Interest check:D&D: Stolen Virginity

Started by CaptainErotica, September 18, 2006, 06:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainErotica

I am glad to see so vmuch interest i only hope that when I do finally get things up and ruuning I do not disapoint. Though I have over ten years GM experience, this wil lbe my first attempt at anything this bizarre.

Zakharra

I stumbled across this thread, and it sounds interesting. I"d need help in making a PC though. I suck at making 3ed  PCs.

Lirliel

Will be avaiable to help ye Zahkarra, ps expect character somewhere on the weekend busy week!
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Jefepato

Robguy, do you have any idea what adjustments (if any) you'll end up making to the new feats and skills?  Some character concepts are pretty intensive on one or both, so it's hard to be sure what I can do right now.

indarkestknight

I'll be willing to help, too, Zakharra.

By the by, Robguy- opinion on the prerequisite feats of the Invisible Blade?

CaptainErotica

At first I was like WTF does a dagger wielder need point blank shot and precise shot for, but then I figurred it out. Remember that Daggers can be used as a ranged weapon. Therefore the feats make sense since you are basically a master of all aspects of fighting with dagger, dirks, stilletos, or any other similar blades. 

As for the Feats/skills:

Still waiting on you guys/gals to provide feedback on whether or not you wouldl ike to see the fertily rules comeinto play. If not then I wil ldrop the Fertile and infertile feats. If we do go with them, I drop the taken at 1st level requirements from btoh feats and have indertile wil lonly take up 1 feat slot.  Wel lendowed will provide a +2 bonus to any sexual related skill as long as the target is obviously aware of your endowment. (Ie your naked, have a raging hard on, they have seen you naked before or have heard about your endowelment, etc) It sort of makes it less favorble to pick up but it makes more sense that way. I could be well endoweled  :-X but would you know that unless..well you get the idea I hope. Feel free to suggest other new feats or ideas.

As for the Gods, I would like to make a few more, and still working on the diffferent domains for them and stuff. I wouldl ove any suggstions on this. The way I see it the more input i recieve from you the potential players the better i can make the experience when it finally begins.

To those who have snet me stuff already, thnak you. It all looks good so far. I stil ldon't have a definate start daye but I'm planning on sometime next week or the week after.

P.S. Yes that is the real me. ;D

RubySlippers

How about a diety of rogues and profit that is Neutral, merchants might worship them for profit and good professional rogues for taking away some of that profit for an uncautious merchant?

Lets see a patron diety of professional sex workers could be useful after all somebody must hire out those services to the less desirable elements or those wanting it might be good again Neutral.

Hell you could combine them all a goddess of Rogues, Prostitution and Wealth would likely be very popular. She could run the banking system or something that would give her ample power. Or him, but a goddess would be more fun.

Jefepato

The gods listed are good, but 4/6 of them (5/6 if you count Herpetis, which I'd rather not) are sex-related, which leaves a lot of traditional stuff uncovered.  Most settings have gods for things like war, rogues/trickery, nature, magic, craftsmanship, justice, and so on.  (Or in Faerun's case, 10+ gods for each!)

I'm in a bit of a hurry right now, but later today I can provide some input on appropriate domain choices.

My vote would be no on the fertility rules, although I can work around them if necessary.  It might be tricky freeing up points for the two skills, though.

As for the Well-Endowed feat, you could replace it with a more generic "Attractive" (providing the same bonuses to Sex and Seduction) and leave the specifics of what makes the character attractive up to the player.  That keeps logic from breaking down without making it a weak feat choice (skill-boosting feats are unpopular enough as it is).

By the way, is it okay if I adapt prestige classes from other settings that don't fit into this one precisely?  I'm vaguely considering the argent fist from Faiths of Eberron.

Zakharra

Fertility, yes! I like those rules. My PC is going to be a fertile woman.

