Original Superheroes. Freeform with system influence (CLOSED)

Started by NileGoddess, July 07, 2011, 02:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isengrad

Oh, The moment I read her I thought of Elfen Lied, and wonderful selection for the name. Really if i were to make a second Villain it would have been hyde ^^

original artwork by karabiner

Latooni Subota

I was tired of looking for images that specifically fit random concepts and ideas, then I took a break and looked over my collection of old playstation games, and saw a copy of Galerians. My brain immediately went into overdrive and thought up Miss Hyde. I'm happy I came up with her. :D
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

NileGoddess

Well, I don't think anything looks out of place, and everything else looks good, so why don't you go ahead and post her in the character thread? Also, please check in at the OOC and familiarize yourself with the story so far and how everything works. Both links are at the beginning of this thread. Any questions, feel free to send them my way.

Latooni Subota

Thankies! If I have any questions, I'll be sure to poke at you. :D

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

EbonyQueen

I have actually lurked a time or two in this interest thread and found... Heck the mix of characters and the idea are quite neat. I have a bit of an opening in group-game time that I have allotted for myself and have several different character 'ideas' that I could ponder on, but I wanted to ask if there was a specific need in either Order or the League for a certain type of character?

I could easily construct a Heroine or Villianess. I am just wondering if there is a real need in either faction for a specific type of character before I get -too- far ahead of myself.

NileGoddess

At this point, we have equal players in The Order and The League, EbonyQueen, so if you wish to make a heroine or a villainess, it is up to you. Thanks for the interest!

Kaisude

I am sorry to waste your time Nile, but I have to recline myself from this RP. My activity here will lesson and I don't want to hinder this rp due to lack of a leader. My apologies again.

NileGoddess

Sorry to hear that Kaisude. Thank you for the interest anyway.

To all further applicants, the position for Leader of the The Order is once again open. The League currently has +2 members over The Order, so Order members at this time are preferred.

EbonyQueen

Dossier on Lady Onyx

Alignment:Order
Profession:City Politician
Strengths:

• Flight
  • Enhanced Durability
Weaknesses:

• Weakness to Extreme Cold: Do to her physiology extreme cold causes the tight bonds between cells that give her the superhuman strength and endurance she enjoys to weaken progressively over time.
  • Code of Ethics: She will -always- risk herself to save an innocent. Nor will she attack an enemy at a severe disadvantage, leaving her open to being exploited easily in those situations.
Suspected Origin:Metahuman; Showed signs of inhuman strength and durability at a very young age.
Power Description:Her body is naturally more resilient to damage from a combination of ultra-dense bone and a cellular structure that is bound together by the type of covalent bonds found in substances like titanium giving her a skin which could easily rival the strongest of metals. Her muscle likewise became very tightly packed cellular wise giving her incredible strength to go along with her durability. Her natural flight ability is a bit of a mystery, but it is thought that somehow the polarity of her cells can change just enough to cause a sort of magnetic 'levitation' and propulsion.
Role in Order/League:Leader: She has been 'wearing tights' for quite a long time. While only a few ever knew her identity she was an active super-heroine as far back as the 1960's quickly becoming notable. She was one of the first -truly- high profile heroes. The fact that she was a black female she became a role model for many, a sex symbol for others. Now that she is older her powers have not faded all that much, though she has slowed somewhat physically she is still quite powerful. Her experience, and levelheadedness makes for a perfect leader.

Attributes

Strength: 6Speed:0Intellect: 2
Endurance: 6Agility: 0Perception: 2

Aurora Wayland

NileGoddess

Yes. The League has +1 on the Order, but I'm allowing for a +2 max on either side, so we have room for characters on either side as of this moment.

Aurora Wayland

*Taps Chin* Hmm. Ill think of a character, and probably post 1 tomorrow, if that is ok.

NileGoddess

Yes, that'd be fine. Just be sure to keep yourself flexible, as I can't guarantee a side if anyone else applies in the meantime and weighs one side too heavily.

The Leader position for The Order has been filled.

TheVillain

An idea I've been fiddling with, let me know if you like and where we can go from here.

Dossier on Poison

Alignment:The League. Poison is a vengeful and angry woman who views the League as little more then a source of resources for her private vendetta, but she recognizes the value of teamwork against the forces of Law and Order. She isn't the most loyal of the members of the League, and doesn't particularly care about whether or not they achieve world domination, but she knows a good deal when she sees one and the League has things to offer her that she likes very much.
Profession:Physician, specializing in theoretical biochemistry and theoretical biophysics.
Strengths:

• Due to extensive gene therapy and physical acclimation, Poison has conditioned her body to be immune to most poisons, toxins, and venoms.
  • Poison is a scientific genius whose civilian identity is considered an expert in biochemistry and biophysics, especially as it applies to how living things process poisons, drugs, and toxins.
Weaknesses:

• Aside from an immune system so powerful that it can handle WMD-class Biological and Chemical weapons, Poison's body is otherwise completely normal for a human being.
  • When Poison sets her sights on a goal, she becomes focused and determined to the point of derangement. Whether the goal is to further her research or kill dozens of people, she'll ignore even basic bodily needs and threats to her safety in pursuit of these goals. Sufficiently stealthy or unplanned for actions can surprise her.
Suspected Origin:Poison got her powers the old fashioned way, by studying and working for them. She has subjected herself to radical experiments simply to further science. In short, she's earned her abilities by virtue of her genius-level intellect.
Power Description:Her only real power of her super-immune system was bought and paid for with slow and painful acclimation combined with radical gene therapy. Otherwise her powers work from her research into poisons, toxins, and venoms. Poison has a chemical for every occasion, whether it's to gas a crowd of people to sleep so she can rob a bank, or to inject a single person so that they die screaming.
Role in Order/League:A bit of a loose cannon in League terms, she mostly acts as the group's physician. For a bit of money or a favor, she'll set bones and cure diseases or any of a wide variety of medical services. Then she'll go out and gas a boardroom because the CEO pissed her off and giggle as she watches them die.

