Interest check:D&D: Stolen Virginity

Started by CaptainErotica, September 18, 2006, 06:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lirliel

http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=14416

This is hopefully the last time I'll have to edit her, Glab thank you for helping with the items :)
So tell me what you think of her, I imagine she'll be fairly good as a frontline fighter.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: WarDragon on October 01, 2006, 06:26:46 PM
Just for the record, Conrad is a pretty decent face, too.  Maxed ranks in Diplomacy, Intimidate, Bluff (cross-class) and Seduction, baby.  Not quite as good as Zaer's kitty, though.

Hehe, maxed my seduction too but I have also gather information ranks and sense motive besides ranks in diplomacy (whit high mod in it thnaks many synergy bonuses and class feature bonus) bluff and bit intimidate also. So we both kind of are suited to talk both whit our tongues and blades :P.

Anycase now the AC looks nice in Sonja Liriel :). Also melee potential is nice.

Zaer Darkwail

Very nice picks indeed :). I asume you want to be drow woman spellcaster whit scant little clothing?

Lirliel

I'll see about getting your character up Zahkarra.. but if your gonna be Drow we'll have to take the ECL +2 Rule.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Zaer Darkwail

Yeh, or use LA point off method so she can level up faster but what levels would be question. I think she likely be sorceress but would she aim any PrC (there are some quite good ones).

Lirliel

I don't know how far her other 'creator' is.

Zakharra

Other than some talk about feats, nothing has been done.

RubySlippers

My character is coming along I have selected her feats, spells and special benefits of her classes. I just need gear and to make her some magical equipment an advantage when on can do that herself to a degree.  ;D

Well Magic Arms and Armor and Wonderous Items the most flexible option in the game for the practical wizard.

Zakharra

I don;t know about any PrC's either.

Lirliel

http://www.d20srd.org/

Have you ever checked out this site Zahkarra, it has everything that the 3.5 edition has. Well without the explanation offcourse, but you can see if there's anything there you like PrC wise etc.

Zakharra

I've seen it, or one like it. The feats and PrCs just don't make sense to me. I can't really understand tham and make a character specifically for them.

RubySlippers

What class are you exactly and do you have any idea what kind of character you want to be?

If your planning an arcane practitioner a wizard, sorceror or bard I can help I play them a great deal.

A sorceror is a good option if your new to the game and want to do a wizard sort of character and not be too complicated about it. You might want to do a strict one school sorceror take Spell Focus, Greater Spell Focus, Improved Initiative and Skill Focus (concentration) if you have a fourth feat as in are human. For example if you take Evocation and devote yourself to it think MOBILE WEAPONS PLATFORM add in some protection spells and your good to go. Same for other schools.

With a sorceror the best ones seem to focus on something and do that well dabbling just outside that area with a few practical spells. And there are Sudden feats that let you once a day automatically augment a spell with Maximize and other feats without adjusting the spell level. Example you could toss a Level 10 Fireball and with the Maximize version it would automatically do 60 damage! Those are great for sorcerors if a bit limited. A Wizard prepares spells with metamagic feats so benefits from other options.

My main advice is keep it simple. Regardless of the character even my character is basically a wizard with some benefits and obligations but the PrC is still pretty close to the core class.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, my suggestion lays in sorcerror too. Sorcerrors only main spellcasting (and important) stat is Charisma. But in PHB2 there is variant sorcerror option. You give up your access to familiar in return to able use metamagic feats faster and spontaneously. So you would nto have no need to pick sudden version metamagic feats.

Anycase I advice you consider aim towards Initiate of Sevenfold Veils. It requires you to be able cast 4lvl spells and cast four abjuration spells which one is 4lvl spell. It also asks Spell Focus: Abjuration, Greater Spell Focus: Abjuration and then Skill Focus: Spellcraft. You would get two levels in the class and it gives severall nice benefits, which most grandest is able to raise prismatic spell alike force fields which render you immune certain forms of attacks and also harms anyone passing trough the force field.

But this can go bit complicated class to explain fully so I advice go as full 8lvl sorcerror, take fast metamagic feat version so you can pick metamagic feats like Silent or Still (these two I think are quite important) and then pick two or three metamagic wands to empower your prowess in casting modified spells whitout spell slot increase. Then of course pick wand whit spell what you plan use alot but would not want give up your spells know for it (examply Identify and 9CL magic missile wands are good).

Zakharra

I'm leaning heavily towards sorceress.

RubySlippers

I'm not sure if I'll be playing this game. Fact is 10th level to start a character is a bit higher than I'm comfortable with part of the fun for me is GETTING there like is Zaer's game I'm in now I started at equivalent Character Level 3. If it was Level 5 in this game I think it would be better to start. I'm not saying I'm not playing just am kind of thinking about it.

Plus we have new players to the system Level 10 seems a bit steep for them as well.

CaptainErotica

Quote from: RubySlippers on October 04, 2006, 02:06:33 PM
I'm not sure if I'll be playing this game. Fact is 10th level to start a character is a bit higher than I'm comfortable with part of the fun for me is GETTING there like is Zaer's game I'm in now I started at equivalent Character Level 3. If it was Level 5 in this game I think it would be better to start. I'm not saying I'm not playing just am kind of thinking about it.

Plus we have new players to the system Level 10 seems a bit steep for them as well.

True. My reasoning for the high starting level was due to the fact that I wanted to keep most of the non standard races (orcs, Minotuars, Trolls, and others with high ecl's) available. Also I figure a quest of this magnitude would require fairly seasoned adventurer's to see it through.However, it looks like most of you went with pretty standard characters. As long as everyone else agrees I would gladly lower the starting level to level 5.(cringes at all the boo's, nad WTF I already made my character remarks) Either way works for me.