RubySlippers

My character so far I'm calling her Rhatta "the Crooked Rat" Tallos known for her sharp features and rather mishapen body that is amazing fast and packs a fine mind. Also will be dissheveled, have body lice and not have the best hygiene plus is rather plain looking.

3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=14346

Jefepato

RS, have you considered the Arcane Trickster prestige class?  It makes rogue/wizards a lot more viable (and grants the ranged legerdemain ability, which is all kinds of fun).

RubySlippers

Her familiar lets see how about a rat. lol

I definately will take Craft Wonderous Item so she can fashion her own Braciers of Armor at a nice reduced cost and magically imbued spellbooks and the like, she can craft wands right now a useful trick I buy a 1st Level scroll she can make a Wand of Shield cheap enough and do the same for other low level spells.

Likely for the other two feats will take Stealthy and Spell Penetration.

Anyway an arcane trickster can't be lawful and she is- after all a GOODFELLA sort of rogue has a code of honor and all just within the criminal underworld, the secular law is fine as long as she can make her coin.

Jefepato

Quote from: RubySlippers on September 21, 2006, 12:54:45 PM
Anyway an arcane trickster can't be lawful

Crap.  I totally forgot about that.

Anyway, definitely take Practiced Spellcaster instead of Spell Penetration.  In your case, it's much better in just about every way, as long as you're going to have at least 4 ranks in Spellcraft.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Robguy on September 21, 2006, 06:44:43 AM
  At first I was like WTF does a dagger wielder need point blank shot and precise shot for, but then I figurred it out. Remember that Daggers can be used as a ranged weapon. Therefore the feats make sense since you are basically a master of all aspects of fighting with dagger, dirks, stilletos, or any other similar blades.

This was actually a leftover from the original Dragon Magazine version of the invisible blade, which had ten levels and included some ranged attack benefits as well. However, currently, the invisible blade is focused on feinting, which can only be done up-close. Likewise, canny defense is useless without a dagger in hand, and, low and behold, throwing daggers tends to shy away from that.

QuoteAs for the Feats/skills:

Still waiting on you guys/gals to provide feedback on whether or not you wouldl ike to see the fertily rules comeinto play. If not then I wil ldrop the Fertile and infertile feats. If we do go with them, I drop the taken at 1st level requirements from btoh feats and have indertile wil lonly take up 1 feat slot.  Wel lendowed will provide a +2 bonus to any sexual related skill as long as the target is obviously aware of your endowment. (Ie your naked, have a raging hard on, they have seen you naked before or have heard about your endowelment, etc) It sort of makes it less favorble to pick up but it makes more sense that way. I could be well endoweled  :-X but would you know that unless..well you get the idea I hope. Feel free to suggest other new feats or ideas.

Personal vote is against pregnancy, but for the XP penalty should players disregard the original intent of the game. As far as feats go, I would recommend taking a look at the GUCK for feat/spell/unique PrC ideas, and raid them for the choicest bits. Same goes for BoED. If you're interested in Seduction that scales, rather than hard DCs that, in later levels, can be overcome easily with the right magic items (as is the case with Diplomacy), I'd recommend looking at Rich Burlew's alternative Diplomacy DC system. Shouldn't take too long to find if you google him.

QuoteAs for the Gods, I would like to make a few more, and still working on the diffferent domains for them and stuff. I wouldl ove any suggstions on this. The way I see it the more input i recieve from you the potential players the better i can make the experience when it finally begins.

Quite honestly, as raunchy as this is probably going to be, there probably would be some gods that aren't explicitly focused on sex, seduction, and the like. A thought to use, if it seem the pantheon is too sparse.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Jefepato on September 21, 2006, 01:47:46 PM
Crap.  I totally forgot about that.

Anyway, definitely take Practiced Spellcaster instead of Spell Penetration.  In your case, it's much better in just about every way, as long as you're going to have at least 4 ranks in Spellcraft.

I generally have only access to the core books so I won't take feats I can't get access to myself.

indarkestknight

I'd be willing to PM you the feat, RubySlippers.

