Nightmare Circus: OOC [EX] Still Looking For People

Started by iroleplayyaoi, July 19, 2010, 08:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Deception

Keeping your idea, why not just have them either kill the Demon Lord or escape the circus. Maybe when all the nightmare freaks escape the Circus, they wind up taking over the town and cities because they are no longer being bound to one place. That sounds like it could lead to a chapter two of the RP, where there are freak hunters or Human resistance members. A cult could have got their hands on the Big Top and use it to transform their members into monsters. But yeah, there's my two-cents.

Edit: To pen and abby, my character was leaving the Mirror Maze (thus him going towards the entrance from which they came), and I was saying in my post if your characters chose to remain then they would find all that stuff as they went, but it's all right. On my next post, I'm going to assume they just continued through the Maze since that's what you both seemed to be writing amongst your dialog.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

iroleplayyaoi

I really like that idea and it would be call for more character ideas too. =)

I think that having him live would add to another act and just escaping the circus.

So we have Act One, Act Two and Act Three and possible Act Four with the Demon Lord finding them.

Black Orchid

Sorry to have you spill the beans so early ;D, but yes, that really help a lot, my interest has skyrocketed, I'll be jumping in this pretty soon, I can now form a story around it. Though I might be slow on the updates, I'll be able to frequently post once my character is built, please save a spot for me :-).
Such a lovely garden of Orchids; just be wary of the black ones...
O&O of a Flower

When to Bloom and When to Wilt.

iroleplayyaoi

Bean spiller....Lol. xD

Of course...as you can see...not many people have been joining, but maybe it I put the next acts up it would internet more people too.

I feel like I need to update the starting post here...again. xD

Dark Deception

Well, I notice that usually people don't join too fast because they're already swamped in stories. That has always been the case when I try to start things too. Slow to acquire people.

I'm almost finished with this post I've been writing up for the Mirror Maze players. It reminds me of some horror movie lol how this is going.

iroleplayyaoi

I can't wait to see what you have next! It was so like a clown to be funny, but he sure is creepy too. xD

I'm just not see how to add in Jack yet...I'm sure I'll think of something.

Dark Deception

Meh, I'm actually going to take longer because people decide to talk to me at the end of it. -_-

pendarious

*grinning* i absolutely adore the new direction of the plot. to be honest i would have enjoyed playing out the characters deaths for the sake of the plot but now that we have this continuity nod i'm willing to carry on *laughs*
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Ironwolf85

is this still open?
I might have a character.
I've talked to a few other nerds, and one of the guys had a nasty digital nightmare.
it soulc be somthing worth trying
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Dark Deception

Looks like we're ready for the Big Top :p. I don't have much else to post unless I wanted to pass the time. I'm feeling tired so I'm crashin' for the rest of the night.

Black Orchid

Okay, this one is going to get real ironic (for me rather) DX

Name: Willow (Wiggly)

Race: Black Willow Spider.

Visitor or circus performer: Circus performer; contortionist, aerial silk.

Appearance: Willow has short choppy red hair that's A-symmetrically cut, dark skin with red like floral, web tattoos; her eyes are a piercing yellow. Willow stands at five feet two, with slightly longer than normal arms and legs, her limbs are thin compared to her petite body; it makes her figure look more buxom than it really is.

Sexual preference: Males

Personality: Quite, extremely so, she doesn't like to talk to people, unless directly spoken to, and the only time you'd hear a full complete sentence is if she's talking to her spiders, or you've pissed her off good. Willow loves her spiders, and handle them with the up most care, her loyalty for them is so strong and strange at times to where it seems they control her, as if she worshiped them, fear them.

Willow can not climb walls, though her skin is sleek and smooth like that of a spider's shell. She does not have chelicerae, though her teeth are very sharp, and she does not spin web, she doesn't know how, nor does she have the ability to do so, and, quite frankly, she doesn't think that joke is all that funny. Though, Willow is strangely lighter than humanly possible, at fifty pounds, she is still able to lift double her body weight, not that she is that strong, but compared to her own size, it's pretty admirable.

Willow's spiders hide everywhere, either with her, being in her hair or clothes, or around the whole circus; some could even be found a small ways outside the big top.

History: Willow Featherbird can't remember her past at all, she do, however, remembers being trap in a small, dark box like area, filled with insects that ranged from coleoptera, to her most loathed, arachnids, she had remembered always hating spiders, or more so, fearing them. Her mind seemed to have shattered as all she could focus on was the spiders jitter over her skin. Even though she couldn't see them, with the box being completely pitch black, she could feel them, and easily tell which legs were that of a spider. With this memory, she still doesn't know how she became tolerant with spiders, and doesn't too much mind as she had placed herself as the mistress black widow spider, harboring and protecting hoards of random male spiders.

