[Interest Check] Lewd Themes in 5e Forgotten Realms

Started by AnneReinard, October 20, 2017, 08:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnneReinard

Certainly not! I am just stating that characters with ties to the Sword Coast region would probably be good to draw upon. I am not ruling out focusing in on the Zhentarim even. They could certainly work as a strong, morally grey starting point.
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

Snake

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AnneReinard

Okay! There is definitely interest in that particular plot thread, so I'll go forward along that path of interest.

...I think there is enough that I can make a formal thread in the near future for recruitment, but anybody have any other thoughts until then?
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

AndyZ

What if, say, I was playing a Great Old One Warlock who had some sort of interdimensional tentacle beast as a patron, and I had to find it willing females to act as concubines?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Hexed

Don't know how much you want pretty existing but 5e has some nice sword coast based ap that zoom in and show a fair bit of the area.

AnneReinard

@AndyZ: I admittedly lean more toward dubcon and noncon in my particular kinks. ...but that is certainly a possibility. Just don't run afoul of any paladins that think that you are a terrible abomination that needs to be purged from the world.

@Hexed: I am well aware! Part of my interest in setting things in the Sword Coast, since there is some really strong 5e information for it already.
Ons and Offs

AndyZ

Remind me what dubcon is?  I'm not as much for NC, unless you count Charm spells as NC. >.>
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

AnneReinard

"Dubcon" is short for "dubious consent." Usually referring to blackmail, coercion, and other such methods of gaining consent. Charm magic would 100% count as dubcon. ...compulsion magic would of course be outright nonconsent.
Ons and Offs

AndyZ

Gotcha.  If that's big for you, I may even just simplify the idea to that ^_^ I'll PM and discuss some ideas more when things look closer to creation.

Chulanowa

Interest piqued, will mull it over. I might already have a character for this even  ;D

Zaer Darkwail

If going for tentacle sex theme with your warlock, then either blade or chain pact would work very well. As blade could be 'tentacle' when you manifest it (fluff/flavor but have stats of a club example or greatsword) or if go chain and get a fancy familiar; you could get small tentacle beast as familiar (which either has stat function of existing familiar or if GM wants go creative can give custom stats for tentacle beasty). I myself lean either to Thayan Red Wizard (conjurer or transmuter) or a plain fighter (champion) or rogue (assassin) from zhents. Or cleric of Bane. Or just a bard (of lore) who has sort scandal he is escaping/eluding from Cormyr.

AnneReinard

I will admit - part of my love of 5e is that it is pretty easy to work on homebrew content. Comparatively.
Ons and Offs

Vonandi

AnneReinard

I have selected nobody at this time. I will be putting up a more formal advert (with actual plot!) and leave it open for a while for people to get things in.
Ons and Offs

Daril

Quote from: AnneReinard on October 24, 2017, 11:02:03 AM
I will admit - part of my love of 5e is that it is pretty easy to work on homebrew content. Comparatively.

Are you open to allowing homebrew content in this game then?  Given one of the possible settings being floated I was thinking of trying to play this scantily clad half elf girl I sometimes use as a character model as some sort of blade wielding dervish.  Then again given that I've only participated in a couple 5E RPGs I may not be the best person to try to homebrew a character archtype.

AnneReinard

Hrm. I'm still fairly new to running 5e. So I think I'm ultimately going to decide on no homebrew or Unearthed Arcana content (aside from Revised Ranger if anybody wants to be a Ranger).
Ons and Offs

Chulanowa

Quote from: AnneReinard on October 25, 2017, 09:03:13 AM
Hrm. I'm still fairly new to running 5e. So I think I'm ultimately going to decide on no homebrew or Unearthed Arcana content (aside from Revised Ranger if anybody wants to be a Ranger).

....Welp, there goes the minotaur  ;D

Revelation

Quote from: AnneReinard on October 25, 2017, 09:03:13 AM
Bit of a bummer! But i'll still probably go paladin.

AndyZ

Gonna admit that I was thinking about Changeling...

AnneReinard

Have I mentioned that I like making people happy? Because I am being bullied into caving straight to Unearthed Arcana at least. Though I will probably exclude homebrew still.
Ons and Offs

AndyZ

Now I feel bad >.>

Maybe have Unearthed Arcana be a case by case basis and the majority of the group has to be okay with whatever aspect is put down?  That way it feels less like throwing everything at the DM's feet.

AnneReinard

This seems reasonable. I mean, I'm not going to hold people to anything mechanical until a group is selected.

...also, I'm a bit of a masochist. So don't feel that bad.
Ons and Offs

Zaer Darkwail

Unearthed Arcana is good allowed source as it gives loads of variety to use with any class or char gens.

CirclMastr

I only have the PHB so I would have to make up for my vanilla character build with depraved sexual content.
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.