RubySlippers

WarDragon

No opinion on the fertility rules.

About the gods... perhaps they could cover traditional things, but have a greater emphasis on sex than usual?  Like, Dominatra is like a female, kinkier version of Faerun's Bane, and so forth.  Cupid could be the primary god of hedonists, in his role as god of both Freedom and Love.

Any word on extra feats/skill points, to take advantage of the smut rules, while not straying too far from standard D&D in power level?

Jefepato

Here's a few suggestions for godly domains:
Cupid: God of love and beauty (CG)
Domains: Chaos, Charm, Good, Joy, Pleasure

Serene: Goddess of Virginity(LG)
Domains: Good, Law, Protection (maybe Community and/or Family as well.  I'm not really sure where to go with this one)

Dominatra: Goddess of Sex and lust(LE)
Domains: Domination, Evil, Law, Lust, Tyranny

Herpetis: God of Disease and murder(CE)
Domains: Chaos, Corruption, Death, Evil, Pestilence, Wrath

Necronius: God of Death (N)
Domains: Balance, Death, Planning, Undeath (maybe Time as well?  It could fit but I hesitate to let anyone near that domain)

Sol: God of Life and fertility(N)
Domains: Community, Creation, Healing, Sun

Gods that might be worth having around (merely suggestions):
God of combat (maybe in general, like Tempus from FR, or for specific purposes, like Kord from Greyhawk)
Domains: Competition, Strength, War, plus alignment domains

God of justice
Domains: Inquisition, Protection, plus alignment domains

God of magic
Domains: Magic, Spell, plus alignment domains

Gods of various races
Domains: Racial domains, plus alignment domains (plus something fitting, like Craft for gnomes, but this depends on your interpretation of the race)

CaptainErotica

I'm liking pretty much everything you guys are bringing up and will mostl ikely use it, though it kinda feels like I'm using you some how.

I will be posting the final adjustments shortly but here is a rough overview:

1) Any new skills I decide to go with will cost 1/2 a skill point /rank and be considered class skills(1 point buys 2 ranks)

2) Feats:  I wanted to add at least a few new feats ,but after thinking on it, and reading everones input I am leaning toward not adding any new feats. this goes hand in hand with the fertilty rules. I am leaning toward going without them, and allowing the players to decide if they want to roleplay such an event. If they do then add it in to the mix if not then no big loss. This way the focus will stay more on roleplaying versus rollplaying. If u keep the fertily rules the then the Fertile/Infertile feats wil lstay costing 1 feat slot and available at any level to any class/race...The only prerequisite requirements will be for infertilty which wil lrequire an in game reason for you suddenly becoming this way. (if taken at first level you were born that way). I will most likely drop the Well Endowed feat entirely.

3) Gods: Big change here, but I think it works out well. I will use the Olympian Pantheon. I think it fits very well with the erotic nature of the game, since most of the greek gods were prone to mating with mortals. I wilp keep two of the custom gods(Serene and Dominatra) who will be twin sisters, daughters of Aphrodite and a mortal man. They are both going to be Nuetral and be bitter rivals for obvious reasons.

4) Armor Class: I'm still not sure how to fix the gap in AC verses level for those who wish to walk around scantily clad. Obviously magic items help but with the stacking rules it will be a problem.  I am considering either ignoring the restrictions (Ie 2 items that grant defecltion would stack) or  I was considering giving each player a free magic item of my choice, so I could just give them an uberly powerful AC boosting item while the walking armored tank gets something suitble to his clas/race, or whatever.

Other than that everything else should work as per the books. I don't plan on doing much rollong in the game except for combat, and even then I think it would be nice to let the players have some freeform fun with some of the minor encounters. I mean why roll dice for a group of ten skeletons when I can let the players decide how it turns out, though i would ask that you keepin mind the other players(ie do not have your uber paladin slay the entire ob in the firsdt post leaving the other player to sit there with nothing to kill.Hope that makes sense) . anyway I'm almost ready to start, and I look foward to it. If it works the way i want it to(they seldom do eh?) then it will be quite fun.