Willow has been at the circus for a while, she doesn't know how long 'a while' have been, but from what she can remember, she had spent one 'birthday' there, being that of a nineteen year old. Willow is the circus contortionist, bending and flexing her limbs in ways that makes people cringe, her main act is aerial silk, where she can show off her contortions between silvery netted linens that resembles web. Her spiders do join her in this act, crawling along the faux web, though people hardly believe they're real, thinking they're just little decorations.
O&O of a Flower

iroleplayyaoi

That's really a creative character you have there and works great with the show too. That's good that you're character is straight and a girl too, since there is only 1 other straight girl.

Welcome to the roleplay. =)

iroleplayyaoi

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on July 24, 2010, 09:44:27 PM
is this still open?
I might have a character.
I've talked to a few other nerds, and one of the guys had a nasty digital nightmare.
it soulc be somthing worth trying

Yes. We're still looking for more people. I almost didn't see you there. xD

Travaius

Wasn't aware this had started. Damn I should pay more attention
Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

Black Orchid

Thanks, it'll be very ironic because I completely loath spiders, they terrify me to death.
O&O of a Flower

iroleplayyaoi

I'm allergic to them, if one bites me I look like a balloon. xD

It's ironic for my to play a snake character, because I'm kind of afraid of snakes...at least the huge one's...I like gardener snakes.

Dark Deception

Today was the most quiet day. I was able to play an MMO all day without getting a RP alert once lol. I felt like posting in the camp grounds like my char was warming up or getting ready for the show, but I haven't decided yet.  :-\

Ironwolf85

Quote from: iroleplayyaoi on July 25, 2010, 11:31:11 AM
Yes. We're still looking for more people. I almost didn't see you there. xD
ahhh well... the idea of some kind is still forming.
maybe somthing that one does not assoiate with the weak digital nerd who the monster started as...
hmmmm...
the idea of a muscular digital demon thing, kinda faceless with only a pair of yellow eyes, blue skin with an inlaid gold circutboard pattern....
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Crovonovin

Figure I'll toss my hat into the ring, at least tentatively.  If there are any questions or concerns, or if either character just doesn't seem to quite fit, let me know!

...And I promise I'm not usually so sadistically-minded!

Name: Baron Scratch
Race: Human (So he claims)
Circus Performer: Caretaker of The Zone
Sexual Preference: Pansexual
Personality:

The Baron (who is most certainly not a baron nor any other sort of respectable individual) is a creature of conflict, both internal and external.  His is a personality that is constantly in flux and has no sort of consistency; from moment to moment he can be a sexually depraved madman; an aristocratic gentleman with a distaste for physical contact; a bombastic showman with a flair for theatrics; a wily tempter filled with all sorts of wild promises and dangerous bargains; or a shrewd and serious businessman with sleeves filled with iron-clad contracts.  There is no rhyme or reason to these sudden shifts, though it seems he will adopt whatever personality is best suited for getting under the skin of whatever individuals are in his presence.

History:

Scratch is a man without a history, for whatever sordid anecdotes slip past his feverish lips are surely nothing more than fabrications.  Sometimes he is an orphan, other times he enjoyed a comfortable and lavish lifestyle with loving parents, and still other times he was raised by wolves.  He is a high school drop-out, a former professor at a prestigious university, and an unschooled voodoo witch doctor all at once.  He eloped with his childhood sweetheart, has never been married, and participated in a polygamous relationship with three dozen men and women, two horses, and a bull mastiff.  His past is whatever will excite, entertain, disgust, or garner respect and admiration from those he meets.

What is known is that he joined the Nightmare Circus several months ago of his own volition, meeting in private with the Ringmaster with the offer to set up his own exclusive attraction within the park without costing the Circus a single cent.  With the promise of more entertainment and more revenue without any additional costs, how could the man refuse?  Bringing nothing but a sufficiently battered young man and a few heavy suitcases, the Baron soon set to work on his own special little ride.

An abstract reality where anything and everything can (and often does) happen!

For a modest fee of only ten dollars, visitors are fit snugly into comfortable glass spheres and sent down what at first seems like an ordinary track.

But just when their minds begin to wander and wonder if they've been ripped off, they are jettisoned into a world beyond their expectations!  A realm of pulsating lights and throbbing, ephemeral shapes that defy all description and classification!

