Love and Romance My Thoughts...

Started by Dark Rhain, September 21, 2010, 02:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Rhain

Romance...

What are people willing to do for it..

What trials and tortures are they willing to endure to hang on to it..

To find and fill that one basic need to love and be loved,,,

How does one find that ONE LOVE?

Be it person or a thing or a passion that changes you forever?

How do you know that love is true?

YOU TEST it..

IF it fails the LAST test then it WASNT real love.

Yet if it fails..What do you learn?

DO you learn?

How does it affect your Own perception of yourself?

What SACRIFICES is love worth?

Is ANYTHING else worth holding onto if it costs you TRUE LOVE?

What price are YOU, is ANYONE willling to pay to keep that LOVE?

Is it even Possible?

What happens when the object of your desire doesn't feel as you?

Doesn't want YOU anymore....

Visit your wrath upon me,
Let me feel the sting of your vengence,
Then wrap me protectively in your arms,
and shield me from harm

Pleasure like a fine meal, should be savored.

Hemingway

Frankly, I think Hemingway was right. I mean the other Hemingway. "If two people love each other there can be no happy end to it."

I certainly feel that way right now. I feel a lot like that. I can't help but feel like the love was true, but circumstances made it impossible. How does that factor into things?

Ah, I'm just rambling.

Petrosity

I dunno... To me, romance is a very staged event. The candles, the music, the right words at the right time, good food, cute outfits, the whole thing may or may not be real. Whereas, to me, love is a verb. You say, "I love you." Love is an action verb. It's something you do. It's in the way you express yourself to another unconditionally, without any strings attached. Love is doing the dishes when you really don't want to, because it makes your wifey feel appreciated. Love is staying up to pick up doggy vomit, because that's what needs to be done. Love isn't a passive event. You just don't fall in love. You make plans and attempt to win over the person you want to love on. You work on love by building communication between your other. You enhance your life through involvement. Showing passion and commitment in order to better love on your special someone is what it's all about. Trial and error, for better or for worse, for kicks and giggles--love is real, it's every day, where romance is planned and staged to have the perfect moment.

Now, I'm not anti-romance, but, honestly, romance without love is a free dinner. Doing cute things can enhance your love life, but romance shouldn't be the epitome of one's relationship. It's not a very strong unifier. It's a good starter, but it's shallow.

O/O's Updated 7/31/13 & A'n'A

Dark Rhain

two such Thought ful responses...

Hemingway I DO agree with the quote by the uh..other Hemingway...and I felt throughly miserable when I wrote that...but things are looking better now...so they will for you too..

and Petrosity..yes I agree Romance is planned...but is also sought because it is a heady wild thing..

Love sustains..but Romance gets you high....
Visit your wrath upon me,
Let me feel the sting of your vengence,
Then wrap me protectively in your arms,
and shield me from harm

Pleasure like a fine meal, should be savored.

King_Furby

I think if you truely love someone romance happens by nature of being together. Romance isn't just candles and flowers. too many people give up on love.

Petrosity

My husband told me I was the reason why chivalry is dead. Lol. I do appreciate cute, romantic gestures, but I dunno... I like them to be spontaneous, but they only mean something to me because I adore him. Although, I will gladly take flowers and chocolate from anyone. ^_^
O/O's Updated 7/31/13 & A'n'A