News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on May 15, 2013, 09:55:20 PM
I don't know about you guys, but those four little honor toggles, I try to get at least one per game.  I'm finding that even when I get annoyed, trying for 'Honorable Opponent', makes me try to be positive.  And that actually makes ME feel better about a bad match...

The funny thing is, a lot of those people who actually have ribbons are douche bags.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Chris Brady

Maybe, but you know what?  They don't scream at me, they don't make insults, they are what the badges say they want to get.

If you want to be an 'honorable opponent' for example, they have to pretend to be one.  And frankly, that makes it tolerable.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on May 16, 2013, 12:52:23 AM
Maybe, but you know what?  They don't scream at me, they don't make insults, they are what the badges say they want to get.

If you want to be an 'honorable opponent' for example, they have to pretend to be one.  And frankly, that makes it tolerable.

To get a point from you.  I know people with blue ribbons that are complete scum.  Blue ribbon is for getting all of them.  There is no pretending or anything like that.  They are dicks, their friends give them the points.

Chris Brady

I've been lucky in the ARAMs, they've most been polite.  If they're pissed they say nothing.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Moraline

I gave up on this game. The amount of ludicrous hostility is simply too much to deal with. I really couldn't learn to play under the circumstances and felt no desire to even try.

Just to reminisce a little:

I remember a time when people congratulated each other on a good effort in games and sports - win, lose, draw or even in poor performances.  I remember when people gave helpful friendly pointers to new players. I don't like the new attitude that permeates competitive games and sports.

People used to play because it was fun. Now it's like everyone just wants an excuse to nerd rage.

SinXAzgard21

I think most every online game is like that.  The fact that the internet is anonymous lets people be douche bags.  I'm not saying it is a good thing but it cannot really be stopped.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 16, 2013, 01:38:47 PM
I think most every online game is like that.  The fact that the internet is anonymous lets people be douche bags.  I'm not saying it is a good thing but it cannot really be stopped.

There's a way for it to be mitigated, but it requires strict rules and continuous oversight.  Look at E, for example.  People who are banned are banned for good, and should they try to circumvent that, they're often found out after the fact.  The thing is, games wont go to this length because it's not profitable.  That is really the distinction.

apygoos

toxic players should get their own queues, just saying.
often they spend more time arguing than playing

SinXAzgard21

Mute them, plain and simple.  Play with people you know.  Really those are the two ways to deal with toxic players. 

Panduhmoanium

So, I figured out my problem. I wasn't playing mid... Though the real problem came back when it went from me zoning an Anivia with Lux, getting a double kill off their bot, and 4-5 others off their jungle blitz/aniv... Then top fed their Jax and he started snowballing something awful.

apygoos

SinXAzgard21

I main Kha'Zix and I can say I am happy with his kit still.  Hecarim though losing the extra damage from his ult and the ability to move through units is bad.  Well the units thing more so.  I've been all over the GD today on the league site.  It has been bitching after bitching.  How ever these changes were only up for five minutes before being removed.

apygoos

Jungle
Wolves
Initial spawn time increased to 1:55 from 1:45
Respawn time reduced to 50 seconds from 60
Wraiths
Golems
Ancient Golem
Base Experience granted increased to 275 from 220
Now plays a particle effect to show who the buff transferred to
Lizard Elder
i wants to strangle pro teams for this

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: apygoos on May 17, 2013, 10:20:39 PM
Jungle
Wolves
Wraiths
Golems
Ancient Golem
Lizard Elder
i wants to strangle pro teams for this

For the particle effects or what?  And honestly the game is built around the pro teams.

apygoos

the spawn timers, its going to throw my jungle paths off by ~ 30-40 seconds [depending on champion]

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: apygoos on May 17, 2013, 11:01:05 PM
the spawn timers, its going to throw my jungle paths off by ~ 30-40 seconds [depending on champion]

Every ones jungle times are going to be thrown off.  Just be happy for the slight increase in xp, though more gold would have been nice as well.