No two rides are ever the same, though it is a rare soul indeed that is able to enter twice unscathed.  As they are steadily pushed through technicolor veins past glimmering, faerie-filled vistas of taffy-coated flesh and supernova skies, they may soon come to find that their protective little bubble is not holding up quite as well as they were promised.

The unlucky ones plummet out the bottom (or the sides, or even through the roof!), caught in the churning ocean of nonsensical physics and non-Euclidean geometries until they are nothing more than wailing brine and surf.

But others are changed in very different ways.  They may find themselves with another's face, an extra appendage (or two, or three!), or a gender far unlike their own.  Some cease to be human entirely, changing into something less inclined to saunter about on only two legs.  Literally no change is out of the question, even if the question itself is something better left unsaid.

And at the very center, at the ride's end, is the Baron himself.  He stands in an undecorated room lit by candlelight (despite there being no candles in sight), waiting to receive anyone and everyone that has managed to survive to the end of the ride.  And there, in his own private playground, he offers them a choice.  They can remain as they are, despite whatever weird and fantastic changes may have occurred, or they can play a little game in order to have the altercations reversed.  If the former, his guests are allowed to do whatever they please with one another to test out their new shapes.  If the latter...well...anything could happen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Jason Wick
Race: Human
Circus Performer: The Unkillable Boy
Sexual Preference: Homosexual
Personality:
Timid, twitchy, paranoid, and extremely distrustful of just about everyone he comes across.  Considering his role in the Circus, he has very valid reasons to act the way he does.  He talks rarely, and when he does it is with a plodding voice that scratches painfully from lack of use.  This is not the sort of boy that is used to enjoyable company, and he makes no attempts to hide it.  It is rare for Jason to react with violence--and he is scarcely strong enough to put up much of a fight--but on occasion he will do his damnedest to fight back against 'visitors'.

History:

Jason was admitted into the Circus as an extreme sideshow attraction for the wicked and the depraved, dragged in several months back when Baron Scratch came to make his tempting offer.  Their relationship is unknown, but it is quite clear to everyone that it is shockingly abusive and more than a little obscene. 

The young man is generally locked up in his own private box in a rather dark and often neglected part of the Circus, guarded by rather skeevy looking women and the occasional man with shifty eyes and an oddly pleasant smile.  Jason is touted as being supposedly "Unkillable", and the constantly playing video tapes that line his walls seem very intent on driving that point home.  Each one of them depicts a different grisly death or torture, with him as the victim.  Once the murder is finished, the prone body twitches and slowly but surely reverts to its usual state, visibly shaken but otherwise none the worse for wear.  Then the tapes rewind, and the show begins anew. 

Once a customer has been sufficiently convinced that Jason is indeed unable to die, they are allowed to buy a voucher for a modest fee, which allows them twenty minutes alone with the caged man.  They are given whatever objects they need (sexual or otherwise), and locked inside.  The screens are turned off, and the two (or more) are left in solitude.  From that point on, they are allowed to do whatever they wish, no questions asked and no judgments made about their character. 

In spite of all the world's moral scruples, all the teachings and laws that are hammered into the human mind from an early age, and that niggling, nagging thing called a conscious, you would be surprised what a person can do to an innocent when left alone with them for twenty minutes.

abandoneddolly

I was thinking about posting something about finding a seat or something for the circus in the big top, but not sure yet... should I wait.

iroleplayyaoi

I love the profiles Shihong and I'll add The Zone to attraction part of the roleplay. Post any time, but I mind not be able to post much. I need to update the front page again and having some issues right now, but I'll try to post something today. I love that you have a gay character too, maybe I'll actually have someone to pair up with now lol. xD

Abandoneddolly, you can have your character take a seat, but it might be a bit. I still haven't decided when to change the clock and start the circus and now that we have someone new, I want them to have a chance to roleplay before the circus starts.

abandoneddolly

yeah I figured as  much which is why I was holding off doing it for now

Crovonovin

Glad to be a part!

I anyone happens to want to partake in some interaction with my characters (particularly Jason, who is more of a "go to" sort of character), don't hesitate to shoot me a PM and we can work something out. 

While on the subject of Jason, I would like to add that killing him is not something you have to do once you're in his cell.  You can literally do whatever your character wants, from innocuous talking to other, slightly more distasteful things.  Again, PM for any details you might be curious about, related to either character.  Especially since both of them have only been a part of the Circus for a few months, it will be helpful to know how the other members of the Circus relate to Jason and the Baron.

pendarious

hehe hey shihong i havent seen you in a while! hows it going?
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Crovonovin

Pretty good!  Sorry I had to back out of that zombie game awhile back.  I'm hoping to be a bit more stable in the future.