Attributes

Strength: 0Speed: 2Intellect: 8
Endurance: 0Agility: 2Perception: 4
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Latooni Subota

Hoo! That'd be an interesting Wild Card. The only person with enough defensive oomph to try and tank SUPERGENIUS POISONS AND CRAZY STUFF is Hyde . . . that's a bad sign. XD

TheVillain

Personally, I giggle that (Poison in a building + getting her hands on a janitor's cart of cleaning chemicals = "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!") :P
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Aurora Wayland

Dossier on Aurora Wayland

Profession:High School Student
Strengths:

• Able to Mimic Others Powers
Weaknesses:

• No Moral compass
  • Has no super powers on her own.
Suspected Origin: Born into A dysfunctional home, Aurora's gifted eyes quickly branded her as a freak. At age 13 she ran away from home, living off the street and trying to avoid being raped. As she turned sixteen she was found by the Order and ushered into their 'youth' program. It is there that she is trained in how to use her eyes and given some resemblance of a family.
Power Description:Aurora's Eyes can mimic others powers. She has to be able to see them used and even then its only for short durations.
Role in Order/League:As a 'youth' in training, the young girl is normally left out of major conflicts and is treated more like the appropriate High School student that she is.

Attributes

Strength: 0 Speed: 2 Intellect: 4
Endurance: 1 Agility: 4 Perception:6

NileGoddess

TheVillain, you'll have to pick a side and commit; none of this in between stuff.  The back story is pretty good as far as I can see, but I'm not too keen on having a character join a side just to use them for personal gain. It sounds like it could disrupt the intended nature of the game.

Aurora, I'll need to see more in the Role section, as there's not enough to really get a sense for why a high school student is even in The Order, powers or not. Also, I will need some more elaboration on your part about her powers. How effective is the power she acquires from others? Does the person have to be using it, or can they just be standing there and it would have no effect? This could be a pretty significant weakness, as all it would take is someone with a weapon not using their powers to subdue her.

TheVillain

Aww. The way I was reading the game it would definitely give things an extra level of complication and intrigue that would be fun. Alright, I'll give her a push in the League's direction but understand she probably won't be the most loyal of the members. Or the most sane. :P

NileGoddess

TheVillain

NileGoddess

Better. You can post her in the character thread, linked on the opening post.

At this time, the League has +1 characters over the Order. Characters of either side are accepted at this time, until a +2 difference occurs.

Nykteus

Dossier on Величество (Majesty)

Profession:Hacker
Strengths:

• Holographic Nervous System: Majesty possesses a highly developed nervous system, which is augmented by additional "brains" that exist within the nuclei of his cells. His intellect is virtually unrivalled, and the processing speed of his decentralised nervous system is far beyond any creature that relies entirely on a brain.
  • Electromagnetokinesis: Majesty's body generates large amounts of electromagnetic energy, which he can discharge in various ways. The nature of his psionic control over his own energy also allows him to manipulate outside electromagnetic phenomena, such as the Earth's magnetic field and cosmic rays.
Weaknesses:

• Psychological Instability: The unique nature of Majesty's mind coupled with his disturbing upbringing in a Soviet research facility has left him quite insane, although in his own peculiar manner. He is always extremely paranoid, and usually quite emotionally distant, though during times of distress he can be prone to manic depressive mood swings that can make him quite unpredictable. He regulates his condition with proprietary medication, the dependence on which keeps him wary of overusing his own abilities.
  • Obsession: Despite appearing to be an apathetic, ruthless individual, Majesty has a deep sense of compassion, and will never hesitate to protect the innocent, though he doesn't think of himself as a hero. While many of his actions would be illegal or unethical, and he has a tendency to treat his allies as weapons and tools in his possession, he is unwavering in devotion to his own ethos. He never cares what others think of him, for good or ill, and he is driven by a deep sense of pride that often makes it impossible for him to admit defeat or accept his own limitations, regardless of how much danger he is in.
Suspected Origin:Majesty is the product of a Cold War era program initiated by the Soviet Union, designed to use eugenics and bioengineering to create a superhuman capable of ending the nuclear arms race by rendering such weapons obsolete.
Power Description:Majesty's cellular structure is such that every cell in his body serves as part of his neural network, possessing an autonomous control centre that can still contribute to the total processing power of his mind. A byproduct of this mutation is that his intelligence is far beyond the capacity of any human.
Role in Order:Majesty's role is that of a strategist, compiling information from various sources in order to plan operations for his allies. His intellect allows him to process vast quantities of data with superhuman processing speeds, which makes him an ideal battlefield coordinator, although he can have difficulty given that he requires the implicit trust of his comrades, given that any advantages he provides hinge on being able to give strategic input without having to waste the time to explain his plans.

Attributes

Strength: 0Speed: 2Intellect: 8
Endurance: 0Agility: 2Perception: 4