I should be done with the website this week, so you have soem time to discuss it before Game kick off.

WarDragon

Nooooo!

I honestly do not understand people who don't enjoy high level play.  More power = more fun, IMO.

CaptainErotica

LoL..thats one  NOOOOO!

Score:
Yes 0
NO 1

Zaer Darkwail

Wha?! I cannot be pirate (expect in background and behavior wise but not PrC wise) in 5lvl! I say no also to level reduction :P. Altough I agree that lower level haves it's charms but higher level games have also their own.

Jefepato

NOOOOO!

In my experience, after you've played enough low-level games, it just loses its appeal.  (Plus, my character wouldn't work very well at level 5.)

RubySlippers

I don't want to start a fight but Zaer a Pirate can be done using core classes hell a rogue with the right skills and profession is heck- a pirate. I hate PrC in the main they just stack in an extra layer of difficulty that can be done with some creative use of skills, feats and class selection. Even Mage of the Arcane Order I never really got why that had to be a class just have an ORGANIZATION with special benefits that wizards and sorcerors and bards can join called that. Example have access to the spell pool but being a member costs experience poinst as you must devote time to the organization maybe a 20% penalty to earned xp. Add in some bonuses for social roles and membership like safe houses and access to libraries there you go. Why make it a class?

I don't want to be a spoil sport here I just find it easier to do a character at a lower level less spells and feats to worry about and can work into the game more. Anyway I think its funner ROLE-PLAYING joining a Prestige Class and leave at least a little to have to do and join one. But some for me just seem stupid to have as PrC I get Archmage they are hell ARCHMAGES with some pretty strong powers and are supposed to be taken at HIGH level. Even Assassines seem sily any good (er- evil) rogue with the right skills can kill people. I just think UNLESS a PrC is for high levels as in topping off a career or offers huge differences for the character advantage wise why have them at all?

I played 2nd Edition and even 1st Edition, even for a time the ORIGINAL game that started it all. It seems to me they are starting to give way too many options over the beauty of the game. People aren't ahppy playing a fairly normal race ,I get Aasimar and some others like Drow, but Minotaurs!  And what is wrong with core classes they are well thought out and are powerful with plenty of flexibility if one wants to play a Knight just pick feats, skills and role-play accordingly with a core class. A Pirate a rogue is more likely to be a fine pirate with creative development of the character.

Instead of thinking OH DAMNED I can't be a PrC pirate so can't be one think OK pirates what are pristes like and what class or class combination with what skills will let me get there. Fighter 2/Rogue 3 perhaps? Or a pure Rogue a Pirate with lots of skills and a dash of cunning? Or a Cleric 2/Rogue 3 a pirate that serves a god or goddess and does so with scoundrel tendencies.

As for the level concerns I never said I won't play but a Level 5 character is perfectly fine and if you were talking along NPC lines in the game that is a fairly powerful young character. Some mages that are humans might be in their late middle-ages or older and just be around that.

Jefepato

RS, this game has been "level 10 and all official books allowed" since the very first post.  If that's a problem for you, you really should have said something then, instead of waiting until two weeks later when just about everyone has already made characters.

RubySlippers

Its not a huge deal I just take it kind of offensive when some player think they NEED a prestige class to have a character be something. The core rules are in my opinion more than enough.

As for my character I just am having lots of trouble just doing a Level 10 character its for me alot more work and getting pretty complicated more than I thought it would be. I probably will keep it siimple and drop the PrC from the equation to start and maybe make her a human. As for magic items that will take a bit longer.

But you have to admit there are WAY TOO many books for someone to know all the rules and many like the Unearthed Arcana are supposed to be optional. Just for me the main problem is the options are too much I guess. I hate to be a bother but there is no thread for the game up yet so I figured it was just taking time to get going outside of me. If I was at fault I'm sorry for the delay its just well, complicated. Locally I use the basic rules from the players handbook I don't own any other books and can't afford to waste money on them. In fact I still use the 3.0 rules with only some small changes 3.5 brought such as sorcerors ebing able to trade off spells and bards casting spells wearing armor. I don't mess with them more than that.

So without a HUGE STACK OF BOOKS how can I do a character as good as yours? Even in Zaer's game my character is still basically a Rogue and maybe will take some levels of Wizard later on- maybe. But fundamentally is a core Rogue minus the backstab ability. I have to make do with resources from the internet.

Jefepato

Quote from: RubySlippers on October 05, 2006, 10:15:18 AM
Its not a huge deal I just take it kind of offensive when some player think they NEED a prestige class to have a character be something. The core rules are in my opinion more than enough.

Sometimes they aren't.  A nimble, swashbuckling combatant is going to be lame as a core fighter or a fighter/rogue; he pretty much needs to be a duelist and/or swashbuckler to compete with a standard fighter.  (Which is pretty sad, since the standard fighter is one of the weaker core classes).  A multiclassed caster is usually bad enough with the prestige classes (arcane trickster, eldritch knight, mystic theurge) that make them usable.  There are plenty of concepts that can't be executed with the core classes without kneecapping yourself.

But you have to admit there are WAY TOO many books for someone to know all the rules and many like the Unearthed Arcana are supposed to be optional.

I'll grant that I don't know all the rules, and it can be hard to keep up, but I'm doing pretty well so far.

So without a HUGE STACK OF BOOKS how can I do a character as good as yours?

You already have.  Your character, as a 10th-level wizard equivalent, is certainly more powerful than mine.