Shjade

Quote from: apygoos on May 17, 2013, 11:01:05 PM

You want to strangle pro teams because jungler spawn timers were changed...?

I don't see the connection.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

ofDelusions

Quote from: Shjade on May 18, 2013, 01:07:38 AM
You want to strangle pro teams because jungler spawn timers were changed...?

I don't see the connection.

They were changed because pro teams requested them.

Meh if the xp was changed enough that smiteless + red is enough for level 3 I don't particularly care.

Though Hecarim pretty much not having passive is sad.

Kaedia

I checked the math. Doing smiteless then straight to red will net you (after the change) 550 experience not counting the little guys. Counting the little guys (the two mini-mobs next to them) you get 710. You only need 670 to get level 3. Assuming you share experience on two of the little ones when you do the smiteless with the top laner (if blue) or one person (if purple) you'll come out with exactly 670 from doing blue and red. However if you share experience with two people on the two little ones (you'd have to share on both) you'd only have around 657 which would keep you at two until you clear at least one camp. Ideally you'll still hit three off red/blue.

My view on the change is I absolutely adore it. It's really silly you get an advantage for spawning on one side of the map. Granted in lower elo games few people understand how to do golems and when they do don't seem to understand the advantage it gives. My feathers are a bit ruffled about the last Rumble change though. Still ruffled about the change to hit ultimate too. 
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: ofDelusions on May 18, 2013, 04:43:20 AM
They were changed because pro teams requested them.

Meh if the xp was changed enough that smiteless + red is enough for level 3 I don't particularly care.

Though Hecarim pretty much not having passive is sad.

Most the community will take the ult nerf, but his passive they feel is uncalled for.

apygoos

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 18, 2013, 02:11:36 PM
Most the community will take the ult nerf, but his passive they feel is uncalled for.
they killed reverse support hecarim :( its an overall hecarim nerf on his ulti too, though now that it has a 1:1 AP ratio...were going to see tons more AP hecarims

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: apygoos on May 18, 2013, 04:59:44 PM
they killed reverse support hecarim :( its an overall hecarim nerf on his ulti too, though now that it has a 1:1 AP ratio...were going to see tons more AP hecarims

Well you might be the first to care about it that I've seen.  Most are pissed about the ult.  And also spirit of the elder lizard is taking a small nerf.

Kaedia

So I just discovered like two days ago I have  PBE account... I had completely forgot I signed up for it over a year ago... I haven't got to test out Aatrox yet but I can say I enjoy the Kha changes. He feels like a stronger duelist now but then again I'm not well versed in the live Kha so I can't honestly say. All I know is I like it.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.

apygoos

Stronger duelist*
like we needed any more of that out of kha, whos extreamly strong right now as he sits, let alone his PBE buffs. Aatrox is interesting, but he doesnt feel like my kind of top laner. I'll probably end up picking him up with IP.
on the topic of hecarims passive: more people should be pissed about it than there is. you may not realize it, but his ganks are going to be so muffed now. youll have to be extra picky about how you approach your ganks, cause them minions are gunna get in the way

Kaedia

The big problem with Kha right now is if you evolve W he is more than a duelist. He has insane team poke because of the raw damage on W combined with the Unseen Threat damage. His dueling is good as is I agree but he does too much. With the change they are nerfing his team poke a fair bit mid/late game we are talking upward to a 200 damage nerf to each W since it can't apply Unseen Threat. That damage adds up. He now feels more rewarded for going in on an isolated target and mauling them than he does now. Right now it just feels like "Isolation? What's that?" You just W... W... W... W... jump, kill, jump, leave. He can still do that but it'll take a few more Ws. I'd say his team fight has been hurt but his laning is unchanged if not slightly stronger.

And I absolutely hate the change to Hecarim's passive. He's the only jungler I enjoy playing with any degree. His current passive made sense. He's a frickin' horse man! He can walk over the minions! He's been hit in the head so many times he's forgotten how...
My Status:
Open.