Jefepato

Quote from: Robguy on September 23, 2006, 07:09:14 AM
1) Any new skills I decide to go with will cost 1/2 a skill point /rank and be considered class skills(1 point buys 2 ranks)

2) Feats:  I wanted to add at least a few new feats ,but after thinking on it, and reading everones input I am leaning toward not adding any new feats. this goes hand in hand with the fertilty rules. I am leaning toward going without them, and allowing the players to decide if they want to roleplay such an event. If they do then add it in to the mix if not then no big loss. This way the focus will stay more on roleplaying versus rollplaying. If u keep the fertily rules the then the Fertile/Infertile feats wil lstay costing 1 feat slot and available at any level to any class/race...The only prerequisite requirements will be for infertilty which wil lrequire an in game reason for you suddenly becoming this way. (if taken at first level you were born that way). I will most likely drop the Well Endowed feat entirely.

I like this.  Fertility is an issue of personal taste and not game balance, so it probably shouldn't cost a feat.

I would suggest keeping a feat of some sort that adds +2 to the two skills (assuming you keep those two skills as such -- I'm not sure where you're going with those), but "Well Endowed" is probably too specific a name for it.

3) Gods: Big change here, but I think it works out well. I will use the Olympian Pantheon. I think it fits very well with the erotic nature of the game, since most of the greek gods were prone to mating with mortals. I wilp keep two of the custom gods(Serene and Dominatra) who will be twin sisters, daughters of Aphrodite and a mortal man. They are both going to be Nuetral and be bitter rivals for obvious reasons.

Sounds good.  What I have to wonder is, though, is there any serious stigma attached to following the Academy instead of one or more of the gods?

4) Armor Class: I'm still not sure how to fix the gap in AC verses level for those who wish to walk around scantily clad. Obviously magic items help but with the stacking rules it will be a problem.  I am considering either ignoring the restrictions (Ie 2 items that grant defecltion would stack) or  I was considering giving each player a free magic item of my choice, so I could just give them an uberly powerful AC boosting item while the walking armored tank gets something suitble to his clas/race, or whatever.

Personally, I was considering a Vow of Poverty, but I'm sure that won't suit some people at all.

As I said, I like the rule where wearing part of a suit of armor (even if it's a small part, like a chainmail bikini or the Diablo 2 barbarian's plate armguard) counts rules-wise as wearing the whole thing, if only because it's the simplest way to handle it.  (It makes no sense, but this is swords & sorcery after all.)

CaptainErotica

In using the Olympian pantheon, most people would worship most if not al lthe dieties at one time or another. If they choose to choose one as their diety of choice that is fine, but the only characters who need to have a chosen god are clerics. Shoud you totally shun the dieties in favor of the academy they really is nothing wrong with that except that it will affect how most people see you, and interact with you.

I think your suggestion on armor works good as well.

indarkestknight

I'm going to reiterate WD on the AC issue: I'd go for defense bonuses, with armor as DR.

Personally, if we're going to be roleplaying more than rollplaying the sex part, I'd prefer it not be a skill, though I can definitely still see seduction as one.

WarDragon

Most of the changes sound good.  If we do want to keep sex as a skill/feat system, I suggest we just go with the one presented in GUCK.
http://www.netbook-of-uck.net/online.htm

I can go either way on the armor.  Another option for those who want to stay protected while showing themselves off is glassteel:
http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/armorb.pl?Glassteel

RubySlippers

Depends on my character I'm thinking of changing her around not the stats but maybe a base plus prestige class only. Not sure. Sorry being undecisive but role-playing is important to me more than class efficiency but it might be better to go with something more focused.

What sourcebooks are you allowing class book related. Can I use Tome & Blood?

I was thinking Wizard 3/Mage of the Arcane Order 7 OR for a creepy character Wizard 5/Pale Master 5.