Best Experience With Pokemon: When he was 12 years old, his parents had taken him to a pokeranch outside of the city for a weekend. As a get away from the stresses of the city and possible collateral damage.  It was there that he got to ride a Rapidash for the first time and the feeling of the warm air rushing past him along with jolting ride was the best experience of his life.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Being hosed down by an annoyed Blastoise.

Other: As mentioned before: Kenji is powerfully Psychic. He can read minds, move objects with his mind; and has the ability to create and manipulate fire via pyrokinesis.  This fire-nature also gives him a near immunity to that element, but he doesn't particularly like water that much.

A side effect of having the poke-mutated DNA is that, in combination with his telepathic ability; he can actually directly understand what pokemon say. He doesn't hear them when they just say "what they are". he hears what they're saying as his mind automatically translates it.

ZephySempai

A lot to respond to and it took pretty much my entire break to read it all :) I've got a lot of things to respond to and a few more things to work on as well. If all things work out, I'll have some content up by tomorrow and we can start.

To everyone whose just joined welcome and we're glad to have you. If you guys need to reach me about anything in particular font hesitate to PM me. I usually check every hour for new messages.

I'm excited to get home and get everyone updated on the next steps. Super excited to get started, but I don't wanna rush. I'll do my best to be organized and present the information in a way where everyone can capitalize on what the game has to offer.

Thanks for the patience and I'll be back on soon! Keep the convo and discussions going. Also, start plotti g with each other. We've got a lot of similar characters and even super different characters. I'd love to see what you all come up with.

-Zephy

Batman4560

I'd love to get a friendly rivalry going with the former Rocket/Skull members respectively if you two are cool with that?